Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

95%-5% reply ratio..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The 95% being ignored lol..! Anyone else feel like that?? (I’m a real person ladies)! Get a bit of faith about ya’s

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Happens to us all. I do try and reply to everyone that takes the time to message. Even if it is a polite no thank you.

over a year ago

I appreciate that, but when I send about 100 messages and don’t get one reply I wonder why I’m on here lol!

over a year ago

obviously we have a couple profile but from what I've heard it's difficult for single men. We blocked single men early on as some of the messages we got were ridiculous. The minority make it difficult for the decent guys i think

over a year ago

Yh that pretty much explains it in a sentence babe.. too many little shits about lol x

over a year ago

Sad fact eh? Would you really want to meet someone that never took the time to reply anyway? Nah, I wouldn't bother about them. Chin up xx

over a year ago

Na 100% babe I wouldn’t lose sleep over silly ness like that it just winds me up the thought of what they’d actually think if they took 5 minutes lol..! How can I private message if you don’t mind me asking?

over a year ago

Someone will take 5 minutes though and that's the kinda person that's worth speaking too.

Haha we can't the way both our settings are set. My chat is shite anyway lol

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

OP. It's the law of averages I'm afraid.

There are hundreds of guys all seeking the same thing, but then a lot of ladies receive hundreds of messages each day.

For them, they cannot be expected to view let alone answer each one.

Look at the site rules. It says that no answer generally means the recipient of you message isn't interested.

You just move on!

Plus, you've only been on for 4 months, and competing against a pandemic, during which, a lot of people aren't responding!

Give it time; it can take guys a year to get a reply.

over a year ago

I Agree fully..! And disagree about your chat being shiteee ?? lol! Change your settings and message me!

over a year ago

No chance! If I open those flood gates I'll get a hundred pished horny men send me ridiculous messages or just dick pics. Take note boys, they all look the same. Will not be impressed by your penis unless it does tricks or wearing a mini sombrero

over a year ago

I appreciate the heads up mate, and I weren’t saying I haven’t had a reply lol I was just saying the ratio it feels like as I’m my sent messages to received messages..!

over a year ago

I’m gonna make a mini sombrero babe lol??

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 03:34:21]

over a year ago

A dude that makes an effort, hope the women of fab are seeing this! Lol

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"I Agree fully..! And disagree about your chat being shiteee ?? lol! Change your settings and message me!"

Tip! If you want to respond to any particular post, click on the Reply + quote link, and it will deal direct.

Plus, it's unfair to ask people to change their settings to suit you. We all have our preferences and stick to them.

over a year ago

More than likely not lol we’re back on the same reason as the start of the chat??

over a year ago

"I Agree fully..! And disagree about your chat being shiteee ?? lol! Change your settings and message me!

Tip! If you want to respond to any particular post, click on the Reply + quote link, and it will deal direct.

Plus, it's unfair to ask people to change their settings to suit you. We all have our preferences and stick to them."

You’re the man mate.. I wouldn’t of had a clue if you didn’t tell me that..!????

over a year ago

"I Agree fully..! And disagree about your chat being shiteee ?? lol! Change your settings and message me!

Plus, it's unfair to ask people to change their settings to suit you. We all have our preferences and stick to them."

My preference would be a Tom Hardy and Ruby Rose sandwich but that ain't gonna happen lol

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"More than likely not lol we’re back on the same reason as the start of the chat??"

Just a thought, as outlined by someone else already, a good profile gets results.

Your success will increase by the amount of your input, not by sending out masses of messages. Look at your profile and its content compared to other guys who are successful.

Look at your profile from a female's point of view - would she be interested in you, with how your profile has been put together.

By *eyboard123456Man
over a year ago

shirebrook

95% fake profile to 5% real tbf

over a year ago

Plus, it's unfair to ask people to change their settings to suit you. We all have our preferences and stick to them.

My preference would be a Tom Hardy and Ruby Rose sandwich but that ain't gonna happen lol"

Well I can be Tom hardy you can be ruby rose and whoever’s lucky enough can be the filling babe ?? we’ve got the ingredients..!

over a year ago

"95% fake profile to 5% real tbf "

100% fact

over a year ago

"More than likely not lol we’re back on the same reason as the start of the chat??

Just a thought, as outlined by someone else already, a good profile gets results.

Your success will increase by the amount of your input, not by sending out masses of messages. Look at your profile and its content compared to other guys who are successful.

Look at your profile from a female's point of view - would she be interested in you, with how your profile has been put together.

"

what he says. I always read the profile.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"95% fake profile to 5% real tbf

100% fact"

Only fact in your mind, not with the majority on here!

over a year ago

My preference would be a Tom Hardy and Ruby Rose sandwich but that ain't gonna happen lol

Well I can be Tom hardy you can be ruby rose and whoever’s lucky enough can be the filling babe ?? we’ve got the ingredients..!"

Mate, no offence but there's only one Tom Hardy. Ruby Rose I ain't, definitely not cool enough to pull that off!

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Well I can be Tom hardy you can be ruby rose and whoever’s lucky enough can be the filling babe ?? we’ve got the ingredients..!

Mate, no offence but there's only one Tom Hardy. Ruby Rose I ain't, definitely not cool enough to pull that off!"

Oh, he's disappeared! Round two another time perhaps?

over a year ago

Mate, no offence but there's only one Tom Hardy. Ruby Rose I ain't, definitely not cool enough to pull that off!"

You know the saying(god loves a trier) lol

over a year ago

To be fair I don’t know too much about this app I honestly don’t know what my profile says??

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Mate, no offence but there's only one Tom Hardy. Ruby Rose I ain't, definitely not cool enough to pull that off!

You know the saying(god loves a trier) lol"

Look in the Forum Index for loads of other threads on this topic, for which there is plenty of advice.

over a year ago

You know the saying(god loves a trier) lol"

You've got a wee bit banter about you I'll give you that. Not much of that going on here these days!

over a year ago

Look in the Forum Index for loads of other threads on this topic, for which there is plenty of advice."

Aww you're just a diamond. Wish there was people that pointed out these things when we first joined fab x

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

You've got a wee bit banter about you I'll give you that. Not much of that going on here these days! "

Certainly not at 4am! But we Edinburgh folks (or near enough) have to maintain it!

over a year ago

You've got a wee bit banter about you I'll give you that. Not much of that going on here these days!

Certainly not at 4am! But we Edinburgh folks (or near enough) have to maintain it! "

I've been here at decent o'clock and still no banter. I suppose there's not much to talk about thes days. Someone has to take one for the team, besides I'm an insomniac, its either here or repeats of How I Met Your Mother.

over a year ago

You've got a wee bit banter about you I'll give you that. Not much of that going on here these days! "

Not going out my way to be like that babe..! Just bouncing off the energy I’m being fed lol??! What you up to anyway?

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Certainly not at 4am! But we Edinburgh folks (or near enough) have to maintain it!

I've been here at decent o'clock and still no banter. I suppose there's not much to talk about thes days. Someone has to take one for the team, besides I'm an insomniac, its either here or repeats of How I Met Your Mother."

I am only on here as bad Arthritic pains woke me up & pain meds haven't taken effect yet! So, like a lamb to the slaughter, I logged in!

over a year ago

Not going out my way to be like that babe..! Just bouncing off the energy I’m being fed lol??! What you up to anyway?"

Energy? At 4am? Not from me! Lol Having a mad one, in my jammies, drinking tea, stuffing my face with spicy onion rings and dip, and talking to the dogs like they are human. The same thing everyone else is doing but would never admit to...

over a year ago

I've been here at decent o'clock and still no banter. I suppose there's not much to talk about thes days. Someone has to take one for the team, besides I'm an insomniac, its either here or repeats of How I Met Your Mother.

I am only on here as bad Arthritic pains woke me up & pain meds haven't taken effect yet! So, like a lamb to the slaughter, I logged in!"

It's like a car accident eh? You know you shouldn't look but you do and can't turn away! Sorry you're sore, hope the pain settles.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I am only on here as bad Arthritic pains woke me up & pain meds haven't taken effect yet! So, like a lamb to the slaughter, I logged in!

It's like a car accident eh? You know you shouldn't look but you do and can't turn away! Sorry you're sore, hope the pain settles."

It likely won't go away completely. The knee pain will, but the hands and wrists are usually 6/10 all 24 hours. Just life!

over a year ago

Not going out my way to be like that babe..! Just bouncing off the energy I’m being fed lol??! What you up to anyway?

Energy? At 4am? Not from me! Lol Having a mad one, in my jammies, drinking tea, stuffing my face with spicy onion rings and dip, and talking to the dogs like they are human. The same thing everyone else is doing but would never admit to..."

???????? you’re a legend!!

over a year ago

Energy? At 4am? Not from me! Lol Having a mad one, in my jammies, drinking tea, stuffing my face with spicy onion rings and dip, and talking to the dogs like they are human. The same thing everyone else is doing but would never admit to...

???????? you’re a legend!!"

Nah just honest, not horny or in my sexy lingerie because lockdown sucks, I like eating shite and if I tried to put my lingerie on I'd actually lose a limb or boob because it's that tight. Baffies on, unicorn dressing gown. That's life just now eh?

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Nah just honest, not horny or in my sexy lingerie because lockdown sucks, I like eating shite and if I tried to put my lingerie on I'd actually lose a limb or boob because it's that tight. Baffies on, unicorn dressing gown. That's life just now eh?"

I'm giving up, time to try and sleep for another 3 hours. Have fun!

over a year ago

Nah just honest, not horny or in my sexy lingerie because lockdown sucks, I like eating shite and if I tried to put my lingerie on I'd actually lose a limb or boob because it's that tight. Baffies on, unicorn dressing gown. That's life just now eh?

I'm giving up, time to try and sleep for another 3 hours. Have fun!"

Hope you get a snooze x

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Personally if I was a guy and didn't get many replies I would ask myself is my profile up to much, as a lot of females and couples will read a profile before they even consider replying to a message.

over a year ago

A lot of women and couples block single guys messaging them and go with the “single guys we’ll find you” approach, with that in mind i never send out messages first, if some one happens to like my profile and wants to make contact then they will, it’s pointless adding to the 100s of messages they already get cause you will be lucky and I do mean very lucky if you get a reply.

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

I'm just lucky I was blessed with my cock and fantastic good looks

over a year ago

"The 95% being ignored lol..! Anyone else feel like that?? (I’m a real person ladies)! Get a bit of faith about ya’s "

Then only message the 5% that may be interested

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 07:21:04]

over a year ago

"Personally if I was a guy and didn't get many replies I would ask myself is my profile up to much, as a lot of females and couples will read a profile before they even consider replying to a message."

this too

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

It seems everyone, males join with high expectations. They tend to forget that the site is inundated with others who have done exactly the same thing.

A decent profile will help, not commenting on the ops as I haven't looked, but just generally. Obvious isn't it? Some people are just lazy, couples and singles, put very little in and expect a return on their 'investment'. You get out what you put in. Lower your expectations, in fact have no expectations, then you won't even notice the ratio you speak of.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

First off, look at what you’re sending out.

If you’re sending out to hundreds of people, are you actually attracted to them? Have you tailored your message to their profiles and interests? Have you just cut and pasted a message?

People can tell when a message isn’t genuine and isn’t written for them. Also, women receive up to hundreds of messages a day.

You say that you get frustrated when you think ‘just give me 5 mins’, every guy says that. Every guy thinks they’re special but very few show that.

People aren’t meeting, they’re hibernating and waiting for restrictions to be lifted, you came in four months ago, it’s been like this for over a year.

You need to work out what works for you, not banging your head repeatedly against a wall. What can you do differently that will change the results?

Every guy goes through this, not many work it out

over a year ago

Have a look at your profile, and see if it would draw someone in.

Don’t call women babe, many (not all) women find it off putting.

Interact on here, get to know people.

over a year ago

It's likely that you were only ever compatible with the 5% who replied to you.

Read our profiles, decide if you think you actually meet our needs, then send us a personal message. Message fewer women, but do it better. It'll take the same time, but you're reply ratio may just go up x

over a year ago

"The 95% being ignored lol..! Anyone else feel like that?? (I’m a real person ladies)! Get a bit of faith about ya’s "

Tbh I receive around 200 daily messages and I delete 95% of them and answer 5%. Be original is key Xx

over a year ago

I try to respond to most messages but sometimes it's clear some hasn't even looked at my profile let alone took the time to write a message as you can tell it's just copied and pasted in that case I delete as I'm not wasting my time

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Why would anybody reply to a profile which states you are just having a look.

Then creates a post about not recieving many replies back.

You profile doens't give any indication of waht you re looking for, who you are or even will meet someone, after covid.

over a year ago

What i dont understand is why a 'Not interested' message cant be sorted, it takes 3 secs to do,thats it we all know where were at. Profiles talk nonesense as u can fit into whatever someone is saying as to type n age etc but still no reply. This photo or no reply, well photo gets no reply most times so have to accept i must be goddam ugly as sin. We're all on here for one reason, but there are very few who follow it through. I have met one lady on here and it was a lovely day out n weve kept in touch. So i cant be too bad. Xxx

over a year ago

Cut out the ‘babe’ would be a good start..a film called Babe was about a piglet so it can sound slightly off putting for some/most women

over a year ago

"What i dont understand is why a 'Not interested' message cant be sorted, it takes 3 secs to do,thats it we all know where were at. Profiles talk nonesense as u can fit into whatever someone is saying as to type n age etc but still no reply. This photo or no reply, well photo gets no reply most times so have to accept i must be goddam ugly as sin. We're all on here for one reason, but there are very few who follow it through. I have met one lady on here and it was a lovely day out n weve kept in touch. So i cant be too bad. Xxx "

But it takes more than 3 seconds to open your profile, read it, look at your photos, get a sense of you, then read your message and compose a rejection that won't hurt too much but is still crystal clear. And then it takes time to deal with the "but why?" messages or the abuse that follows. Don't be fooled into thinking anyone can be thoughtfully considered and politically rejected in 3 seconds!

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I appreciate that, but when I send about 100 messages and don’t get one reply I wonder why I’m on here lol! "

I try to reply to all messages but if you're sending 100 are they all to people who match with your profile...this is important if you want replies.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We would like to apologise to the 95% of messages we don't reply to, and they are all from "Couples" and "Single Females" due to filters. There's only a very small percentage we're compatible with and attracted to. No reply does mean not interested play wise. If we see you in a club we'd have a chat and a laugh though.

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

There are hundreds if not thousands of men on fab and some pretty awesome looking ones at that.

Women & couples have a vast amount to choose from and will obviously choose someone who they feel attracted to or fits a certain fantasy / requirement.

Try to enjoy fab as a place to connect with people not only through messages but right here in the forums.

Have fun, join in with the chats, games and you will engage with someone who just happens to find you interesting.

J

over a year ago

"What i dont understand is why a 'Not interested' message cant be sorted, it takes 3 secs to do,thats it we all know where were at. Profiles talk nonesense as u can fit into whatever someone is saying as to type n age etc but still no reply. This photo or no reply, well photo gets no reply most times so have to accept i must be goddam ugly as sin. We're all on here for one reason, but there are very few who follow it through. I have met one lady on here and it was a lovely day out n weve kept in touch. So i cant be too bad. Xxx "

It's a nightmare getting sucked into a conversation you don't want to have

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

You really need to make an effort with your profile for a start.

The pics aren't very fab and your bio tells me nothing. Like are you into the scene or just looking to get laid?

Maybe tinder would be more your thing if you just want a hook up?

By *rAngleseyMan
over a year ago

Anglesey

If nobody responds to your messages, Maybe you should consider the fact that it might be the messages that you send that are the problem.

over a year ago

"You really need to make an effort with your profile for a start.

The pics aren't very fab and your bio tells me nothing. Like are you into the scene or just looking to get laid?

Maybe tinder would be more your thing if you just want a hook up?"

Tinder success rate would be even lower!

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"I appreciate that, but when I send about 100 messages and don’t get one reply I wonder why I’m on here lol! "

But are they messages worth replying to? The vast majority of messages we get I wouldn't waste my energy on. Things like "How are you?", "What are you up to?" and "Wanna meet?" just go straight in the bin.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Alirght Mr Lover Lover, I'm gonna flip this on it's head. Why SHOULD they reply?

Change my mind about why it would benefit both parties (but mainly me) if I reply and I'll respond to the 173 unread messages in my inbox before the day is out.

over a year ago

Think one of the biggest things I’ve noticed about the site that’s changed during lockdown is the sheer numbers of people on here. If the ratio was 90-10 single men to couples/females then it’s even higher now. As others have said the minority spoil it for the majority. Some absolute spoons on here that send the most ridiculous shit imaginable. Worse than that there are those that become abusive if they get a polite no thanks so why should those who aren’t interested reply?

It’s a debate that’s been raging for years on here.

over a year ago

"You really need to make an effort with your profile for a start.

Maybe tinder would be more your thing if you just want a hook up?"

This!

The majority of profiles are men looking to get laid (no problem with that) and don't always understand the lifestyle side for those who live it.

We only meet guys so really want to hear from them (including those 'just' wanting to get laid) that said we are looking for a type of man and if we don't see that in a message we are not going to pursue it in the slim hope they were hiding something we liked.

We don't reply if not interested, and often we will stop chatting if it becomes apparent things are not working. Some think that is rude, maybe it is...that said we don't get offended if it happens the other way round so at least we are consistent!

The issue with messaging to say it isn't for us is that the next message asks us why not.

It doesn't matter why not for us, providing feedback is daft as there will be loads who like that person just how they are...

A little tip for the single profiles would be to really consider who you are messaging and your expectations of them. Couples want time together, then add in work, families, friends, potential childcare etc etc...for most that leaves precious little time to play, it's only natural you would want to make the most of that time and it doesn't leave a lot spare for trial and error (we go to clubs to get the opportunity to meet a few new people).

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

So about those 100 messages. Did you just spam the same “hi” or obvious copy and paste to the first 100 women anywhere near you? Or did you read each one of the 100 profiles, check that you’re a possible match for what they’re looking for, and write an individual message tailored to each person? I bet I can guess which, and if I’m right you’re lucky you even get a 5% response rate.

over a year ago

A single guy that addresses me with no respect that we are a couple instant delete. A message hey babe I'd suck those tits !!

Doesn't do it for us

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Much as I feel the sentiment you’re highlighting I can’t quite get past the figures not adding up. If you send 100 messages and don’t get one reply that doesn’t tally with the the 95%-5% you initially offered, and for that reason, I’m out.

over a year ago

Of the 100ish messages you've sent. How many of those profiles did you really think you'd of connected with?

over a year ago

"I appreciate that, but when I send about 100 messages and don’t get one reply I wonder why I’m on here lol!

Much as I feel the sentiment you’re highlighting I can’t quite get past the figures not adding up. If you send 100 messages and don’t get one reply that doesn’t tally with the the 95%-5% you initially offered, and for that reason, I’m out. "

Ahhh a fellow pedant! See we now have a connection...

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Ah, the dreaded "Been read", and then silence.

Perseverance is the name of the game, try, try, and try again, eventually you'll get a positive reply, OP.

Personally though, things are looking up, so if it works for me, then it'll surely work for you.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Life is fab. Fab isn’t life. Try not to dwell on the negatives, a positive outlook will get you far. I think most people come on fab to soften the harshness and disappointments that “real” life can bring, remembering that, and building positivity into your online persona and interactions will yield its reward.

If we bring the baggage of the “real” world to our “virtual” world of escapism then people tend to avoid this. They are here to escape too, not be pulled into the dramas they are escaping from.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"I appreciate that, but when I send about 100 messages and don’t get one reply I wonder why I’m on here lol!

Much as I feel the sentiment you’re highlighting I can’t quite get past the figures not adding up. If you send 100 messages and don’t get one reply that doesn’t tally with the the 95%-5% you initially offered, and for that reason, I’m out.

Ahhh a fellow pedant! See we now have a connection... "

I can’t help myself

over a year ago

Dont send a 100 messages then!!! Quality over quantity

Post new Message to Thread