Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Boris's trip to India

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Is Boris sending out the wrong message to the UK's citizens be arranging a trip to the Indian subcontinent at this time.

India currently has a rampant rate of infection and, in a country with a vast rural population, I strongly suspect that the actual level of Covid-19 is significantly higher than what is officially being reported.

I appreciate that Indian and British companies already do a lot of business, but would videoconferencing not have been a more appropriate means of communication, at least until such time as herd immunity is achieved by mass vaccination in both countries.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haven't you heard.. rules don't apply to politicians. Also, giving out the wrong message is Boris's speciality

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wonder if he has a new Jennifer Accuri 'accompanying' him.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

He needs them to ramp up the AZ vaccine production as well as trade deals. He doesn't want to rock the boat I suspect. I am not justifying it just trying to understand why especially with the mutant strain doing the rounds in India

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Is Boris sending out the wrong message to the UK's citizens be arranging a trip to the Indian subcontinent at this time.

India currently has a rampant rate of infection and, in a country with a vast rural population, I strongly suspect that the actual level of Covid-19 is significantly higher than what is officially being reported.

I appreciate that Indian and British companies already do a lot of business, but would videoconferencing not have been a more appropriate means of communication, at least until such time as herd immunity is achieved by mass vaccination in both countries."

I'm not sure if Boris is on this site and has

read this thread, but he has wisely taken the decision to cancel his trip to India!

Post new Message to Thread