Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Self confidence issue ...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m not sure where to start but I’ll just type, I’m very self conscious and have been struggling a little with this issue especially when chatting with couples, I completely understand this is a turn off for some, I’m just reaching out for advice really on how I can not let the nerves take over as I’m extremely keen for things to progress. Any advice is genuinely appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just be yourself and if they like you then things will progress naturally and if they don’t then your search will continue.

I’m a aspie and for years I’ve employed different tactics to get me through but always found being true to yourself is the best.

T

over a year ago

Thank you for that, I’m always myself but do I find I try to adjust to the couple I’m speaking with and maybe this is not the right approach, I’m not really into all the intense chat, yes in the right context it can be intriguing but not instantly hounding me for pictures or sex talk, that’s not how my mind works.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

As above, just take it slow, try and take part in the forums, get to know what people are like and let people get a feel for who you are.

Most of all relax, use this time to make a few connections be respectful and be yourself

over a year ago

Can I just add I think some of the nerves I experience are because I’ve thought about this scenario so much it’s my ultimate fantasy, maybe I’m trying to hard

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I’m not sure where to start but I’ll just type, I’m very self conscious and have been struggling a little with this issue especially when chatting with couples, I completely understand this is a turn off for some, I’m just reaching out for advice really on how I can not let the nerves take over as I’m extremely keen for things to progress. Any advice is genuinely appreciated "

Like whats been said, be true to who you are Op, do not sell that for anybody or anything, your enough

over a year ago

"As above, just take it slow, try and take part in the forums, get to know what people are like and let people get a feel for who you are.

Most of all relax, use this time to make a few connections be respectful and be yourself"

It’s hard when everything seems rushed, I want to take my time and really build a connection and trust, I will stop trying so hard and stop trying to adjust my approach.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Like others have said just be yourself and hopefully you will click with the right couple and it will feel natural not forced ..

over a year ago

I’m really hoping so, so glad I put this up as I already feel reassured x

Post new Message to Thread