Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Toothache.

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Have got the most horrendous toothache and am counting down the hours until I can ring the dentist tomorrow.

Nurofen isn't really touching it. Any tips on how to make it through the night?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Warm saltwater rinses and deep breaths hope you get it sorted fast x

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Codeine. Oil of cloves us supposed to help.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Scotch,swirl around the offending tooth,then swallow,repeat untill either pain disappears,or you pass out

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

Find a late night chemist and get some cocodamol. Alternatively choice is clove oil

over a year ago

"Have got the most horrendous toothache and am counting down the hours until I can ring the dentist tomorrow.

Nurofen isn't really touching it. Any tips on how to make it through the night?! "

Do you have any pharmacy shop open near you?

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Ugh so sorry its a horrible pain. Cocodomol is all that helps me.

over a year ago

I have this pain down the whole right side of my face. I'm not sure if it's toothache or earache. All I know is that it's killing me. Maybe alcohol will cure it hehe.

over a year ago

evesham

"Warm saltwater rinses and deep breaths hope you get it sorted fast x"

I'm taking myself away to a dark.room and doing some deep breathing exercises in the hope that it may let the drugs kick in.

Dentist on speed dial in the morning. Even checked the emergency dental surgery and.they don't open until 9am tomorrow.

over a year ago

Help me make it through the night...

So that’s what Gladys Knight was singing about.

Toothache!

Who knew?

over a year ago

evesham

"Have got the most horrendous toothache and am counting down the hours until I can ring the dentist tomorrow.

Nurofen isn't really touching it. Any tips on how to make it through the night?!

Do you have any pharmacy shop open near you?"

Think boots might have a night pharmacy.

over a year ago

Nurofen isn't really touching it. Any tips on how to make it through the night?! "

Had this recently if you have aspirin take them if you can hope you get better soon x

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

I seen something advertised on a bus shelter for toothache today but can’t for the live of me remember what it’s called.

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Orajel ! That’s it, rapid toothache relief

over a year ago

Think boots might have a night pharmacy. "

You have a message

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Think boots might have a night pharmacy. "

Tyrozets, they taste like the dentist's smells (if you can get them on a Sunday evening that is)

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"Orajel ! That’s it, rapid toothache relief "

I've used this in the past, it does help a bit to take edge off

over a year ago

evesham

Fucking fuck. No pharmacy open in evesham. Although the nurofen seem to be kicking in. I think eating a banana helped lol

over a year ago

Oh poor you! X

Have you tried a cold compress or ice pack against your cheek (not directly on the gum)?

It may help to numb it slightly, and get you through the night?

Good luck OP x

over a year ago

You can alternate ibuorofen and paracetamol every 2hours because they are different drugs. Short term at least.

over a year ago

"Fucking fuck. No pharmacy open in evesham. Although the nurofen seem to be kicking in. I think eating a banana helped lol "

Even taking parecetamol you still have to try eat something for tablets to work they won’t work on empty stomach x

over a year ago

Bonjella might help.

I remember getting it for the kids when they were teething from a spar type shop late at night.

over a year ago

evesham

"Fucking fuck. No pharmacy open in evesham. Although the nurofen seem to be kicking in. I think eating a banana helped lol

Even taking parecetamol you still have to try eat something for tablets to work they won’t work on empty stomach x"

Have ya seen me.... My stomach is rarely empty

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Oraljel and cocodamol

over a year ago

evesham

"Bonjella might help.

I remember getting it for the kids when they were teething from a spar type shop late at night."

Oooh late night garage. Good thought

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Sorry didn’t see no access to a chemist.

By *ug2334Man
over a year ago

newmarket

Get paracetamol and break it up and put on tooth and around the tooth should help

X

over a year ago

I had an abscess earlier in the year and the following helped me....

- Alternating panadol and ibuprofen, so I could take a painkiller once every 3 hours. I would take cocodamol but it makes me sick.

- Ice pack wrapped in a teatowel and pressed against my face.

- Orajel on the offending area really helped, especially first thing on the morning when waiting for pain killers to kick in.

- Audiobooks on all the time and hugging a vibrator to keep your attention away from the pain. Works a bit like a tens machine as a sensory distraction.

over a year ago

Anbesol, worked wonders when my wisdom teeth were coming through. It numbs the whole area, like bonjella for grown ups

By *-man24Man
over a year ago

northwest

You need to get some Orajel in it’s about 6£ but well worth it having in your medicine cupboard honesty hits the spot I believe there’s only one pain worse and must be being in Labour I’m still get earache 15 years later ps sending good vibes for you ????

By *lassyandkinkyCouple
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Some good suggestions here. I hope it eases for you OP, toothache is horrid.

over a year ago

If you have or can get some Sensodyne Repair and Protect toothpaste and smear a lot of it over the affected tooth. It helped me last week until I could get to the dentist have mine out

over a year ago

Is better op

over a year ago

How about a hot water bottle or heated wheat bag on the painful side? That helped me when I had an infected wisdom tooth. I preferred it to a cold pack. Do hope you get an appointment tomorrow asap.

over a year ago

"Fucking fuck. No pharmacy open in evesham. Although the nurofen seem to be kicking in. I think eating a banana helped lol "

ouch, feel for you op

maybe rotate between ibuprofen and paracetamol so you can take the next lot before the first lot wear off and then you don’t have the period where you wait for it to work

over a year ago

Rum on the gum!

It works!

over a year ago

Guess it worked then have pain free evening op x

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

If you have soluble co-codamol or paracetamol try it in lute warm water sip and swill it around the aching tooth that seems to work for me.

John

And make sure you dentist gives you an appointment before 2:30

over a year ago

Cramp body can only feel pain in one place at a time give your self cramp in your toes and it will take the pain away from the tooth for a minute or 2 till the cramp wares off little brake from one pain can help a lot

By *hilMan
over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

worth trying DIY acupressure have a look at youtube videos

hope this helps give you some relief

By *ushtakerMan
over a year ago

Preston

If it’s a swollen gum causing the pain the warm salt water will reduce the inflammation every 20 mins swill round spit out

If it tooth causing pain then sensadine toothpaste from all night supermarket plus pain killers will work

Or distraction therapy

Relax deep breathing focus pain out

Been there only have 1 tooth left now xxx

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I have this pain down the whole right side of my face. I'm not sure if it's toothache or earache. All I know is that it's killing me. Maybe alcohol will cure it hehe."

It might also be the unmitigated joy that is trigeminal neuralgia. I thought I had toothache at the back end of last year and managed to get an appointment. Dentist told me that I had TN and I needed to see the Dr. STILL haven't been able to get an appointment.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I found rubbing sensodine toothpaste onto the gums and tooth helped

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Use a children’s syringe to put calpol on it.

By *icola2202Couple
over a year ago

Chatham

Sometime brushing it helps but it could make it worst

Is it a infection or does the tooth have a hole

Infection apart from hitting some pills ain’t much u can do

If it’s a hole brush it and try filling the hole with gum or blue tac sounds strange but it works

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I’ve been suffering with horrendous toothache for over a week now, so I literally feel your pain! Went to the dentist on Monday, and he couldn’t find anything wrong, just told me to “let it develop”! To be fair, he didn’t want to just pull out teeth willy-nilly which I agreed with. Ibuprofen is the way forward (anti-inflammatory), with paracetamol piggybacks about an hour and a half afterwards

I think my issue has been sinus related, and have tried a decongestant this evening which has worked amazingly

over a year ago

Sensodyne toothpaste rubbed onto the tooth

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I keep a little supply of tramadol and amiltryptyline just for bad tooth or back ache , it’s the only thing that does it

over a year ago

evesham

"Is better op "

After a fitful night's sleep of an hour here or there my body finally seemed to recognise the painkillers at about 4am to give me a fairly decent amount of sleep.

Waiting for the dentist to open now.

Thanks for everyone's tips. Will certainly get some oragel in on case it happens again

over a year ago

Tie the tooth to a door

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Oil of Cloves works well.

over a year ago

evesham

"Oil of Cloves works well."

Tried that once. Vile stuff lol

over a year ago

evesham

It's gone! It was loose and apparently the nice weather makes. It all expand or something.

Got prescribed no gym tonight and ice cream.... Yay!

over a year ago

Oragel from any supermarket

Best pain relief for dental pain

over a year ago

"It's gone! It was loose and apparently the nice weather makes. It all expand or something.

Got prescribed no gym tonight and ice cream.... Yay! "

excellent news

By *artyanna16200TV/TS
over a year ago

leeds

If you get a chance try to get some oral b toothpaste , then give your gums a real scrub , it may help reseal them and stop the toothache .

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Clove oil and mouthwash x

By *aggy dollsCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

Orajel from asda, it's like bonjela but it contains that stuff that dentists numb your gum with before they stab you with the good stuff.

Mr H.

over a year ago

evesham

"Orajel from asda, it's like bonjela but it contains that stuff that dentists numb your gum with before they stab you with the good stuff.

Mr H."

Wait.... They are meant to numb your gum first?! Don't think they did that lol got 3 bloody injections though as there are 3 nerves to the wisdom teeth

By *aggy dollsCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

"Orajel from asda, it's like bonjela but it contains that stuff that dentists numb your gum with before they stab you with the good stuff.

Mr H.

Wait.... They are meant to numb your gum first?! Don't think they did that lol got 3 bloody injections though as there are 3 nerves to the wisdom teeth "

Yeah they usually put a paste on first with the cotton marshmallows they give you

Mr H.

over a year ago

"Codeine. Oil of cloves us supposed to help."

And it does...

over a year ago

evesham

Mr H.

Wait.... They are meant to numb your gum first?! Don't think they did that lol got 3 bloody injections though as there are 3 nerves to the wisdom teeth

Yeah they usually put a paste on first with the cotton marshmallows they give you

Mr H."

Oh maybe they did then, I was doing breathing exercises to take my mind off the injections lol.

By *aggy dollsCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

Mr H.

Mr H.

Oh maybe they did then, I was doing breathing exercises to take my mind off the injections lol. "

I'm not keen on the marshmallows they dont taste anything like the ones at morrisons

Mr H.

Post new Message to Thread