Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fashionista

Jump to newest

By *atricia Parnel OP   Woman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Apparently fashion this year for males and females are elasticated waists and comfort clothes (jogger type materials for eg)

Do you follow the current fashion or make up your own

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No not really, i dress very 'liam Gallagher' have done for years.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Make up my own - Jeans and a top most of the time

over a year ago

Definitely won't be following that trend ! I glance an occasional eye at new fashions but generally keep it smart and simple - good quality and good fit over fashion.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I wear what I like the look of and what I find comfy. Leggings have their moments.

I don’t have a sense of style. I tend to look “cobbled together” rather than elegant or stylish. I can scrub up well on formal occasions.

I’d love Gok Wan to get his hands on me and work his magic

over a year ago

Nah.. I’m a girlie girl.. dresses or skirts for me. I only own one pair of jeans and don’t own any trackie bottoms.. I do have some yoga leggings tho.. make the arse look great! Lol

over a year ago

Always in dresses me...

over a year ago

I wear what I feel good and look great in, so poncho, sombrero, cargo shorts, crocs, I’m with stupid t shirt (arrow pointing at me), white sports socks.

over a year ago

im built, and dress, for comfort. sod trends and all that gubbins. Px

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

"I wear what I like the look of and what I find comfy. Leggings have their moments.

I don’t have a sense of style. I tend to look “cobbled together” rather than elegant or stylish. I can scrub up well on formal occasions.

I’d love Gok Wan to get his hands on me and work his magic "

Cobbled together also reflects the person carrying it and I find it fascinating. Confidence to wear what feels right is sexy

over a year ago

I dress like a 70 Yr old. Jeans and tshirts outside. "Joggers" inside and for work

over a year ago

Never in my life have I been fashionable.

Actually once. In the early 90s I had a pair of baggy jeans

over a year ago

"I wear what I feel good and look great in, so poncho, sombrero, cargo shorts, crocs, I’m with stupid t shirt (arrow pointing at me), white sports socks. "

Òle do you have a moustache

By *inkyfilthymindMan
over a year ago

Berks / Heathrow

I have my suits and shirts that I ironed a year ago sleeping in my wardrobe untouched.

Soon after the first lockdown, I went through a phase of interesting t-shirts and jeans. Now, it’s two packs of black round necks during the work week - not fashionable, but very comfy

over a year ago

"I wear what I feel good and look great in, so poncho, sombrero, cargo shorts, crocs, I’m with stupid t shirt (arrow pointing at me), white sports socks.

Òle do you have a moustache"

Only the Juan

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I tend to be aware of fashion but I don't consciously follow it. I've always had my own sense of style

over a year ago

Bit off both to be honest with you

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

It might just be me getting old, but I've found the so-called fashions of the last five or so years horrendous, and I've struggled to find clothes that I actually like, especially in high street shops.

I know what suits my figure, and as long as it's in any shade of black or red, with no pattern then I'm good...so if the Morticia Adams fashion comes in then I'll be on trend

over a year ago

I have dressed the same way for nigh on 40 years. I don’t own a pair of jeans and have not worn one for at least 30 years. No idea what is even in fashion. I have shopped in the same shops for my suits for 30 years.

You get the idea. I am a dedicated avoider of fashion.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Love fashion but don’t follow trends, mix of vintage and modern pieces has always been my go to! X

over a year ago

"I dress like a 70 Yr old. Jeans and tshirts outside. "Joggers" inside and for work "

It took me a couple of seconds to work out ‘inside’ meant indoors.

I actually pictured you dressed Superman style, with something underneath his outer suit. No really, I’m not joking.

I haven’t had my caffeine fix this morning yet and my brain is still in that hallucinatory state.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"It might just be me getting old, but I've found the so-called fashions of the last five or so years horrendous, and I've struggled to find clothes that I actually like, especially in high street shops.

I know what suits my figure, and as long as it's in any shade of black or red, with no pattern then I'm good...so if the Morticia Adams fashion comes in then I'll be on trend "

Lol this ... take me back to the 50s. Dresses leggings and heels/ dolly shoes here

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Looks like I will be this year

I buy for comfort all the time.

I'm too fat for most fashion clothing anyway.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I have dressed the same way for nigh on 40 years. I don’t own a pair of jeans and have not worn one for at least 30 years. No idea what is even in fashion. I have shopped in the same shops for my suits for 30 years.

You get the idea. I am a dedicated avoider of fashion. "

I only started wearing jeans regularly last year. I got them in the Debenhams closing down sale.

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Nope. I certainly don't buy new clothes every season, I've had some of my clothes longer than I've been with Mr Racer!

Comfort is key

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have dressed the same way for nigh on 40 years. I don’t own a pair of jeans and have not worn one for at least 30 years. No idea what is even in fashion. I have shopped in the same shops for my suits for 30 years.

I only started wearing jeans regularly last year. I got them in the Debenhams closing down sale.

"

Until I got into swing dresses, my awareness of fashion was mostly jeans related, as the "non skinny jeans" section seemed to keep shrinking

over a year ago

"

I don’t understand how they’re comfortable. Trousers are so much softer and more flexible.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

O have never followed fashion myself And go.with whatever pleases me.

I woukd say though that the current fashion of casual clothes is more dictated by the fact we have nothing to dress up for

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Nah.. I’m a girlie girl.. dresses or skirts for me. I only own one pair of jeans and don’t own any trackie bottoms.. I do have some yoga leggings tho.. make the arse look great! Lol "

Yes agree I have a pair of the tick toc leggings and shorts! I wore leggings on cycle ride Sunday my sister was behind she said I can see the crack of your ass in those! I said yes u meant to! Pmsl!! X

over a year ago

Until I got into swing dresses, my awareness of fashion was mostly jeans related, as the "non skinny jeans" section seemed to keep shrinking "

Low cut jeans are awful. As for that fad for the torn ones??? I am speechless. My apologies to those who love them. I personally do not in the slightest.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Until I got into swing dresses, my awareness of fashion was mostly jeans related, as the "non skinny jeans" section seemed to keep shrinking

Low cut jeans are awful. As for that fad for the torn ones??? I am speechless. My apologies to those who love them. I personally do not in the slightest."

Most of my awareness of fashion in clothing comes from, I need an X. I go to buy one, look at the racks and go "oh, really? It's that? Ugh"

over a year ago

I never know what the trends are

Pyjamas are my favourite clothes so it being comfortable is 'in' then I'm on fire

over a year ago

When I'm not going to be seen in public, jeans and t-shirt.

If I'm going out for whatever reason, chino's and shirt.

Going out for a meal, drink or whatever, add Jacket.

For a fab meet, Jacket, Tie or maybe a suit.

It is debateable if any of it is "on trend" but I plough my own furrow.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I really enjoy fashion and keep an eye on trends. I don't follow it slavishly but I like to keep as current as suits my body shape and pocket. The changing shape and cut of clothes and how it reflects what currently going on in the world interests me too.

I haven't seen anyone in a crinoline of ruff for some time now

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

When I'm not on duty as a stormtrooper I like to chill in 'tracky bottoms' and sometimes a tshirt.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I really enjoy fashion and keep an eye on trends. I don't follow it slavishly but I like to keep as current as suits my body shape and pocket. The changing shape and cut of clothes and how it reflects what currently going on in the world interests me too.

I haven't seen anyone in a crinoline of ruff for some time now "

Lol

over a year ago

I generally model myself as a bum not quite the big lebowski more jeans, torn t shirt and flip flops

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"Apparently fashion this year for males and females are elasticated waists and comfort clothes (jogger type materials for eg)

Do you follow the current fashion or make up your own"

Defo my own, which is a wild miss mash of styles & eras, most of my pieces go with at least 3 others & are easy to pull off 'looks/persona's'

it depends what I'm doing/feel like what i wear, can be just as comfortable in hoodies & jeans (most worn) or pretty girly things etc.

Defo gender fluid in my clothing choices & pan otherwise.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

I'm a Tgirl that lives the Alt look so current fashion is so not my thing. X

over a year ago

Interesting answers everyone

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think I know anybody who genuinely doesn't care about what clothes they wear.

over a year ago

"I don't think I know anybody who genuinely doesn't care about what clothes they wear. "

Even some of looked like they rolled out of bed looks are actually put together on purpose, peoples fashion tastes are fascinating

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't think I know anybody who genuinely doesn't care about what clothes they wear. "

I think there's a difference between don't care what they wear and don't care about fashion.

I don't care about fashion - although I concede that I'm subtly influenced by what happens around me. I care about what's available in the shops when I need things, and I care about my own sense of style (including experimenting with that).

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't think I know anybody who genuinely doesn't care about what clothes they wear.

Even some of looked like they rolled out of bed looks are actually put together on purpose, peoples fashion tastes are fascinating "

I agree. Clothes reflect so much of someone's personality, how they're feeling about themselves, what's going on around them.

I saw a young woman yesterday who must have been freezing but looked fabulous in a full skirt and tiny bandeau top. I thought his confident she must feel. Also my gp once told me that part of the reason my chronic pain wasn't being taken seriously by the medical profession was because I present myself we ie was always well groomed. Apparently one thing they look for is a lack of self care...who knew!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't think I know anybody who genuinely doesn't care about what clothes they wear.

I think there's a difference between don't care what they wear and don't care about fashion.

I don't care about fashion - although I concede that I'm subtly influenced by what happens around me. I care about what's available in the shops when I need things, and I care about my own sense of style (including experimenting with that)."

Yeah I'm probably interpreting fashion as "personal" or "tribal". I think nearly everyone conforms to a certain type of fashion.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I never know what the current fashion is and it don’t really bother me.I wear clothes I like the look of .I like wearing retro clothes I like the style of them and in my opinion they never go out of fashion .

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I never know what the current fashion is and it don’t really bother me.I wear clothes I like the look of .I like wearing retro clothes I like the style of them and in my opinion they never go out of fashion ."

It only bothers me if I need a thing and they're all a shape that's unflattering or a colour that'll make me look like cat sick

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I've never been in fashion! I'm currently wearing leggings and a longline t-shirt with sandals...

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Bugger me, I am actually ahead of the fashion curve

over a year ago

I go with what I find comfy and practical most of the time. Day to day it's jeans or leggings and a t-shirt or thin jumper. Jeans have to be high waisted and skinny leg because it's what suits me and what fits without my arse hanging out. If I'm making more of an effort it's a version of a little black dress. Summertime I live in denim shorts and vest tops.

over a year ago

Even some of looked like they rolled out of bed looks are actually put together on purpose, peoples fashion tastes are fascinating

I agree. Clothes reflect so much of someone's personality, how they're feeling about themselves, what's going on around them.

I saw a young woman yesterday who must have been freezing but looked fabulous in a full skirt and tiny bandeau top. I thought his confident she must feel. Also my gp once told me that part of the reason my chronic pain wasn't being taken seriously by the medical profession was because I present myself we ie was always well groomed. Apparently one thing they look for is a lack of self care...who knew!"

Did you try a dragged through a bush backwards look to see what happened

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I look like a refugee if I wear anything with an elasticated waistband

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Apparently fashion this year for males and females are elasticated waists and comfort clothes (jogger type materials for eg)

I think they call it Athleisure or some such

over a year ago

I look like that fat weird old bloke on the estate who has a recycling box full of Strongbow cans when I'm in my joggers. They're so comfy though.

There isnt really any good, well fitting fashion for fat men so I keep it basic with the chinos a tshirts.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

It sounds like the new Working From Home range

over a year ago

Do you follow the current fashion or make up your own

I think they call it Athleisure or some such

"

Ohhhhhhh, they could have come up with a better name. I was watching the bloggers strutting in it on the news this morning

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I saw a young woman yesterday who must have been freezing but looked fabulous in a full skirt and tiny bandeau top. I thought his confident she must feel. Also my gp once told me that part of the reason my chronic pain wasn't being taken seriously by the medical profession was because I present myself we ie was always well groomed. Apparently one thing they look for is a lack of self care...who knew!

Did you try a dragged through a bush backwards look to see what happened "

no luckily she was a very experienced doctor who actually heard what I was saying and didn't dismiss me with "can't you just soldier on" .

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

no luckily she was a very experienced doctor who actually heard what I was saying and didn't dismiss me with "can't you just soldier on" .

"

Oh, I've been told that the pain team can't help me because despite my pain, I work FT, have adapted my life by using a wheelchair and am able to dress myself etc. The fact I nearly lost the plot 2yrs ago is immaterial. It's ridiculous

By *o_eye_deerMan
over a year ago

The South Near That London

Never been a (to quote Ray Davies) dedicated follower of fashion, but I do like clothes

&shoes (a lot!) and have an extensive wardrobe.

I have a style that I feel confident and comfortable wearing and would rather be overdressed for an occasion than underdressed - even had random strangers compliment me while out.

TL;DR : Tart who loves peacocking

By *oneyBear100Couple
over a year ago

Gatwick area

[Removed by poster at 21/04/21 18:23:04]

By *ear in the chairMan
over a year ago

Godstone

"I go with what I find comfy and practical most of the time. Day to day it's jeans or leggings and a t-shirt or thin jumper. Jeans have to be high waisted and skinny leg because it's what suits me and what fits without my arse hanging out. If I'm making more of an effort it's a version of a little black dress. Summertime I live in denim shorts and vest tops.

"

Denim you say... little tiny itsy bitsy denim shorts?

over a year ago

"I go with what I find comfy and practical most of the time. Day to day it's jeans or leggings and a t-shirt or thin jumper. Jeans have to be high waisted and skinny leg because it's what suits me and what fits without my arse hanging out. If I'm making more of an effort it's a version of a little black dress. Summertime I live in denim shorts and vest tops.

Denim you say... little tiny itsy bitsy denim shorts? "

Not for everyday wear but I may own a pair of those too....

over a year ago

I do fusion fashion

A bit of my ideas fuelled by what I see around and what my wardrobe provides. And it's a generous one. Just sometimes can't be arsed to sit and think. So I rely on some trusted combos.

I'm not sure but bee earrings are probably not in fashion. But that's what I wore today. And blush polka dot midi tulle skirt. And black t-shirt. Also dotted And denim jacket. And converse. On trend? Not necessary. But one of the trends which make me happy and perfect for everyday. I don't wear leggings out and about so floaty skirts and dresses are my alternative

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh, I've been told that the pain team can't help me because despite my pain, I work FT, have adapted my life by using a wheelchair and am able to dress myself etc. The fact I nearly lost the plot 2yrs ago is immaterial. It's ridiculous "

It's shocking in fact.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I wear whatever takes my fancy and don't follow trends.

Todays outfit is a knee length tartan skirt, that has a longer section at the back and a long sleeve top.

Post new Message to Thread