Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

STI Testing when not playing

Jump to newest

By *oam_Shrimps OP   Couple
over a year ago

Babcary (ish)

We both get tested every 3-4 months, always have even though we always insist on condoms. Even though we haven't played with others for the last year we have still continued to do the tests, just wondered if anyone else still gets tested when not playing??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always get a test before I play with someone new and insist on condoms too. That's just me though. X

over a year ago

"We both get tested every 3-4 months, always have even though we always insist on condoms. Even though we haven't played with others for the last year we have still continued to do the tests, just wondered if anyone else still gets tested when not playing??"

Why?

over a year ago

yep, every three months regardless of what (or who) i am/am not doing

Px

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"yep, every three months regardless of what (or who) i am/am not doing

Px "

Same

By *ear in the chairMan
over a year ago

Godstone

Px "

Why? This isn't meant offensively but if you got tested 3 months into the 1st lockdown. Then haven't played since, is it then just habit?

Just seems a bit of a waste of NHS resource.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Before I settled down with my ex it was every 3 months

over a year ago

Babcary (ish)

It is just routine for us, tests are posted to us and as it is a service offered to everyone we don't belive it is a waste of money/resource. Our first test in lockdown (Apr 20) we had played with others so did it as normal, then at end of Jun 20 we tested again thinking we'd be playing a few weeks later but it didn't happen, we were out and about in Oct 20 trying to get a meet so tested but meets never panned out, so in Mar 21 we did chat about 'why' if we hadn't met but did it anyhow, more I guess from habit/peace of mind, don't know, hence our question to see others views

over a year ago

Babcary (ish)

......first test in lockdown (Apr 20) we had played with others [since our last test!] so did it as normal......

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've switched to every 6 months for now. If I go back to playing later in the year I'd go back to every 6 to 8 weeks

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

There must be hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted every year on hypothetical peace of minds

R

over a year ago

"There must be hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted every year on hypothetical peace of minds

R"

over a year ago

Px

Why? This isn't meant offensively but if you got tested 3 months into the 1st lockdown. Then haven't played since, is it then just habit?

Just seems a bit of a waste of NHS resource."

but folk don’t see the bill that they didn’t pick up the tab for so its “free”

over a year ago

Px

but folk don’t see the bill that they didn’t pick up the tab for so its “free” "

lol

who said anything about 'free'?

i pay for the testing i want done, as and when i want it.

I'll pick up my own tab ta

over a year ago

Px

but folk don’t see the bill that they didn’t pick up the tab for so its “free”

lol

who said anything about 'free'?

i pay for the testing i want done, as and when i want it.

I'll pick up my own tab ta "

take a poll on here of who is paying for their std tests and i think you will find you are in a tiny minority , unless its because a free option is not currently available to them in lockdown

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 18:19:44]

over a year ago

"I get my tests sent to me .then send back samples to them results within a week. Great service havent had sex since jan last year still get tested."

over a year ago

I pay for mine. I just feel its one less thing the NHS needs to pay for as my screwing is voluntary. Someone getting COVID or cancer is not. That's just me though.x

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I don’t see the point of getting tested if I’m mostly never nearer than two metres from anyone.

I do get tested when I’m active though.

over a year ago

"We both get tested every 3-4 months, always have even though we always insist on condoms. Even though we haven't played with others for the last year we have still continued to do the tests, just wondered if anyone else still gets tested when not playing??"

Even if I am not sexual active at all!

Some sti/std's can take time to show on tests, which is why I still get tested, even when I'm not active, also condoms don't prevent only reduce the risks. So testing is very important to me.

over a year ago

Also I personally think it would be more money in treating STD and STI's, than testing if they are there. The sooner you know the sooner you can prevent spread. I would feel completely devastated if I passed something on, knowing a test sooner could have saved someone's health.

By *nocencioMan
over a year ago

Surrey

I do. If anything for peace of mind for myself and anyone I meet but completely it’s personal choice.

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

It's incredibly wise to keep the regime up even when your not playing or when your being careful ..it's very easy to to become slack in this very important part of the lifestyle

I had my test results last week as part of my 6 weekly check via post even though id only played with a regular couple and one other lady

The message I'm trying to say is keep the regime up play or no play

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

We test every 3 months without fail. No matter if we've played or not. I maybe wrong in thinking that if we play then test next day, it may not pick up somthing if it's newly developing. And belive if something pops up, it's easier to treat sooner rather than later.

We use SH24, really quick easy and free. It'a online, quick text. Post arrives, you test and pop back in post. Results within a fee days.

You can test for HIV too. Its just a pin pick to finger. So easy and no excuses really not to test.

Unless you have to hide your post.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"We both get tested every 3-4 months, always have even though we always insist on condoms. Even though we haven't played with others for the last year we have still continued to do the tests, just wondered if anyone else still gets tested when not playing??

Even if I am not sexual active at all!

Some sti/std's can take time to show on tests, which is why I still get tested, even when I'm not active, also condoms don't prevent only reduce the risks. So testing is very important to me. "

Some don’t even show up on tests like herpes and hpv

Post new Message to Thread