Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

pussy problems

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have just had a lovely cuddle with my beloved cat, he's a rescue and only just coming out of himself, and I've found I've got puffy red eyes and I'm wheezing. Does anyone have any advice, other than getting rid of him, as to what to do or take?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Anti-histamines. You're allergic. Oh, and wash your hands after petting him. Doesn't always work but better than nothing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Anti-histamines/ maybe piriton non-drowsy. xx

over a year ago

Thank you, I'm so proud of him for being brave but my eyes are awful!!

over a year ago

how long have you had the cat for?

over a year ago

if he is a long haired puss you may be affected more. wear rubber gloves when grooming him, they help to gather the hairs and you can then rinse them off and lessen the fur/dander issue, but you will still need to protect your eyes and breathing with medication.

over a year ago

All of the above and Hoover regularly, you probably do anyway but they moult for fun I'm sure of it! And don't let her on the bed x

By *af90Man
over a year ago

Anywhere in the South West

My advice would be to shave it and have it stuffed...sorry, wrong thread!

over a year ago

Asda do a pack of 14 non drowsy tablets for a £1

One of the a day will make a big difference x

over a year ago

"if he is a long haired puss you may be affected more. wear rubber gloves when grooming him, they help to gather the hairs and you can then rinse them off and lessen the fur/dander issue, but you will still need to protect your eyes and breathing with medication."

He's a tabby, I'm also latex allergic so I can't wear rubber gloves. Nightmare.

over a year ago

"how long have you had the cat for?"

About 6 months but he's been very slowly coming out of his shell.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/08/12 23:51:04]

over a year ago

does he go outside? could it be possible that he has been in plants or flowers that your allergic to?

By *istress ValeporcaCouple
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Immac...that would solve the problem:P safe to use on pussies lol x

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

According to one theory its the saliva not the dander that some people are allergic to.

So close contact with fur will get a stronger reaction than simply sharing a house - the cat grooms then you handle the cat...

As the owner of two double coated cats I have friends who can't even walk through my front door

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i have fluffy cat, im not allegic but when she shed terribly the other it war murde

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

i have fluffy cat, im not allegic but when she shed terribly the other it war murde

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Dump the cat they are horrible little fu**kers

over a year ago

I suggest putting a crisp packet over the cats head! Although totally useless for allergies, will give you some light entertainment watching the cat walk round the house backwards when your feeling unwell.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"According to one theory its the saliva not the dander that some people are allergic to.

So close contact with fur will get a stronger reaction than simply sharing a house - the cat grooms then you handle the cat...

As the owner of two double coated cats I have friends who can't even walk through my front door "

What's dander, no idea?

over a year ago

"I suggest putting a crisp packet over the cats head! Although totally useless for allergies, will give you some light entertainment watching the cat walk round the house backwards when your feeling unwell. "

Can we not take the mickey out of my poor piss cat. He's very special to me!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/08/12 00:26:12]

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Some people aren't pussy lovers unfortunately, strange for a swinging site eh?

I can only add try the anti-histamines and well done with bringing a rescue cat out of his shell.....my wee rescue boy I've had 2 years and he's the most gorgeous, loving little man ever, even when he nips me on the nose, turns round and sticks his arse in me face - honestly, reminds me of my marriage ......my older girlie is amazing too, even when she's giving young Zac a good kicking.....good luck xxx

over a year ago

His new thing is to headbutt me but if I get this reaction whenever we have a snuggle I'm not going to be able to snuggle. My eyes have gotten worse and my nose is very funny!

over a year ago

"Have just had a lovely cuddle with my beloved cat, he's a rescue and only just coming out of himself, and I've found I've got puffy red eyes and I'm wheezing. Does anyone have any advice, other than getting rid of him, as to what to do or take? "

Firstly good for you for taking on a rescue cat as most would go for kittens. Secondly antihistamines as mentioned are your first options or go to your doctor for allergy tests.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I will admit to having "Pussy Problems", but only when the cat brings in an unexpected gift and leaves it where you would least expect to see it.

over a year ago

"I will admit to having "Pussy Problems", but only when the cat brings in an unexpected gift and leaves it where you would least expect to see it. "

Not rabbits I hope

over a year ago

maybe he got some of his mates to pink-eye u in ur sleep, as revenge for getting his balls cut off!-cats are spiteful sometimes..mine is, but shes a girl and only spiteful during her monthly phantoms

over a year ago

His nuts were off when I got him!! Poor little baby, I had to shoo him away just now.

over a year ago

"His nuts were off when I got him!! Poor little baby, I had to shoo him away just now. "

u just shoed ur cat....RSPCA being contacted now

over a year ago

Haha not shoed shood!! He's currently curled up on my mum's bed. He's got a king sized bed to himself.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I will admit to having "Pussy Problems", but only when the cat brings in an unexpected gift and leaves it where you would least expect to see it.

Not rabbits I hope "

My Border Collie brought in one along with pigeons, a jar of fish bait, next door neighbour's little girl's red rompersuit then after being told off for being a kleptomaniac returned one day with a garden Gnome

Post new Message to Thread