Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Status

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I see members regular in they statuses put "that they leaving" or that "this will be they last day",only to never even leave?

Is this people wanting attention,I know that surely if you're going to leave,then just leave,its as if you're telling world so that you get the floods of messages coming through asking "what's wrong".

Sometimes some of the statuses I see on here,and I'm not only on about the above,really make me feel like I'm on Facebook.

At the end of the day a lot of attention seeking goes on within Facebook,how many times do people put on "I'm sick of my life ",,knowing people will be putting messages on the post "what's wrong"......the messages are not really interested, just nosey.

What's your opinion on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Of course it’s attention seeking and I bet it works too

over a year ago

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It probably is but who cares? I hope they get the attention they want.

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

I’m leaving

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

I’m back

over a year ago

My updates are full of cocks, or it’s shite in here... full of time wasters.... bla blah blah... so I post song lyrics to spread a little happiness haha xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/04/21 06:42:00]

By *wistedbambi69Woman
over a year ago

Somerset

"My updates are full of cocks, or it’s shite in here... full of time wasters.... bla blah blah... so I post song lyrics to spread a little happiness haha xx"

I randomly post song lyrics to my status too

It can be a good conversation starter in messages as well

over a year ago

What would you advise people to use their status updates for op?

Threads are for attention, you want to talk to someone.

A wink is for attention, you hope to get one back and initiate a chat.

A dm is for attention, an ice breaker.

Your avatar is for attention, you want them to look at your profile.

Your profile blurb is for attention.....

You getting the idea yet?

over a year ago

Tank do fly,boss walk,jam nitty gritty,you are listening to the boy from the big bad city, this is jam hot!!!!

That's as good as it gets from me

over a year ago

Maybe its to say bye to friends i dunno people put many things

over a year ago

"My updates are full of cocks, or it’s shite in here... full of time wasters.... bla blah blah... so I post song lyrics to spread a little happiness haha xx

I randomly post song lyrics to my status too

It can be a good conversation starter in messages as well "

Definately can I’ve had a couple of decent conversations x x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I see members regular in they statuses put "that they leaving" or that "this will be they last day",only to never even leave?

Is this people wanting attention,I know that surely if you're going to leave,then just leave,its as if you're telling world so that you get the floods of messages coming through asking "what's wrong".

Sometimes some of the statuses I see on here,and I'm not only on about the above,really make me feel like I'm on Facebook.

At the end of the day a lot of attention seeking goes on within Facebook,how many times do people put on "I'm sick of my life ",,knowing people will be putting messages on the post "what's wrong"......the messages are not really interested, just nosey.

What's your opinion on this?"

Anything you post on here is seeking attention of some kind. It's not harming anyone really is it?

over a year ago

Perhaps they change their mind about leaving when they see that it’s actually worth staying after the support they get. They hadn’t realised people cared and it touched them to see it.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've really struggled to think of anything to post as a status, so I tend to leave it blank. Not really getting the most out of the feature, I know, but here we are.

over a year ago

It's a cry for help.

over a year ago

I imagine they're going through a tough day, and then after that status someone messages them and it reminds them that things are ok.

Not everything is sinister x

over a year ago

"I see members regular in they statuses put "that they leaving" or that "this will be they last day",only to never even leave?

My opinion is its none of my business or anybody else's what others put up in their status

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Fab my pics

Thanks for the Fabs

Read profile

Not meeting

Don't send friend requests

Bored

Wow that was fun

over a year ago

My status updates are always about peoples refusal to wear pants.

over a year ago

My status updates are the random thoughts that appear in my head tbh.

over a year ago

most of the time its depressed women wanting attention from foolish knights ready to leap into action to save them.

do me a favour

over a year ago

Are you not seeking attention posting this

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

It's been tough on so many people mentally this year so you just don't know what is behind their status post.

Be kind to people or just scroll past if it bothers you that much.

And don't forget that one post in a hundred might be from someone really struggling with life and a few kind words might make a difference to them.

That person might be any one of us one day

over a year ago

Maybe a call out for help or a feeling of frustration. Times are tough for many people and everyone needs to feel valued.

Why not message them just to say hi and give them a boost.

over a year ago

"What would you advise people to use their status updates for op?

You getting the idea yet? "

All of the above you mentioned is a form of interest,however the status attention I mentioned is a needy form of attention,stated for a reaction....all of the above you mentioned is purely for interest,not neediness.

over a year ago

Are you not seeking attention posting this"

Interested on views thats all,no attention craving here.

over a year ago

All of the above you mentioned is a form of interest,however the status attention I mentioned is a needy form of attention,stated for a reaction....all of the above you mentioned is purely for interest,not neediness."

Thanks for your insight on how people possibly behave. You answered your own question then,(is this people wanting attention)

but you didn’t answer mine. I ask again. “ What would you advise people to use their status updates for op?”

I gave you my opinion. People want attention.

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

All of the above you mentioned is a form of interest,however the status attention I mentioned is a needy form of attention,stated for a reaction....all of the above you mentioned is purely for interest,not neediness."

When I feel needy I post a picture and get attention. But I have boobs so that’s ok.

Everything that we do on here is for attention, sometimes outright needy sometimes it’s more hidden.

If it bugs you just scroll on past

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

I’m an attention seeker for giggles so our status currently reflects that o

Bx

over a year ago

You ok hun ?

over a year ago

Hiw do you know its neediness, can you do his her thinking,,and feel what there feeling i think not

over a year ago

The site is simply a reflection on society, there are many personalities and different ways we express.

Leave them to it, if it makes them feel better, be that getting attention or just a knee jerk reaction causing them to post such a status.

Besides, it's a social media site and therefore, aren't we all seeking attention in one way or another?

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"I’m back "

over a year ago

All of the above you mentioned is a form of interest,however the status attention I mentioned is a needy form of attention,stated for a reaction....all of the above you mentioned is purely for interest,not neediness.

Thanks for your insight on how people possibly behave. You answered your own question then,(is this people wanting attention)

but you didn’t answer mine. I ask again. “ What would you advise people to use their status updates for op?”

I gave you my opinion. People want attention.

"

I have no problem with status updates,I wasn't against all updates,I merely had my own opinion on that particular kind of update....and I stand by it.

So to answer your question,its not my place to say what people should put on they updates.

And the "leaving" status update is attention seeking,the same as when a person on facebook puts "I'm sick of my life"...and wait for the floods of messages asking "what's wrong",most the people couldn't care less,its just people being nosey.

over a year ago

Hiw do you know its neediness, can you do his her thinking,,and feel what there feeling i think not"

I totally agree with you,I'm not psychic,however,if someone is putting that kind of status up,then they putting it up for all to see,hence clearly wanting a reaction from people,otherwise why would you do it.

Maybe I see things clearly as I'm not on facebook etc...so I see it for what it is.

By *ancave69Man
over a year ago

London

I wouldn't say it's attention seeking... I've left and come back half a dozen times..this site can be enough to piss anyone off.... One in 50 messages read or answered... Two week chat planed meet 3 hour drive for a no show.. Who then disappeared from the face of the earth..... All good fun

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 00:57:49]

over a year ago

Of course its attention seeking. Ive left probably 153 times and i know I'll always end up back in the forums

By *lassyandkinkyCouple
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"I wouldn't say it's attention seeking... I've left and come back half a dozen times..this site can be enough to piss anyone off.... One in 50 messages read or answered... Two week chat planed meet 3 hour drive for a no show.. Who then disappeared from the face of the earth..... All good fun"

Sorry to hear that. It’s not nice you had that experience but yes the site can be harsh so I can understand why people feel like they want to leave.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

It certainly doesn't cut a dash with me. I not only see it as attention seeking, but it could also mean that we could have a needy emotional high dependent here, and as such, a must to avoid.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/21 05:20:06]

over a year ago

There are only 8,626 members online and very few people passing through the Forum. As I take a gander through it during these very tranquil hours, some thoughts pop up more clearly in my head.

I recall when I was in the office, I would scan the room to see if any of my team were regularly sitting at their cubicle during lunch times or seemed quieter than usual. I would approach them when the office was emptier and would start a random conversation with them. I’m their boss, they can’t tell me to bugger off.

Almost always, it would transpire that they just needed someone to listen to them for a few minutes, just to be heard. I suppose, you could say that they just needed a little attention. It didn’t fix all their problems or any of it perhaps. It just gave them a little boost to be noticed. That’s all.

On a daily basis, we hear people make passing comments about what a rubbish day they’re having. It’s just a passing comment, like a pressure valve release. It isn’t bottled up and builds inside.

In lockdown, many people haven’t been able to vent in small doses like that. There isn’t that daily venting, hence it builds. When they post such a status and people respond with kindness, it’s the same as that little vent we all had when life was normal. We whinge a bit, someone empathises for a few minutes and we move on without a second thought.

Just saying.

over a year ago

People hoarding.

over a year ago

"There are only 8,626 members online and very few people passing through the Forum. As I take a gander through it during these very tranquil hours, some thoughts pop up more clearly in my head.

I recall when I was in the office, I would scan the room to see if any of my team were regularly sitting at their cubicle during lunch times or seemed quieter than usual. I would approach them when the office was emptier and would start a random conversation with them. I’m their boss, they can’t tell me to bugger off.

Almost always, it would transpire that they just needed someone to listen to them for a few minutes, just to be heard. I suppose, you could say that they just needed a little attention. It didn’t fix all their problems or any of it perhaps. It just gave them a little boost to be noticed. That’s all.

On a daily basis, we hear people make passing comments about what a rubbish day they’re having. It’s just a passing comment, like a pressure valve release. It isn’t bottled up and builds inside.

In lockdown, many people haven’t been able to vent in small doses like that. There isn’t that daily venting, hence it builds. When they post such a status and people respond with kindness, it’s the same as that little vent we all had when life was normal. We whinge a bit, someone empathises for a few minutes and we move on without a second thought.

Just saying. "

Absolutely.

A little less judgement and a lot more consideration is what society needs right now

over a year ago

Fab is a social media site like any other where people post comments that relate to their social activities among other issues.

I don’t understand why the posting of a status on a social media site should be concerning to anyone unless it causes personal detriment?

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

My opinion is its none of my business or anybody else's what others put up in their status "

By *lassyandkinkyCouple
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Fab is a social media site like any other where people post comments that relate to their social activities among other issues.

I don’t understand why the posting of a status on a social media site should be concerning to anyone unless it causes personal detriment?"

I agree.

Post new Message to Thread