Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Olympic Ghost Stadium ....

Jump to newest

By *ranny-Crumpet OP   Woman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

After the Para Olympics ..... it's defunct...

How would you put the Stadium to good use.

Any ideas welcome serious or otherwise.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its going to be used as football stadium.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Its going to be used as football stadium. "

No it isn't

over a year ago

ha ha, try to wriggle now, you said its defunct. not true honest

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"ha ha, try to wriggle now, you said its defunct. not true honest"

Believe me. I won't wriggle.

It's not set in stone that it is being turned over to football. Unless you know sommat that you can share ?

over a year ago

Dig a huge hole where the stadium is, and keep chucking money pointlessly in to it - like we've done for the olympics

over a year ago

OK, if doesnt ill show my arse on Fab

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"OK, if doesnt ill show my arse on Fab"

Spare me the spots and just quote your source.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Dig a huge hole where the stadium is, and keep chucking money pointlessly in to it - like we've done for the olympics "

Good idea.... quicker than you can fill it up i'll be taking it out.

over a year ago

Just wait n say you heard it here 1st.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

such wriggling.....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Dig a huge hole where the stadium is, and keep chucking money pointlessly in to it - like we've done for the olympics "

disagree with your opinion of pointlessly...

over a year ago

I have heard that it will take the place of crystal palace, and crystal palace will be redeveloped. The track and part of the seating is under ground level, and the top part of the stadium can be moved to add extra capacity to venues as required.

However the Olympics have been great, and if it can be the basis to get more sport into schools then it is worth every penny.

over a year ago

Gwanny ,,,,, I'd take the cheap option and turn it into a huge sports arena that could be used to host events like those found in the Olympic games…

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

It's getting a little cramped in my current HQ inside the Angel of the North's head.

I would like it for my new HQ/evil lair.

over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It's getting a little cramped in my current HQ inside the Angel of the North's head.

I would like it for my new HQ/evil lair."

You have to let them go ...... it's cruel

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"It's getting a little cramped in my current HQ inside the Angel of the North's head.

I would like it for my new HQ/evil lair.

You have to let them go ...... it's cruel"

They only way they will leave is in a body bag... or doggy bag.

over a year ago

A stadium for football i say

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"A stadium for football i say"

Nah fans are too far from the pitch, would be awful.

No it's defo my new HQ.

over a year ago

Yep its new legislation draughted in since the Cantona incident.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Yep its new legislation draughted in since the Cantona incident."

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

The stadium has been linked with football, a combination of West Ham United on their own, Tottenham Hotspurs on their own or West Ham & Leyton Orient combined, though no decision has yet been taken.

Having watched how the stadium was designed/built it has been designed to be dismantled back to a seated capacity of 25,000 with the idea of being retained as an Athletics venue.

To be honest I don't really care what they use the stadium and indeed the other permanent venues for so long as they are used. For a long while the Millenium Dome was criticised as a white elephant but in the end it came good as the O2 arena.

over a year ago

Yep a football stadium as i said.

over a year ago

"ha ha, try to wriggle now, you said its defunct. not true honest

Believe me. I won't wriggle.

It's not set in stone that it is being turned over to football. Unless you know sommat that you can share ?"

the stadium was built with the intention of decreasing its size, post olympics, and there are a couple of football clubs vying for its use afterwards.

i also understand that it must also be able to be used for other sports to continue the legacy of the games.

it wont be defunct at all, they said that about the Millenium Dome and look at it now, it hosts many events, some of those in the olympics now.

It will almost certainly become a football stadium once the legal issues are resolved because it is one sport that continues to draw large crowds.

over a year ago

While admiring the lady's boobs sadly I couldn't disagree more! The Olympics have had an amzing effect on anyone who can make the effort to go and see what is going on (either at the various venues or online or wherever).

The Torch relay was just so inspiring with all the background stories and downright plain guts of some of those carrying the torch.

These Olympics have been more about the host city than any other with more venues actually IN London tha other recent Games. OK sailing has to be on the coast ... And the venues themselves just look so great. Its not just about the Olympic Stadium its a whole bunch of other stuff which is priceless. Just proud to be British and showing the world what we can do when given the chance.

But it will become a football stadium that hosts athletics I guess.

over a year ago

"Dig a huge hole where the stadium is, and keep chucking money pointlessly in to it - like we've done for the olympics

While admiring the lady's boobs sadly I couldn't disagree more! The Olympics have had an amzing effect on anyone who can make the effort to go and see what is going on (either at the various venues or online or wherever).

The Torch relay was just so inspiring with all the background stories and downright plain guts of some of those carrying the torch.

These Olympics have been more about the host city than any other with more venues actually IN London tha other recent Games. OK sailing has to be on the coast ... And the venues themselves just look so great. Its not just about the Olympic Stadium its a whole bunch of other stuff which is priceless. Just proud to be British and showing the world what we can do when given the chance.

But it will become a football stadium that hosts athletics I guess."

Decent piece that!! and damn right it going to be a football stadium.

By *dinMan
over a year ago

Nr Biggleswade

Sausage storage just in case of world war 3 believe me you will all thank me...

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

I think it should become the new Fab swingers monthly social venue ,plenty of room, a bit of outdoor fun, in the pool or even on a bike if you like ,

if they chuck in the athletes as part of the deal it could be a lot of fun...

over a year ago

"Its going to be used as football stadium.

No it isn't"

Spurs are still trying to put a bid in for it so it may well go to them if the money is right.

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

"After the Para Olympics ..... it's defunct...

"

it's not defunct, it will host the world athletics championship in 2017. As part of the legacy bid to host the olympics the running track has to be kept by any winning tennant which is more than likely to be West Ham football club.

over a year ago

it's not defunct, it will host the world athletics championship in 2017. As part of the legacy bid to host the olympics the running track has to be kept by any winning tennant which is more than likely to be West Ham football club. "

That's what would put me off from watching. The running tack makes you a long way away from the turf. West ham granted are closer logistically but they wouldn't 1/4 fill it.

over a year ago

think the stadium should be turned into a speedway track.

over a year ago

it's not defunct, it will host the world athletics championship in 2017. As part of the legacy bid to host the olympics the running track has to be kept by any winning tennant which is more than likely to be West Ham football club.

That's what would put me off from watching. The running tack makes you a long way away from the turf. West ham granted are closer logistically but they wouldn't 1/4 fill it."

Bear in mind that the capacity can and more than likely will be reduced, west ham could fill it.

over a year ago

That's what would put me off from watching. The running tack makes you a long way away from the turf. West ham granted are closer logistically but they wouldn't 1/4 fill it.

Bear in mind that the capacity can and more than likely will be reduced, west ham could fill it. "

Realistically for football half of the stadium would need to be knocked down as you are looking at 50'000 at best for west ham. Far better to let Spurs have it as they would pack in 20% more.

over a year ago

"think the stadium should be turned into a speedway track."

Lets not be silly,looking to leave a legacy, not noise n air pollutants. Football stadium i say

over a year ago

"think the stadium should be turned into a speedway track.

Lets not be silly,looking to leave a legacy, not noise n air pollutants. Football stadium i say"

Its a semi closed in stadium and there are restrictions on stadiums where carbon monoxide is present. I can't see them taking the roof off.

over a year ago

No it isn't"

West Ham are the 'preferred bidders' for it which, in normal terms, means it's done deal. Shame though as now I have seen it, it really should be the new National Athletics Stadium - then we might get our moneysworth out of it.

over a year ago

"think the stadium should be turned into a speedway track.

Lets not be silly,looking to leave a legacy, not noise n air pollutants. Football stadium i say

Its a semi closed in stadium and there are restrictions on stadiums where carbon monoxide is present. I can't see them taking the roof off. "

Thanks, another person thinking straight, typical petrol head thinking outside box must be the fumes.

over a year ago

If it's going to be a ghost stadium - you'll have to get Mystery Inc involved ...

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!!

over a year ago

That's what would put me off from watching. The running tack makes you a long way away from the turf. West ham granted are closer logistically but they wouldn't 1/4 fill it."

the stadium can be made so that the track is covered in seating when football matches are played. There are many such stadia around the world.

over a year ago

No it isn't

West Ham are the 'preferred bidders' for it which, in normal terms, means it's done deal. Shame though as now I have seen it, it really should be the new National Athletics Stadium - then we might get our moneysworth out of it.

"

the Alex in Birmimgham is our national stadium now and can seat upto 25000 with temproraty seating for large events.

over a year ago

Use the stadium for gladiators! and use the politicians who would risk their lives by appearing in the arena,if they lose then the crowd gives a thumbs up or thumbs down if they live or die!

over a year ago

there have been 4 bids. west ham being one of them. Orient have also made a bid

over a year ago

"I think it should become the new Fab swingers monthly social venue ,plenty of room, a bit of outdoor fun, in the pool or even on a bike if you like ,

if they chuck in the athletes as part of the deal it could be a lot of fun...

"

Specially the two girl rowers who won the first gold - fantastic arses!!!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The Hon. J. Hunt, hinted a week before the opening ceremony that they were close to finalising who the statium will go to. The plan has always been to reduce the size. The Spurs proposal, I understand, meant totally dismantling it and putting in a new stadium to meet their particular specification. The legacy commitment was to keep an athletics track. That combined with the legal challenge has been holding up the decision.

I have said elsewhere and others have said here, the Dome was supposed to be temporary and considered a white elephant. It is now very much part of the London landscape and a go to destination.

Post new Message to Thread