Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are we who or what we display??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After an intresting conversation not long ago....it going me thinking....

How close is the persona I display on the forums, to the one I display in my life away from fab...

My conclusion is I only allow you guys to see what I want you to see, thats the truth . There is sides to me im not willing to display, or things about me that I try hard to work on and move away from is more apt!!

What about you, how close is your persona on fab to real life

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Tbh you'd have to ask people that have met me.

I don't give it much thought sorry dude

over a year ago

"Tbh you'd have to ask people that have met me.

I don't give it much thought sorry dude "

No need to apologise Grumpy, just the workings of my mind this morning...get what ya saying tho

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

No need to apologise Grumpy, just the workings of my mind this morning...get what ya saying tho "

Cool. I just post inane random crap mostly. I'm probably no different in real life tbh

over a year ago

No need to apologise Grumpy, just the workings of my mind this morning...get what ya saying tho

Cool. I just post inane random crap mostly. I'm probably no different in real life tbh "

There is depth to being inane lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm one version of myself on fab. I was another version at work and yet another with my neighbours. My basic personality and values remain the same though. I just don't post pictures of mebin a fishnet body stocking through my neighbours letter box

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I only allow you guys to see what I want you to see, thats the truth . There is sides to me im not willing to display, or things about me that I try hard to work on and move away from is more apt!!"

So you wanted us to think you were a litter lout in your 3rd March 2021 photo?

Don’t think we cant see that bit of rubbish on the floor you are trying to hide with your foot....!

In person I am much more of a dick than on here!

over a year ago

"I only allow you guys to see what I want you to see, thats the truth . There is sides to me im not willing to display, or things about me that I try hard to work on and move away from is more apt!!

So you wanted us to think you were a litter lout in your 3rd March 2021 photo?

Don’t think we cant see that bit of rubbish on the floor you are trying to hide with your foot....!

In person I am much more of a dick than on here!"

You have me, I've changed ways today

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pretty much the same.. I'm a sarcastic git in real life too

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I’m more honest in real life than I am on here. So I won’t get into long diatribe about subject I’m passionate about because....well I can’t be bothered to write it all down.

So I’ll generally keep to a couple of paragraphs on inane subjects that are slightly amusing, rather than get involved with World affairs, Covid or any other really divisive subjects.

Sit me down in a cafe over a coffee and I’m happy to put the World to rights

By *isAdventure69Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I don't know , I'll ask a friend

over a year ago

Yes and no this is a vent for brain shit like a toilet is for body shit

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Real life me would be unrecognisable. I live alone, work hard, have few friends and spend most of my time in wellies walking my dogs. I love fab. It allows me to be someone else.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I am more than the sum of my parts on here

over a year ago

I think my personality is the same but as stated I don’t share pics on other platforms that I do on here ..... but in general I’m the same person everywhere xxxx

over a year ago

"Real life me would be unrecognisable. I live alone, work hard, have few friends and spend most of my time in wellies walking my dogs. I love fab. It allows me to be someone else."

This! Except the dogs.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I'm the same in person, absolutely delightful

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yes I am the same real and fab life

I split my life into two as that what works for me, work and family-fab life will never cross over into each other, If I ever meet someone I would want to be as a life partner then things might change.

So I have two lifestyles and one persona which has the best of both worlds

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm a version of myself that suits the environment.

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

Everyone’s a liar!!

Until you get to know them better.

Worked so far..........

over a year ago

"I'm a version of myself that suits the environment."

Oooo good answer

over a year ago

We all have multiple versions of ourselves I think. They're all true, but I imagine we adjust our behaviours and comments based on who we are with and the mood at the time. I don't see this as fake, but actually emotionally intelligent.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m not sure how I come across but I’m just me on here friendly, sarcastic and a little bit nuts

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Fundamentally I am the same person but we all have different hats we put on, for work, with family, on here.

I am a confident, sassy, sarcastic woman in all aspects of my life I just crank up or tone down those qualities to fit my surroundings xx

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

In real life I take things more serious, just a wee bit and I’m far more handsome in the flesh and my penis is really enormous.

over a year ago

"In real life I take things more serious, just a wee bit and I’m far more handsome in the flesh and my penis is really enormous. "

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Apparently I'm even more cheeky in person.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"I'm one version of myself on fab. I was another version at work and yet another with my neighbours. My basic personality and values remain the same though. I just don't post pictures of mebin a fishnet body stocking through my neighbours letter box "
I think this would sum it up nicely. I can't be like I am on fab at work.

The people I chat to through here, my friends and on pm is who I am.

In fact, I'm alot more wierd in real life.

over a year ago

"Real life me would be unrecognisable. I live alone, work hard, have few friends and spend most of my time in wellies walking my dogs. I love fab. It allows me to be someone else."

This roughly without the work hard and live alone.

The me on Fab is a side which I try to contain to here only and as a way of releasing it in to the world without disruption to my 'normal' life.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We see our FAB persona as something akin to a super hero. It’s our alter-ego that only a few people know about. Here we can be open - realise our inner most desires.

In work and at home we are normal people, doing normal things, leading a normal life.

We don’t act differently on here in terms of personality but it’s on FAB we can be our true (hedonistic) selves.

K

over a year ago

"I'm a version of myself that suits the environment."

That I really agree with, diffrent hats for diffrent occasions

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

People are complex, just being aware at any point about some facets of themselves. It's not surprising that what we fashion into a self than we show to others is a part of what we identify as but there's always more there and on show, than we may be aware of

over a year ago

I'm actually quieter on fab than in real life. I honestly don't shut up if I meet people.

I guess I tend to weigh up the forum answers before I post anything.

I'm very much aware that my comments can be seen in different ways so I'm more careful but in real life, I struggle to hold back on what I want to say.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im actually more open on the forums than in real life. Theres loads of things i discuss on the forums that i dont in real life im not the type of person to reveal my life story. People can know me for years without knowing much about me

I am very chatty in real life to much at times

over a year ago

"Im actually more open on the forums than in real life. Theres loads of things i discuss on the forums that i dont in real life im not the type of person to reveal my life story. People can know me for years without knowing much about me

I am very chatty in real life to much at times"

I've noticed lol xxx

over a year ago

What I display on the forums are my honest thoughts.....

I tend to listen more than talk in person....

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Absolutely no where near my real life.

In real life I'm like Dirty Harry.

Slightly misogynistic, intolerant of criminals, and think personnel are ass holes. Sorry.

over a year ago

I’m here to banter and muck about. In that, you’ll see one facet of me. Everything else requires an investment of time and trust on a personal level.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I’m probably more the “real” me on fab and in particular the forums than I am in real life.

I’m far more open about my interests and what I enjoy on here than in the normal world, because that “normal” world is far more judgmental and cruel

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/04/21 05:09:59]

over a year ago

I'm quite a bit different as my personality, enthusiasm, sense of humour and energy doesn't translate well in print at all ... oh, I'm way politer online!

Without being able to read someone's body language or facial expressions, I don't much go on typed communication at all. I think part of us can shine through but it's only a small part of who we are and what I've found when meeting people is, if Fab is a hidden part (secret) in their lives they tend to be a different persona here, whereas if Fab is an open part of their lives then they tend to be more like themselves! Actually asked quite a few people about this in reality as it fascinates me!

By *ermite12ukMan
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

I'm more similar on here, to my usual self. Though, my 'usual self' is dependant on the people around me, and how I perceive them:

My current job I work alongside a lady that is as mad as a box of frogs and the pair of us have a lot of fun, taking it out of each other. Or, with other colleagues.

Every other job I've had. It's always been just working and no fun.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Probably off here, where I have folk I can bounce my sense of humour off and laugh along with folk I find amusing.

over a year ago

I'm a smiley person in real life.

I don't do this - as much

I'm content in my own company and rarely walk around naked

over a year ago

It's a fraction of my personality outside of here.

over a year ago

50/50.

Half the time I will post and answer as my true self (just like this one) others I will answer differently depending what mood I am in.

Good mood - probably upbeat and jokingly answer trying to help keep this forum lighter.

Not so good mood - sarcasm turns up to 11, as stupid questions need stupid answers,( wait, that’s actualy a true me too )

Other times I will post on the forum just throwing people off the trail as who I am.

over a year ago

"It's a fraction of my personality outside of here. "

Intriguing. How many more fractions are there?

over a year ago

"We see our FAB persona as something akin to a super hero. It’s our alter-ego that only a few people know about. Here we can be open - realise our inner most desires.

In work and at home we are normal people, doing normal things, leading a normal life.

We don’t act differently on here in terms of personality but it’s on FAB we can be our true (hedonistic) selves.

K"

Love this . Perfectly put.

over a year ago

"We see our FAB persona as something akin to a super hero. It’s our alter-ego that only a few people know about. Here we can be open - realise our inner most desires.

K

Love this . Perfectly put. "

I know. The type of super heroes we call on in our hours of need...

Post new Message to Thread