Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bit of tech advice

Jump to newest

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

over the hill / chatsworth

Hi

I want to build a website, but not sure how to go about it. Could anybody steer me in the right direction, what to look for, what to include on the page, how to get it started. I would like to try and do it myself,thought if not, is there a good service out there that can do that for me please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you need to find a reputable host first to broadcast from, then take it from there, avoid really busy pages and not too much animation, it can be quite distracting from the main content.

best of luck

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There are so many easy free sites out there ...... I'll send you the name of one....

over a year ago

I've just done this. It's tricky if you don't know what you're doing but I'm sure lots will help you out.

I still can't figure out a lot of it tbh, need to keep asking willing helpers

Good luck, if there's anything I can advise with, let me know xx

By *asterRopeKnotMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

Go Daddy, is by all accounts newbie friendly with good tech support etc etc

Bear in mind the costs of your URL will go up over time, but you can usually grab a good deal if you're willing to commit a couple of years to it etc

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

What's the website for? As in I don't expect you to give specificw that could identify you but is it just for information, on online shop, a portfolio, etc?

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

If you have some basic knowledge download a template from web

Get hosting

Upload and change the text

Don't go paying someone like a company who offers hosting and creation. They make up high prices, like 84.99 a year domain co.uk, 29.99 a month hosting.

Only costs around £6 a year domain, and few pounds web hosting some is even free.

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thanks

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"you need to find a reputable host first to broadcast from, then take it from there, avoid really busy pages and not too much animation, it can be quite distracting from the main content.

Omg this is hoingbto be hard!

best of luck "

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've just done this. It's tricky if you don't know what you're doing but I'm sure lots will help you out.

I still can't figure out a lot of it tbh, need to keep asking willing helpers

Good luck, if there's anything I can advise with, let me know

Thanksxx"

By *lair101TV/TS
over a year ago

Aberdeen, westhill

"Hi

I want to build a website, but not sure how to go about it. Could anybody steer me in the right direction, what to look for, what to include on the page, how to get it started. I would like to try and do it myself,thought if not, is there a good service out there that can do that for me please"

Try wix com. Their websites are easy to build for beginners.

My website turned out really nice

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Go Daddy, is by all accounts newbie friendly with good tech support etc etc

Bear in mind the costs of your URL will go up over time, but you can usually grab a good deal if you're willing to commit a couple of years to it etc"

Oh thanks will look.

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"What's the website for? As in I don't expect you to give specificw that could identify you but is it just for information, on online shop, a portfolio, etc? "

To advertise my buisnrss and services available ect...

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"If you have some basic knowledge download a template from web

Get hosting

Upload and change the text

Don't go paying someone like a company who offers hosting and creation. They make up high prices, like 84.99 a year domain co.uk, 29.99 a month hosting.

Only costs around £6 a year domain, and few pounds web hosting some is even free."

Thanks

over a year ago

There some really easy sites out there to make websites, and they must be as I love my website which I managed to do myself , tried most of them over the years. Now pay a little more than the average but it is exceedingly easy to make/alter/run which I love and get 12 email addresses to it, which are easy to do and can access directly!

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Hi

I want to build a website, but not sure how to go about it. Could anybody steer me in the right direction, what to look for, what to include on the page, how to get it started. I would like to try and do it myself,thought if not, is there a good service out there that can do that for me please

Try wix com. Their websites are easy to build for beginners.

My website turned out really nice "

Thanks x

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There some really easy sites out there to make websites, and they must be as I love my website which I managed to do myself , tried most of them over the years. Now pay a little more than the average but it is exceedingly easy to make/alter/run which I love and get 12 email addresses to it, which are easy to do and can access directly! "

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There some really easy sites out there to make websites, and they must be as I love my website which I managed to do myself , tried most of them over the years. Now pay a little more than the average but it is exceedingly easy to make/alter/run which I love and get 12 email addresses to it, which are easy to do and can access directly! "

Thanks can you direct me there

Post new Message to Thread