Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your national insurance number has been used fraudently

Jump to newest

By *estman for the job OP   Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I seem to get this call from a supposed national crime agency representative on a regular basis lately and always the same result when I challenge who they are and say there a scamming bastard they hang up ,what do u receive regularly and how do u deal with it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm the luckiest person in the world how many competition's I win daily apparently. I've also got 100 parcels awaiting for me, fraud activity on a bank im not registered at and I'm owed money from HMRC

Delete, block and ignore

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I never speak when an unknown number calls, which is usually enough for the computer calling me to hang up and presumably to delete the number from the database.

I just laugh, on the rare occasions someone got through and I disconnect quickly.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I report numbers to the Spam number too.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Go watch some scam baiters on YouTube

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I'm the luckiest person in the world how many competition's I win daily apparently. I've also got 100 parcels awaiting for me, fraud activity on a bank im not registered at and I'm owed money from HMRC was one of your competition wins rear of the year x

Delete, block and ignore "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm going to be arrested apparently, I've been in an accident that wasn't my fault and Microsoft have me on speed dial. I deal with these calls all in the same way, by cutting them off and blocking their number.

We recently had people calling at the house offering free home improvements. We sent them away with a flea in their ear too.

over a year ago

I get that HMRC robovoice one.

No matter how many times I block the number a new one rings the next day lol.

Mental

over a year ago

I get texts about bank accounts at banks i dont bank with, emails from the hmrc about tax rebates, my tv licence has been cancelled about 40 times now. Where do these people find the time?

By *elvet_OrchidWoman
over a year ago

Banbury

I've also had this National insurance call. Oddly; from a mobile number which is almost identical to my own apart from the last 2 numbers. I block and report it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I describe the elderly person they're hoping they're scamming dying horribly of Covid, in graphic details, and ask them to think about their choices.

By *1bttmMan
over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

Block but also report any saying they're HMRC. Look it up on the gov website u can report emails, txt messages, calls. Takes 5 mins

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Apparently I am under investigation by HMRC and if I didn't press 1 a warrant for my arrest would be issued, strangely enough it was from a mobile number

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I seem to get this call from a supposed national crime agency representative on a regular basis lately and always the same result when I challenge who they are and say there a scamming bastard they hang up ,what do u receive regularly and how do u deal with it"

I work for a government agency... we get lots of frightened older people giving us a call with regards to this... best advice I can give is to get in touch with the government national fraud helpline and they can take details...

over a year ago

I have €10,000,000 waiting for me in bank in Nigeria, just need to pass on all my bank details in order for it to be transferred..roll on Saturday when it should all be in my account

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"I get texts about bank accounts at banks i dont bank with, emails from the hmrc about tax rebates, my tv licence has been cancelled about 40 times now. Where do these people find the time? "

It's their job.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Amazon phone me at least once a week. As the calls originate from a specific place with a strong culture of honour I ask them whether their parents are proud of what they do for a living. I ask them whether their parents hold there heads up high when they explain what their beloved son/daughter does for a living to others in their social group.

Doesn’t tend to go down well if I’m honest

over a year ago

I just play along and give fake details and silly anwsers until they get bored and hang up

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I just play along and give fake details and silly anwsers until they get bored and hang up "

Before the pandemic I used to do this.

Windows has a problem.

String along for awhile

Should I open my curtains first?

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Don't answer numbers I don't recognise, look them up on "who called me" and see what other people have said, then block.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Don't answer numbers I don't recognise, look them up on "who called me" and see what other people have said, then block."

Problem for me is most often unknown or international is my family

over a year ago

"I just play along and give fake details and silly anwsers until they get bored and hang up

Before the pandemic I used to do this.

Windows has a problem.

String along for awhile

Should I open my curtains first?

"

Hahaha thats the way, it enterains me no end as you can hear them getting frustated

over a year ago

One of many scams doing the rounds

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I work weird hours 6pm - 2am so I sleep in till at least 10am. So I have to unplug my landline due to the calls I get at 9am from these scammers.

I also string them along, the longest I kept on the line was 20 minutes before he knew I was taking the piss. Especially as he’d phoned up about my WiFi with BT and I’m with Sky

I got a text last week from a bank I don’t bank with, it looked quite genuine so I understand why people can fall for it. I checked out the bank’s website and they showed the exact same text as a scam on their page. So my advice is always contact your bank first

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I try to keep the HMRC ones on as long as possible, After about 20 mins I will throw them a curved ball by asking the to quote me my tax reference number, the line goes dead. You could also ask them if the are calling from the Delhi office or the Mumbai office and that you did not realise HMRC had an office in India.

I have 3 warrants out for my arrest, no one arrested me yet despite the promise that they would be at my door within half an hour.

It all passes the time away.

over a year ago

"I try to keep the HMRC ones on as long as possible, After about 20 mins I will throw them a curved ball by asking the to quote me my tax reference number, the line goes dead. You could also ask them if the are calling from the Delhi office or the Mumbai office and that you did not realise HMRC had an office in India.

I have 3 warrants out for my arrest, no one arrested me yet despite the promise that they would be at my door within half an hour.

It all passes the time away. "

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"Go watch some scam baiters on YouTube "

Yes and I really pity their victims who mostly are vulnerable elderly.

Prefer Jim Browning's chanel and how he try so hard to alert the victims.

over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I upset 1 guy so much he kept saying fuck u fuck u fuck u so I said no thanks I don't do cock

over a year ago

Apparently my Amazon Prime account has been used fraudualently. Only thing is I dont have an Amazon Prime account, in fact no Amazon account of any kind

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

When they ring and say they've been informed about my accident I say yes which one I've had more than one then ask which one have they heard about, that usually gets them confused enough to hang up

By *959femxCouple
over a year ago

Weston super mare

Get loads of them Amazon HMRC Banks Royal Mail . All sorts if it’s female I ask how big her tits are and if her pussy is wet .they hang up or say I’ll be reported to the police and I say ok keep the line open and I’ll be glad to speak to them . And if male I ask if they are a benchode or a manachode which according to the spam busters on YouTube means motherfucker or sister fucker that usually gets rid of them or they show true colours and start abusing you . nothing racist here but most according to the spam busters are located in India big call centres and the people working in them just regard it as a normal job happily ripping off people in the USA & UK

I’ve spoken to Banks . HMRC DWP Amazon and they all say there’s nothing can be done about it .

over a year ago

The HMRC apparently owe me money.

I have apparently been involved in a road traffic accident and can make a claim.

& lately even I have been told my Amazon Prime subscription has been renewed for X amount. (I don't even have Amazon Prime!)

Bella

By *959femxCouple
over a year ago

Weston super mare

"I try to keep the HMRC ones on as long as possible, After about 20 mins I will throw them a curved ball by asking the to quote me my tax reference number, the line goes dead. You could also ask them if the are calling from the Delhi office or the Mumbai office and that you did not realise HMRC had an office in India.

It all passes the time away. "

absolutely it’s all good fun love playing them along !

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Hate these bastards.

I had to disconnect my land line due to their actions.

My late wife, suffering from a degenerative neurological condition, kept being distressed by them calling.

She would phone me in floods of tears thinking I had been in some accident.

They are just 2 bit sleaze bags mainly praying on the elderly, infirm and vulnerable.

May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest their armpits and their hands drop off at the wrists...

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Over the last 3 months I've noticed a large increase in fraudulent texts, emails and phone calls claiming to be my bank, HMRC, Openreach, DVLA, Amazon, Royal Mail. Almost ever 2nd day now something. It seems like this is becoming quite the pandemic. However sadly I have not won the Nigerian lottery for over a year now.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

It all passes the time away. absolutely it’s all good fun love playing them along ! "

Yes it's quite a gift when you have a vivid imagination and they've caught you at a period where you have time on your hands.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I’ve fallen for the Royal Mail scam twice now.

over a year ago

I was in a bad car accident apparently and due compensation. That must be for the amnesia I'm experiencing because can't remember for love nor money being in one

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

When we get a call from a real person rather than a prerecorded message (like the fake Amazon & HMRC ones) we answer as a business and they instantly hang up.

over a year ago

Since lockdown began five Royal Mail scams fifteen banking scams and sky tv scam criminals will try anything to get you’re bank details stay safe all

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"I get that HMRC robovoice one.

No matter how many times I block the number a new one rings the next day lol.

Mental"

i was getting them and i just reported the number on the gov website not had any since

over a year ago

You are all in luck, I’ve just won the Nigerian lottery

By *ootballFlowerCouple
over a year ago

Ollerton

As an IT tech I personally love the BT internet router ones. If I have a few mins I see how long I can keep them on the line before they hang up on me. Acting all dumb and pretending to do as they ask.

For the other callers I have employed a number of other tactics including leaving the phone by the radio, asking them about themselves as we talk and asking if crime is acceptable in their religion or if they keep calling I have blown a whistle down the phone.

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

I generally hang up, but when I can be bothered, speaking my really crap German or french seems to confuse them enough.

The best one is getting a bit uppity at them asking how they got the number to a dept within the police/ intelligence/ government - usually has them off the line in seconds...... but when you get the one that goes for it.... it’s speaker phone time!

over a year ago

A new aspect of the scam is asking you to 'press 1' or another number to speak to an agent. If you do then it diverts you to a high rate phone line. So if you do speak to them (even to wind them up) you may be paying for the privilege.

over a year ago

"May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest their armpits and their hands drop off at the wrists..."

Please may I borrow this....

By *ackspencer888Man
over a year ago

Droitwich

I usually answer saying " can you hold on a second, i have some toast under the grill ". Then leave the phone off the hook and wait to see how long it is before I hear the click when they disconnect. Sometimes its ages !!

By *edGrayCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

I run a small business and every day I get a call from the same international company offering me discounted utility rates. Sometimes their regional accents are so strong it is difficult to understand what they are saying.

If I am not busy, I do like to wind them up and waste their time, especially when they ask how much I pay and who is my supplier. I will make up a fictional company and tell them I only pay £3.50 a month for my Gas and Electric, then I try to sell them discounted double glazing and they have to buy it now to get the deal... Or I will speak to them in an other language if I am busy, they soon put the phone down...

Post new Message to Thread