Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Judged by nationality?

Jump to newest

By *atBottomGirls OP   Woman
over a year ago

St Austell-ish

I have chatted with someone for quite some time, and finally chatted (talked in via non typing) off site. He realized I'm am American, so refused to even chat more. Due to my non British accent. I guess I dodged a bullet! Would you say yay or nay based on a non English accent?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would say 100% yes to matthew mcconaughey's accent

over a year ago

I get the same being Chinese x

Their loss hun x

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

My wife is Cornish and I have no idea what she has said for the past 23 years, the usual sentence goes something like:

hmmmf, hmmmf tin, hmmmf, hmmmf china clay, hmmmf, hmmmf Poldark, hmmmf, hmmmf, Run to the Sun, hmmmf, hmmmf, Pastie, hmmmf, hmmmf, Devon scum, hmmmf.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 02:29:41]

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

In all seriousness though... Stuff 'em. If your accent was enough to send him running, then that show's more about his shallowness than anything else. You're better off to meet someone that likes you, and your crazy accent.

And, Girl4girlx, the same applies. In Western Europe we like to pretend we are a cosmopolitan society, but there are still small minded people. You can't legislate for stupidity. There will be plenty more that want to meet you.

over a year ago

No I wouldn’t in fact one off my best meets ever was a polish couple very nice and were very pleasant to speek to during brakes and stuff

over a year ago

In gobsmacked. He dropped out based on an accen?? I congratulate you on dodging that bullet.

What type of American accent? An American accent with a hint of Southern is knee weakening for me!

girl4girlx Nee how. Nee de zhao pian hern meili

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 03:36:55]

over a year ago

"My wife is Cornish and I have no idea what she has said for the past 23 years, the usual sentence goes something like:

hmmmf, hmmmf tin, hmmmf, hmmmf china clay, hmmmf, hmmmf Poldark, hmmmf, hmmmf, Run to the Sun, hmmmf, hmmmf, Pastie, hmmmf, hmmmf, Devon scum, hmmmf.

"

That would partly explain 23 years and still going strong.

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

Really well his lose ...! Personally never even thought about this closest thing to me is Irish and Welsh are sexy. Can’t imagine being turned off by any other though.

over a year ago

Class yourself as being lucky that he revealed what a prick he is and rejoice in the fact that you are you no matter what accent you have.

T

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

His loss pathetic reason to stop chatting x

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

To be fair I would be more likely to chat to someone who had a different accent to me (Liverpool) I love the diversity of Fab

over a year ago

I'm not that surprised to be honest. For my partner, an American accent would be a turn off, or some type of voices (not accents, just the voice). He's not racist, I'm not English myself. I think Fab has enough people to find what you're looking for. As others have said, at least you didn't waste more time.

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"I have chatted with someone for quite some time, and finally chatted (talked in via non typing) off site. He realized I'm am American, so refused to even chat more. Due to my non British accent. I guess I dodged a bullet! Would you say yay or nay based on a non English accent?"
It would be my pleasure to be with non English girls. I welcome youbwith open arms.

By *ecky and justCouple
over a year ago

Godalming

"My wife is Cornish and I have no idea what she has said for the past 23 years, the usual sentence goes something like:

"

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

I get the same being from Norfolk

over a year ago

Op. It sounds silly really.

I love talking to you, want to chat for real instead of text?....oh that’s what you sound like! I don’t want to talk any anymore....

Nope. Someone’s accent isn’t going to affect whether I stay talking to someone, being a dick does.

over a year ago

"I have chatted with someone for quite some time, and finally chatted (talked in via non typing) off site. He realized I'm am American, so refused to even chat more. Due to my non British accent. I guess I dodged a bullet! Would you say yay or nay based on a non English accent?"

And where was this arsehole from? I love accents it’s nice to collect different nationality’s

over a year ago

"

By *extravagantWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Maybe the accent was an excuse, maybe he didn’t really fancy you and was looking for an easy way out.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I don't care if someone has an accent, infact that can sometimes be a bonus.

I quite like the American accents OP as I find them very sexy but, if you're a Trump supporter, I would question your sanity; I'd still want to meet you though... Sexy with a crazy lady could be fun.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I get judged quite a lot

over a year ago

"I get judged quite a lot "

I've already judged you - absolutely gorgeous!

over a year ago

"I don't care if someone has an accent, infact that can sometimes be a bonus.

I quite like the American accents OP as I find them very sexy but, if you're a Trump supporter, I would question your sanity; I'd still want to meet you though... Sexy with a crazy lady could be fun."

My immediate reaction was "huh? Really?". But..and it's a big fat orange wobbly but...the earlier goings-on in the states, might give me pause. That man has not done the average Americans rep the least bit of good.

... having said that, our current clowns in office have done for us what he's done for you OP.

over a year ago

If I was attracted to the person then it wouldn't matter what accent they had.

There ia still a strong anti-American feeling which runs through the UK (possibly running straight from the 'loss' of the American colonies).

over a year ago

I spoke to a woman who had an unusual accent, I said where are you from, she said NonBritain, I said I love that place.

over a year ago

Yeah...I've been rejected many times because English is not my mother tongue...unfortunately it happens almost every day

over a year ago

"

Hahahahahahahaha awesome!!!

over a year ago

No not at all, although 'essex' accents a no no for me and also french. ive nothing against anyone from that way on it just grinds on me too much.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Hell yeah

By *lansmanMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I love accents.. in general, but also with females in a sexual context. Some accents i find really sexy , jamacan and Geordie to name but 2

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Am I Derbyshire, English, British, UK, European, or Worldish?

By *ememberTheNameMan
over a year ago

barnsley

"

Made me laugh this morning

By *rishman75Man
over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

same here been irish they think I'm trying to sell a dog lol

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Everyone sounds the same with a ball gag in and getting spanked, so no issues with accents here!

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"No not at all, although 'essex' accents a no no for me and also french. ive nothing against anyone from that way on it just grinds on me too much. "

But do you really mean a true Essex accent, or that awful London/Essex thing?

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The only reason I can think of for an accent making a ddifference to me is if I have difficulty understanding somebody, which is not common. Hannah is American and that accent hasn't put me off. Luke

over a year ago

That is fucked up! Why would he not talk to u further?? People are weird.

And accents are fun and sexy and exciting

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

Ignorant fucks waist everyone's time you dodged a bullet ( unless you have that whiney New England screech I still have nightmares from high school)

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If I was attracted to the person then it wouldn't matter what accent they had.

There ia still a strong anti-American feeling which runs through the UK (possibly running straight from the 'loss' of the American colonies)."

First I've heard of it.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"No not at all, although 'essex' accents a no no for me and also french. ive nothing against anyone from that way on it just grinds on me too much.

"

Erm...excuuuuuse me. There's nuffink wrong with my accent mate

It's Estuary English

over a year ago

Just like the korean actress calling brits stuck up snobs when she won an award the other day which everyone just laughed off as a joke (proberbly was) but it seems we have an image problem too

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"If I was attracted to the person then it wouldn't matter what accent they had.

There ia still a strong anti-American feeling which runs through the UK (possibly running straight from the 'loss' of the American colonies).

First I've heard of it."

Me too . I love Americans

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

It depends...do you say zebra, aluminium and tomato properly?

I'm joking of course, that's just what I tease my friend about...I like hearing different accents

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I love different accents - I'm usually nosey and probably ask 100 Questions about where you're from incase I get to visit later in life

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Some people harbour strong feelings against certain nationalities. We've experienced it occasionally. It's not nationality that puts us off people.

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

"

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Am I Derbyshire, English, British, UK, European, or Worldish? "

Nonsense

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

OP (EG) - we've known each other for many years and you was the first meet I ever had on Fab.

You're a lovely lady and we laugh together always.

We'll be friends forever, so long as you're not related to Donald Trump.

over a year ago

I went to a silent retreat years ago long story for another thread

Complete silence for 10 days so obviously your mind wanders and you come up with all sorts of pre conceived ideas about the people around you based on how they look.

Then when the silence was broken most of us were shocked at how the other sounded and what accents we had.

Someone that is your idea of beauty is no longer beautiful when they speak

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

I don’t get some people sometimes, I can’t think why the colour or accent of a person would be off putting. Though saying that people do have preferences and I understand that. I’ve had this previously with the colour of my skin before I had lots of pics up. I did take it personally that’s why I added it to my profile but now to Me it’s just a preference and I respect that.

over a year ago

Jennifer Lopez is ALWAYS wanting to chat late at night but that accent is an absolute passion killer.

over a year ago

"Jennifer Lopez is ALWAYS wanting to chat late at night but that accent is an absolute passion killer. "

She is so beautiful

Clearly needs a ball gag though

By *orkshire fellowMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Although people are entitled to individual taste, it sounds like he refused to continue specifically because your accent denoted your country of origin.

Better to dodge this xenophobe on a phone call than at a later stage.

over a year ago

"I don’t get some people sometimes, I can’t think why the colour or accent of a person would be off putting. Though saying that people do have preferences and I understand that. I’ve had this previously with the colour of my skin before I had lots of pics up. I did take it personally that’s why I added it to my profile but now to Me it’s just a preference and I respect that."

Why would someone's age be offputting? Would you shag a 78 year old or a 19 year old?

By *inkylipsWoman
over a year ago

Debauchery

"I don’t get some people sometimes, I can’t think why the colour or accent of a person would be off putting. Though saying that people do have preferences and I understand that. I’ve had this previously with the colour of my skin before I had lots of pics up. I did take it personally that’s why I added it to my profile but now to Me it’s just a preference and I respect that.

Why would someone's age be offputting? Would you shag a 78 year old or a 19 year old? "

Uh I have a 20 year old son so definitely would not go there.....

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I've dated and married from other nationalaties (only 1 marrage though), my ex-wife was Iban, from Sarawak.

I've dated people from all walks of life and have zero problem about their accent.

I've never heard of not dating outside of ones own accent, accentist.

By *orders CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Kelso

I'm really shocked by this. I suppose if you can't actually understand one another, that's a little different. However, surely it's the content of the conversation that's important.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

You dodged a bullet he sounds like a moron. Accent and nationality means sod all. And I would love your accent.

X

over a year ago

"No not at all, although 'essex' accents a no no for me and also french. ive nothing against anyone from that way on it just grinds on me too much.

"

Gemma Collins essex. It grates me

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"I get the same being Chinese x

Their loss hun x"

Looking at your profile pics you look beautiful and anyone who rejects any for their colour, race, or creed isn't worth knowing

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I can now add "accent" to the list of things I don't care about that are apparently dealbreakers for other people.

If someone is hot, they're hot.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

It's Estuary English

"

You missed the "innit?" off the end of that sentence.

To be honest, I can live with it. But it is a bit sad it's displaced the older accent.

You can still hear a bit round this end of Essex amongst the older people.

over a year ago

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear you had to encounter a narrow minded invididual. Saying that I usually share fairly early I have an accent so can stay clear of xenophobic idiots.

over a year ago

Being English has plenty of bias opinion ask the Scottish Welsh and Irish and French list goes on

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

I could hear her then. Tell her I said this ...... wurrrmwah landsend orraaah extortionate coolamburrr nah fleece the buggers - urmfuf.....

over a year ago

Accent isn't anything to go by, it's the person, however sometimes an accent can be quite sexy and inviting

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

I too have experienced something similar with my partner.She's from Scunthorpe and I've had to become quite fluent in her native tongue!

Mike

"

over a year ago

I love other accents, as long as the guy is intelligent and has good conversation. French particularly has me weak at the knees.

Some Northern English accents I am not keen on.

over a year ago

It's discusting that people get turned down for the sex. People should shag everyone who asks. How dare they say no!!!!!!

over a year ago

I can't understand why an accent would put anybody off

over a year ago

"It's discusting that people get turned down for the sex. People should shag everyone who asks. How dare they say no!!!!!!"

Can I ask you...someting?

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Colour, Nationality, Accent, Job, Wealth, Qualifications, Favourite food and TV shows makes no difference to us. Personality and being a little bit easy on the eye does.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"

You really need to learn to speak Cornish!!! You’re ruining it for everyone else.

I’ll translate it for you:

Dear hubby, I love you so much but since I saw Sausage’s sausage, I just have to have it. I want it, I need it. And then eat a pastie in the sun and let the Devon people watch.

So come on hubby! Make your wife’s dream a reality

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I’m Scottish and I hate when someone says ‘can you translate that into English please’

Bugger off

It’s an accent, doesn’t define you it’s his loss. X

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

Youre brave!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"It depends...do you say zebra, aluminium and tomato properly?

I'm joking of course, that's just what I tease my friend about...I like hearing different accents "

I say zeeeebra, aluminum and toe-ma-toe

You can shoot me now

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I get the same being Chinese x

Their loss hun x"

Chinese would be totally irrelevant to me. Saying "hun" though... :D

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"To be fair I would be more likely to chat to someone who had a different accent to me (Liverpool) I love the diversity of Fab "

Exactly that... Differences are interesting... Mostly

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm joking of course, that's just what I tease my friend about...I like hearing different accents

You can shoot me now "

You say toe-may-toe...I say toe-mar-toe

over a year ago

Birmingham

You can shoot me now "

Urgh, It's pronounced "Zedbra"

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

You can shoot me now

Urgh, It's pronounced "Zedbra""

Pronounced Zebra* haha

over a year ago

"

I've just had Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimor pop into my head with "Poldark on mopeds"

"ere, you stole my tankard..."

Yep, I'm old...

over a year ago

His loss

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

You can shoot me now

Urgh, It's pronounced "Zedbra""

Zeeebra. Backwards americanisms I can't seem to shed

At least I now use bonnet instead of "hood" and boot instead of "trunk". With conscious effort mind you

By *imatureMan
over a year ago

sligo

I think it’s more of a turn on really

over a year ago

Birmingham

I've just had Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimor pop into my head with "Poldark on mopeds"

"ere, you stole my tankard..."

Yep, I'm old..."

Oh crap I loved that advert. Accidentally watched the whole 2nd series of Smell the other day when I should've been working. Mr Sting! If you were lying in bed and had an itchy bottom, would you 1) rub it on your wife's chin, 2) waft it out of the open window or 3) pick at it with your finger?"

Anyway.

over a year ago

"It's discusting that people get turned down for the sex. People should shag everyone who asks. How dare they say no!!!!!!

Can I ask you...someting? "

over a year ago

Birmingham

"At least I now use bonnet instead of "hood" and boot instead of "trunk". With conscious effort mind you "

Me too, i'm sitting here wearing a Bonnetie right now actually.

over a year ago

"It's discusting that people get turned down for the sex. People should shag everyone who asks. How dare they say no!!!!!!

Can I ask you...someting?

"

over a year ago

"I’m Scottish and I hate when someone says ‘can you translate that into English please’

Bugger off

It’s an accent, doesn’t define you it’s his loss. X"

Didn’t understand a word of that, can you translate it into English?..............I’ll get my coat

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

It depends on the persons attitude and pwrsona, rather than the persons accent. That would determine, whether or not I wanted to meet them

over a year ago

"I have chatted with someone for quite some time, and finally chatted (talked in via non typing) off site. He realized I'm am American, so refused to even chat more. Due to my non British accent. I guess I dodged a bullet! Would you say yay or nay based on a non English accent?

I can't understand why an accent would put anybody off "

Sorry dont mean to offend the bostin people but what about brummie

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I shouldn’t fret about it. If he is that narrow-minded then he’s hardly likely to blow your stockings off in the bedroom department is he?

What I have learnt about fab is the more open-minded someone is, the more relaxed and comfortable I am and the greater the meeting will be.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"At least I now use bonnet instead of "hood" and boot instead of "trunk". With conscious effort mind you

Me too, i'm sitting here wearing a Bonnetie right now actually."

A Peter?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I dislike that harsh Belfast accent. I won't watch anything with that Robin Nesbitt it..

I could not date a girl with that accent.

Dublin accent completely different...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get judged for mine. I hate it

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"I dislike that harsh Belfast accent. I won't watch anything with that Robin Nesbitt it..

Dublin accent completely different... "

over a year ago

I have a hint of boston accent with a little southern it's kind of funny sometimes. Some people like it some don't. Personal choices.

By *heonixRaven 777Woman
over a year ago

Guildford

Actually, I would respect the person for their honesty. While you may not like the why he has chosen not to continue the conversations. He has chosen to be honest with you.

By *orkshire fellowMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"I dislike that harsh Belfast accent. I won't watch anything with that Robin Nesbitt it..

Dublin accent completely different... "

There are many flavours of the Dublin accent. I guess that is true of most cities!

over a year ago

People have made assumptions based on my accent alone, many times.

over a year ago

I'd say yay!

I'm not British born so maybe that's why.

Accent (any) doesn't really matter to me.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The judgement I get is positive, btw. People start gushing about my place of birth.

I'm not a token Australian to fulfil all your fantasies about Australia. I'm a person.

By *layful HarlequinMan
over a year ago

uxbridge

"I get judged quite a lot "

Yes but miss world doesn’t count on this.

over a year ago

"I get judged quite a lot

Yes but miss world doesn’t count on this. "

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

Re OP. It could be accent, it could be the sound of your voice, it might just be the way that something that was said. It could just be the guy is nuts and does it to everyone for some weitrd reason. Nobody else will ever know. Best not to read too much into it.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"I get judged quite a lot

Yes but miss world doesn’t count on this. "

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"The judgement I get is positive, btw. People start gushing about my place of birth.

I'm not a token Australian to fulfil all your fantasies about Australia. I'm a person."

Never heard of an Ossie fetish before. I once had a thing about a girl giving me a blowjob wearing one of those bush hats with those corks hanging down. Imagine her sucking me while the corks gently stimulate my balls..

Perhaps Ossie's are fetish material after all...

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple
over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

They saved you a job, if they're that small minded you'd want to avoid them anyway.

We occasionally bump into similar neanderthals.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It's Estuary English

To be honest, I can live with it. But it is a bit sad it's displaced the older accent.

You can still hear a bit round this end of Essex amongst the older people. "

I don't know what an actual Essex accent sounds like. Is it posh?

over a year ago

"

Well if you took your cock out of her mouth for a minute she could speak more clearly. I could forgive her..

But, on the OP's point, I find it bizarre that accent could put someone off. Accents can be sexy..

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The judgement I get is positive, btw. People start gushing about my place of birth.

I'm not a token Australian to fulfil all your fantasies about Australia. I'm a person.

Never heard of an Ossie fetish before. I once had a thing about a girl giving me a blowjob wearing one of those bush hats with those corks hanging down. Imagine her sucking me while the corks gently stimulate my balls..

Perhaps Ossie's are fetish material after all..."

Oh lord

over a year ago

Im Welsh

over a year ago

"Actually, I would respect the person for their honesty. While you may not like the why he has chosen not to continue the conversations. He has chosen to be honest with you.

"

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

I live with a fake scouser crossed with a janner with some welsh/irish/south african all thrown in for good measure ( don't even ask) and i ask her to repeat it in "English" and gets even worse if she's gets angry

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Well if you took your cock out of her mouth for a minute she could speak more clearly. I could forgive her..

But, on the OP's point, I find it bizarre that accent could put someone off. Accents can be sexy.."

They can be... Have you ever been in a club or pub though and had the thought... "Please stop saying words"?

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

But agree ..his lose ...we talk to anyone regardless of nationality and just show's him to be very very small minded and just another way people try to cover up their prejudices ?? and even most cases racism !

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But, on the OP's point, I find it bizarre that accent could put someone off. Accents can be sexy..

They can be... Have you ever been in a club or pub though and had the thought... "Please stop saying words"? "

Yes

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

MR4 says ..he has no idea what some of the locals say 99% of the time !! it's just mumbling with the odd init thrown in for no apparent reason ??

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

" But agree ..his lose ...we talk to anyone regardless of nationality and just show's him to be very very small minded and just another way people try to cover up their prejudices ?? and even most cases racism ! "

Not strictly racism though is it.? It's accentism if its a thing at all..

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

I do not know how to call it "racism" or just immediately ban other language standards or ppl who do not emphasize like Britain, sorry I am a Slav also often people do not talk to me because I have a strange accent I have my accent and I'm proud of it xD

over a year ago

" MR4 says ..he has no idea what some of the locals say 99% of the time !! it's just mumbling with the odd init thrown in for no apparent reason ??"

But have you shagged them all?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Ev'rybody's talking about

Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism

This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

It's Estuary English

I don't know what an actual Essex accent sounds like. Is it posh?"

Lol

Hardly! If you are interested, the British Library has a huge database of accents and dialects (collected by the BBC).

If you search for British library, accents and dialects, BBC voices you should find it.

Under Essex the Maldon conversations sound just like my Uncles chatting...

I got caught on that site for ages dipping into different regions. Its really great.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

" But agree ..his lose ...we talk to anyone regardless of nationality and just show's him to be very very small minded and just another way people try to cover up their prejudices ?? and even most cases racism !

Not strictly racism though is it.? It's accentism if its a thing at all.. "

I just call it icky

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"Class yourself as being lucky that he revealed what a prick he is and rejoice in the fact that you are you no matter what accent you have.

T"

This.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I would hazard a guess that's just a smokescreen and excuse

over a year ago

If someone has an accent (aside from the different English speaking countires) that means they speak more than one language. For me that's a sign of intelligence, which is only sexy.

Close minded, xenophobic, ignorance are adjectives that resonate altogether and that's a big no thanks....

over a year ago

Birmingham

"If someone has an accent (aside from the different English speaking countires) that means they speak more than one language. For me that's a sign of intelligence, which is only sexy.

Close minded, xenophobic, ignorance are adjectives that resonate altogether and that's a big no thanks.... "

Not sure I see the direct connection to intelligence. So many people have English as a second language from it's prevalence in the modern world. I can go to Germany and tell them I'm 14 years old and would like a return ticket, but that probably won't get me laid!

Or are you subtly saying you think swing is NOT intelligent as she is from an English speaking count. :D

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"I have chatted with someone for quite some time, and finally chatted (talked in via non typing) off site. He realized I'm am American, so refused to even chat more. Due to my non British accent. I guess I dodged a bullet! Would you say yay or nay based on a non English accent?

I would hazard a guess that's just a smokescreen and excuse "

Or he could've been a member of the Royal family

over a year ago

"If someone has an accent (aside from the different English speaking countires) that means they speak more than one language. For me that's a sign of intelligence, which is only sexy.

Close minded, xenophobic, ignorance are adjectives that resonate altogether and that's a big no thanks.... "

Thanks for your point of you.

Maybe there is a light in the tunnel after all...

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

We are lucky enough to have a few friends who's 2nd language is English and their children speak the mother tongue and English and plus some accents are damn sexy but people do use it to be clever and also it's a form of racism as sadly most of our friends have had some sort of abuse ??

over a year ago

Must be my welsh accent putting people off lol. I like different accents American is a massive turn on so is Asian accents but not a deal breaker either way

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

Close minded, xenophobic, ignorance are adjectives that resonate altogether and that's a big no thanks....

Not sure I see the direct connection to intelligence. So many people have English as a second language from it's prevalence in the modern world. I can go to Germany and tell them I'm 14 years old and would like a return ticket, but that probably won't get me laid!

Or are you subtly saying you think swing is NOT intelligent as she is from an English speaking count. :D"

the German has his rules and he will not speak a foreign language on his land "hardly on history, the Nazi will not stain the motherland", of course, it is written jokingly.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Or he could've been a member of the Royal family "

What, like Ricky Tomlinson?

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Or he could've been a member of the Royal family

What, like Ricky Tomlinson? "

Or Craig Cash ??

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It's Estuary English

I don't know what an actual Essex accent sounds like. Is it posh?

Lol

Hardly! If you are interested, the British Library has a huge database of accents and dialects (collected by the BBC).

If you search for British library, accents and dialects, BBC voices you should find it.

Under Essex the Maldon conversations sound just like my Uncles chatting...

I got caught on that site for ages dipping into different regions. Its really great. "

I'll have a listen later. Thanks

By *luttyLaylaWoman
over a year ago

North West

Ridiculous lol.

It’s my biggest pet peeve.... Irish/ Asian/ Belgian guy here.... andddd what? Finish the message lol

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

"Ridiculous lol.

It’s my biggest pet peeve.... Irish/ Asian/ Belgian guy here.... andddd what? Finish the message lol "

African American Hispanic Hindu and Latin

over a year ago

"

Or are you subtly saying you think swing is NOT intelligent as she is from an English speaking count. :D"

On the "intelligent" note. A second language implies so many things. Not just the speaking factor. Here in Ireland as in England the idioms, the different ways of expressing life in general. The banter, Craic, etc. Everything is different as it would be in Spanish or Dutch. Also depending on the region of each country. Its only interesting and intelligent to get to understand and learn all these factors. That's what I'm referring to nothing less nothing more.

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

what relationship has an accent and the knowledge of several languages ??in my country can be basic silesia or a Pomeranian accent and as for the language we use Polish but we still have the obligation to learn Russian English German and we still have an accent like suffocating ducks

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I'm astounded that some clown could be put off by an accent, be it American or Chinese! I would have thought that any foreign accent would have guy's forming an orderly que, not just for the interesting company that someone from a different culture is likely to be, but also it's well documented that the British are far more reserved than other Broad minded nation's when it comes to sex. As for regional accents, I love them all, and could listen to them all day. I've always found that if you take an interest in people, they will take an interest in you, so bring on your accents wherever you are from.

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm fine with any accent except Scottish. It just leaves me cold. I've ended a conversation before on hearing the voice of a Scotsmen and not realising he was.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'm fine with any accent except Scottish. It just leaves me cold. I've ended a conversation before on hearing the voice of a Scotsmen and not realising he was. "

Scottish isn't an accent. You can't seriously say a wee radge from Glasgow and a sheep farmer from the Highlands sound at all the same.

over a year ago

I have had conversations go well and also ended over my Irish accent

over a year ago

Not American people no, you can't spell for toffee

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm fine with any accent except Scottish. It just leaves me cold. I've ended a conversation before on hearing the voice of a Scotsmen and not realising he was.

Scottish isn't an accent. You can't seriously say a wee radge from Glasgow and a sheep farmer from the Highlands sound at all the same."

Not all the same. But distinguishable.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I myself have loads of American friends and have been well over 15 years I find the accent very attractive so a yay for me

Post new Message to Thread