Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holidays no or yes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Supposed to be going lanzarotte in July do you think this will get the go ahead xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iknaknok42Man
over a year ago

limavady

Like lanzarote a lot,

Will be interesting when this place gets to open up again.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don't know. Not taking any risks myself

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

50/50 I'd say xx

over a year ago

Hope so

over a year ago

I hope so ... just booked Turkey for July

... I’ll be crossing my fingers, toes and eyes it doesn’t get postponed x

over a year ago

I hope you get to go!

We are very optimistic and have booked a trip to California in the Autumn.

Desperately praying the borders open and they’ll be no quarantine requirements by then....

I absolutely live for the holidays

over a year ago

I think atm it seems 50/50

They will need to bring the pcr test prices down. They’re around £70-100 per person and even with the green countries still need them I think?

For a couple it can easily add on 300-400 per trip.

I am hoping to get on holiday. Just need time away from my house. If not a staycation will be fine too! It’s just cheaper to go abroad!

over a year ago

Difficult to say.

I have business interests in America and I need to get out there at some point but as of right now it's just too risky.

I think next year or November December time will be the earliest.

Anyone who does get to go abroad I hope you are carefully and safe

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"Supposed to be going lanzarotte in July do you think this will get the go ahead xx"

I hope so...I'm due to go in june

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm itching for a holiday! If Putin carries on it's looking like an all expenses paid holiday to Eastern Ukraine though

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't know how they are doing there with managing it. If they do well and get into the green list, I'd assume you'd be good to go, subject to tests by then

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Lanzarote was my favourite island in the sun, but I am more interested in the reception that we get there post Brexit rather than post covid, before I make any decision.

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

I'd give it a miss. Maybe next year.

over a year ago

Likely to stay in Britain this year. The hospitality business has taken a pounding. I’m spending what I can here to “help out” our battered economy, unless I can’t get it here, like a proper skiing holiday. Just about everything else, I can find some sort of variation here. Beaches might even be emptier as everyone else rushes abroad.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

These pcr tests what's the point. We are due our 2nd jabs before we go so surely they should let peeps go if they are safe. Aint booking anything at home just doesn't appeal. Xx

over a year ago

I think (hope) July will be ok. We have booked ourselves for Mid July.

We’ve had two holidays abroad so far this year and although it’s a little costly once u get used to the extra forms, tests etc it’s not too bad

over a year ago

We’ve booked a holiday also, so we hope we will be going.

Honestly Op, I don’t think we will, fingers crossed, eh. Good luck, yours is a couple of months before ours.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I've given up guessing, just hoping

C

over a year ago

"Supposed to be going lanzarotte in July do you think this will get the go ahead xx"

Same here, but need to shift the booking as I was a little too optimistic. July may be realistic.

over a year ago

July 2022 yes, but this year, change it to Skeggy

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

We’ve had two holidays abroad so far this year and although it’s a little costly once u get used to the extra forms, tests etc it’s not too bad "

It is bad.

It's illegal.

By *inky man 64Man
over a year ago

farnborough

not risking going abroad this year, and also we would rather put some much needed money back into our economy. we do usually go abroad to visit family, but where they live is so far behind us with covid jabs, we would rather err on the side of caution.

over a year ago

"I think (hope) July will be ok. We have booked ourselves for Mid July.

We’ve had two holidays abroad so far this year and although it’s a little costly once u get used to the extra forms, tests etc it’s not too bad "

This year as in 2021 or year as in since we started the first lockdown (March 2020)? How did you manage that if it’s the former?

By *tsallfunangames!!Woman
over a year ago

back of beyond

I hope so aswell booked to go to cap d'Agde at end of july

over a year ago

"

We’ve had two holidays abroad so far this year and although it’s a little costly once u get used to the extra forms, tests etc it’s not too bad

It is bad.

It's illegal. "

No it wasn’t. Please refrain from commenting on something you don’t know the details on

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

This year as in 2021 or year as in since we started the first lockdown (March 2020)? How did you manage that if it’s the former?"

On another thread they explain how they went to Desire Mexico earlier this month

over a year ago

This year as in 2021 or year as in since we started the first lockdown (March 2020)? How did you manage that if it’s the former?"

One started late in dec 2020 and we stayed out for 5 weeks returning in late January. One was last month. If you have a valid reason to leave the country there’s nothing stopping you extending the trip to enjoy some beach time also

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

There's a chance. The Spanish islands are fighting for the right to accept tourists this season.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"There's a chance. The Spanish islands are fighting for the right to accept tourists this season. "

Which is good as I have booked for September. The question is will we need to self isolate on return because if so I will not get the time off work.

By *icky and MandyCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yes.......South west in July and Portugal in September

Lots of chilling, nice food and wine, Sunbathing on a nudist beach with a few visits to clubs

. . &.

over a year ago

This year as in 2021 or year as in since we started the first lockdown (March 2020)? How did you manage that if it’s the former?

One started late in dec 2020 and we stayed out for 5 weeks returning in late January. One was last month. If you have a valid reason to leave the country there’s nothing stopping you extending the trip to enjoy some beach time also "

I thought the period between the lockdowns was part of the equation. I nearly went in December as well but couldn’t risk not being able to get back by early January. Did you stay away that long because you were forced into lockdown on the other end?

over a year ago

One started late in dec 2020 and we stayed out for 5 weeks returning in late January. One was last month. If you have a valid reason to leave the country there’s nothing stopping you extending the trip to enjoy some beach time also "

Nice, extending the trip. Why not, you’re already there. There are many countries that aren’t in the state that Europe is at. Safer to stay there once you’re there.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Safer to stay there once you’re there."

How can it be safer in a swinger's resort than at home ?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/04/21 08:35:15]

over a year ago

"Safer to stay there once you’re there.

"

Certainly more fun!!

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Certainly more fun!!"

I would definitely agree with that !

over a year ago

Certainly more fun!!

I would definitely agree with that !"

If only we’d known this little trick, eh?

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

"not risking going abroad this year, and also we would rather put some much needed money back into our economy. we do usually go abroad to visit family, but where they live is so far behind us with covid jabs, we would rather err on the side of caution."

My view entirely, right now it's back to the first world war poster scenario with Lord Kitchener, "Your Country Needs You" Los Jameos in Lanzarote used to cost me several grand a year, but I recently bought, of all things, a largeish wheelchair adapted vehicle because, you pick them up at knock down prices as they are a niche market product, and I'm currently turning it into a motor home for road trips. It really has surprised me how many undiscovered, picturesque places there are in my own area, never mind throughout the UK, and I will not only stay safe through being secure in the knowledge of who has previously slept in the bed, but also have an asset at the end of it, to sell and subsidise the cost of a foreign holiday next year. Plus I will have put something back into the economy, everyone's a winner.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple
over a year ago

Broadstairs

You stand a chance of going , we got away in November to GC 2020 so anything is possible

over a year ago

How can it be safer in a swinger's resort than at home ?"

The trip the poster refers to wasn’t a swingers resort

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

Hope so we have to changed from last year ,June and late july

over a year ago

One started late in dec 2020 and we stayed out for 5 weeks returning in late January. One was last month. If you have a valid reason to leave the country there’s nothing stopping you extending the trip to enjoy some beach time also

I thought the period between the lockdowns was part of the equation. I nearly went in December as well but couldn’t risk not being able to get back by early January. Did you stay away that long because you were forced into lockdown on the other end?"

Few reasons, partly as our flights were cancelled anyway (direct flight from SA) so we had to re book. And secondly because the situation & restrictions back home seemed so dire in January that we thought why not stay in the glorious sunshine where we were able to enjoy our pool, socialize with friends, eat our etc. We would have stayed perhaps another 4-6 weeks longer but when they started talking about hotel quarantine we decided it was time to come

home

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Nothing booked yet as I’m waiting to see what happens but either a week in Centerparcs or the cheaper option of a fortnight in the Bahamas

over a year ago

Have two booked! I’m ever hopeful a villa on lake Garda for the end of July, and a cheeky November getaway to St Lucia

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
over a year ago

luton

"not risking going abroad this year, and also we would rather put some much needed money back into our economy. we do usually go abroad to visit family, but where they live is so far behind us with covid jabs, we would rather err on the side of caution."
not staying in uk everyone upping their prices and ripping people off , they say it’s because of demand , if so it should be on first come first serve ,our two holidays in Greece are already paid for from last year ,we may have to pay a bit more for tests ,but still cheaper than here , if cancelled again we will just postpone till next year ,hate being ripped off

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Greece seems the best bet for not needing to quarantine on return

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

I thought the period between the lockdowns was part of the equation. I nearly went in December as well but couldn’t risk not being able to get back by early January. Did you stay away that long because you were forced into lockdown on the other end?

Few reasons, partly as our flights were cancelled anyway (direct flight from SA) so we had to re book. And secondly because the situation & restrictions back home seemed so dire in January that we thought why not stay in the glorious sunshine where we were able to enjoy our pool, socialize with friends, eat our etc. We would have stayed perhaps another 4-6 weeks longer but when they started talking about hotel quarantine we decided it was time to come

home"

Oh so you may have been one of the people responsible for bringing the South African variant to this country?!

over a year ago

home"

Absolutely right. My parents were caught in NZ in the first lockdown. What a blessing, quite honestly.

over a year ago

Suppose to be going Las Vegas then going Texas watch the boxing but don’t look at all possible I’m gutted

over a year ago

"I think (hope)

Oh so you may have been one of the people responsible for bringing the South African variant to this country?!"

Late January? Not likely. Testing on arrival had already been rolled out plus quarantine on return.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Hmmm not sure, maybe a little early, we are thinking September but not booked yet

over a year ago

home

Oh so you may have been one of the people responsible for bringing the South African variant to this country?!"

Nope tested before during and then multiple times after return

over a year ago

"I hope so ... just booked Turkey for July

... I’ll be crossing my fingers, toes and eyes it doesn’t get postponed x"

Same for august but you shouldnt have booked yet as its not clear if it will be allowed. Wait until a week before you go to book would have been your best bet. Good look cos if you can go in july then i be fine for august

over a year ago

Same for august but you shouldnt have booked yet as its not clear if it will be allowed. Wait until a week before you go to book would have been your best bet. Good look cos if you can go in july then i be fine for august "

Maybe they thought they would take advantage of better availability and pricing by booking now but knowing if they need to change it they can anyway ?

over a year ago

I hope everything opens up. Hoping to get a few like minded fabbers together and go away as a group

over a year ago

Same for august but you shouldnt have booked yet as its not clear if it will be allowed. Wait until a week before you go to book would have been your best bet. Good look cos if you can go in july then i be fine for august

Maybe they thought they would take advantage of better availability and pricing by booking now but knowing if they need to change it they can anyway ? "

That’s right - we wanted specific accommodation that are often limited x

In response to funtimes ... According to Boris everything is on track and allowed so we felt fairly confident to book

... and because we’ve chosen a reputable company we know that should things change we’ll be able to postpone our holiday booked with them x

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm sure goung abroad will be possible but with specific restrictions and checks.

We are probably sticking to the UK this year and will see will how things progress.

By *histlerMan
over a year ago

Guildford

I’ve got a holiday in Spain which was deferred from last year.

I think there’s a slim chance of going... but not banking on it!

over a year ago

July/august with vaccinations? Yeah, I’m saying decent chance.

I’m not planning a stress free break before 2023 though

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

It depends if you're going with Ryan Air - you'll probably land in Gibraltar.

over a year ago

Maybe they thought they would take advantage of better availability and pricing by booking now but knowing if they need to change it they can anyway ?

In response to funtimes ... According to Boris everything is on track and allowed so we felt fairly confident to book

... and because we’ve chosen a reputable company we know that should things change we’ll be able to postpone our holiday booked with them x"

It’s actually a very good time to book. Reward seat availability with major airlines in Business & First class is much more obtainable right now than it ever used to be. And it’s very easy to cancel those type of bookings should the situation not progress as one hopes. I just think some people like to cast negativity & doubt. It’s as though they feed off the negativity. Book a damn holiday. Something to look forward to and remember what real, free living is like

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s not safe to travel anywhere until it’s safe everywhere (outside the uk)

over a year ago

I’ll take my chances. We’ve had COVID and in 3 weeks time we will have both had our 2nd vaccine Jab. We will be traveling abroad in July and hopefully multiple more times throughout the rest of the year.

Life is for living.

over a year ago

... and because we’ve chosen a reputable company we know that should things change we’ll be able to postpone our holiday booked with them x

It’s actually a very good time to book. Reward seat availability with major airlines in Business & First class is much more obtainable right now than it ever used to be. And it’s very easy to cancel those type of bookings should the situation not progress as one hopes. I just think some people like to cast negativity & doubt. It’s as though they feed off the negativity. Book a damn holiday. Something to look forward to and remember what real, free living is like "

Test, test, test, test, test, test. These are plentiful now, vaccinations are being rolled out. We are much more informed about this virus than we were at the beginning. The biggest danger for most of us is in the infecting of others should we catch it. I have lost two friends to it but chances are, I had probably caught it before the first lockdown on and was a symptomatic. We are, most likely, not going to become ill now that we’ll be vaccinated very soon. As long as we test and test and test and carry on taking the precisions to not pass it on, life should return to normality in the steps proposed.

My son’s school gave me lateral flow test kits to ensure he was tested twice a week during the Easter holidays.

Just book the holiday and enjoy yourselves. Personally, I’ll be spending it here to help boost out battered hospitality industry. It won’t be any safer here, to be honest, as our borders reopen to foreigners.

over a year ago

"It’s not safe to travel anywhere until it’s safe everywhere (outside the uk)"

The UK will open its border as well. Foreigners will be coming here. Personally, I can’t see much difference in whether we go abroad or stay at home. I choose home because I’ve lived abroad for so long, it’s nice to ‘visit’ the UK again and show my son the beauty we have here.

Post new Message to Thread