Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

HAIR DISASTER

Jump to newest

By *unlovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

rotherham

Had my hair cut and lightened by a mobile hairdresser today and Im not happy with it

It was dry to start with and she has bleached it and now it feels even more dry

Is there any suggestions as to what I can buy to get it looking healthy again

I know theres loads of teatments and deep conditioners on the market but which is the best?

Any help ladies or any professional hairdressers out there

xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if the hairdresser was any good. she wouldn't have let you have more bleach in your hair

pop into a hairdressers and get some intense conditioner if the price is a tad high assuies 3 monuite intensive conditioner will work just as well

hth x

over a year ago

i couldnt answer this but the mrs might

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I highly recommend the Aussie 3 minute intensive conditioner too.

Awesome stuff, and I regularly colour my hair, and it really stops my hair drying out.

over a year ago

Im an ex hairdresser and always found this helped with over proccesed hair,

rub warm olive oil onto dry hair and scalp befor you wash it, cover with plasic bag and leave for half hour, then wash as normal removing all oil, and condition as normal,do this before every wash

try not to use loads of products on your hair or straightners and tongs, just use a cool dryer,

most important is make sure your have just the ends trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks,

hope it improves soon for you, Sue xx

over a year ago

i was told by my hairdresser to put deep conditioner on my hair, (i use pantene) then cover it with a damp warm towel for as long as you can.

I have overdyed black hair, it seems to work for me.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Get a squishy avocado and mash it with either olive oil or mayonnaise. Then slather onto your hair and cling film your head (not the face cos breathing is useful! ). Use quite a few layers cos you want it to hold the heat. You can put a towel over the top but they slide off the cling.

Leave on for as long as you can bear, then rinse off, wash and condition with gentle products.

It's worth going to an afro Caribbean hair supplies shop as conditioners used by people who relax their hair are very nourishing as the chemicals are strong - and you'll get better value for your money.

Good luck. When my (ex) hairdresser did that to me I ended up with a bob!

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Do not use anything with sillicones in it. Sillicones coat the hair, leaving it impossible for moisture to penetrate. Pantene is the worst for this but almost all shampoos/conditioners contain "cones"

Tresseme naturals are cone free, as is Superdrug coconut & sweet almond deep conditioner. Olive oil as has already been suggested, would work well to get some moisture back too.

Seriously, google the effect of sillicones on hair - I haven't used cones for over a year now and my hair has gone from frizzy and dry to curly & shiny (obv it was curly before )

over a year ago

listen to happystaffy hunny, warm olive oil is brilliant, same thing happened to me a fe year back and a good hairdresser recommended warm olive oil and it worked wonders xxx

over a year ago

"I highly recommend the Aussie 3 minute intensive conditioner too.

Awesome stuff, and I regularly colour my hair, and it really stops my hair drying out."

Aussie stuff is great.

over a year ago

As a hairdresser i would never have lightened your hair again wi bleach... this has complety stripped your hair...Aussie is brilliant but one of the best product on the market at the moment is Morrocan oil tad dear but well worth it... try not to shampoo your hair to much,let the natural oils come back to it...x

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"As a hairdresser i would never have lightened your hair again wi bleach... this has complety stripped your hair...Aussie is brilliant but one of the best product on the market at the moment is Morrocan oil tad dear but well worth it... try not to shampoo your hair to much,let the natural oils come back to it...x"

Google Moroccan oil - full of silicones. SO bad for your hair. Pure argan oil is better (what Moroccan oil is made from but less shite in it) more expensive, but worth it.

over a year ago

Oh no not good hope with all these great suggestions you get your hair back to full health the hairdresser shouldn't have left you like that good luck xx

over a year ago

If its over bleached its short of protein so smother hair in mayo and wrap a carrier bag round your head for an hour then wash it off. Protein from the egg in mayo plus oil.

Then use moisturizer of choice.

By *unlovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

rotherham

Thank you for all the help and tips

tomorrow Im off looking for something to treat my hair

where would i find the aussi stuff?

Might look in superdrug or tesco for something to help

over a year ago

yeah youll get it there hun, good luck...xx

By *heekyladyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

Henna wax is brilliant and not expensive

This was extensively in college where I trained.

Shampoo hair, apply wax, cling film head and wrap a towel around it. Leave for at least half hour so cuticles open and wax is soaked into hair. Rinse well.

Avoid excessive heat especially straighteners and certainly without using heat protector.

Bleach does dry out hair though.

You can also try porosity equalisers too

Good luck

over a year ago

Mash banana keep it in you hair for 10 mins.... Wash out then put conditioner in.... Sleep with a shower cap on....

over a year ago

Olive oil is what I'd recommend. Try to stay out of the swimming pool for a while too as chlorine can turn bleached hair green.

By *unlovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

rotherham

Yes will deffo get treatment stuff tomorrow as wont rest while its this dry

I usually use mouse and also a diffuser but the hiardresser didnt use any so im beginning to wonder if she was really qualified

xx

over a year ago

Hairdresser here and the best conditioner ever on the market is henna wax....as said up there...points...its the cheapest and the best.....only thing to use in my oppinion and have been hairdressing 23 yrs.

Hope you get it sorted

By *unlovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

rotherham

Will get some today and try it

Just hope i see some results pretty soon as it looks shite at minute

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Sounds like henna wax and kitchen treatments are the way to go - and not expensive!

over a year ago

U think u have bad hair! I just found grey pubes and was pointed in this direction for advise!

Devastated of Cardiff

over a year ago

I use naked bodycare products their hair mask rescued.my sisters hair after it went really brittle and dry . Available online or in boots.

Good,luck x

Angel.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"U think u have bad hair! I just found grey pubes and was pointed in this direction for advise!

Devastated of Cardiff "

I started going grey as a child. Found my.first grey pubes before I was sexually active.

over a year ago

"U think u have bad hair! I just found grey pubes and was pointed in this direction for advise!

Devastated of Cardiff

I started going grey as a child. Found my.first grey pubes before I was sexually active. "

That is crazy!!!! Ur a real silver fox then x

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Well I dye the hair on my head...

over a year ago

"Well I dye the hair on my head... "

Me too, hate being grey! If I grow back I will be taking a leaf out of iconics book and dying down there too

over a year ago

tell me about it, i hate it when my hair is not straight and begins to be wavy!

Im so jealous of you ladies sometimes. Your hair is so nice and smooth, and STRAIGHT!! think i need to buy hair straighteners.

Ps. Im straight by the way, honest lol x

over a year ago

"tell me about it, i hate it when my hair is not straight and begins to be wavy!

Im so jealous of you ladies sometimes. Your hair is so nice and smooth, and STRAIGHT!! think i need to buy hair straighteners.

Ps. Im straight by the way, honest lol x "

Straight my arse!!!!

over a year ago

The amount of hair that I've seen broken and burnt wi folk using straighteners is frightning... Now my hair is longer I let it dry naturally, use pruducts to enhance what kink I have in it,and love my wavy, unkept look...!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Well I dye the hair on my head...

Me too, hate being grey! If I grow back I will be taking a leaf out of iconics book and dying down there too "

You do realise that after the grey comes the white!

over a year ago

"Im an ex hairdresser and always found this helped with over proccesed hair,

rub warm olive oil onto dry hair and scalp befor you wash it, cover with plasic bag and leave for half hour, then wash as normal removing all oil, and condition as normal,do this before every wash

try not to use loads of products on your hair or straightners and tongs, just use a cool dryer,

most important is make sure your have just the ends trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks,

hope it improves soon for you, Sue xx"

yes olive oil is a miracle product. has loads of vitamins in it. I have an olive oil day once a week when I oil my hair and body, leave it an hour or so and then shower. drop a few drops of essential oil in to minimise olive smell.

it is also a healer. used it when pregnant and have virtually no stretch marks and is good for cuts too. Excellent night oil too. Easily absorbed. Also brings back leather goods which have been neglected.

over a year ago

"Get a squishy avocado and mash it with either olive oil or mayonnaise. Then slather onto your hair and cling film your head (not the face cos breathing is useful! ). Use quite a few layers cos you want it to hold the heat. You can put a towel over the top but they slide off the cling.

Leave on for as long as you can bear, then rinse off, wash and condition with gentle products.

It's worth going to an afro Caribbean hair supplies shop as conditioners used by people who relax their hair are very nourishing as the chemicals are strong - and you'll get better value for your money.

Good luck. When my (ex) hairdresser did that to me I ended up with a bob! "

don't forget to leave a bit for the salad tho!

over a year ago

Ladies - all I can say after reading this is that i'm soooooooooooooo glad my hair care regime consists of a daily washing and a weekly buzz with the clippers!

Sounds like your all putting more fruit and veg in your hair than I eat in a month!

(But you all look lovely for it, of course! )

over a year ago

well ive just wacked on a dye and im loving the colour,, wooop

over a year ago

Sadly someone who was going grey in her early 20's I have to dye my hair every 2 weeks or I'd be white at the moment I'm a dark red and loving it but did go back to blond a few months ago and hated it I much prefer red

over a year ago

"Do not use anything with sillicones in it. Sillicones coat the hair, leaving it impossible for moisture to penetrate. Pantene is the worst for this but almost all shampoos/conditioners contain "cones"

Tresseme naturals are cone free, as is Superdrug coconut & sweet almond deep conditioner. Olive oil as has already been suggested, would work well to get some moisture back too.

Seriously, google the effect of sillicones on hair - I haven't used cones for over a year now and my hair has gone from frizzy and dry to curly & shiny (obv it was curly before )"

Just noticed this thread and about silicones.

I started the Lorraine Massey CG method for my hair only 2 weeks ago and the change is amazing.

From dry/frizzy hair that had tobe straighted to lovely natura curls without the use of products.

This poster is spot on sulphates and "cones" ruin hair...especially curly/wavy hair

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"Do not use anything with sillicones in it. Sillicones coat the hair, leaving it impossible for moisture to penetrate. Pantene is the worst for this but almost all shampoos/conditioners contain "cones"

Seriously, google the effect of sillicones on hair - I haven't used cones for over a year now and my hair has gone from frizzy and dry to curly & shiny (obv it was curly before )

Just noticed this thread and about silicones.

I started the Lorraine Massey CG method for my hair only 2 weeks ago and the change is amazing.

From dry/frizzy hair that had tobe straighted to lovely natura curls without the use of products.

This poster is spot on sulphates and "cones" ruin hair...especially curly/wavy hair "

I'm on the CG regime too. It's amazing. I've struggled all my life with my hair, sitting for up to 2 hours a day, drying and straightening it. Now I can just wash it and leave it. It's curly (unless I straighten it but don't that often) shiny and everyone comments on the curls.

Glad the CG method is working for you

By *unlovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

rotherham

Whats the cg method??/

over a year ago

i use tigi for my hair as its red and done every 4-5 weeks and i have never had a issue with my condition

i use tigi twice a week with a intensive conditioner i think it comes about 20.00 quid but it lasts me months, then i use the assuie colour mate and 3 minute condition

but when using straignters i use a heat protector as well

x

over a year ago

Its best to look on line as its a bit long winded.

Easy to do just lots to type.

The basics are one last cleanse with a normal ( sulphate containing) shampoo.

Then condition with a "cone free" conditioner. Rinse but dont rinse totally.

There after you "wash" with cone free conditioner...scalp only.

If you feel you simply must wash with shampoo there are some with no or low sulphate.

The success stories are really good.

Got my daughter doing it now and her hair is in terrible condition.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Its best to look on line as its a bit long winded.

Easy to do just lots to type.

The basics are one last cleanse with a normal ( sulphate containing) shampoo.

Then condition with a "cone free" conditioner. Rinse but dont rinse totally.

There after you "wash" with cone free conditioner...scalp only.

If you feel you simply must wash with shampoo there are some with no or low sulphate.

The success stories are really good.

Got my daughter doing it now and her hair is in terrible condition. "

Just read up on this - I do some of it anyway but I might give the 'no shampoo' bit a go too now. Thanks

over a year ago

I hope you have the same results as me.

Its followed by afro/caribean girls mostly but im white and an amazed by the difference.

And best of all the products are cheap.

If you need a uk list pm me

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Get a squishy avocado and mash it with either olive oil or mayonnaise. Then slather onto your hair and cling film your head (not the face cos breathing is useful! ). Use quite a few layers cos you want it to hold the heat. You can put a towel over the top but they slide off the cling.

Good luck. When my (ex) hairdresser did that to me I ended up with a bob!

don't forget to leave a bit for the salad tho! "

A friend of mine regularly used to start eating my avocado hair mask before I had a chance to put it on my head!

By *landleeCouple
over a year ago

near hull

just condition it loads every time you wash it and leave it in your hair for five minutes that will make your hair less drier dont dye it again till it restores to full health if your hair was dry before im surprised your hair hasnt fallen out your hairdress cant be much good as she would have never bleached your hair if it was in poor condition

over a year ago

its all about olive oil, thats what i put on my hair x

Post new Message to Thread