Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leeds vs Liverpool

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else watching? I’m no Leeds fan, but after the events of the last day or two I’d love for Liverpool to get hammered.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm listening to it.

Liverpool fan here but I'm already getting over the idea of the new league.

Football is about rivalry. And most of ours will be there with us

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

[Removed by poster at 19/04/21 21:04:09]

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"I'm listening to it.

Football is about rivalry. And most of ours will be there with us"

... and that's why the American club owners do what they do. They're far more interested in global revenue streams from broadcasting rights and Asian fans than those who've attended matches their whole lives and love for their club.

The new rivalry isn't some new ESL v the Premier League or UEFA, it's billions of global fans in Asia v. folks in places like Merseyside and the former are going to win becaue they have the ££££££££'s to spend and money is what it's all about NOT history or loyalty.

Sad but true. If you don't believe it look to cricket and the IPL. Money talks, loyalty doesn't.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

... and that's why the American club owners do what they do. They're far more interested in global revenue streams from broadcasting rights and Asian fans than those who've attended matches their whole lives and love for their club.

The new rivalry isn't some new ESL v the Premier League or UEFA, it's billions of global fans in Asia v. folks in places like Merseyside and the former are going to win becaue they have the ££££££££'s to spend and money is what it's all about NOT history or loyalty.

Sad but true. If you don't believe it look to cricket and the IPL. Money talks, loyalty doesn't."

It’s a shame as it will be at the expense of domestic football. Over 100 years of history for most clubs means nothing. The rich have stolen our game.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Football is about rivalry. And most of ours will be there with us"

Where’s the magic, where’s the jeapordy of relegation. Sounds like football purgatory.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Sad but true. If you don't believe it look to cricket and the IPL. Money talks, loyalty doesn't."

I know. Its a business to them pure and simple.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Sad but true. If you don't believe it look to cricket and the IPL. Money talks, loyalty doesn't.

I know. Its a business to them pure and simple."

It’s a shame that it’s come to this.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Where’s the magic, where’s the jeapordy of relegation. Sounds like football purgatory."

when was the last time a big team got relegated? Leeds?

I don't like the fact there are no consequences for being shit in this new league.

And my fandom might not survive the switch. But the club don't care about me and I'm not sure they should

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Where’s the magic, where’s the jeapordy of relegation. Sounds like football purgatory.when was the last time a big team got relegated? Leeds?

I don't like the fact there are no consequences for being shit in this new league.

And my fandom might not survive the switch. But the club don't care about me and I'm not sure they should "

Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn. Depends what you define as big club. It seems that has been confused with Richest clubs.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Where’s the magic, where’s the jeapordy of relegation. Sounds like football purgatory.when was the last time a big team got relegated? Leeds?

And my fandom might not survive the switch. But the club don't care about me and I'm not sure they should

Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn. Depends what you define as big club. It seems that has been confused with Richest clubs."

Newcastle is a good call. But my point is the bigger clubs (yes richer) don't fear relegation. For the big 6 relegation is not qualifying for Europe.

over a year ago

"I'm listening to it.

Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn. Depends what you define as big club. It seems that has been confused with Richest clubs.

Newcastle is a good call. But my point is the bigger clubs (yes richer) don't fear relegation. For the big 6 relegation is not qualifying for Europe.

"

Which is a real possibility for a couple of those teams this season, yet this new model, they will never be in danger of that.

Post new Message to Thread