Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If you want good lingerie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You have to pay good money.

I have many people inbox me to ask where I get my stuff and for corset advice, but when I put a price to it, many shy away.

Out of the amount that have asked me for corset advice, I would say 1% has actually listened.

I know this is a little rant, but I felt like getting it off my chest.

It is not hate in anyones direction either, just a simple statement.

Good shit costs alot

(I am still happy to help point people in the right direction if they are genuinly curious/interested or need some help, I do make my own for myself so have quite a bit of knowledge on corsets)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Think this is so true like many things built to last. I'd love a corset but I know it'll cost a fair bit. So I'm going to wait until I've returned to my normal weight so I can get a perfect one. I'd rather wait and get one that does what it should. Than buy 2 rubbish ones that don't.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

I’m okay for corsets but should I ever decide I need one, I’ll pay a lot for it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Think this is so true like many things built to last. I'd love a corset but I know it'll cost a fair bit. So I'm going to wait until I've returned to my normal weight so I can get a perfect one. I'd rather wait and get one that does what it should. Than buy 2 rubbish ones that don't. "

I'd love one too (yours are stunning Ivy!) but exactly the same, losing weight currently so will have to wait. I've had two awful ones in the past that just didn't look that great and folded a bit which looks awful.

One day soon

over a year ago

"Think this is so true like many things built to last. I'd love a corset but I know it'll cost a fair bit. So I'm going to wait until I've returned to my normal weight so I can get a perfect one. I'd rather wait and get one that does what it should. Than buy 2 rubbish ones that don't. "

It is always worth it in the long run.

Plastic bones and chinese made will get you maybe 2 wears before they warp, and as for holding big boobs up, not a chance

I have one I paid a heft price for 7 years ago and it is still going strong now.

Some of mine will bend or snap in time but this is due to my method of tight lacing and to the extent I use them.

The average wearer, if they get a good corset, should get many years out of it

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

If you want quality that lasts... you need to be prepared for the costs involved.

I only have two corsets as I don't wear them enough to get a real everyday benefit... both are 15 years old and in great condition as they weren't cheap to start with and have been looked after (good advice given at time of purchase)

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Problem is my Mrs will only wear thing's a couple of times,if we've been to a club or party and she's worn it then chances are it'll end up on eBay as she doesn't like to be seen in same stuff twice

But maybe different with an expensive corset, we saw some lovely ones in some really nice boutique style sex/lingerie shop's down in Brighton.

over a year ago

"If you want quality that lasts... you need to be prepared for the costs involved.

I only have two corsets as I don't wear them enough to get a real everyday benefit... both are 15 years old and in great condition as they weren't cheap to start with and have been looked after (good advice given at time of purchase)"

This is my point.

In the long run, a good corset is worth the investment.

You could easily spend the same on 10 cheap ones that will wear out, warp and bend out of shape, than 1 sturdy one

over a year ago

"Problem is my Mrs will only wear thing's a couple of times,if we've been to a club or party and she's worn it then chances are it'll end up on eBay as she doesn't like to be seen in same stuff twice

But maybe different with an expensive corset, we saw some lovely ones in some really nice boutique style sex/lingerie shop's down in Brighton."

I know this feeling

Luckily I have so many and go to so many different clubs it isnt often I am seen in the same place twice in the same one more than 6 months apart, I can deal with that.

If I wear one more often it is a generic black one that can be matched up with so much different lingerie so still getting a different look

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
over a year ago

Cheam

Silly question but how comfortable are they? With better quality/price to you get the extra comfy fit?

Bx

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I learnt this years ago, Ivy, with just regular underwear. I used to be a lot slimmer but always had big boobs, and struggled to by DD+ bras. But having paid for quality & support back then, it's done me in good stay ever since as - even though gravity IS taking affect - they're not as droopy as some people my age.

You get what you pay for! X

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'd imagine that double boned steel corsets would'nt exactly come cheap. Less so if they have satin finish

over a year ago

"Silly question but how comfortable are they? With better quality/price to you get the extra comfy fit?

Bx"

Not a silly question but it is a difficult one to answer.

It depends on what you call comfort?

Also how you wear them.

I like the restricted feeling, and I lace mine so tight I do restrict my breathing but know how to manage it.

Sitting on low seats, like sofas is not going to be comfy.

Sitting on upright chairs, not an issue. They help my back when standing for long periods too, and I know to take stairs steadily

over a year ago

100% true I agree with this but would like to say also

There are quite a lot place out there hype they prices on cheap stuff because it’s skimpy

That’s why when ever I see a thread asking about lingerie I always ask

If they looking for low range or mid or high range

There’s lot out there that the quality is in the low range but they priceing is in the mid to high range because off the skimpy ness bracket

In the past I have end meets because a guys pulled on my dress and then got a shock at the price off it

I always say if your wanting to pull at my clothes and stuff let me know before hand so I can put something cheap on don’t need a £400 dress wasted

over a year ago

"I learnt this years ago, Ivy, with just regular underwear. I used to be a lot slimmer but always had big boobs, and struggled to by DD+ bras. But having paid for quality & support back then, it's done me in good stay ever since as - even though gravity IS taking affect - they're not as droopy as some people my age.

You get what you pay for! X"

Yes bras too!

Ann summmers are sexy but for big bossoms are aweful day to day. Thin shoulder straps and ill fitted.

Some bras I have paid 50 quid plus for have lasted me years, and I like to think my boobs are in good form for their size

over a year ago

What kind of prices are we talking?

What's the best way to clean them?

over a year ago

"I'd imagine that double boned steel corsets would'nt exactly come cheap. Less so if they have satin finish "

All mine are double steel boned on every seam, also a reinforced busk.

The average one I make has atleast 6 extra strong flat steels and 16 heavy duty spiral bones round the curved areas

This increases with however many panels I choose to have.

I am in the process of making a red pvc overbust.

It will have 16 panels 6 flat steels and 28 spirals

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Absolutely agree! I spent good money on my corset in my profile picture and it's still going strong 8 years later and has many years of life left in it. I believe the same for good lingerie and my best set is nearly as old as my corset but still in great condition (though it only gets worn for dressing up!).

I can appreciate that not everyone can afford to do it but some people are so rediculous and entitled, expecting bespoke designers to work for below minimum wage so they can have the nice things they want.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I learnt this years ago, Ivy, with just regular underwear. I used to be a lot slimmer but always had big boobs, and struggled to by DD+ bras. But having paid for quality & support back then, it's done me in good stay ever since as - even though gravity IS taking affect - they're not as droopy as some people my age.

You get what you pay for! X

Yes bras too!

Ann summmers are sexy but for big bossoms are aweful day to day. Thin shoulder straps and ill fitted.

Some bras I have paid 50 quid plus for have lasted me years, and I like to think my boobs are in good form for their size "

I'd never buy in Ann Summers, etc. They just don't fit right.

I think £40 back in the day was the most of pay, but get good quality for £20 - £30 these days.

Especially on tinternet.

I'd love a corset like yours, but I just couldn't justify the price for me. You do look absolutely stunning in them, though xx

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

I can make some out of bubble wrap and a couple of old socks.

over a year ago

"What kind of prices are we talking?

"

From 100 up, depending on what you want, some can cost 500-1000 (not mine)

Custom made is particularly pricey.

Many expect miracles on a 30 quid budget because they see them on amazon for that price.

As for cleaning, always hand wash, try to wear a liner of some kind underneath, like a slip, or put them over lingerie.

Use a warm damp cloth to clean them for the most part though.

If there is a dramatic stain, best take it do a dry cleaners

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Cannot beat steel boned .... most definitely worth the investment. I wear them with jeans for vanilla events too. They help with posture and are almost a back brace I know when I had a slight injury a few years ago a weekend event wearing corsets all day and it was LOADS better..... see so I can justify the price as they’re for medicinal purposes.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 16:15:14]

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I have crap 'corsets' for clubs but they aren't corsets really, just a bodice.

I also have some reeealllly lovely corsets for other wear Velda Lauder has my measurements and has made me more than one over the years

As a reasonable mid range I like Leatherotics stuff, but rarely wear it to a club these days after someone pissed on me (without asking!!!!) and kinda ruined my fave one

By *heDesiCandiTV/TS
over a year ago

visiting

Love your corsets - they are one of a kind. In awe and totally agree - if you want to look great - buy quality things that suit you and learn to custom them

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

"I'd imagine that double boned steel corsets would'nt exactly come cheap. Less so if they have satin finish

The average one I make has atleast 6 extra strong flat steels and 16 heavy duty spiral bones round the curved areas

It will have 16 panels 6 flat steels and 28 spirals"

You make all your own corsets?

Well done if you do! Thought of making a business out of it?

over a year ago

"Cannot beat steel boned .... most definitely worth the investment. I wear them with jeans for vanilla events too. They help with posture and are almost a back brace I know when I had a slight injury a few years ago a weekend event wearing corsets all day and it was LOADS better..... see so I can justify the price as they’re for medicinal purposes. "

I wear mine under my dresses to go shopping and 100% agree on the back support

over a year ago

"I have crap 'corsets' for clubs but they aren't corsets really, just a bodice.

I also have some reeealllly lovely corsets for other wear Velda Lauder has my measurements and has made me more than one over the years

As a reasonable mid range I like Leatherotics stuff, but rarely wear it to a club these days after someone pissed on me (without asking!!!!) and kinda ruined my fave one "

OMG I WOULD HAVE FLIPPED!!!!

over a year ago

"I'd imagine that double boned steel corsets would'nt exactly come cheap. Less so if they have satin finish

It will have 16 panels 6 flat steels and 28 spirals

You make all your own corsets?

Well done if you do! Thought of making a business out of it? "

I do and I did, however I am part cripple and couldnt work the hours I needed to sadly. So just a hobby now

over a year ago

"What kind of prices are we talking?

From 100 up, depending on what you want, some can cost 500-1000 (not mine)

Custom made is particularly pricey.

Many expect miracles on a 30 quid budget because they see them on amazon for that price.

As for cleaning, always hand wash, try to wear a liner of some kind underneath, like a slip, or put them over lingerie.

Use a warm damp cloth to clean them for the most part though.

If there is a dramatic stain, best take it do a dry cleaners"

Thank you

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

As a reasonable mid range I like Leatherotics stuff, but rarely wear it to a club these days after someone pissed on me (without asking!!!!) and kinda ruined my fave one

"

I wasn't impressed with her to say the least - felt totally violated and my poor leather baby

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

I wasn't impressed with her to say the least - felt totally violated and my poor leather baby "

I'd have decked her

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I wasn't impressed with her to say the least - felt totally violated and my poor leather baby "

Disgraceful behaviour!

over a year ago

I wasn't impressed with her to say the least - felt totally violated and my poor leather baby

Disgraceful behaviour!

"

100%

To do that without permission is vile anyway but to ruin your corset too.

It makes me angry and it didnt even happen to me!

By *extravagantWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Good quality lingerie is great for home play but terrible for clubs/parties where things get out of hand and end up nicked, slots or damaged.

I had a lovely thong stolen at a pool party in Cap d’Agde and then saw the girl wearing it at another party later that week. It takes guts to steal and wear used underwear

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Good quality lingerie is great for home play but terrible for clubs/parties where things get out of hand and end up nicked, slots or damaged.

I had a lovely thong stolen at a pool party in Cap d’Agde and then saw the girl wearing it at another party later that week. It takes guts to steal and wear used underwear "

That's a bit grim, especially a thong

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'd love a custom made corset, I have a small waist compared to my hips and boobs, and struggle to find off the shelf ones that fit properly. That said, the ones I have have been bought for dance and I need a certain amount of movement that a proper steel boned one wouldn't give.

Something to save up for in the future

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"You have to pay good money.

I have many people inbox me to ask where I get my stuff and for corset advice, but when I put a price to it, many shy away.

Out of the amount that have asked me for corset advice, I would say 1% has actually listened.

Good shit costs alot

(I am still happy to help point people in the right direction if they are genuinly curious/interested or need some help, I do make my own for myself so have quite a bit of knowledge on corsets)"

Can you please pm me - I really would like to have some advice as to where you get your lovely outfits from but cant message you due to filters. Thanks x

over a year ago

I never really spend more than £40 on a lingerie item and they don't really look great after a few washes.....Op is right about spending more to get better...I was looking at a lingerie designer called Jane Woolrich the other week and she has some great lingerie..but very pricy at £400 for a corset..but they look so good i might just splash out.

over a year ago

I have a very expensive corset that I've had for around 20 years, but it barely gets any use.. As much as i love the feel and shape i can totally freak out when being laced into it and have been hysterical at times trying to get out of it - once the panic sets in, breathing is very difficult

over a year ago

"I have a very expensive corset that I've had for around 20 years, but it barely gets any use.. As much as i love the feel and shape i can totally freak out when being laced into it and have been hysterical at times trying to get out of it - once the panic sets in, breathing is very difficult "

Yes I wouldnt advise anyone who panics when restricted to do what I do.

I fainted once

over a year ago

"I have a very expensive corset that I've had for around 20 years, but it barely gets any use.. As much as i love the feel and shape i can totally freak out when being laced into it and have been hysterical at times trying to get out of it - once the panic sets in, breathing is very difficult

Yes I wouldnt advise anyone who panics when restricted to do what I do.

I fainted once "

I get palpitations when i see you and often wonder if you've had ribs removed

over a year ago

Ivy, thank you so much for your post!

I've always admired your look, and corsets.

What's your thoughts on these waist training corsets? Asking for a friend

My waste is too old to be trained

over a year ago

"Ivy, thank you so much for your post!

My waste is too old to be trained "

Never to old to train your body, but it depends if you are going to put in the time it takes.

I was wearing them for several hours a day at one point, ans if you have a break for a month or more you will lose what you have achieved x

over a year ago

Never to old to train your body, but it depends if you are going to put in the time it takes.

I was wearing them for several hours a day at one point, ans if you have a break for a month or more you will lose what you have achieved x"

OK, so would you advise to try one whilst loosing weight, or wait until they've lost the weight (did that make sense?)

Also not able to wear it at work, so would have to be 2- 4hrs in the evening.

Thoughts?

over a year ago

I'd love one that looks good and fits me well, but I wouldn't want to restrict my movement or breathing. I like the idea of having your back supported. If I liked one enough I'd pay the price for it. But if you're not wearing one for how they were intended and just for looks I guess a price tag can put you off a little.

over a year ago

I was wearing them for several hours a day at one point, ans if you have a break for a month or more you will lose what you have achieved x

OK, so would you advise to try one whilst loosing weight, or wait until they've lost the weight (did that make sense?)

Thoughts? "

I would say go for it, most corsets fit for a good 4-5inches up or down, just go for a smaller fit, lace it tightly and it will allow you to downsize more, sculpting your shape as you go x

over a year ago

Thoughts?

I would say go for it, most corsets fit for a good 4-5inches up or down, just go for a smaller fit, lace it tightly and it will allow you to downsize more, sculpting your shape as you go x"

I was just going to ask about the sizing. I stepped away from corset websites as got dizzy.. didn't want to bother you privately but thanks for this post. x

over a year ago

"I'd love one that looks good and fits me well, but I wouldn't want to restrict my movement or breathing. I like the idea of having your back supported. If I liked one enough I'd pay the price for it. But if you're not wearing one for how they were intended and just for looks I guess a price tag can put you off a little. "

I would still advice going for the 50-70 quid area for this use.

The cheap china ones really are no good for anything x

over a year ago

"Good quality lingerie is great for home play but terrible for clubs/parties where things get out of hand and end up nicked, slots or damaged.

I had a lovely thong stolen at a pool party in Cap d’Agde and then saw the girl wearing it at another party later that week. It takes guts to steal and wear used underwear "

That's shocking!

I'd hate to ruin something decent in a club or lose it.

over a year ago

"I'd love one that looks good and fits me well, but I wouldn't want to restrict my movement or breathing. I like the idea of having your back supported. If I liked one enough I'd pay the price for it. But if you're not wearing one for how they were intended and just for looks I guess a price tag can put you off a little.

I would still advice going for the 50-70 quid area for this use.

The cheap china ones really are no good for anything x"

I had a cheap China one just for fun. The zip broke. Tried another recently somewhere else and more expensive but It didn't fit. The panel down the front was too rigid and didn't flatter my natural shape so I sent it back and bought a harness instead

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

The last time I tried to wear a plastic-boned fashion bustier (I won’t dignify it with the name corset), I snapped two bones the first time I put it on. Threw it out in disgust and have only bought steel-boned since.

over a year ago

"The last time I tried to wear a plastic-boned fashion bustier (I won’t dignify it with the name corset), I snapped two bones the first time I put it on. Threw it out in disgust and have only bought steel-boned since."

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I love corsets and would love to train my waist. Can you give advise on a good everyday waist trainer? I'm never very sure as I'm longish in the torso (compared to short legs) I'm never sure they will be long enough to get the proper effect?

I would also possibly wear under tops for work (when back in the office) if I could get away with it

over a year ago

"I love corsets and would love to train my waist. Can you give advise on a good everyday waist trainer? I'm never very sure as I'm longish in the torso (compared to short legs) I'm never sure they will be long enough to get the proper effect?

I would also possibly wear under tops for work (when back in the office) if I could get away with it "

Me too. Following one of the websites I looked at had a disguise rating. I liked that.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Also - do you follow a pattern for making your own or have it stored in you head?

I have always wanted to try and make my own but fear I may get confused so any direction for where to find easy patterns would be very gratefully received

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"I love corsets and would love to train my waist. Can you give advise on a good everyday waist trainer? I'm never very sure as I'm longish in the torso (compared to short legs) I'm never sure they will be long enough to get the proper effect?

I would also possibly wear under tops for work (when back in the office) if I could get away with it

Me too. Following one of the websites I looked at had a disguise rating. I liked that. "

Ooh what site was that Rose?? I don't think I've noticed that before?

over a year ago

Good shit costs alot

(I am still happy to help point people in the right direction if they are genuinly curious/interested or need some help, I do make my own for myself so have quite a bit of knowledge on corsets)"

That's not lingerie, that's civil engineering!

over a year ago

"Also - do you follow a pattern for making your own or have it stored in you head?

I have always wanted to try and make my own but fear I may get confused so any direction for where to find easy patterns would be very gratefully received "

Its in my head I am afraid, I draw my own patterns, it just takes alot of maths haha

By *extravagantWoman
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"I have a very expensive corset that I've had for around 20 years, but it barely gets any use.. As much as i love the feel and shape i can totally freak out when being laced into it and have been hysterical at times trying to get out of it - once the panic sets in, breathing is very difficult "

OMG, I have the same, feels claustrophobic.

over a year ago

I would also possibly wear under tops for work (when back in the office) if I could get away with it "

I cannot advertise on here sorry, just be sure to have a good look at the measurements, dont order from abroad (although aussie ones or american arnt bad) and expect it to cost a good amount, if it is under 60 quid i wouldnt even bother, no matter what it says lol

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Your corsets are beautiful Ivy . Thank you for posting .

over a year ago

Thoughts?

I would say go for it, most corsets fit for a good 4-5inches up or down, just go for a smaller fit, lace it tightly and it will allow you to downsize more, sculpting your shape as you go x"

Thank you so much for your advice Ivy xxx

By *lipy123TV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

Good shit costs alot

over a year ago

I feel we need an "Ivy Workshop" weekend.(obviously when guidelines allow)

Corsets, demonstration, fitting, advice by day

Drink, giggles, out of the town trying to breath wearing corsets by night

over a year ago

You're not wrong! I've never tried a corset but can't imagine a cheap one would do much to shape your body.

over a year ago

"I feel we need an "Ivy Workshop" weekend.(obviously when guidelines allow)

"

That sounds like a great suggestion.

over a year ago

"

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"

Now that is an epic idea

over a year ago

Ekhm... I got mine "Ivy approved"

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Ivy wishes that whalebone was still available...

over a year ago

"Ivy wishes that whalebone was still available..."

No....she doesnt actually

By *urlyCatzWoman
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Think this is so true like many things built to last. I'd love a corset but I know it'll cost a fair bit. So I'm going to wait until I've returned to my normal weight so I can get a perfect one. I'd rather wait and get one that does what it should. Than buy 2 rubbish ones that don't.

Thanks for this, now to start saving

It is always worth it in the long run.

Plastic bones and chinese made will get you maybe 2 wears before they warp, and as for holding big boobs up, not a chance

I have one I paid a heft price for 7 years ago and it is still going strong now.

Some of mine will bend or snap in time but this is due to my method of tight lacing and to the extent I use them.

The average wearer, if they get a good corset, should get many years out of it "

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Ivy wishes that whalebone was still available...

No....she doesnt actually "

I only meant that I imagine it would be much better than steel...ethics aside.

over a year ago

I only meant that I imagine it would be much better than steel...ethics aside."

and I didnt mean ethics either.

Steel was introduced whilst whalebone was still available because it is the better product to use

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Steel was introduced whilst whalebone was still available because it is the better product to use"

Really? Why?

In case you're wondering why I'm following this thread it's because I'm interested in historical clothing. While it's easy to make replicas, we need the experience of people who wear items regularly for everyday tasks to gain any insight.

But I don't want to hijack, sorry!

over a year ago

Steel was introduced whilst whalebone was still available because it is the better product to use

Really? Why?

In case you're wondering why I'm following this thread it's because I'm interested in historical clothing. While it's easy to make replicas, we need the experience of people who wear items regularly for everyday tasks to gain any insight.

But I don't want to hijack, sorry!"

Google can answer that but mainly its weight, much more lightweight and flexibility, rather than waffle on here the ins and outs of history

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Really? Why?

But I don't want to hijack, sorry!"

Fortunately for you you're not too far from where the Symington corset collection is held.

By *ackdaw52Man
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Really? Why?

But I don't want to hijack, sorry!

Fortunately for you you're not too far from where the Symington corset collection is held. "

Yeah, I know!

Was more interested in the comments about movement, sitting and body training because that's the kind of insight you don't get much of.

I do like the look, though. Ivy is stunning; her pics are the best on fab imo, and this thread makes me appreciate them on a whole new level!

Post new Message to Thread