Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

30+ age ladies help!

Jump to newest

By *oopy-diddlyumptious OP   Woman
over a year ago

hell

Okies ladies after searching the internet looking for new clothes....its either short crop tops or granny fashion, theres no inbetween...where the hell do us almost 40 year olds shop any advice?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What are you after particularly?

I love River Island, New Look, Dorothy Perkins, Primark (holiday clothes) and sometimes Next. I like M&S jeans.

over a year ago

hell

A whole new wardrobe lol,

I will usually find loads of stuff I like in Primarni but yesterday I walked out without buying anything for myself, didnt find anything in New look either that jumped out.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm under 30 but I have a lovely collection of dresses for work that are calf to ankle length. Mostly from New Look and some from Boohoo.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've not been shopping in an age, but I tend to do a bit of this and that. X will look less teenage if I pair it with Y, Z will look less like my mum's if I pair it with A, etc.

over a year ago

"A whole new wardrobe lol,

I will usually find loads of stuff I like in Primarni but yesterday I walked out without buying anything for myself, didnt find anything in New look either that jumped out. "

Ah I have days like that too.

I like quirky clothes too like Hot Topic, Cath Kidston and EMP. Some great bargains to be had on eBay too.

over a year ago

I get lots of stuff in H&M, Mint Velvet, Hush, Zara, Mango.

over a year ago

hell

Thank you ladies, gonna have a hunt through some of these sites this evening, I have plenty of "club" dresses but its time for some new casual clothes much appreciated!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If you can rock vintage inspired, check out Dolly and Dotty or Lady V London. A lot of my stuff where I don't feel I have to fit in is swing dresses or wiggle dresses

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I like Next, M&S and Monsoon for every day stuff. And I've got some lovely tailored bits for work from Jasper Conran

By *oxyVikingCouple
over a year ago

East Anglia

"I've not been shopping in an age, but I tend to do a bit of this and that. X will look less teenage if I pair it with Y, Z will look less like my mum's if I pair it with A, etc."

Soo agree with this. Too old to pull off having my belly on out in public so will pair a crop top with some really high waisted jeans or stick a vest under... Tend to shop H&M, next and TKMaxx... went into river island and had to walk out again as I felt way to old to be in there though, lol. Freya

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've not been shopping in an age, but I tend to do a bit of this and that. X will look less teenage if I pair it with Y, Z will look less like my mum's if I pair it with A, etc.

Soo agree with this. Too old to pull off having my belly on out in public so will pair a crop top with some really high waisted jeans or stick a vest under... Tend to shop H&M, next and TKMaxx... went into river island and had to walk out again as I felt way to old to be in there though, lol. Freya "

Or I'll do simple things and make it my own with accessories

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I like Joe browns jeans, they have some pretty motifs

over a year ago

"I've not been shopping in an age, but I tend to do a bit of this and that. X will look less teenage if I pair it with Y, Z will look less like my mum's if I pair it with A, etc.

Soo agree with this. Too old to pull off having my belly on out in public so will pair a crop top with some really high waisted jeans or stick a vest under... Tend to shop H&M, next and TKMaxx... went into river island and had to walk out again as I felt way to old to be in there though, lol. Freya "

Too old to get your belly out?

You’re practically a child! I guess I better stop then

over a year ago

River Island and Zara for me always

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I buy loads from Tu and F&F, they have some lovely things.

Occasionally Next, I'd say that caters for most age groups.

I also like vintage style, Lindy bop for something a bit different.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 15/04/21 21:27:35]

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The vast majority of my clothing comes from Ebay and charity shops.

You can get quality for a great price.

I get my everyday knickers from Primark. They do super comfy lace thongs at £1 each.

over a year ago

hell

I cant really pull off vintage...i think half my problem is a midlife crisis...ive spent a year living in pjs and finally gone up to a size 12 so new clothes needed to fit....so now i need to find a new style for me

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I buy loads from Tu and F&F, they have some lovely things.

Occasionally Next, I'd say that caters for most age groups.

I also like vintage style, Lindy bop for something a bit different."

Lindy Bop went bust

over a year ago

I recently discovered lemonnmoda...pleased with what i found...i wear what i like age appropriate or not...im not dead yet.

Post new Message to Thread