Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wales

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m looking at staycations in wales once we can do so.

I’ve never been to Wales before and have no clue where to start. I was thinking to stay for 3 nights and will be driving so I’m happy to move around.

I was looking at Cardiff but there didn’t seem to be as much to do in the city (compared to say london) and the main attractions seem to be smaller villages/towns, beaches or national parks.

Any tips where to start looking? I want a somewhat relaxing staycation but do like to be out during the day exploring. I love cities but love the countryside just a tad more!

Any tips would be great!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

The beacon beacons are fabulous if you like walking. There are amazing places to eat and drink in and around Abergavenny.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire is lovely

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I’m looking at staycations in wales once we can do so.

I’ve never been to Wales before and have no clue where to start. I was thinking to stay for 3 nights and will be driving so I’m happy to move around.

I was looking at Cardiff but there didn’t seem to be as much to do in the city (compared to say london) and the main attractions seem to be smaller villages/towns, beaches or national parks.

Any tips where to start looking? I want a somewhat relaxing staycation but do like to be out during the day exploring. I love cities but love the countryside just a tad more!

Any tips would be great!"

Look at north wales,

If you like the countryside and mountains llanberis is a good area. Anglesey is great as well.

over a year ago

"The beacon beacons are fabulous if you like walking. There are amazing places to eat and drink in and around Abergavenny. "

Brecon beacons look amazing but that may be a little too active this time round haha.

over a year ago

"Pembrokeshire is lovely"

Yeah pembrokeshire is on the list!! Looks ideal for nice beaches, some walks and food and drink. Any specific places to stay?

over a year ago

"

Look at north wales,

If you like the countryside and mountains llanberis is a good area. Anglesey is great as well. "

I’ll check our anglesey thanks

By *ungleTemptressWoman
over a year ago

The Jungle

Snowdonia is so beautiful. Look for little log cabins up in that area and I promise you, you will not be disappointed!

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Watching this with interest as i want to go to Wales too.

over a year ago

Snowdonia region is just beautiful. There are so many castles, hills, beaches etc.

We went a couple of years ago and the sea was turquoise and I was blown away

over a year ago

"Snowdonia is so beautiful. Look for little log cabins up in that area and I promise you, you will not be disappointed!"

This sounds just about right! Especially if there are B&Bs around.

over a year ago

"Snowdonia region is just beautiful. There are so many castles, hills, beaches etc.

We went a couple of years ago and the sea was turquoise and I was blown away "

Sounds like quite a bit to do. I’ll watch some travel vlogs on it

By *hantasmagoriaWoman
over a year ago

Newport

Brecon or Tenby

over a year ago

"Brecon or Tenby "

Growing up in the 1970s we used to spend two weeks in Saundersfoot, a lovely little town just a few miles from Tenby. We always thought Tenby a little too commercial, almost the Blackpool of South Wales but not as run down.

There are plenty of videos of Saundersfoot on a well-known video site.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Brecon or Tenby

Growing up in the 1970s we used to spend two weeks in Saundersfoot, a lovely little town just a few miles from Tenby. We always thought Tenby a little too commercial, almost the Blackpool of South Wales but not as run down.

There are plenty of videos of Saundersfoot on a well-known video site."

I'm with you on Tenby I don't particularly like the place too crowded. But being from West Wales, although everyone talks about Pembrokeshire, Cardiganshire is equally as lovely and half as full.

Post new Message to Thread