Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab is Blind

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Or could it be? Watching the TV show Love is Blind got me thinking..

For those who haven't seen it, the basic concept is people getting to know each other without meeting face to face. They only meet once they feel they have connected with someone.

So my question is.. would you still be a member if Fab was blind? Could you ever get to know a person behind the screen and only see their face when you meet for the first time? Or is that initial physical attraction more important?

Thoughts...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I think the problem would be is that on Love is Blind you are getting to know the person and forming an emotional attachment. Kind of goes against what most people want from Fab

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ah no. I would need to see the face first.

over a year ago

"I think the problem would be is that on Love is Blind you are getting to know the person and forming an emotional attachment. Kind of goes against what most people want from Fab "

You said I was special!!!!

over a year ago

I know well what women have between their legs. I'm more interested in what they have between their ears...

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I’d meet someone for a coffee if I got on with them regardless of what they looked like. I might not necessarily want to jump into bed with them.

In a hypothetical situation anyway. I watch far too many serial killer programs to be taking any risks and meeting people without knowing who they are, what they look like, full postal address, registration plate, 5 years of address history, 10 years of employment history, 2 character references, next of kin national insurance and blood type

over a year ago

A friend of mine tried this on here. She chatted to a guy and didn’t look at his pics at all. Unfortunately patience isn’t her greatest asset so it didn’t last long. Great idea for an experiment though

over a year ago

"I think the problem would be is that on Love is Blind you are getting to know the person and forming an emotional attachment. Kind of goes against what most people want from Fab "

That was my initial thinking to. One night things are based on sexual attraction but people who like to build some form of friendship/relationship with the person, I wonder how many could go through with it on personality alone.

over a year ago

No, doesn’t matter to me. Her mind and the way she engages me comes first. Sexual attraction may or may not happen thereafter but that’s not because of her face.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I’d meet someone for a coffee if I got on with them regardless of what they looked like. I might not necessarily want to jump into bed with them.

In a hypothetical situation anyway. I watch far too many serial killer programs to be taking any risks and meeting people without knowing who they are, what they look like, full postal address, registration plate, 5 years of address history, 10 years of employment history, 2 character references, next of kin national insurance and blood type "

Wow, that is some intensive vetting. It's easier to get a job in MI5

over a year ago

i think it can happen on fab. lets be honest there are times people are using old photos and sometimes what you think you are getting isnt what you actually meet.

but i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it blind all the time.

over a year ago

I think you could maybes form a bond.... could you? Xx

over a year ago

"A friend of mine tried this on here. She chatted to a guy and didn’t look at his pics at all. Unfortunately patience isn’t her greatest asset so it didn’t last long. Great idea for an experiment though "

It would be a good experiment to see how far a mental attraction can go but I think we all would be too curious not to peak!

over a year ago

"No, doesn’t matter to me. Her mind and the way she engages me comes first. Sexual attraction may or may not happen thereafter but that’s not because of her face."

Interesting, I understand what you mean. I also think being attracted to someone and finding someone attractive are completely different. For me, I need more than a pretty face to be attracted to someone.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I think the problem would be is that on Love is Blind you are getting to know the person and forming an emotional attachment. Kind of goes against what most people want from Fab

You said I was special!!!!"

You said you'd keep it a secret!!!

over a year ago

For dateing purposes i think its brilliant as it takes away the judgemental attitude folk have when it comes to looks. For a relationship to work you have to get to know a person for who they are not what they look like so im glad the show is putting this msg across as its been lost nowadays with how picky folk have become. For NSA it wouldnt work tho.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I’d meet someone for a coffee if I got on with them regardless of what they looked like. I might not necessarily want to jump into bed with them.

In a hypothetical situation anyway. I watch far too many serial killer programs to be taking any risks and meeting people without knowing who they are, what they look like, full postal address, registration plate, 5 years of address history, 10 years of employment history, 2 character references, next of kin national insurance and blood type "

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No, never. I don't like surprises.

I like to see what I'm getting.

over a year ago

Unless the verifications get a lot better it can be hard to put trust into a silhouette

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

In a hypothetical situation anyway. I watch far too many serial killer programs to be taking any risks and meeting people without knowing who they are, what they look like, full postal address, registration plate, 5 years of address history, 10 years of employment history, 2 character references, next of kin national insurance and blood type

Wow, that is some intensive vetting. It's easier to get a job in MI5 "

Probably more Russians in MI5 than there are on here

S

over a year ago

"For dateing purposes i think its brilliant as it takes away the judgemental attitude folk have when it comes to looks. For a relationship to work you have to get to know a person for who they are not what they look like so im glad the show is putting this msg across as its been lost nowadays with how picky folk have become. For NSA it wouldnt work tho."

Agreed, NSA is mostly based on physical attraction so I don't think it could work. Investing in a regular playmate though does take getting to know someone. It would be interesting to see if it could work.

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

It wouldn't work think how bad it is now for fake accounts,time waisters and flat out perves.

Although with out pics the perves wouldn't be as much of a problem but yeah still sticking by my point

over a year ago

"I think the problem would be is that on Love is Blind you are getting to know the person and forming an emotional attachment. Kind of goes against what most people want from Fab

You said you'd keep it a secret!!! "

Ok, I forgive you.

Let’s pick out some curtains.

over a year ago

"Or could it be? Watching the TV show Love is Blind got me thinking..

For those who haven't seen it, the basic concept is people getting to know each other without meeting face to face. They only meet once they feel they have connected with someone.

So my question is.. would you still be a member if Fab was blind? Could you ever get to know a person behind the screen and only see their face when you meet for the first time? Or is that initial physical attraction more important?

Thoughts..."

I watched that. They were declaring their love for each other after only a few chats and about 3 of them wanted to marry the same person. It's madness!

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Ok, I forgive you.

Let’s pick out some curtains."

Was it black out or just thermal lined again??

over a year ago

Thoughts...

I watched that. They were declaring their love for each other after only a few chats and about 3 of them wanted to marry the same person. It's madness! "

isn't all reality tv madness

over a year ago

I don’t ask for pics straight away prefer to chat see if any spark that way

over a year ago

Met my wife online chatted for a bit then she drove up north to meet me kinda blind date we got on glad I did it she was the best of my life she passed away in 2012 cancer after the best ten years so my point is it can work it worked for me

over a year ago

"I don’t ask for pics straight away prefer to chat see if any spark that way "

By *amesleonard12345Man
over a year ago

heathrow/feltham/sunbury

Yes with all the lockdowns

I’m love the chats and it’s not just about sex

Getting to now some one it’s nice

All though on here you never know who your chatting to did any one see the program the Circal a catfish won it you you just never know

over a year ago

Ok, I forgive you.

Let’s pick out some curtains.

Was it black out or just thermal lined again?? "

Anything soft that won’t show semen stains.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 22:16:23]

over a year ago

I’m all for it.

Us fellas with a face like a slapped arse need lovin’ too y’know ..

over a year ago

"No, never. I don't like surprises.

I like to see what I'm getting."

snap

over a year ago

Thoughts..."

I’d have to see them! Call me shallow but been speaking to guys and the talk is good but when I’ve seen a pic it’s just all gone! Don’t mean the guy was a minger just not my type!

over a year ago

There's a dating app which already does this. Exchange messages first then get to see pics. Trying to show attraction is not just about looks.

Even NSA I would still go for personality rather than just looks and on here I rarely look at the photos.

over a year ago

"I don’t ask for pics straight away prefer to chat see if any spark that way "

Same.

I prefer profiles without public pics.

But then meet within 2 weeks of first chatting or no meet at all.

over a year ago

I've had several 'blind' meets

over a year ago

Attraction is very important so I dont think it would work in the long run for me, or even the short term tbh.

I need both.

Mental and physical attraction.

Just 1 simply wouldnt do.

over a year ago

Its an interesting thought that's for sure! Guess we all have our limits on the risks we are willing to take. Ultimately though, personality is what makes a person attractive for me.

over a year ago

I quite often meet a guy blind and loads of guys have met me blind!

One chap actually asked why I didn't ask for a photo when we met and I said (correctly so) that I wanted to meet the guy I'm chatting with not a photo! After he left the bar lady said that I know you said he was tall but you never said he was incredibly good looking!

My daughter (known him a while now and she turned up from uni lol) said he looks like an older version of young Gerard Butler!!! So that was awesome and we've been great friends ever since ... noone has ever actually been bad looking just mainly aren't the personality they project via messages

Easier for me because I have a job where it's virtually impossible to send a face picture (everyone totally understands once we've met lol) and I really do find the brain and the mind connection absolutely necessary and much much sexually attractive than looks alone!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I could do fab blind, but the ratio of them slipping straight into the friend zone when we meet would be incredibly high if I didn't find his face attractive

Post new Message to Thread