Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Karma do you believe?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So do you believe in laws of attraction..

I myself do...do the right thing, and right things happens..

Well thats how I try to live my life....

For instance, I went to the barbers this morning, was first in a long queue of ppl, the next was a dad with his 2 young sons...one us autistic. So the humanity in me says to the father, plz let your son go first...he accepts, when there done he says to barber, put 9 pound on my card for this gents haircut.

Which after telling him there was no need fir that, I gracefully accepted...

Restores my faith in the human race.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I consider my self a kind, generous person. I find myself surrounded by mostly kind, generous people and life experiences. Is that karma ?

over a year ago

"I consider my self a kind, generous person. I find myself surrounded by mostly kind, generous people and life experiences. Is that karma ?"

I'm not sure what it is, I just used Karma as a reference

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Yes, I follow sprirtualy, from hippy parents, communte living, I lived and traveled in Asia and stayed with various guru's and studied yoya and meditaion. Karma is more about your cosmic karma, about re-birth and your live cycle is about breaking your kamra so you beak your re-birth pattern and ascend.

The law of attraction is about using your kundalini energy to obtain a higher perspective and seperationg of ego.

It is how you perceive things and looking at all thing positivley. Not about willing yourself to win the lottery.

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"I consider my self a kind, generous person. I find myself surrounded by mostly kind, generous people and life experiences. Is that karma ?

I'm not sure what it is, I just used Karma as a reference "

Me neither, hence I asked

By *incskittenWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 15:34:32]

over a year ago

"So do you believe in laws of attraction..

For instance, I went to the barbers this morning, was first in a long queue of ppl, the next was a dad with his 2 young sons...one us autistic. So the humanity in me says to the father, plz let your son go first...he accepts, when there done he says to barber, put 9 pound on my card for this gents haircut.

"

How lovely of him to do that, and you for thinking of them before yourself xx

I do believe in living a good and positive life. I changed my career to make sure I give back in some way. It feels good to be kind and my old job was ruthless with no good feeling at the end of the day.

The whole karma thing you're talking about is do good and it'll come back to you and same for bad things. Yes, that has happened occasionally in my life but whether it is karma I don't know.

All I know is treat others how you would like to be treated. That's the least we can do in this world. Xx

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

What a lovely gesture and how kind of the man to show his appreciation in such a generous way.

I don't believe in karma as some invisible force but I do believe that putting kindness out into the world is likely to have a positive, knock on effect you may benefit from. It also makes you feel good and you tend to be more positive in your perception of the world when you do.

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

No. Although sometimes nice things happen to nice people, all too often shit things happen to nice people and vice versa.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Put good into the world and you’ll get it back.

I remember helping an old woman in marksies who had broken her arm, so I packed her shopping into her trolley for her. The woman who then served me gave me a fiver off my shopping x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I don't believe in Karma, at least not in the "do good things and good things will happen to you" version of Karma.

I do believe however in acting kindly and it will repay itself in some way. Often the repayment is feeling good that you've done something, and that's sufficient.

OP, you sound like you did a good deed for a good reason - I think if everyone did more of that, the world would be a bit better

Mr KC

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I don't believe the universe will do good things if I do good. But I do believe kindness is a chain reaction.

over a year ago

"Yes, I follow sprirtualy, from hippy parents, communte living, I lived and traveled in Asia and stayed with various guru's and studied yoya and meditaion. Karma is more about your cosmic karma, about re-birth and your live cycle is about breaking your kamra so you beak your re-birth pattern and ascend.

The law of attraction is about using your kundalini energy to obtain a higher perspective and seperationg of ego.

It is how you perceive things and looking at all thing positivley. Not about willing yourself to win the lottery."

I agree its not about doing things for bettering yourself materialisticly, I myself do the right thing as it makes me feel good about myself, and in that is reward enough, if a little good comes back my way, then its a bonus.

over a year ago

"Yes, I follow sprirtualy, from hippy parents, communte living, I lived and traveled in Asia and stayed with various guru's and studied yoya and meditaion. Karma is more about your cosmic karma, about re-birth and your live cycle is about breaking your kamra so you beak your re-birth pattern and ascend.

It is how you perceive things and looking at all thing positivley. Not about willing yourself to win the lottery.

I agree its not about doing things for bettering yourself materialisticly, I myself do the right thing as it makes me feel good about myself, and in that is reward enough, if a little good comes back my way, then its a bonus."

Add-on..I led a very selfish life, which I now try to make amendments for, by behaving in a total polar opposite

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't believe in the popular definition of karma that says bad things will happen to people who do bad things to you. That absolves you of responsibility to an extent and means that most of us will be in for a tough ride.

I think karma would mean we forgave our enemies rather than wish ill upon them

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

I love it when karma comes back and especially for bad deeds a lesson in humility. This daddy could spit at you any way he wanted. It depends on upbringing and character

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I love it when karma comes back and especially for bad deeds a lesson in humility. This daddy could spit at you any way he wanted. It depends on upbringing and character "

You're bringing bad karma on yourself if you think that way, surely.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, I do not.

over a year ago

"

How did you know his son was autistic ?

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

Good things happen to good people.

Best chat I had was from my old 3 bar years ago “if serving others is below you then leadership is beyond you.”

I say chat it was a bollocking for not helping one of the new lads. Never forgot it though.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I actually know a millionaire who shops in Lidl where there's no express check out. If he is standing there with just a couple of items, and someone with a pile of shopping let's him go in front of them, he pays for their groceries, but if someone doesn't allow him through, he then, let's them pay, shows them his Coutts debit card, and tells them that the way eccentric old millionaire's get their kicks is by being nice to people who are nice to them, and if they had let him through with just his couple of items, he'd have picked up the tab for their shopping. Apparently their faces are indescribable.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I actually know a millionaire who shops in Lidl where there's no express check out. If he is standing there with just a couple of items, and someone with a pile of shopping let's him go in front of them, he pays for their groceries, but if someone doesn't allow him through, he then, let's them pay, shows them his Coutts debit card, and tells them that the way eccentric old millionaire's get their kicks is by being nice to people who are nice to them, and if they had let him through with just his couple of items, he'd have picked up the tab for their shopping. Apparently their faces are indescribable. "

That's not karma though is it. Eccentric I will agree

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

"I actually know a millionaire who shops in Lidl where there's no express check out. If he is standing there with just a couple of items, and someone with a pile of shopping let's him go in front of them, he pays for their groceries, but if someone doesn't allow him through, he then, let's them pay, shows them his Coutts debit card, and tells them that the way eccentric old millionaire's get their kicks is by being nice to people who are nice to them, and if they had let him through with just his couple of items, he'd have picked up the tab for their shopping. Apparently their faces are indescribable.

That's not karma though is it. Eccentric I will agree"

Perhaps not, but it does instill consideration in inconsiderate people queuing at Lidl checkouts

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I actually know a millionaire who shops in Lidl where there's no express check out. If he is standing there with just a couple of items, and someone with a pile of shopping let's him go in front of them, he pays for their groceries, but if someone doesn't allow him through, he then, let's them pay, shows them his Coutts debit card, and tells them that the way eccentric old millionaire's get their kicks is by being nice to people who are nice to them, and if they had let him through with just his couple of items, he'd have picked up the tab for their shopping. Apparently their faces are indescribable.

Perhaps not, but it does instill consideration in inconsiderate people queuing at Lidl checkouts "

*If* karma works in the way it's popularly believed to he would be in for some harsh lessons himself I think.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Perhaps not, but it does instill consideration in inconsiderate people queuing at Lidl checkouts "

How does he know they are inconsiderate? Could be someone doing their shopping on their way home from work and want to get in to see their kids before bed but need milk and food for sandwiches in the morning. I don't think karma even if it did exist would be individuals playing god.

over a year ago

i hope so.

i have to believe that good comes to good, and bad gets bad, otherwise what's it all for?

why have i had to endure what ive endured, if its for nothing?

why would he get away with what he's gotten away with?

call me stupid, whatever.

i need to believe there's a reason.. and that in some Disney-Princess way I'll finally get my happy ending, and the wrong-doer gets their comeuppance.

Px

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Karma in my opinion isn't about other people learning lessons, it's about us as individuals learning and growing. You don't do that by wishing bad things on other people or by taking it upon yourself to mete out what you think of as justice

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"i hope so.

i have to believe that good comes to good, and bad gets bad, otherwise what's it all for?

why have i had to endure what ive endured, if its for nothing?

why would he get away with what he's gotten away with?

call me stupid, whatever.

i need to believe there's a reason.. and that in some Disney-Princess way I'll finally get my happy ending, and the wrong-doer gets their comeuppance.

Px"

I used to feel like this, to be honest it ate up inside. How could he treat me this way and get away with it?

But they don't get away with it, they don't get me anymore and they have to live with it. There was a reason for it all, it made me me and I'm a better stronger person than they will ever be because of it. I'm happy and they now can't handle it. But that is their cross to bear not mine. They had their chance and they squandered it. Don't look back lovely, look forward your best days are ahead of you x

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

"I love it when karma comes back and especially for bad deeds a lesson in humility. This daddy could spit at you any way he wanted. It depends on upbringing and character

You're bringing bad karma on yourself if you think that way, surely. "

I'm sorry, my mistake is the other guy who hurts others and he gets a kick in the ass many times harder, I know what it is like from my own experience lol karma comes back life is brutal

By *icktickboomMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Definitely 100% I help the homeless on weekends giving them food and warm clothes. If I tell people it's to help the charity I volunteer at not to promote myself but the things I've been give by strangers and friends is unbelievable and kind one guy on a night out on the Quayside came and thanked me for what I was doing it was a cold wet winter night and handed me 100£ I was so shocked. Someone else rang me I was at work and offered me 120£ of pizzas to hand out. I done this in lock down. Good deeds come when you do good things definitely. X

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Perhaps not, but it does instill consideration in inconsiderate people queuing at Lidl checkouts

How does he know they are inconsiderate? Could be someone doing their shopping on their way home from work and want to get in to see their kids before bed but need milk and food for sandwiches in the morning. I don't think karma even if it did exist would be individuals playing god. "

I can't honestly say that I give it a lot of thought, it was just something that he told me over dinner one night that he does. It just crossed my mind when I read the first posting about the guy offering to pay for a haircut for allowing him to go in front.

over a year ago

I somewhat believe in Karma.

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

"Definitely 100% I help the homeless on weekends giving them food and warm clothes. If I tell people it's to help the charity I volunteer at not to promote myself but the things I've been give by strangers and friends is unbelievable and kind one guy on a night out on the Quayside came and thanked me for what I was doing it was a cold wet winter night and handed me 100£ I was so shocked. Someone else rang me I was at work and offered me 120£ of pizzas to hand out. I done this in lock down. Good deeds come when you do good things definitely. X"
I was here in London homeless 2 years, now when I got up with the help of one organization I have a flat I am looking for a job but always if I have something to do, I will give it to the homeless person because I know what it means to sleep on the street

over a year ago

No, I don't believe in Karma.

You either good or bad person.

However, I do believe in luck in life that helps to meet other good people.

By *uksodeepMan
over a year ago

Livingston

"No, I don't believe in Karma.

You either good or bad person.

However, I do believe in luck in life that helps to meet other good people.

"

it sounds better like "hope the mother of fools and dies last" true story

over a year ago

How did you know his son was autistic ? "

As he told me outside waiting for the barber to come and open, when we got chatting abiut life n struggles I shared with him mine, he shared some his with me

over a year ago

I find people take the piss with generosity

"

over a year ago

I don't believe in Karma. It's a nice idea, but so many bad people prosper and never seem to see the consequences of their actions.

over a year ago

Also so many live with treating others good and/or are just good I general and yet receive such hard hands in life.

over a year ago

"I actually know a millionaire who shops in Lidl where there's no express check out. If he is standing there with just a couple of items, and someone with a pile of shopping let's him go in front of them, he pays for their groceries, but if someone doesn't allow him through, he then, let's them pay, shows them his Coutts debit card, and tells them that the way eccentric old millionaire's get their kicks is by being nice to people who are nice to them, and if they had let him through with just his couple of items, he'd have picked up the tab for their shopping. Apparently their faces are indescribable. "

If he was really being nice, he'd do it in waitrose too

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Karma is not: I've done some good and something good will happen to me.

Their are four dimensions of Karma and then you have to include the Karma body and the casual body.

The prupose of your real being the 'I am' is to overcome your karma so you can break free of the constant cylce of birth and life.

Post new Message to Thread