Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have you changed?

Jump to newest

By *exyEggs OP   Couple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Has your experience of the pandemic changed you? Mentally, emotionally, physically?

Mrs kf x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, it's made me appreciate life more after losing someone I know who was my age.

I'm also more conscious of my health.

It's changed a lot for me tbh xx

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

I've been less stressed over the past year generally

over a year ago

For sure... good points and bad points. It's been a real eye opener

over a year ago

"Has your experience of the pandemic changed you? Mentally, emotionally, physically?

Mrs kf x"

Its taught me more than its changed me, was in the process of change b4 the pandemic, a year in isolation is nothing compared to the 20 I did b4

over a year ago

Yes, wevw both struggled under lockdown mentally and physically

must say its resulted in lower inhibitions and desire and a result im on here

more so i think were just lonely and missing social interaction that we got pre-lockdown

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"I've been less stressed over the past year generally"
totally the opposite for me, stress, anxiety, depression, my business has probably gone down the toilet, my relationship ended up there, because of me, mental health is starting to get better

over a year ago

Yes Px

over a year ago

Oh god yes!! Physically, mentally, emotionally, I’ve despised it all.

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

Yes as lockdown ment I was unable to keep up with my mental health treatment and instead of medication and vegetation I jad to fight my own personal hell and I've come out stronger for it and more sure on what the cause of alot of it

over a year ago

Yes absolutely.. I've learnt what matters most, the people who are most important and how to appreciate things more.

Also, always keep a stash of toilet roll, spaghetti and hand wash.. just incase!

over a year ago

Yes in the way I act at work towards people in general on more medication from incident in work so altogether not good

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/04/21 12:22:53]

over a year ago

Physically, I've weight has yoyoed a bit...gyms closed and I've not felt safe to go out much so my exercise...but for most of it I ate better than I had In a while.

Mentally it's made me a bit more laid back about things that are out of my control I think.

It's taught me I never want to be 2000 miles from Jeff again for more than a few weeks! (5 months was too long!) And that I need to visit my parents more often.

It's been fucking hard!!!

Lu

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I've changed a lot during the pandemic yes , a hell of a lot , but not all of that has been Lockdown/Covid related, its just happened to have been during thst time, if that made sense

over a year ago

Yes it took me from the bed of fantasy made in heaven and a feeling of invincibility and placed me in the hell of reality and a world of pointlessness and endings feeling frail weak and empty i no longer care about most things it showed me what i need to live my best life then made that life impossible to attain i dont wish for sympathy this is just a vent to me so in 5 words covid has destroyed my world

over a year ago

I hope it's reminded me to appreciate all the everyday freedoms and pleasures that we can enjoy in normal times. Perhaps I will eventually return to taking them for granted but I'll try to put that off for as long as possible.

over a year ago

I thought it would be fun, working from home. It helped me realise the difference between enjoying my own company and being lonely.

over a year ago

My waist size has increased but honestly in all these lockdowns, eating has been one of the few pleasures I’ve had!

On a deeper level I guess I really realise life is too short. Sounds cliche but I think coming out of restrictions I won’t put things off or say “i could do xxx later”. Even things like spending money on myself which I rarely do.

over a year ago

I don't think I have changed as a person but I have realised that I am more resilient and adaptable than I may have given myself credit for previously.

I have become more of a goal driven person when it comes to my running and walking activities. This is probably because its one of the few aspects of my life in latter months that I have some control over as restrictions have eased slightly regarding physical exercise.

I have adjusted well to working from home and have become much more relaxed in relation to my appearance for work, my make up and hair isn't perfect every day as it was in the office. I now have a better work/life balance and different priorities, I use my time previously spent on getting ready and commuting to go outdoors for a run or walk which helps clear my mind and give me a positive stress free start to my day.

I am thankful to have not experienced the negative experiences of covid either personally or to those around me. How I would have coped with that I can't say and I have so much respect for those who have come through those experiences.

NBVN x

over a year ago

I have less as in I've sold a lot of my possessions.

Made money on selling personal protection equipment.

It's made me look at my outgoings and seriously adjust how I spend which can't be a bad thing.

As a person I value my time a lot more now so anytime which is bull or any ifs buts or maybes I have no time for.

People died and quickly. Time is precious

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’ve popped a bit of weight on but other than that I think I’m pretty much the same. Lockdown was a positive experience for me so I’m grateful for that.

At the weekend I sat outside a cafe having coffee and cake in the sunshine with my family bubble and those simple things mean the world to me. I’m very good at evaluating what is important to me and appreciating those things. I never lose sight of that. Lockdown has just confirmed it all to me in so many ways.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I think for me it’s made me more resilient, that somethings, and some people, just don’t matter. I’ve become more grounded and really found what does make me happy.

over a year ago

Hugely. I was working as normal up until late August but just couldn’t stay anywhere so travelling 4 hours each side of a working day most days. Then illness struck which I am still awaiting treatment for. Constant muscle spasms caused by stress and anxiety. Thought MS at first. So, I have been in and out of hospital during a pandemic. Seen first hand how bad it has been. Worked from home whilst ill, harder than it sounds. Live rurally so I have seen next to nobody. My priorities have changed. In future I will invest more time in myself instead of others. None of those I thought I could rely on have stepped up. Single dad of 2 so I had to somehow keep going. Luckily they are both teens. Some people I thought were educated and decent people have proven themselves the opposite. I have learned that I had far too many hangers on in my life. Time to reset, clear out the trash and reset!!!

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Not really, no. My particular combination of privileges has allowed me to sail through it largely unscathed.

I'm determined to be a bit braver in future about establishing whether or not people like me, though.

over a year ago

Yes but it's not just pandemic. I had lots happening last year. Some drastic changes in life... so I don't necessarily credit covid for my transformation. Physically and mentally.

over a year ago

Yes. It has made me step back and not rush into things, take a bit more me time and to do my own thing rather than try to 'fit in'.

over a year ago

Yes

I bit more fragile mentally

Less fit

Fatter

More emotional

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I actually feel mentally better, I'm quite an anxious person and it's been nice that the world was a bit slower.

First lockdown was bliss, at home, with my son, in the garden, plus the cats.

over a year ago

I've not changed at all.

Quite literally - I've still got the same pants on

over a year ago

"I've not changed at all.

Quite literally - I've still got the same pants on "

They fit then. Success

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My values are stronger than they ever were and I'm more driven to make a difference

over a year ago

I feel less stressed (although that may be as a result of changing jobs twice in a pandemic, though luckily with the same firm) but also find myself sleeping less and maybe overthinking things a bit more.

I've also realised I'm probably more of a social animal than I thought, and now appreciate my mates more than ever. There is a lot more messaging between us just checking in and seeing how each other are feeling, compared to the usual lad stuff of footy / booze / inappropriate humour... hopefully that side of things continues as you never know when someone isn't right.

I admire people who don't feel changed by the last 12 months I think... that is some serious personal resilience!

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I wouldn't say it's changed me, but it has made me realise who and what are important in my life.

over a year ago

It’s been up and down for me, and not just because of Covid. I also had a lot of health issues over the last year which were massively complicated by COVID, and that increased the impact it had on me.

There’s been times I’ve cried and felt so alone, because I was.

Having said that, it’s also allowed for a lot of growth and transformation, so it hasn’t been all bad.

over a year ago

"It’s been up and down for me, and not just because of Covid. I also had a lot of health issues over the last year which were massively complicated by COVID, and that increased the impact it had on me.

Having said that, it’s also allowed for a lot of growth and transformation, so it hasn’t been all bad. "

I feel many can related to this in their own way too. Its the silver lining i suppose

over a year ago

No, I am still the same. I still think people can be stupid.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s been up and down for me, and not just because of Covid. I also had a lot of health issues over the last year which were massively complicated by COVID, and that increased the impact it had on me.

Having said that, it’s also allowed for a lot of growth and transformation, so it hasn’t been all bad.

I feel many can related to this in their own way too. Its the silver lining i suppose"

Absolutely. I think it's been a time of growth for many of us

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Yes its made me a lot more of an introvert than I used to be. I'm looking forward to breaking the shackles of my self imposed hermit mode.

I miss the old me and hope to get a little of that back again one day soon

By *erDirtyRockstarMan
over a year ago

buckinghamshire

Well it has meant I have managed to save alot of money. In retrospect I realise how much I used to spend on stuff that ultimately didn't bring a great deal of value. Ie. Pub !

over a year ago

"Has your experience of the pandemic changed you? Mentally, emotionally, physically?

Mrs kf x"

all three

over a year ago

Yes. May not have gone out much before it but had my routines and hated having them taken away from me

Tried new routines but easy to get out of habit when could not see things changing

My main social outlet was taken from me and not sure if and when it will be back

Also felt was less able to seek help for improvement to my mental health

over a year ago

Mrs kf x"

Yes it certainly puts things in perspective for me.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Yes, massively. It’s made me realise that there are certain people that I really don’t need in my life and some that I really couldn’t bear to be without them in my life.

I’ve taken far too much for granted and the pandemic has shown me that I need to grasp opportunities when they arrive, not hang around for another in future.

Health wise it’s made me consider my attitude to work and going in when feeling ill, made my attitude to hygiene stricter and made me appreciate the lowly supermarket worker

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yes, I think it has

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Not massively but going back to work full time in June helped helped me keep my normalish routine in place, my bullshit detector is on super sensitive and I walk away far too easily atm

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Yup. I finally realised I’m much stronger than I think sometimes. Being alone during lockdowns has been tough but it didn’t break me.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

I'm now a bit fat !! X

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hmm. The pandemic itself has made me appreciate my fiancé more. He's an amazing man and I'm very lucky to have him in my life.

I did put on weight during it but thanks to recent events I've lost that so that's a win for me.

I did find it difficult at times. I'm used to dealing with/talking to many people daily and I missed that. Instead I spoke to my friends constantly and that was a big help and support.

I am determined to enjoy things a bit more and stop saying no to anything that doesn't fit into my rather boring life.

over a year ago

No

Things around me have changed but I'm the same.

Stuff happened - I lost my job, I lost a person I thought was a friend.

It hurt at the time - but like everything- time has healed it.

over a year ago

There's no worse feeling than being forgotten by the one person you can never forget

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Most definitely. It has made me appreciate the small things in life and how to appreciate laughter and a really good smile

over a year ago

No. I haven't changed. Same old idiot

over a year ago

Yes ive noticed im much more relaxed, although feeling much less sociable.

Ive also noticed im less bothered how people perceive me, im respect to i always feel as though people expect of me to be a certain way. i always feel i need to dress to impress ect but recently ive been contempt dressing much more casual.. maybe its a age thing, maybe its down too not going out ect for over a year

Post new Message to Thread