By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Too much money, it's gone past being a game

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The new proposal for a European football league is it just greed"

Yep... greed and power over all the other teams that couldn't even scrape 1% of these clubs value.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Whilst I'm appalled by it I think I'm a bit naive too, never paid for sky but did subscribe to bt sports for a season so possibly like anyone else has shown the money men that people will pay to watch sport from home, pub etc..

Not saying the PL and this are the same but the numbers have been crunched on the basis of the former and the revenues it attracts/attracted and that's why this is being proposed..

They are trusting that once the hue and cry subside also the legal challenges are sorted there will be a market for this new league..

Morally it's the equivalent of the four top kids in class being allowed to exclude the others who are not at their level and those other kids don't get to share the enjoyment of a kick about, perhaps too clichéd but part of how this looks..

By *inchyorksMan
over a year ago

huddersfield

It’s all been about greed since sky and the Prem league was formed!

Football hasn’t had a soul in years, years ago the Bolton owner wanted to stop relegation, this is just the next progression.

Problem is armchair fans will pay to waych, while us season ticket holders will suffer.

over a year ago

Top flight football has had a stench about it that I've wanted to keep at arms length for some time now. That brief, sweet, moment when Leicester won the league just confirmed it with UEFA dignitaries openly talking about why Leicester's win was bad for football.

Ever since I quit playing fantasy league I've only watched non league and Internationals. The latter more because I can't help myself. Italia '90 got me into football when I was a kid.

By *ostonJoeMan
over a year ago

Boston

Football is going to become "Sports Entertainment" like American sports. F1 is currently going down the same route. Its just business now.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

The European competitions are already watered down. I only get interested at the semi final stage. Most of the other games are irrelevant to the neutral.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Pure money move, all the passion I had for the game completely sucked out it.

Who wants to watch a non competitive sport with nothing to play for, no consequences of winning or losing a game.

over a year ago

Celtic and rangers have agreed in principle to join the English premier League if the club's joining the European super League are banned from playing in it.

But I can't see that, the club's have the power and will end up having their cake and eating it.

Get ready for £20 ppv games or an extra subscription to watch it.

I'm glad I don't have a TV

Post new Message to Thread