Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Electric scooters

Jump to newest

By *crumdiddlyumptious OP   Man
over a year ago

voi scooters, E scooters do you have them in your city ?

Good or bad ?

Very cheap to run and I can see why some people will use them to get from A - B but I can't understand how they get away with the parking of them,

Scooters parked on pavements sometimes 2-3 next to each other, I'm waiting for the day to find one right outside my front door

People riding on the pavements and groups of kids riding in between traffic etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have them on trial at the seafront in Great Yarmouth. Seem ok. 6 quid for a hour. But can see more accidents when it gets super busy in the summer.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

They are all left over the city here, I haven't used but assume there’s an app to find the nearest one and it is cheaper than an Uber for a short ride ?

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

They're becoming a real menace here. Lunatics speeding along on the pavements silently without a thought for pedestrians. It's just as bad on the roads as they weave in an out of traffic on the main roads without any concept of road safety or the highway code.

They're a great idea in controlled spaces but something needs to be done to regulate their use.

over a year ago

Watch the south park episode about them.

Loads of the bloody things in liverpool.

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I like the scooters, but wish we were legally allowed to own our own and ride them on public property (currently it's illegal, and only the ride share schemes have immunity).

The problem is our laws and infrastructure are not built for them.

The roads are too busy for them (as a cyclist I feel the same for bikes, especially for younger riders), and they aren't driven safely on paths (same work bikes).

I kind of think they (and bikes - with the exception of kids bikes if riding with parents) should all be registered and have number plates, so there can be repurcusions to riding dangerously.

This way they could be allowed on pavements and cycle paths but with a max speed on each.

Obviously there will be some issues with this idea as I've not thought it through thoroughly, but 'something' needs to be done.

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I agree they are annoying but every scooter journey is hopefully taking a car off the road and making the air a bit cleaner, etc.

We need an alternative to cars but every time one gets invented, people resist and it gets banned!

over a year ago

dangerous because you cant hear them.

also around here they are the vehicle of choice for drug mules as they can zip through estates and alleyways losing the police.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 23/04/21 14:31:38]

over a year ago

North West

I thought this would be about mobility scooters! I'll just manual-wheelchair out of the thread

By *awk90Man
over a year ago

Amsterdam

I think they're a good concept, but they need to be regulated!

Not rode on pavements maybe... And more regulated parking. People leave them all across walking paths here now, which is terrible

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I think they are brilliant. Had such good fun on them last summer bombing round MK. Found some strange places.

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

They should all be banned. Whoever, thought they are a good idea is a total numbnut

over a year ago

I think they're great i know a bloke who is hard of walking, he uses it to go down the trails for which he hasn't been down for years. We all know mobility scooters don't fit through those idiot triangular shaped gates.. so i for one think they're great, a sense of freedom as odd ball said from kellys heroes "always with the negative waves moriarty, always with the negative waves"

over a year ago

North West

"I think they're great i know a bloke who is hard of walking, he uses it to go down the trails for which he hasn't been down for years. We all know mobility scooters don't fit through those idiot triangular shaped gates.. so i for one think they're great, a sense of freedom as odd ball said from kellys heroes "always with the negative waves moriarty, always with the negative waves""

I wish I could stand up on one and not fall over. Unfortunately my wonky leg wouldn't allow me to, so yes, much of the world is inaccessible

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"I think they're great i know a bloke who is hard of walking, he uses it to go down the trails for which he hasn't been down for years. We all know mobility scooters don't fit through those idiot triangular shaped gates.. so i for one think they're great, a sense of freedom as odd ball said from kellys heroes "always with the negative waves moriarty, always with the negative waves"

I wish I could stand up on one and not fall over. Unfortunately my wonky leg wouldn't allow me to, so yes, much of the world is inaccessible "

An escooter is good but a horse is better.

over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 23/04/21 15:27:04]

over a year ago

North West

"I think they're great i know a bloke who is hard of walking, he uses it to go down the trails for which he hasn't been down for years. We all know mobility scooters don't fit through those idiot triangular shaped gates.. so i for one think they're great, a sense of freedom as odd ball said from kellys heroes "always with the negative waves moriarty, always with the negative waves"

I wish I could stand up on one and not fall over. Unfortunately my wonky leg wouldn't allow me to, so yes, much of the world is inaccessible

An escooter is good but a horse is better. "

Agreed

over a year ago

I wish I could stand up on one and not fall over. Unfortunately my wonky leg wouldn't allow me to, so yes, much of the world is inaccessible "

Some I've seen some that do have seats, if this is more accessible?

over a year ago

North West

Some I've seen some that do have seats, if this is more accessible? "

Possibly, if it's a proper seat and not a little strip. My bad leg goes numb very quickly with any pressure on the back of it, including being seated on the sofa

Post new Message to Thread