Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mind your own business

Jump to newest

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Don't you just hate it when people stick their noses into your personal life, gossip about what you are doing to other people.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why, what you up to ?

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I always take it that their own lives are so dull they have to inject a bit of excitement by talking about mine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you tell me you're secrets so I can tell my neighbor's

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Maybe you should have worded this post differently.

Don’t you think it’s a little too passive aggressive?

How about changing a few aspects in your life?

Reply privately

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Maybe you should have worded this post differently.

How about changing a few aspects in your life?"

not at all, it is directed to a small group of people on here who seem to think it is acceptable to discuss my activity on here with someone it has nothing to do with

Reply privately

over a year ago

The media circus around the royals is ridiculous. Random people quoted as they 'think the royals are feuding, they think the royals will split, etc' and people take it as fact.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How about changing a few aspects in your life? not at all, it is directed to a small group of people on here who seem to think it is acceptable to discuss my activity on here with someone it has nothing to do with"

The site is a soap opera. How do they know what and who you are doing?

Reply privately

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

I hate it when people try and ask me for other people's profile names that we've been talking to. Trust and discretion is number 1 for us and says so on our profile so why ask us such questions? Smh

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can’t imagine how dull their conversation would be if they tried to gossip about my life. A very short conversion indeed.

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

It only affects you if you let it, this I have learned.

OP we have a saying down this neck of the woods “if they are talking about me, at least they are leaving someone else alone”

Don’t worry about it, the drama llamas soon fall out and slowly disappear.

Smile, shrug your shoulders and think what a lovely place this is when you stop giving a fuck.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The media circus around the royals is ridiculous. Random people quoted as they 'think the royals are feuding, they think the royals will split, etc' and people take it as fact. "

Absolutely. From personal experience, I know the press make up some whoppers when they can’t get the exact facts.

That’s not to denigrate the entire press corp, just saying that even big national newspapers have reporters who aren’t averse to doing it when they’re on a deadline and facts have not been verified with the parties concerned.....especially when the party being reported on have made no comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The media circus around the royals is ridiculous. Random people quoted as they 'think the royals are feuding, they think the royals will split, etc' and people take it as fact.

Absolutely. From personal experience, I know the press make up some whoppers when they can’t get the exact facts.

That’s not to denigrate the entire press corp, just saying that even big national newspapers have reporters who aren’t averse to doing it when they’re on a deadline and facts have not been verified with the parties concerned.....especially when the party being reported on have made no comment. "

Yep. I reckon that's why they walked back up the hill. So people could see them chatting.

Gossip and shite is bad enough in a local area. To be subjected to it in front of the whole world must be horrendous.

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

It happens in all walks of life...I find it quite amusing

I'll just be over here having fun, enjoying my life and doing my own thing...they're obviously not doing the same if they've got the time and energy to gossip about other people

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"It happens in all walks of life...I find it quite amusing

I'll just be over here having fun, enjoying my life and doing my own thing...they're obviously not doing the same if they've got the time and energy to gossip about other people "

That’s very true

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

How about changing a few aspects in your life? not at all, it is directed to a small group of people on here who seem to think it is acceptable to discuss my activity on here with someone it has nothing to do with"

Ah you see it reads as if it’s directed to everybody.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't you just hate it when people stick their noses into your personal life, gossip about what you are doing to other people.

"

Like anything online, whatever you write or share on here could end up anywhere, with anyone talking about it. Only share what you'd be happy becoming more common knowledge.

Do I wish everyone was a bit more thoughtful about discretion? Absolutely!

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Unfortunately it happens. It’s why I don’t shout about who I’m meeting and I don’t give details out beyond a few bits and pieces and it’s why I hide my verifications.

Myself and my partner left the site for a year because a few people targeted us and made up a lot of things to try and split us up.

Gossip and bitching is a cancer on this site, unfortunately no one ever admits where it came from.

Reply privately

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"Don't you just hate it when people stick their noses into your personal life, gossip about what you are doing to other people.

"

Absolutely hate this! Many people miscontrue what happens and/or intentions behind them.

the usual sayings apply though:

For every finger pointed at someone else, there are 3 pointing back at ya.

Assumptions a the mother of all fuck ups.

Their life must be boring of they are gossiping bout boring me.

Best one, what others think of you is none of your business, it matter only what you think of yourself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll just be over here having fun, enjoying my life and doing my own thing...they're obviously not doing the same if they've got the time and energy to gossip about other people "

Absolutely. But it really points out who you can trust and who you can't

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

How about changing a few aspects in your life? not at all, it is directed to a small group of people on here who seem to think it is acceptable to discuss my activity on here with someone it has nothing to do with

Ah you see it reads as if it’s directed to everybody. "

I think that the issue is that we never know who’s passing gossip on so it needs to be an ‘open letter’ to all, if you’re not at fault then just go about your day #NotAllFabbers

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I'll just be over here having fun, enjoying my life and doing my own thing...they're obviously not doing the same if they've got the time and energy to gossip about other people

Absolutely. But it really points out who you can trust and who you can't "

I take the X Files approach... trust no one

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

How about changing a few aspects in your life?"

Someone complains about others gossiping and it is he who needs to change?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

People will always gossip behind the scenes whatever platform you use. Most o it is easy to ignore but if you think someone is breaking rules by doing that, report the profile please

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Oh, what are you doing to other people? I want to know now

Reply privately