Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Foreign Charity

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently we are cutting our foreign aid charity budget from 0.7 to 0.5 of GDP..

Some charities up in arms..

Charity begins at home..

We have food banks and people sleeping in shop doorways

One view..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Charities shouldn't exist.

Have to ask WHY we have large dependencies on food banks and large homeless populations in an industrialised, first world country.

Quite incredible to say 'at home' as well when you consider that a lot of that aid goes to countries our great great grandparents r*ped the fuck out of resources and people to build this nation that is so incredibly rich. And, of course, that we are all humans living on the same planet and we have so much to spare. Unless you're a nationalist weirdo I suppose.

Until you address the intense levels of corporate greed and financial crime in the private and public sector, it'll always be fucked. Charities are a plaster over an already rotten wound.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The big corporate charities I will never give a penny while their CEOs take their hefty salaries..

I put a quid in the poppy tin and a quid to a beggar on the street if I think they are genuine.. some are not

over a year ago

Charities everywhere are typically struggling more than recent years, mostly for obvious reasons.

There will always be a place for charity in every sense of the word, and all corners of the world, but it’s incredibly sad to witness some of the differences in society that are present today.

over a year ago

"The big corporate charities I will never give a penny while their CEOs take their hefty salaries..

"

But you'll willingly give your money to corporations that only have a single bottom line with a CEO who earns more in a minute than you will in a lifetime? Isnt that a cognitive dissonance?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Any corporate charity that pays it's Leaders salaries greater than our Prime Minister deserve zero..

It's a scam.. I avoid them like the plague

over a year ago

"Any corporate charity that pays it's Leaders salaries greater than our Prime Minister deserve zero..

It's a scam.. I avoid them like the plague "

Why shouldn't CEO's of charities earn lots of money?

I personally dont even believe CEOs should exist, they are all horrid leeches that exploit our labour, but why the distinction?

And why is the Prime Minister's wage the bar set here?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The big corporate charities I will never give a penny while their CEOs take their hefty salaries..

But you'll willingly give your money to corporations that only have a single bottom line with a CEO who earns more in a minute than you will in a lifetime? Isnt that a cognitive dissonance?"

You are confused...

There are companies who make profits ..

There are charities..

Huge difference

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I would advise anybody putting their pound in the charity box to look at how of their pound goes to charity and how much goes to administration costs..

With some charities it can be as low as 26p. So give a pound and only 26p goes to aid...

Seriously..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Any corporate charity that pays it's Leaders salaries greater than our Prime Minister deserve zero..

It's a scam.. I avoid them like the plague

Why shouldn't CEO's of charities earn lots of money?

I personally dont even believe CEOs should exist, they are all horrid leeches that exploit our labour, but why the distinction?

And why is the Prime Minister's wage the bar set here?"

It's one bar.. the man who is responsible for running our country earns a fifth of what an ex minister earns for running an international charity

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Let's put this another way..

As a human I want to help others .. but I take home 500 O00 dollars before a penny goes to the people I purport to help.. think about it..

over a year ago

But you'll willingly give your money to corporations that only have a single bottom line with a CEO who earns more in a minute than you will in a lifetime? Isnt that a cognitive dissonance?

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference"

Okay i'll rephrase;

Why are you okay with scumbag companies with CEOs making trillions fucking up the planet and the people but not okay with CEOs of charities -who earn a fraction of a percentage of that - who at least try to do some good to address the balance?

You dont see a problem dying on this hill?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

Okay i'll rephrase;

Why are you okay with scumbag companies with CEOs making trillions fucking up the planet and the people but not okay with CEOs of charities -who earn a fraction of a percentage of that - who at least try to do some good to address the balance?

You dont see a problem dying on this hill?"

A fraction ...

They cream it off in the name of charity..

Leeches ..

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference"

not really, both the charity and the company want to attract the best and the brightest to help them do the most with their company/ charity - for that they need to offer competitive salary for someone at that professional level and skill set

and actually most NFP sector CEOs still make less than their corporate counterparts

learn how things work outside eutopia

over a year ago

"I would advise anybody putting their pound in the charity box to look at how of their pound goes to charity and how much goes to administration costs..

With some charities it can be as low as 26p. So give a pound and only 26p goes to aid...

Seriously..

"

things cost money- people, premises, advertising, recruitment, admin, running projects etc - none of that happens for free

if it was a corporate equivalents it would be like saying 26p of every £1 invested was profit (money left after running costs)

and that company would be praised for a 26% ROI

again , charities don’t exist in eutopia

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

Okay i'll rephrase;

You dont see a problem dying on this hill?

A fraction ...

They cream it off in the name of charity..

Leeches .. "

Yes. Do you think the CEO of Oxfam earns the same as the CEO of one of the few companies that control almost everything you consume; Walmart, Amazon, Apple etc?

Why do you care about those small time leeches and not those MASSIVE LEECHES?

over a year ago

"Charities shouldn't exist.

Have to ask WHY we have large dependencies on food banks and large homeless populations in an industrialised, first world country.

Quite incredible to say 'at home' as well when you consider that a lot of that aid goes to countries our great great grandparents r*ped the fuck out of resources and people to build this nation that is so incredibly rich. And, of course, that we are all humans living on the same planet and we have so much to spare. Unless you're a nationalist weirdo I suppose.

Until you address the intense levels of corporate greed and financial crime in the private and public sector, it'll always be fucked. Charities are a plaster over an already rotten wound.

"

couldn't express this better

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

not really, both the charity and the company want to attract the best and the brightest to help them do the most with their company/ charity - for that they need to offer competitive salary for someone at that professional level and skill set

and actually most NFP sector CEOs still make less than their corporate counterparts

"

So a person who purports to be charity minded earns £500,000 a year and of course a generous expenses package and a pension paid for years after that person has left the charity.. isn't that great value... And contributes to the data that in some charities for every pound you give.. 87p goes on admin..

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

So a person who purports to be charity minded earns £500,000 a year and of course a generous expenses package and a pension paid for years after that person has left the charity.. isn't that great value... And contributes to the data that in some charities for every pound you give.. 87p goes on admin..

"

you are just making numbers up so i am glossing over value, but what you fail to take into consideration is that ceo could likely make double in a private corporation

whats the alternative, we pitch low and have grossly under qualified and inexperienced folk being even less efficient with charity money?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

you are just making numbers up so i am glossing over value, but what you fail to take into consideration is that ceo could likely make double in a private corporation

whats the alternative, we pitch low and have grossly under qualified and inexperienced folk being even less efficient with charity money?

"

My point is this.. if granny puts a pound in a box she does not expect only 13p to go to those she chooses..

And would you ?

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

My point is this.. if granny puts a pound in a box she does not expect only 13p to go to those she chooses..

And would you ?

"

well 13p is a number you plucked out of air, previously it was “as low as 26p”

however would i know that everything i put in that box doesn’t go directly into a service users pocket then yes , because i understand how the world works , if granny doesn’t she has some learning of the harsh reality of life to do

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

however would i know that everything i put in that box doesn’t go directly into a service users pocket then yes , because i understand how the world works , if granny doesn’t she has some learning of the harsh reality of life to do "

Fuck granny then...she knows no better eh?

over a year ago

Still haven't really answered my basic question to be honest. tut tut.

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

however would i know that everything i put in that box doesn’t go directly into a service users pocket then yes , because i understand how the world works , if granny doesn’t she has some learning of the harsh reality of life to do

Fuck granny then...she knows no better eh?"

yes that exactly what i said

you might find granny from back in her days of running a house, is much more capable of grasping the concept that things cost money than you give her credit for , for example when hubby came home with a £10 wage packet she knows it didn’t all end up on the table as food

either way i would hope she was more open to learning from other peoples opinions, viewpoints and knowledge than you appear to be on any single thread that you post

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Still haven't really answered my basic question to be honest. tut tut."

Please treat is as a rhetorical question...please draw a conclusion..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

you might find granny from back in her days of running a house, is much more capable of grasping the concept that things cost money than you give her credit for , for example when hubby came home with a £10 wage packet she knows it didn’t all end up on the table as food

either way i would hope she was more open to learning from other peoples opinions, viewpoints and knowledge than you appear to be on any single thread that you post "

When all else fails then perhaps just felt on insults... Good plan

over a year ago

"Still haven't really answered my basic question to be honest. tut tut.

Please treat is as a rhetorical question...please draw a conclusion.. "

Ummm i'm admittedly a thick twat but I think you're a tad out of your depth here.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

either way i would hope she was more open to learning from other peoples opinions, viewpoints and knowledge than you appear to be on any single thread that you post "

But I wonder if she was interested in how much of her £10 put food on the table.

£9.70 good.. ££3.00 not so good maybe..

But I am not granny...

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

either way i would hope she was more open to learning from other peoples opinions, viewpoints and knowledge than you appear to be on any single thread that you post

When all else fails then perhaps just felt on insults... Good plan"

there is no insult there, if you see one it is because you recognise negative in your own behaviour - nothing i can do about that

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

When all else fails then perhaps just felt on insults... Good plan

there is no insult there, if you see one it is because you recognise negative in your own behaviour - nothing i can do about that "

Well you can dress up that last comment as you want.. but it was an insult..

over a year ago

You are confused...

There are charities..

Huge difference

And would you ?

But I wonder if she was interested in how much of her £10 put food on the table.

£9.70 good.. ££3.00 not so good maybe..

But I am not granny..."

granny has to pay the coal man, the rent, the park christmas savings stamps so the kids get a present, get the kids new shoes for school, hubby took a handful back for backy and the boozer - unfortunately granny didn’t get £9.70 of food on the table, if you can help granny please ring 0800-igiveupnow to donate

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Good humour and goodnight x

Post new Message to Thread