Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Finding memories

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good evening fabsters i hope youve all had a great weekend.

Today ive had another clothing clearout and going through my wardrobe i found a awesome harris t blazer id forgot i had.

I tried it on and found a little peach thong in the pocket.. i remember the last time i wore it was in manchester with my xfwb, she slipped them off and placed them in my pocket it took me back afew years to some amazing memories.

Have you found anything recently out of the blue that filled you with smiles?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I keep all of my weekend away hotel cards with written moments on them, its nice to spend some time remembering

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a thing. Looking up at the sky today filled with ripples of clouds. Reminded me of a certain beach after a tide. And how happy I was there.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

My mum gave me lots of old pics from her attic last week. Many of my teenage years and happy family holidays when my dad and grandparents were alive.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Weirdly yes... decided to sort my dreaded under stairs room of doom today and found an old photo of my old restaurant team and a lovely couple who hired us out for his 70th birthday. The lady has recently passed away so was pretty poignant. They were really happy days. I miss my wonderful team.

over a year ago

"I keep all of my weekend away hotel cards with written moments on them, its nice to spend some time remembering"

Thats lovely

over a year ago

"Not a thing. Looking up at the sky today filled with ripples of clouds. Reminded me of a certain beach after a tide. And how happy I was there. "

If it made you smile thats all that matters

over a year ago

I cleared the loft out a few weeks ago - the last real room / space I had to tackle in the last year. Found a load of high school stuff (anyone remember their 'Record of Achievement'? )

I realised I'd drifted apart from most of my high school mates when flicking through the photos in that box, so reached out to a few. Hoping to meet up with a few over summer when lockdown allows - it'll be the first time in 12/13 years for some of us. I was lucky that a lot of time in high school was brilliant for us.

over a year ago

"My mum gave me lots of old pics from her attic last week. Many of my teenage years and happy family holidays when my dad and grandparents were alive."

I love old pictures and videos, i was only talking about this yesterday that kids growing up now dont have the joy of photo albums to flick through. Or those scetchy videos of being a child in control of the cam corder on holiday or at christmas. Everything now is so posed and "instaperfect" ive decided im getting a Polaroid and starting a photo album

over a year ago

"Weirdly yes... decided to sort my dreaded under stairs room of doom today and found an old photo of my old restaurant team and a lovely couple who hired us out for his 70th birthday. The lady has recently passed away so was pretty poignant. They were really happy days. I miss my wonderful team. "

thats lovely

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I found a scratch card that I won £2 on. It reminded me of the time I won £2 on a scratch card

over a year ago

"I cleared the loft out a few weeks ago - the last real room / space I had to tackle in the last year. Found a load of high school stuff (anyone remember their 'Record of Achievement'? )

I realised I'd drifted apart from most of my high school mates when flicking through the photos in that box, so reached out to a few. Hoping to meet up with a few over summer when lockdown allows - it'll be the first time in 12/13 years for some of us. I was lucky that a lot of time in high school was brilliant for us."

Yes i remember those, im always envious of those that have school reunions, i was always the geek that got bullied and never had girlfriends so wouldnt really be interested in meeting old school acquaintances. So life for me started during college years and have afew great memories

over a year ago

"I found a scratch card that I won £2 on. It reminded me of the time I won £2 on a scratch card "

£2 closer to getting that jetski

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I cleared the loft out a few weeks ago - the last real room / space I had to tackle in the last year. Found a load of high school stuff (anyone remember their 'Record of Achievement'? )

I realised I'd drifted apart from most of my high school mates when flicking through the photos in that box, so reached out to a few. Hoping to meet up with a few over summer when lockdown allows - it'll be the first time in 12/13 years for some of us. I was lucky that a lot of time in high school was brilliant for us.

Yes i remember those, im always envious of those that have school reunions, i was always the geek that got bullied and never had girlfriends so wouldnt really be interested in meeting old school acquaintances. So life for me started during college years and have afew great memories "

Awwww Gatsby, that's sad.

Working in the vaccine clinic today and hearing the reminiscing of the older folks reminded me so much of my Grandparents

over a year ago

"Not a thing. Looking up at the sky today filled with ripples of clouds. Reminded me of a certain beach after a tide. And how happy I was there.

If it made you smile thats all that matters "

Never too many reasons to smile no matter how trivial.

over a year ago

Yes i remember those, im always envious of those that have school reunions, i was always the geek that got bullied and never had girlfriends so wouldnt really be interested in meeting old school acquaintances. So life for me started during college years and have afew great memories "

its rubbish when people have a time like that at school I don't think we would have a full year reunion as we had our fair share of idiots, but the group of 12-15 of us who grew really close will hopefully get some catch up time together.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"I found a scratch card that I won £2 on. It reminded me of the time I won £2 on a scratch card

£2 closer to getting that jetski "

I’ll come pick you up the minute I get it. Just make your way to the coast and have enough vinos until you trust me with a jet ski

over a year ago

I was clearing behind the TV, and on the floor behind, found a little card a friend had written to me a while ago when I was going through a difficult time, the words were just so kind and thoughtful, and made me feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend made me smile and feel very loved

over a year ago

Yes i remember those, im always envious of those that have school reunions, i was always the geek that got bullied and never had girlfriends so wouldnt really be interested in meeting old school acquaintances. So life for me started during college years and have afew great memories

Working in the vaccine clinic today and hearing the reminiscing of the older folks reminded me so much of my Grandparents "

dont you love just listening to old timer storys

over a year ago

"I found a scratch card that I won £2 on. It reminded me of the time I won £2 on a scratch card

£2 closer to getting that jetski

I’ll come pick you up the minute I get it. Just make your way to the coast and have enough vinos until you trust me with a jet ski "

Deal

over a year ago

"I was clearing behind the TV, and on the floor behind, found a little card a friend had written to me a while ago when I was going through a difficult time, the words were just so kind and thoughtful, and made me feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend made me smile and feel very loved "

Things like that should be kept in a positive box for when your going through a low day

over a year ago

I found some old School books of my sons when clearing out.

Loving reading some of the pages.

There was a list of things my boy didn't like including;

His brother

School

Honda Cars*

*This made me laugh because his last 3 cars have been Honda Civics, he loves his Hondas

over a year ago

I've got far too many books and I'm always putting both special and random things in between the pages- cards,tickets,receipts, letters, dried flowers, cuttings, etc. When I take down a book I've not read for a while it will contain three or four random memory triggers that always make me smile or reminisce.

over a year ago

"I was clearing behind the TV, and on the floor behind, found a little card a friend had written to me a while ago when I was going through a difficult time, the words were just so kind and thoughtful, and made me feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend made me smile and feel very loved

Things like that should be kept in a positive box for when your going through a low day "

That's a really lovely idea, I'm going to make one of those

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Working in the vaccine clinic today and hearing the reminiscing of the older folks reminded me so much of my Grandparents

dont you love just listening to old timer storys "

I'm absolutely loving working at the vaccine clinics, in a 4hr shift, I meet people from so many different backgrounds and it's so very interesting!

over a year ago

Trying to find storage space for all the nerf guns in the spare bedroom today, I found a box of little shoes from when the kids were tiny. They're so small and adorable and made my heart swell and my eyes tear up

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

A diary I wrote when I was 15.

over a year ago

"I keep all of my weekend away hotel cards with written moments on them, its nice to spend some time remembering"

That’s a cool idea! I may pinch it as something to put in my memory box. Yes I know that sounds super geeky but I love keeping memories or things to trigger memories.

Post new Message to Thread