By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

2 down 10 to go

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

The fall out is looking to be unreal with all the presidents/chairmen under immense pressure.

Juve and ManUre already gone. Who follows?!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"The fall out is looking to be unreal with all the presidents/chairmen under immense pressure.

Juve and ManUre already gone. Who follows?!"

10p on Chelsea

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

AFTV (not the greatest source) saying Arsenal next as well.

Let’s hope so.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"The fall out is looking to be unreal with all the presidents/chairmen under immense pressure.

Juve and ManUre already gone. Who follows?!

10p on Chelsea "

I’ll have that City

By *utecontradictionMan
over a year ago

Malvern

Thank god for that. Though I never thought it was serious....I still feel it is a bargaining gambit to try and take more control of the champions league. Some of these clubs say the cant survive with their current income levels. Here is a suggestion for them....if your turnover is 500million a year dont spend 501million. Stop paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages.i have a business and have to balance the outgoings against the income.

over a year ago

On a mooch

They will all hopefully follow and then clear the boards of those individuals who voted for it

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Greed.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Now all we need is the European club competitions to go back to a full knockout format. Apart from the odd one or two, it's the same teams year in year out.

For the neutral, most of the current group stage matches are not worth watching.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Uefa and Fifa are as corrupt as they come. They've had a duopoly on our game and the running of it. The irony of all this should not be lost on all the fans. Personally its just one set of greedy bastards shafting another set of greedy bastards, with the true fans at the shit stick end of it all.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

See how easy it was to stop this happening, A huge fan backlash, Ex players etc, Now if we all do the same about tickets prices Sky/BT prices stupid kick off times.

As for the other 14 clubs well done for standing your ground, Sky let there presents run on this for the last 48 hours why ? Because they wasn't involved

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A super league shouldbe Prague Amsterdam Kiev coz it's fuckingbrilliantfor a perverted twat like me

By *wosmilersCouple
over a year ago

Heathrowish

It has served it's purpose.

The big clubs now have given the establishment, the warning that if they do not get a larger cut, this nonsense will be hanging over them like some sort of Sword of Damocles.

The idea will be resurrected in 3 years time when the next set of contracts are negotiated by UEFA and FIFA.

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

Fan power look at what we people can do when they walk together, Liverpool now must be the next to admit they fucked up and make a statement ASAP withdrawing their dealings with this ESL bullshit

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

"2 down 10 to go "

Hopefully your team and mine will follow suit ASAP ps great pictures (obviously) but nice art work too x

over a year ago

Juve and ManUre already gone. Who follows?!"

Why be offensive using the term Manure?

over a year ago

"Well....... that lasted long.... "

It was never designed to last at all. The broadside from European so called elite is sinister in its intent and will serve a purpose to take a bigger share of the pot.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Ed Woodward has resigned! I guess some good has come from this backlash

over a year ago

"Ed Woodward has resigned! I guess some good has come from this backlash "

Old news he was going anyway.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Ed Woodward has resigned! I guess some good has come from this backlash

Old news he was going anyway."

New news, he's gone now

over a year ago

"Ed Woodward has resigned! I guess some good has come from this backlash

Old news he was going anyway.

New news, he's gone now "

He goes at the end of the year. The announcement was brought forward so the Glasiers can blame the fall out on him!

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Like some have already said on this thread the clubs were using it as a bargaining tool to get more of the television money. I noticed that the 12 clubs were from 3 countries that have a 20 team league and I am wondering in order to accommodate a expanded Champions League will they now try to go down to 18 team leagues and in England perhaps scrap the League cup.

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Now lets see these pundits and supporters groups take on UEFA, EPL and Sky for their greed or does that not matter?

By *ackdd72Man
over a year ago

the valleys

While I'm against it I think it will eventually happen but under UEFA and fifa guidelines the likely scenario for the current one is that some total banker from JP Morgan has watched their kids playing fifa21 on the ps5 and seen them setting up a league checked his wallet then asked his kids if they wanted that league for Christmas but for an example you only have to look at cricket 40 odd years ago they told Kerry Packer his vision of a fast paced colourful version of the game involving the world's best players was a pipe dream at best and just look what we have today with the IPL being the crown jewel in world domestic cricket lots of money invested from outside business interests but no actual control of the game other than ICC so I wouldn't say goodbye completely to a European league just see you sometime soon

over a year ago

newcastle

The champions league changes in 2024 with every club guaranteed 10 games. Anyone complaining about that yet or are they happy being in that cartel?

over a year ago

yes woodwards gone

over a year ago

"yes woodwards gone"

At the end of 2021

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"While I'm against it I think it will eventually happen but under UEFA and fifa guidelines the likely scenario for the current one is that some total banker from JP Morgan has watched their kids playing fifa21 on the ps5 and seen them setting up a league checked his wallet then asked his kids if they wanted that league for Christmas but for an example you only have to look at cricket 40 odd years ago they told Kerry Packer his vision of a fast paced colourful version of the game involving the world's best players was a pipe dream at best and just look what we have today with the IPL being the crown jewel in world domestic cricket lots of money invested from outside business interests but no actual control of the game other than ICC so I wouldn't say goodbye completely to a European league just see you sometime soon"
. Yes the T20 and One day cricket we see now was pretty much born by what Kerry Packer did all those years ago. Do you think under UEFA / FIFA guidelines we could see say a football tournament / league of say 8 a side with 30 minutes a half.Or even the power leagues we have now for 5 a side or 6 a side been a lucrative way to take football in a different direction

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

I can see Real Madrid being declared bankrupt by the start of next season

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

I dont like football anyway

of coarse they can go to super league

its what they want theyve been dirty about it

so even for even

my sanction would be your banned from

UEFA and fifa games

over a year ago

On a mooch

"2 down 10 to go

Hopefully your team and mine will follow suit ASAP ps great pictures (obviously) but nice art work too x"

Knowing Levy he’ll stay as long as possible maybe to the end to say one, I’m last man standing where is my trophy and two, doing a deal to see how much of that 3.5 billion he gets for being in it for 5/6 days

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"The champions league changes in 2024 with every club guaranteed 10 games. Anyone complaining about that yet or are they happy being in that cartel?"

Happy to be part of that "cartel" if we have earned it as opposed to being paid to play in a league built on greed and arrogance

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's inevitable.. not far away...a season or two

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The champions league changes in 2024 with every club guaranteed 10 games. Anyone complaining about that yet or are they happy being in that cartel?"

Everyone guaranteed ten games.. fair competition ..

Highwaymen under a different guise

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

What you really have is a dozen clubs flexing muscles to get more cash out of the cow..

By *ackdd72Man
over a year ago

the valleys

"While I'm against it I think it will eventually happen but under UEFA and fifa guidelines the likely scenario for the current one is that some total banker from JP Morgan has watched their kids playing fifa21 on the ps5 and seen them setting up a league checked his wallet then asked his kids if they wanted that league for Christmas but for an example you only have to look at cricket 40 odd years ago they told Kerry Packer his vision of a fast paced colourful version of the game involving the world's best players was a pipe dream at best and just look what we have today with the IPL being the crown jewel in world domestic cricket lots of money invested from outside business interests but no actual control of the game other than ICC so I wouldn't say goodbye completely to a European league just see you sometime soon. Yes the T20 and One day cricket we see now was pretty much born by what Kerry Packer did all those years ago. Do you think under UEFA / FIFA guidelines we could see say a football tournament / league of say 8 a side with 30 minutes a half.Or even the power leagues we have now for 5 a side or 6 a side been a lucrative way to take football in a different direction "

I'm not sure what format could or would work for football maybe going back to its roots and letting players tackle each other like they used to in the good old days maybe it's a chance to introduce a wage cap to stop teams dominating leagues with wealth or at the very least invest in some acting coaches for certain players and to quote my brother

"Tottenham! Tottenham in a super league that's like bananaman being called up for the avengers!"

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"While I'm against it I think it will eventually happen but under UEFA and fifa guidelines the likely scenario for the current one is that some total banker from JP Morgan has watched their kids playing fifa21 on the ps5 and seen them setting up a league checked his wallet then asked his kids if they wanted that league for Christmas but for an example you only have to look at cricket 40 odd years ago they told Kerry Packer his vision of a fast paced colourful version of the game involving the world's best players was a pipe dream at best and just look what we have today with the IPL being the crown jewel in world domestic cricket lots of money invested from outside business interests but no actual control of the game other than ICC so I wouldn't say goodbye completely to a European league just see you sometime soon. Yes the T20 and One day cricket we see now was pretty much born by what Kerry Packer did all those years ago. Do you think under UEFA / FIFA guidelines we could see say a football tournament / league of say 8 a side with 30 minutes a half.Or even the power leagues we have now for 5 a side or 6 a side been a lucrative way to take football in a different direction

I'm not sure what format could or would work for football maybe going back to its roots and letting players tackle each other like they used to in the good old days maybe it's a chance to introduce a wage cap to stop teams dominating leagues with wealth or at the very least invest in some acting coaches for certain players and to quote my brother

"Tottenham! Tottenham in a super league that's like bananaman being called up for the avengers!""

Surely those buggers were not invited.. more chance of Southend winning than those imposters

over a year ago

newcastle

"The champions league changes in 2024 with every club guaranteed 10 games. Anyone complaining about that yet or are they happy being in that cartel?

Happy to be part of that "cartel" if we have earned it as opposed to being paid to play in a league built on greed and arrogance "

earned it by coming 4th in Italy or England but 4 times winners Ajax play 3 qualifiers to be allowed in because they dont play in a country with a big enough TV revenue?

over a year ago

The concept of a European football super league is based on the American sporting franchise model such as NFL, NBA and Baseball. Even the fledgling MLS has the same traits as the European super league.

For the investors the model of a group of invited participants playing each other a guaranteed number of times brings certainty which in turn attracts fans, sponsors and advertisers.

It’s an American model that pays big money to the participants but devoid of the healthy competition that is currently the theme in European footy. It works well for a nation that by and large has the concentration span of a fruit fly?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The concept of a European football super league is based on the American sporting franchise model such as NFL, NBA and Baseball. Even the fledgling MLS has the same traits as the European super league.

For the investors the model of a group of invited participants playing each other a guaranteed number of times brings certainty which in turn attracts fans, sponsors and advertisers.

It’s an American model that pays big money to the participants but devoid of the healthy competition that is currently the theme in European footy. It works well for a nation that by and large has the concentration span of a fruit fly? "

I think it would work well here...moron football fans paying even more to follow these ballerina cowboys

over a year ago

On a mooch

Spurs are out

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Spurs are out "

Spurs were never in..

If you put the whole Spurs team in a swimming pool of tits they would come up sucking their thumbs..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Spurs are out "

BBC saying all six out, statement to confirm later...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The last decent Spurs player was that Australian guy and that was years ago..

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Spurs are out

BBC saying all six out, statement to confirm later... "

Good to hear

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Spurs are out

BBC saying all six out, statement to confirm later... "

Perhaps the next six... Leicester maybe

over a year ago

"The last decent Spurs player was that Australian guy and that was years ago.. "

Crocodile Dundee?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Spurs are out

Good to hear "

Think after Klopp yesterday and Pep today plus the players coming out it was doomed..

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The last decent Spurs player was that Australian guy and that was years ago..

Crocodile Dundee?"

No.. Ossie Ardilles...

I think he was from Brisbane

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Spurs are out

Good to hear

Think after Klopp yesterday and Pep today plus the players coming out it was doomed..

"

I’m glad it is

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Spurs are out

Good to hear

"

Klopp will be sacked in the morning..he should have taken the German job

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Kane and Son will be out soon and they will be mid table at best...

over a year ago

"The last decent Spurs player was that Australian guy and that was years ago..

Crocodile Dundee?

No.. Ossie Ardilles...

I think he was from Brisbane "

Brisbane in Argentina?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Spurs are out

Good to hear

I’m glad it is"

Ditto..

Changing your name back?

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Spurs are out

Good to hear

I’m glad it is

Ditto..

Changing your name back? "

It’s in the pipeline

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Spurs are out

Good to hear

I’m glad it is

Ditto..

Changing your name back?

It’s in the pipeline "

over a year ago

"Kane and Son will be out soon and they will be mid table at best..."

Kane and Son is a firm of undertakers based on the old Kent road?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Kane and Son will be out soon and they will be mid table at best...

Kane and Son is a firm of undertakers based on the old Kent road?"

Well they are both on the way out

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

"Kane and Son will be out soon and they will be mid table at best...

Kane and Son is a firm of undertakers based on the old Kent road?

Well they are both on the way out"

Kane has three years left on his contract and Levy won't sell him

By *pertureTV/TS
over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile.

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

That's all the idiots have been talking about all week, now they'll talk about the fact that they've got nothing to talk about.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Now its time for sanctions against these clubs.

Their Chairmen have been secretly negotiating this deal for months, with the sole purpose of stiching everyone else up.

Pathetic club statements saying "we didn't want to get left behind" just don't cut it. Its greedy deceit and nothing else.

And if clubs want to reduce their huge debts, stop paying bang average players, like Ozil and Bale, millions NOT to be playing!

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Now its time for sanctions against these clubs.

Their Chairmen have been secretly negotiating this deal for months, with the sole purpose of stiching everyone else up.

Pathetic club statements saying "we didn't want to get left behind" just don't cut it. Its greedy deceit and nothing else.

And if clubs want to reduce their huge debts, stop paying bang average players, like Ozil and Bale, millions NOT to be playing! "

several reports that this has been five years in planning and they were just waiting the opertune moment to announce it think the teams involved are actualy in a much weaker position as they have been seen to crumble under pressure from fans players and media

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile."

Post of the week..

over a year ago

newcastle

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile."
Why do you think the government was so quick to jump in on this? As soon as they saw the fans were against it they knew it could be a vote winner among the permanently thick, good old Boris stopped the greed and coruption. If those cunts had of thought of a way to get money for themselves out of it they would have backed it to the hilt.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile.Why do you think the government was so quick to jump in on this? As soon as they saw the fans were against it they knew it could be a vote winner among the permanently thick, good old Boris stopped the greed and coruption. If those cunts had of thought of a way to get money for themselves out of it they would have backed it to the hilt. "

Post of the week. I was thinking this as the politicians were saying it

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So now..we appear to have state controlled football..

No wonder we never win since 66

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile.Why do you think the government was so quick to jump in on this? As soon as they saw the fans were against it they knew it could be a vote winner among the permanently thick, good old Boris stopped the greed and coruption. If those cunts had of thought of a way to get money for themselves out of it they would have backed it to the hilt. "
They must think us voters are stupid and can’t see through the bullshit..

over a year ago

newcastle

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile.Why do you think the government was so quick to jump in on this? As soon as they saw the fans were against it they knew it could be a vote winner among the permanently thick, good old Boris stopped the greed and coruption. If those cunts had of thought of a way to get money for themselves out of it they would have backed it to the hilt. They must think us voters are stupid and can’t see through the bullshit.."

They do. Why else would they be robbing the country right in front of our faces knowing nothing will be done. They literally take us for lower class pieces of shit and who can blame them when they keep getting voted in.

over a year ago

I love this post. Maybe we can use what has happened to the ESL as an example of the collective power we have to shake the world and change what really needs to be changed.

We won’t be fully free until everyone feels free.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It will be back...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

People more interested in football leagues and loyalties than the Keith Floyd trial

over a year ago

"People more interested in football leagues and loyalties than the Keith Floyd trial

"

Are you referring to the George Floyd trial?

over a year ago

"People more interested in football leagues and loyalties than the Keith Floyd trial

"

Keith Floyd was a celebrity cook...............

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Imagine a world where people were as upset about coruption in government, war, homelesness, starving children as they are about 22 milionaires running round a field kicking a ball, now that would be worthwhile.

I love this post. Maybe we can use what has happened to the ESL as an example of the collective power we have to shake the world and change what really needs to be changed.

We won’t be fully free until

everyone feels free. "

We will never be free

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Are you referring to the George Floyd trial?"

Haha, the Keith Floyd trial.

Was he found d*unk in charge of a fish.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

A fish?

over a year ago

"A fish?"

You didn’t get the unfortunate guys name correct.

I do wonder sometimes?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Keith Floyd was a celebrity cook..............."

No.. he was killed by the police

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"A fish?"

Keith Floyd was a celebrity chef who specialised in fish.

He consumed large quantities of red wine whilst presenting the show and was usually half pissed.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"A fish?

He consumed large quantities of red wine whilst presenting the show and was usually half pissed.

"

Really ?

over a year ago

Keith Floyd was a celebrity cook...............

No.. he was killed by the police"

I think you will find it was George Floyd who was the subject of a brutal racist attack leading to his death.

over a year ago

"A fish?

Really ?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56829219

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So who is Keith Floyd,?

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"A fish?

Really ?"

Are you being obtuse Tom

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"A fish?

Really ?

Are you being obtuse Tom "

Obtuse...? That's to with angles ?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Maybe start with the three Spanish and one or two others.

.it will grow from there.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

An obtuse angle is an angle over 90 degrees according to the net

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"

Stick to trying to solve the life threatening case of the escaped ostriches /rheas

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Stick to trying to solve the life threatening case of the escaped ostriches /rheas"

A thread for everyone

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

"The concept of a European football super league is based on the American sporting franchise model such as NFL, NBA and Baseball. Even the fledgling MLS has the same traits as the European super league.

It’s an American model that pays big money to the participants but devoid of the healthy competition that is currently the theme in European footy. It works well for a nation that by and large has the concentration span of a fruit fly? "

This I think was not being done for the European market. It was being aimed at the Asian market. There being a big viewing potential for games. The clubs are the most well known etc outside of their national countries . So a big money earner, while no earnings at present from matches in UK etc. Would not get money for pay per view . But get viewing deals with Asian broadcasters.

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

It was definitely done for Asian fans. Especially since the statement of them launching it went live late in Europe but just in time for Asia.

Also telling that it wasn't called The European Super League so that it could expand with other teams around the world

By *lder A Wiser PassionWoman
over a year ago

morecambe

All i can say is these chair perosns have no idea of what football is about and to add to them all they want is our money and dont give a fuck about the game

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

It’s an American model that pays big money to the participants but devoid of the healthy competition that is currently the theme in European footy. It works well for a nation that by and large has the concentration span of a fruit fly?

This I think was not being done for the European market. It was being aimed at the Asian market. There being a big viewing potential for games. The clubs are the most well known etc outside of their national countries . So a big money earner, while no earnings at present from matches in UK etc. Would not get money for pay per view . But get viewing deals with Asian broadcasters. "

it was all about streaming matches to the far east at the inconveniance to the "legacy fans" whom by and large are now an irrealvance other than to provide atmosphere .they didnt 3xpect the "legacy fans " to object like they did

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Stick to trying to solve the life threatening case of the escaped ostriches /rheas

A thread for everyone "

Absolutely Sir,,,,, but we all have our niche of expertise

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think it's back folks...

The zombie has risen..

Post new Message to Thread