Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I expect the same

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

So, reading through some profiles, as you do, and I see a lot of 'I do this, I expect the same of any meets'.

Is it just me (I hate that phrase lol) that just says no!

Particularly if it's yo do with personal grooming. 'I'm shaved and I expect you to be aswell'

Errrr you can chuff off sunshine.

I know, I know it's. A preference and people can choose who they meet and how they meet etc etc, it just made me laugh how a profile can be quite appealing until they tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my public hair, for instance (yes, again I know I have a choice not to meet them if I don't want to shave.....)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would just take that as them stating a preference, rather than telling you you should shave...

Stuff like that doesn't bother me at all.

Lu

over a year ago

evesham

"I would just take that as them stating a preference, rather than telling you you should shave...

Lu "

I did say I knew it was a preference

It doesn't bother me bother me. Just a thing that popped into my head so I popped it in the forum

I'm the same off fab as well. If someone expects something off me, my first gut reaction is to tell them to sod off.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I've seen this on a few ladies profiles, things like no chest hair. Or only well hung, .

It's all about preference and as the ladies are outnumbered, they can be more specific about what they desire in a playmate

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Complete stranger expresses a preference on their profile. If it raises your hackles Just swipe left.

over a year ago

Or the 'fitness fanatic, looking for similar'

Ok, that's me out then

It doesn't bother me as such, but I can use it myself to not bother with them.

*Not bother with them* - Is that even grammatically correct?? It's early and my brain hasn't woken up yet

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

If it's a deal breaker , of course it should be stated ...

By being aware of it you know not to contact that profile as you're not what they looking for .

I don't mean "you" litterally

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I demand an IQ of at least 200, the ability for the applicant to perform the full yogic lotus position and at least boast one Michelin star.....

over a year ago

"I would just take that as them stating a preference, rather than telling you you should shave...

Lu

I did say I knew it was a preference

It doesn't bother me bother me. Just a thing that popped into my head so I popped it in the forum

I'm the same off fab as well. If someone expects something off me, my first gut reaction is to tell them to sod off. "

I get what you're saying...I just wouldn't have read into it the same way

over a year ago

evesham

"Complete stranger expresses a preference on their profile. If it raises your hackles Just swipe left. "

Can we swipe on here?

over a year ago

We are all on here to meet people that appeal to us. They like clean shaven. It’s no biggie and nothing to raise hackles about.

over a year ago

Lu "

I kind of get where OP is coming from. The preference doesn't bother me at all, but there must be a better way to phrase it surely? Something like "I prefer a shaved/unshaved xyz". Saying "I expect" comes across a bit too intimidating.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I know what you mean. I'm all excited and happy I found someone appealing, then their profile says 'I'm intelligent and expect you to be too'. Bubble burst

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lu

I kind of get where OP is coming from. The preference doesn't bother me at all, but there must be a better way to phrase it surely? Something like "I prefer a shaved/unshaved xyz". Saying "I expect" comes across a bit too intimidating. "

At least it's not "I know what soap is"

Congratulations do you want a gold star?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yep as soon as someone "expects" something from me I'm off. It has undertones of that awful phrase "I expected better of you" implying disappointment before they've even met you.

I know it's a preference etc but it still winds me up

over a year ago

Lu

I kind of get where OP is coming from. The preference doesn't bother me at all, but there must be a better way to phrase it surely? Something like "I prefer a shaved/unshaved xyz". Saying "I expect" comes across a bit too intimidating. "

Yeah, I get that...but that's her preference...its up to them how they express themselves on their profile. If they're not for you, what difference does it make. If that preference rules you out anyway, changing the wording holds no purpose really.

The statement serves it's purpose.

over a year ago

Lu

I kind of get where OP is coming from. The preference doesn't bother me at all, but there must be a better way to phrase it surely? Something like "I prefer a shaved/unshaved xyz". Saying "I expect" comes across a bit too intimidating.

Yeah, I get that...but that's her preference...its up to them how they express themselves on their profile. If they're not for you, what difference does it make. If that preference rules you out anyway, changing the wording holds no purpose really.

The statement serves it's purpose. "

It's just a burst bubble isn't it. You look at someone's photos, read their profile and get that tingle, thinking "ooft, they're a bit of me" and then suddenly read something that jars you a bit. It's totally fair enough to feel disappointed for a moment before moving on to the next profile...

over a year ago

Lu

It's just a burst bubble isn't it. You look at someone's photos, read their profile and get that tingle, thinking "ooft, they're a bit of me" and then suddenly read something that jars you a bit. It's totally fair enough to feel disappointed for a moment before moving on to the next profile... "

Of course it is! I'm not saying it not....just that I wouldn't be.

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Yep as soon as someone "expects" something from me I'm off. It has undertones of that awful phrase "I expected better of you" implying disappointment before they've even met you.

I know it's a preference etc but it still winds me up "

Pre Covid , my profile stated "pubic hair are a big NoNo" , is that any better ? I don't think there's a diplomatic way to put it . However it's worded it's gonna annoy some .

I do know people are more than a "bush" but I just don't like it . I dislike the feel on my tongue , up my nose and the loose one in my mouth .

Whatever "restrictions" people states on their profile, others will take offence .

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Nah I just skip their profile as we're not compatible.

I do however get annoyed when someone states a clear preference on their profile which I do not meet and then when I point that out when they contact me, they try to talk me around. For example a guy had on his profile that he wasn't interested in anyone over a size 12. Well I'm a 12-14. He told me I "carried it well". I don't want someone to resort to meeting me against their preferences and I didn't want to be constantly conscious that I might be more towards the size 14 on a particular day. Same if I met someone who expressed a strong preference for no pubic hair. They're not going to be able to convince me to meet them. I don't ever want to meet someone who wishes there were things they could change about me.

over a year ago

evesham

"Yep as soon as someone "expects" something from me I'm off. It has undertones of that awful phrase "I expected better of you" implying disappointment before they've even met you.

Pre Covid , my profile stated "pubic hair are a big NoNo" , is that any better ? I don't think there's a diplomatic way to put it . However it's worded it's gonna annoy some .

I do know people are more than a "bush" but I just don't like it . I dislike the feel on my tongue , up my nose and the loose one in my mouth .

Whatever "restrictions" people states on their profile, others will take offence .

"

For the record..... I'm not 'offended' by them stating they expect things of me as a potential meet (not me individually as some seem to think I'm implying).

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

I don't care if people don't like pubic hair, it's the phrase I don't like.

It's used to express loads of preferences. "I'm clean and expect the same of you" is another one.

It's just something that irks me, that's all. I'm all for expressing preference

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lu

It's just a burst bubble isn't it. You look at someone's photos, read their profile and get that tingle, thinking "ooft, they're a bit of me" and then suddenly read something that jars you a bit. It's totally fair enough to feel disappointed for a moment before moving on to the next profile... "

Yup

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nah I just skip their profile as we're not compatible.

I do however get annoyed when someone states a clear preference on their profile which I do not meet and then when I point that out when they contact me, they try to talk me around. For example a guy had on his profile that he wasn't interested in anyone over a size 12. Well I'm a 12-14. He told me I "carried it well". I don't want someone to resort to meeting me against their preferences and I didn't want to be constantly conscious that I might be more towards the size 14 on a particular day. Same if I met someone who expressed a strong preference for no pubic hair. They're not going to be able to convince me to meet them. I don't ever want to meet someone who wishes there were things they could change about me. "

Yeah we are contacted by quite a few people whose profiles say kissing and giving a woman oral are very important to them. When we point out that's not going to happen they say it's fine. It's not though is it, you'll just be making do if you meet us

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nah I just skip their profile as we're not compatible.

I do however get annoyed when someone states a clear preference on their profile which I do not meet and then when I point that out when they contact me, they try to talk me around. For example a guy had on his profile that he wasn't interested in anyone over a size 12. Well I'm a 12-14. He told me I "carried it well". I don't want someone to resort to meeting me against their preferences and I didn't want to be constantly conscious that I might be more towards the size 14 on a particular day. Same if I met someone who expressed a strong preference for no pubic hair. They're not going to be able to convince me to meet them. I don't ever want to meet someone who wishes there were things they could change about me.

Yeah we are contacted by quite a few people whose profiles say kissing and giving a woman oral are very important to them. When we point out that's not going to happen they say it's fine. It's not though is it, you'll just be making do if you meet us "

Yup. Or trying to change me.

Not doing that.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I know what you mean. I'm all excited and happy I found someone appealing, then their profile says 'I'm intelligent and expect you to be too'. Bubble burst "

On a similar note, when I receive messages from couples and single men who state they only meet white people. My views on that aside, I have no idea why they express an interest in me. I've asked before and they've said I don't look black, I'm not "that" black (whatever that means). Or the ones who say they are gym fit and prefer to meet people like them. I'm clearly not. I don't mind people having a choice in who they meet and sure, we all meet people different from our ideals. I don't want to feel like I'm very much different from their usual and nothing will come of it if we do meet.

over a year ago

Op. A lot of profiles I’ve read in the least come across as pretentious, (men read profiles? you say). And it is very off putting to want to speak to these people.

Funny thing is, I don’t read profiles of many people I. The forums. You guys could have anything in your blurb and I would never know.

*its time I started to learn a bit more about you guys.... who to say no to.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Fabland expects every man and woman and trans to do their duty

over a year ago

I enjoy reading profiles. I think the ones that are specific acts as an excellent filter for both parties.

over a year ago

Lu

I agree with this. The 'expect' would put me off.

over a year ago

Lu

I agree with this. The 'expect' would put me off. "

I think that putting it ‘softly’ or ‘politely’ gives some readers the impression that it’s a soft preference. “I expect” comes across harsher, admittedly but certainly stronger and says “this is what I want. Not a soft preference but a must.” It’s not wishy washy.

Nothing wrong with that. They’re not arranging to meet a lifetime partner but someone who is a ‘fantasy’ for a while.

over a year ago

Very few people respond well to strangers expectations.

As people have said its off putting.

We met some people at socials who had really demanding standard on their profiles but in person were cool and worked off a different set of criteria.

Also on fab, as in life maybe, people tend to copy things that look proper from other people's profiles.

It's just a way make your preferences made known in a direct way that loads of others do, so it's not rude ... right? Right??

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

Lu

Congratulations do you want a gold star?"

I know what you mean, but there genuinely are people on here who find that concept a bit tricky!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It would get my hackles to to. There's better ways to word your preferences.

The only thing I really expect is good hygeine, that should go without saying!

over a year ago

Can't say it bothers us but like you said it's preference. However I do kind of see how it can come across as rude from reading people's replies on here, not that I've ever seen it like that but it does make sense.

We just have "We're both clean shaven and prefer to have the same in return (don't mind well trimmed)"

Her x

over a year ago

"I demand an IQ of at least 200, the ability for the applicant to perform the full yogic lotus position and at least boast one Michelin star..... "

Damn, only two out of three ...

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I don’t use the words “I expect” about it, but I do make it clear that anyone I’m going to meet needs to acquaint themselves with a toothbrush and soap and water before the meet. It is an expectation, I just don’t use those specific words. I also think it’s an absolutely fair thing to expect!

over a year ago

Lu

I agree with this. The 'expect' would put me off.

I think that putting it ‘softly’ or ‘politely’ gives some readers the impression that it’s a soft preference. “I expect” comes across harsher, admittedly but certainly stronger and says “this is what I want. Not a soft preference but a must.” It’s not wishy washy.

Nothing wrong with that. They’re not arranging to meet a lifetime partner but someone who is a ‘fantasy’ for a while."

Fair point about the soft vs must.

It would put me off anyway. Even if I met their criteria.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Most people aren’t honest with themselves. It’s too much to expect them to be honest with you

over a year ago

"I don’t use the words “I expect” about it, but I do make it clear that anyone I’m going to meet needs to acquaint themselves with a toothbrush and soap and water before the meet. It is an expectation, I just don’t use those specific words. I also think it’s an absolutely fair thing to expect!"

Apparently it's unusual for men to wash. I've lost count of the number of men who gleefully tell me they will have a shower before our meet. "So they smell nice".

over a year ago

Lu

Congratulations do you want a gold star?"

You say that but I do remember a fairly... "pongy" meet

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"So, reading through some profiles, as you do, and I see a lot of 'I do this, I expect the same of any meets'.

Is it just me (I hate that phrase lol) that just says no!

Particularly if it's yo do with personal grooming. 'I'm shaved and I expect you to be aswell'

Errrr you can chuff off sunshine.

I know, I know it's. A preference and people can choose who they meet and how they meet etc etc, it just made me laugh how a profile can be quite appealing until they tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my public hair, for instance (yes, again I know I have a choice not to meet them if I don't want to shave.....) "

But that FAB is, the difficult challenge of finding two (or more) people with matching specifications? So often the case you find something promising and then they go and spoil it all by saying something like....

To be fair I think get what you mean in terms of attitude. There's one thing to say this is what I like, this is what I don't like. It's another thing saying in an entitled way I expect you to be/do this as if other ways are disgusting or not valid.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"I don’t use the words “I expect” about it, but I do make it clear that anyone I’m going to meet needs to acquaint themselves with a toothbrush and soap and water before the meet. It is an expectation, I just don’t use those specific words. I also think it’s an absolutely fair thing to expect!

Apparently it's unusual for men to wash. I've lost count of the number of men who gleefully tell me they will have a shower before our meet. "So they smell nice". "

See to all those doubters on here there are a few good men about.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I don’t use the words “I expect” about it, but I do make it clear that anyone I’m going to meet needs to acquaint themselves with a toothbrush and soap and water before the meet. It is an expectation, I just don’t use those specific words. I also think it’s an absolutely fair thing to expect!

Apparently it's unusual for men to wash. I've lost count of the number of men who gleefully tell me they will have a shower before our meet. "So they smell nice". "

But surely that's just saying.... I'll be squeeky clean, smell great, make an effort for meeting you.? Isn't that a good thing?

I mean reading these threads would imply that a fairly significant portion of men have poor self hygiene? Having played a lot of team sports over the years and en countered many men... I've never noticed it... But is it really that big of a problem? I'm kind of incredulous to think that people are not clean let alone when they are trying to get up close and personal with someone.

over a year ago

When I see the words "and expects the same" I have visions of someone standing upon an ivory tower, shouting down instructions on how to assemble the collection of wood at the bottom to make a ladder to reach them.

I'm a man. I never read instructions

over a year ago

Apparently it's unusual for men to wash. I've lost count of the number of men who gleefully tell me they will have a shower before our meet. "So they smell nice".

See to all those doubters on here there are a few good men about."

There's lots of good men.

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

Fortunately I’ve only met one who seemed unfamiliar with the shower, but that’s why I realised it’s not a given and decided I had to mention it in my profile.

over a year ago

But surely that's just saying.... I'll be squeeky clean, smell great, make an effort for meeting you.? Isn't that a good thing?

I mean reading these threads would imply that a fairly significant portion of men have poor self hygiene? Having played a lot of team sports over the years and en countered many men... I've never noticed it... But is it really that big of a problem? I'm kind of incredulous to think that people are not clean let alone when they are trying to get up close and personal with someone. "

I've not met stinky men to be fair. Good point. Just find it really weird they need to point out they will have a wash.

Lucky me, their cock won't smell of sweat, piss and cheese.

Post new Message to Thread