Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Proud to be a swinger?

Jump to newest

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

How do you feel about being a swinger? Should we be open about it? Many of us require to hide our desires for social reasons. But it is strange that swinging is still very much a taboo, while other closet sexuality are proudly out. Should it be now be LBGTQS where S is swinger?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Swinging isn’t a sexuality

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Might people think the S stood for straight ?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I'm not ashamed, I just don't feel the need to share my sexual exploits with my nearest and dearest.

Also, as someone else said, swinging is a lifestyle choice, not a sexuality.

over a year ago

What is there to be proud about? It's just sex. No-one should have to 'come out' or 'admit' to their sex lives.

over a year ago

"Might people think the S stood for straight ?"

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

no.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I think there is still a lack of understanding in the wider world, about of people dont really understand what it is, or find it hard to comprehend that sex can be enjoyed with multiple different partners or the sexual freedom the lifestyle brings

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

What goes on in the bedroom stays in the bedroom for us. We don't shout from the roof tops about our normal sex life either.

over a year ago

Yes this is a really good post with some good points of view.

We are proud swingers, both of us. We don't give a shit what anyone thinks. We dont fly a fab flag everytime we leave the house but its certainly no secret amongst our friends and work friends.

Stand tall & proud fabbers

Mrs

over a year ago

im not ashamed to be a swinger in the slightest, i love my lifestyle. i have a partner who loves me, and we both enjoy this together.

but that's just it, it's our lifestyle. other's opinions do not matter

Px

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

To say "We're swingers and we're proud of it" does seem a little strange. Paradoxically, we do take pride though, that we allow each other to love sexuality with others and gain satisfaction and enjoyment from it. I'm proud that my wife is happy, sexually fulfilled and she feels the same.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Lifestyle choice is not the same as sexuality. If you want to tell people you're a swinger OP, you can do that.

I'm not a swinger, just an occasionally horny woman. Even if I was I don't want to discuss my intimate sex life with anyone. It's not for me.

over a year ago

"Swinging isn’t a sexuality "

Nor is the ‘T’.

over a year ago

I'm not into telling people about my sex life - but if that's what others want to do then crack on

over a year ago

"Swinging isn’t a sexuality

Nor is the ‘T’. "

over a year ago

"Yes this is a really good post with some good points of view.

We are proud swingers, both of us. We don't give a shit what anyone thinks. We dont fly a fab flag everytime we leave the house but its certainly no secret amongst our friends and work friends.

Mrs "

So no abundance of pampas grass in the front garden and a projector illuminating the night sky like the Bat-signal?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

"I'm not ashamed, I just don't feel the need to share my sexual exploits with my nearest and dearest.

Also, as someone else said, swinging is a lifestyle choice, not a sexuality. "

over a year ago

Mrs

So no abundance of pampas grass in the front garden and a projector illuminating the night sky like the Bat-signal? "

"To the Swingmobile Robin, someone needs an MMF"

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I'm not ashamed about it - but I'm also not going to sit and chat to my parents about it over a Sunday lunch

over a year ago

Mrs

So no abundance of pampas grass in the front garden and a projector illuminating the night sky like the Bat-signal?

"To the Swingmobile Robin, someone needs an MMF""

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm proud of a lot of things in my life but I don't really count my sexual activities among them. We had the telly on last night and I heard "proud sponsors of Emmerdale" I didn't catch who the sponsors were. I thought what's to be proud of, they've dished out money in return for advertising and while I've got not problem with it I can't see it as something to be proud of really, same goes for swinging, stamp collecting or train spotting.

over a year ago

I wouldn't say proud, but certainly open about it and not concerned about admitting it xx

over a year ago

As said above, Swinging is a lifestyle rather than a sexuality. I'm not a swinger but I have found what I wanted through the swinging community. I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle choices even though they aren't always understood. I don't shout about posting half naked pictures of myself on the site but the people closest to me are aware of who I am and the lifestyle I've chosen.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Why anyone feels the need to announce their sexuality or sexual activity is beyond me....

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Just an observation, some who are proud and open about it cover their faces on their pics?!

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

There are a many interesting replies here.

I am very discreet about it but feel good and proud about swinging with consenting adults. Sometimes I would like to be more open about it. Maybe if we more open we’d find it is wider desire among society. I was a member of a swingers group - before the internet - and you got a badge to wear - a dove flying - to indicate to the group you were a swinger to other.

So is swinging a lifestyle or sexual orientation and a choice? It was once thought that homosexuality was a lifestyle or sexual choice. We know now it isn’t and people are born that way. Are we born swingers?

over a year ago

"Just an observation, some who are proud and open about it cover their faces on their pics?!"

Its about been selective of who we choose to share it with, dont want the kids school teachers or neighbor's seeing, doesn't mean we are ashamed, damage limitation, don't want constant hassle from the single men of the area, as most peoples perception is I'll shag anyone

over a year ago

Im not a swinger i dont share far too jealous of my things i love 1 and only 1 and that will be all win or lose

over a year ago

I’m more of a fucker than a swinger

over a year ago

We are both happy to talk about it if asked but wouldn't volunteer. Bit like being a fan of Wham.... Haha! N xx

over a year ago

"There are a many interesting replies here.

I am very discreet about it but feel good and proud about swinging with consenting adults. Sometimes I would like to be more open about it. Maybe if we more open we’d find it is wider desire among society. I was a member of a swingers group - before the internet - and you got a badge to wear - a dove flying - to indicate to the group you were a swinger to other.

So is swinging a lifestyle or sexual orientation and a choice? It was once thought that homosexuality was a lifestyle or sexual choice. We know now it isn’t and people are born that way. Are we born swingers? "

Who exactly is it you want to tell about your sex life...and why?

over a year ago

"We are both happy to talk about it if asked but wouldn't volunteer. Bit like being a fan of Wham.... Haha! N xx"

Sssh we don’t talk about wham around here

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m discreet on the whole but will be totally open and honest about my choices with people I meet that it might effect. Including any profiles I might have on any dating sites for example.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I wouldn't say proud, but certainly open about it and not concerned about admitting it xx"

This x

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Swinging isn’t a sexuality "

Neither is transgender or Two Spirit, LGBQTI+ is not just about sexually.

OP I use the term poly, swinger is quite negative and associated with wife swapping parties and promiscuity. I’ve been more and more open about it with vanilla friends, family , nothing at all to be ashamed about not wanting conventional types of relationships.

By *exyEggsCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

It's a very interesting question, OP.

Am I ashamed of being a swinger? No.

Do I make it known to the vast majority of my friends and family? Also no.

I do sometimes wish that I felt able to be open about it. I think the more we are aware of the different ways in which people live their lives, and that it's perfectly normal to feel the way we feel, the more accepting we will become as a society. It's not about showing off and broadcasting details of our sex lives, but more about realising that there are many ways to be. Living in a small town, with a family, and public facing jobs, though - I'm not going to take that step.

So I don't think I would use the word proud, but I'm certainly comfortable with it.

Mrs kf x

over a year ago

"How do you feel about being a swinger? Should we be open about it? Many of us require to hide our desires for social reasons. But it is strange that swinging is still very much a taboo, while other closet sexuality are proudly out. Should it be now be LBGTQS where S is swinger?"

The gist of this is quite pertinent despite the pendantic point regarding swinging not being a sexuality.

The fact is that in today's society many people are forced to conceal their sexual lifestyle in order to retain employment and other basic social benefits.

For as long a swinging is legal this prejudice against the lifestyle is absolutely unacceptable, and we should hope that it will eventually find wider social acceptance, just as many other sexual activities rightly have in recent decades.

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 13:36:45]

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"How do you feel about being a swinger? Should we be open about it? Many of us require to hide our desires for social reasons. But it is strange that swinging is still very much a taboo, while other closet sexuality are proudly out. Should it be now be LBGTQS where S is swinger?

The gist of this is quite pertinent despite the pendantic point regarding swinging not being a sexuality.

The fact is that in today's society many people are forced to conceal their sexual lifestyle in order to retain employment and other basic social benefits.

For as long a swinging is legal this prejudice against the lifestyle is absolutely unacceptable, and we should hope that it will eventually find wider social acceptance, just as many other sexual activities rightly have in recent decades. "

You have hit the nail on the head. Just as any other activities involving sex whether you tell people or not is wholly your choice. But it should not be hidden because of the fear of being discriminated against.

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 13:42:13]

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"im not ashamed to be a swinger in the slightest, i love my lifestyle. i have a partner who loves me, and we both enjoy this together.

but that's just it, it's our lifestyle. other's opinions do not matter

Px "

Absolutely this! xx

over a year ago

"How do you feel about being a swinger? Should we be open about it? Many of us require to hide our desires for social reasons. But it is strange that swinging is still very much a taboo, while other closet sexuality are proudly out. Should it be now be LBGTQS where S is swinger?

For as long a swinging is legal this prejudice against the lifestyle is absolutely unacceptable, and we should hope that it will eventually find wider social acceptance, just as many other sexual activities rightly have in recent decades. "

Ocht behave...swapping partners or having a threesome isn't a protected characteristic

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"It's a very interesting question, OP.

Am I ashamed of being a swinger? No.

Do I make it known to the vast majority of my friends and family? Also no.

I do sometimes wish that I felt able to be open about it. I think the more we are aware of the different ways in which people live their lives, and that it's perfectly normal to feel the way we feel, the more accepting we will become as a society. It's not about showing off and broadcasting details of our sex lives, but more about realising that there are many ways to be. Living in a small town, with a family, and public facing jobs, though - I'm not going to take that step.

So I don't think I would use the word proud, but I'm certainly comfortable with it.

Mrs kf x"

I agree with you. Swinging should be seen as a normal healthy sexual activity. Whether you want to tell anyone is up to you and you may want to keep private for personal reasons.

I used the word “pride” deliberately because it is used by LBGTQ and is a way to say you are unashamed about it.

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 13:47:55]

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

OP I use the term poly, swinger is quite negative and associated with wife swapping parties and promiscuity. I’ve been more and more open about it with vanilla friends, family , nothing at all to be ashamed about not wanting conventional types of relationships.

"

I agree more people are using the term poly or polyamory than swinging, but generally they are the same thing in that they are about having consensual sex with more than one person at one time or period of time.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I agree more people are using the term poly or polyamory than swinging, but generally they are the same thing in that they are about having consensual sex with more than one person at one time or period of time. "

Which for younger people is perfectly normal and acceptable these days, but there’s an expectation that at some point it ends and you “settle down” and become monogamous!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To be perfectly honest I'm not really bothered about how the rest of society views me. I don't tell anybody about any aspect of our sex life basically out of respect for them, if they asked I'd answer with as much information as I felt they needed. So if it was my mother the answer would be very different than if it was a potential meet. Personally I don't think anybody needs to know what I get up to and it's none of their damn business anyway.

over a year ago

"Ocht behave...swapping partners or having a threesome isn't a protected characteristic"

So you think it would be fair to lose your job for living this lifestyle?

over a year ago

"Why anyone feels the need to announce their sexuality or sexual activity is beyond me.... "

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m not a swinger. I don’t think I would need to wear it like a badge though. Some thing can be private.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I was outed many years ago by a friend that got jealous of how I was.. she shared my fab profile and gangbang photos with the other mums at the school. Worse still she outed me to my older kids.

Luckily my family already knew my lifestyle choice

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I was outed many years ago by a friend that got jealous of how I was.. she shared my fab profile and gangbang photos with the other mums at the school. Worse still she outed me to my older kids.

Luckily my family already knew my lifestyle choice "

Perhaps it is the matter of normalising swinging so this wouldn’t need to happen.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I was outed many years ago by a friend that got jealous of how I was.. she shared my fab profile and gangbang photos with the other mums at the school. Worse still she outed me to my older kids.

Luckily my family already knew my lifestyle choice

Perhaps it is the matter of normalising swinging so this wouldn’t need to happen. "

Well to be fair the family just know I don't do monogamy and I'm a free spirit. I wouldn't like them to know exactly what I do.. as to be fair its judged even within the lifestyle often

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I agree more people are using the term poly or polyamory than swinging, but generally they are the same thing in that they are about having consensual sex with more than one person at one time or period of time. "

Poly is being able to have multiple loving relationships, without jealousy of each other.

A lot of people bandy the word poly around when infact they are just having multiple open relationships, where emotional feelings are not embraced

By *uy4swinging OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I agree more people are using the term poly or polyamory than swinging, but generally they are the same thing in that they are about having consensual sex with more than one person at one time or period of time.

Poly is being able to have multiple loving relationships, without jealousy of each other.

A lot of people bandy the word poly around when infact they are just having multiple open relationships, where emotional feelings are not embraced "

Correct. Poly is short for polyamory which means loving many. Some use it in this lifestyle which is fine if you are loving many people but swinging is purely sexual hedonism with others. Swinging comes in different forms and as always there are many different points of views and varied relationships.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

A lot of people bandy the word poly around when infact they are just having multiple open relationships, where emotional feelings are not embraced "

I think you mean AN open relationship. If someone was multiple relationships they're polyamorous regardless of if those relationships are open or closed.

Post new Message to Thread