Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your 5 minutes of fame !!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Today i have appeared in a popular magazine for an article that i wrote!!

And my question is : Have any of you Fabber's ever appeared in the papers etc or on TV or Radio ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yep on the news in 1982, down south atlantic way

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Article ? or letter?

Magazines and T.V. but never the limelight.

over a year ago

Was in a few Television shows in my youth.

over a year ago

I was 13 and swam 100 lengths for cancer research and got my photo in the local papers

A few years ago because of an airport boo boo my 14 yr old niece got lost and stranded in Switzerland coming to meet me in France. It made the national papers.

over a year ago

"Article ? or letter?

Magazines and T.V. but never the limelight. "

Article

over a year ago

For those of you the remember The Wonder Stuff, I'm in one of their videos.

Some of my work occasionally makes the news.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I was on TV last year with my belly dancing troop

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I was 13 and swam 100 lengths for cancer research and got my photo in the local papers

A few years ago because of an airport boo boo my 14 yr old niece got lost and stranded in Switzerland coming to meet me in France. It made the national papers."

100 x 6 inches is only 15 metres ppffft

over a year ago

Been in the papers and on t.v a few times most recent was in a documentary few years ago for Frontline Scotland on Born Again Bikers.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Article ? or letter?

Article

"

I want to read it.

P.M me the mag name please.

over a year ago

yup had a article in the guardian back in 2010, had a bbc news interview live on air and then it was followed up with a radio 5 live with victoria someone or other

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Was in a few Television shows in my youth."

Police 5 doesn't count.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"yup had a article in the guardian back in 2010, had a bbc news interview live on air and then it was followed up with a radio 5 live with victoria someone or other "

You wrote an article for The Guardian ?

over a year ago

"I was 13 and swam 100 lengths for cancer research and got my photo in the local papers

A few years ago because of an airport boo boo my 14 yr old niece got lost and stranded in Switzerland coming to meet me in France. It made the national papers.

100 x 6 inches is only 15 metres ppffft"

Did you have to work that out on your calculater??

Was actually 100 x 100 m

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I was once on local news with a dog fashion I organised at work. It helped re-home all 4 dogs it featured. It has now turned into an annual event for the store.

over a year ago

"Was in a few Television shows in my youth.

Police 5 doesn't count."

ROFPMSL !!!!!!

over a year ago

I was on Saturday Superstore when I was a kid. I met Simon Le Bon and Ben from Curiosity Killed the Cat.

I also won a national easter colouring-in competition run by the Lite-bite chain of cafes when I was a kid as well.

Thinking about it, its all been downhill from when I was a kid!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"yup had a article in the guardian back in 2010, had a bbc news interview live on air and then it was followed up with a radio 5 live with victoria someone or other "

Darbyshire

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Was actually 100 x 100 m "

Sorry thought you meant mens lengths

over a year ago

"yup had a article in the guardian back in 2010, had a bbc news interview live on air and then it was followed up with a radio 5 live with victoria someone or other

You wrote an article for The Guardian ?

"

No it was an article where i was interviewed and it was based on my story. Had photographers round to my flat too

Im having a blonde moment,, it wasnt even the Guardian,, was the Sunday Telegraph.

over a year ago

"I was on Saturday Superstore when I was a kid. I met Simon Le Bon and Ben from Curiosity Killed the Cat.

I also won a national easter colouring-in competition run by the Lite-bite chain of cafes when I was a kid as well.

Thinking about it, its all been downhill from when I was a kid! "

Peaked too early obviously....

over a year ago

i play football in the welsh premier league and im on tv reguarly

over a year ago

Was actually 100 x 100 m

Sorry thought you meant mens lengths"

Not at all

over a year ago

Can't let Perky get all the glory here! In 1989 when my ex and I moved into our first house, we were asked if Homes and Gardens (no less!!) could send a designer round to design the garden as it was bare earth at the time. It was a guy (David someone??) off one of the big gardening TV shows at the time, and he designed a garden for a 'young couple on a budget'.... (yeah right! Would have bankrupted us!!)

Anyway, they sent their photographer round and I was featured in various manly poses 'doing things' from ground breaking to rotorvating showing us starting the garden... Little did we tell them that we ditched his design (which was crap!) and went with what we wanted......

Was also featured on TV in the South East and other media quite intensely for something else just over five years ago, but would prefer not to go into details on here (and no I didn't do time for it! Made sure someone did do time - and still is - for what he did, nasty little bastard...)

over a year ago

Was in our local news for being part of a crew that sailed Sir Alex Rose's boat the lively lady round the world again for a local youth project very proud x

over a year ago

"I was on Saturday Superstore when I was a kid. I met Simon Le Bon and Ben from Curiosity Killed the Cat.

Thinking about it, its all been downhill from when I was a kid!

Peaked too early obviously.... "

Not for the first time!

Congrats on becoming a published author by the way!

over a year ago

"Article ? or letter?

Article

I want to read it.

P.M me the mag name please."

Pork has told me it's a quote, not an article But it's a good 2 or 3 paragraphs long. It's in one of the big circulation weekly ladies mags out today..... and that's all the clues I'm giving.... Lol!

xxx

over a year ago

I was on run the risk a kids show hosted by shame ritchie . Was also on the local news for being one of a group of kids selected to learn and train with a pro football team.

I also featured in a news program about youngsters and hockey - I was training with the Gb keeper Simon mason at the time.

over a year ago

"Article ? or letter?

Article

I want to read it.

P.M me the mag name please.

Pork has told me it's a quote, not an article But it's a good 2 or 3 paragraphs long. It's in one of the big circulation weekly ladies mags out today..... and that's all the clues I'm giving.... Lol!

xxx "

Is it a top tip of the week. Like if you have run out of cling film, use a damp clean tea towel cover and place in the fridge.

over a year ago

Yip i got Married at a music festival in Inverness called Rockness back in 08 i was in the sun the record the mail and all the local papers up here and STV had full access to my wedding so we were on the STV news twice , its still all over the internet, it was a big deal as we were the first couple to get hitched at a music festival legally, it was most good , it was a blow up church next to the main stage ...mental , been a festie chick since i was a tot so it was amazing !!!

over a year ago

"I was on run the risk a kids show hosted by shame ritchie . Was also on the local news for being one of a group of kids selected to learn and train with a pro football team.

I also featured in a news program about youngsters and hockey - I was training with the Gb keeper Simon mason at the time. "

"Shame" Ritchie - PMSL!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"I was on run the risk a kids show hosted by shame ritchie . Was also on the local news for being one of a group of kids selected to learn and train with a pro football team.

I also featured in a news program about youngsters and hockey - I was training with the Gb keeper Simon mason at the time.

"Shame" Ritchie - PMSL!!!!!!!

"

Damm phone!

over a year ago

got a front page headlines in our local paper for shoplifting

over a year ago

"got a front page headlines in our local paper for shoplifting "

over a year ago

Used to marshall at knockhill racing circuit,motors tv(sky channel 413 lol)was televising it,mini goes off and overturns and I'm first on the scene in my sexy orange fireproof overalls,quoted on tv as a ver fast reacting marshall lol

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Had a few editorials in local newspapers as a Slimming World Consultant for both myself and members, got my picture (extremely well photoshopped!) in the Daily Express earlier this year regarding some good customer service I received from Halfords a while back, been quoted a few times on local radio......oh and all the times I've been on Crimewatch too, but usually can't make out it's me cos of the balaclava

over a year ago

a got a mention on blue peter once...i smashed up there garden,

over a year ago

I was in The Jam's "Funeral Pyre" video, and on TOTP twice as a backing session musician - once with Modern Romance and once with Chesney Hawkes. I also played a keyboard part on the UK release of a Crowded House single.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"a got a mention on blue peter once...i smashed up there garden,"

over a year ago

was on Homes under the Hammer on BBC1 only last year.

i buy and sell properties.

also been on midlands today news twice

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I also featured in a news program about youngsters and hockey - I was training with the Gb keeper Simon mason at the time. "

I've met Simon Mason loads this week. He's been very vocal with his support of both our GB hockey teams. ie shouting very loudly 'oi ref are you bloody blind' in my ear!!!!

over a year ago

Because of my profession, was the expert witness in the first of it's kind trial when a new law was brought out. Wasn't asked anything particularly out of the ordinary in court but was absolutely horrified by the level of ignorance of the subject and of the law, by the legal profession that day. That made the papers in Scotland but they added 2 years to my age. I was not pleased lolol

By *XimagesCouple
over a year ago

north liverpool

Had some of my photos of a fetish model published in Bizarre magazine

over a year ago

"a got a mention on blue peter once...i smashed up there garden,"

Belter

over a year ago

I'm bloody nervous that one day I will become famous (no idea what from....) and my swinging fun will come into the public domain. Not sure how my conservative parents would feel about that one!!

So no telling please!! hahaha

over a year ago

"I was in The Jam's "Funeral Pyre" video, and on TOTP twice as a backing session musician - once with Modern Romance and once with Chesney Hawkes. I also played a keyboard part on the UK release of a Crowded House single."

Which Crowded House single???? Bg Neil Finn fan here....

over a year ago

"Had some of my photos of a fetish model published in Bizarre magazine"

Now that is pretty damn awesome BIG fan

By *XimagesCouple
over a year ago

north liverpool

"Had some of my photos of a fetish model published in Bizarre magazine

Now that is pretty damn awesome BIG fan "

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

[Removed by poster at 09/08/12 16:21:06]

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

I was interviewed on Americas 60 minutes i think it was called and appeared on Yorkshire TV's documentary about The Hillsborough Football Disaster, as a kid I used to go on Radio Merseyside on a Sunday Morning show.

Oh and I was an extra in Chariots of Fire, you may have heard the theme music occasionally...

Post new Message to Thread