Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Polite reminder ...

Jump to newest

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

Whilst things are reopening, I feel it's only fair I treat you to a public service reminder.

I know you've not been out for an age. I know you want to make the most of your new found "freedom". I know you're excited.

Just remember... the staff in these places have also been cooped up. Their stamina will not be the same. Their bodies will hurt. They'll be nervous and tentative even if you're not.

If you're asked to do something or not to do something.... just fucking take it as given and don't pissing play your face, question or strop throw. They'll be doing their best, so be thankful of that even if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Be respectful, be polite, be patient and most of all, don't be the person that makes them go out back and cry, wishing they never came back to work.

They've suffered too. They've lost people too. They're PEOPLE too.

Peace out

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Whilst things are reopening, I feel it's only fair I treat you to a public service reminder.

I know you've not been out for an age. I know you want to make the most of your new found "freedom". I know you're excited.

Just remember... the staff in these places have also been cooped up. Their stamina will not be the same. Their bodies will hurt. They'll be nervous and tentative even if you're not.

If you're asked to do something or not to do something.... just fucking take it as given and don't pissing play your face, question or strop throw. They'll be doing their best, so be thankful of that even if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Be respectful, be polite, be patient and most of all, don't be the person that makes them go out back and cry, wishing they never came back to work.

Peace out "

110% agree with this well said xxx

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Well said

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

*Round of Applause Peach *

Absofuckinlutely, sadly I expect it won't always be the case today but hopefully most will be polite and respectful

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Couldn't have put it better

over a year ago

Very well said

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

"Whilst things are reopening, I feel it's only fair I treat you to a public service reminder.

Peace out "

Nicely said.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Damn right

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Absolutely

over a year ago

Totally agree

Her x

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I agree with everything in this

over a year ago

Totally agree with this x

over a year ago

Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

Treating people like imbeciles.

And the ones ,who you may feel need this little rant,will not take any heed anyway.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 13:22:46]

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

My first full day back today and I’m exhausted already just from being around people and my place hasn’t even been that busy.

over a year ago

Well Said Prime Minister Peach

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And the ones ,who you may feel need this little rant,will not take any heed anyway."

As someone who was raised in the public sector and worked in it for years, the amount that are imbeciles is quite high.

It was very well said IMHO

over a year ago

and good luck back at work peach, I hope your butt doesnt ache too bad afterwards

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Yup, what that curly peach bird up there said

Treat them as you'd treat your own (assuming it's a your own that you like)

over a year ago

shits creek

"

and good luck back at work peach, I hope your butt doesnt ache too bad afterwards "

We don't open til 17th May. I'm already getting anxious!

We had more people quit during the brief spell we were open between lockdowns than we did the entire previous year.

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

And show your appreciation with a smile and a tip. Most of these people are on minimum wage, been furloughed in even less pay. If everyone left a pound, it would make a huge difference.

over a year ago

They should put that on every shop/ pub door!

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 13:32:13]

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Well said little one

I hope you don't get any of those imbeciles coming in when you go back x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Well said. It's sad that people need reminding.

A friend of mine goes back to her pub on Thursday she's dreading it. A group of locals have booked out a table from 10am until 10pm! That's pretty bad management tbh though.

over a year ago

"Well said. It's sad that people need reminding.

A friend of mine goes back to her pub on Thursday she's dreading it. A group of locals have booked out a table from 10am until 10pm! That's pretty bad management tbh though."

Supposed to be 2 hour slots only. Whoever autherised this has messed up as thats far too long.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And the ones ,who you may feel need this little rant,will not take any heed anyway."

It wasn't patronising or treating people like imbeciles. A lot of people could do with being reminded of simple manners on a regular basis in my opinion!

The fact that people are still trying to walk into shops without face masks just because they can't be arsed/don't like them and get mouthy when challange by shop workers is ridiculous (this is obviously not aimed at the population that are exempt and have good reason not to wear one)

A little more understanding and compassion for everyone would go a long way

over a year ago

over a year ago

shits creek

A friend of mine goes back to her pub on Thursday she's dreading it. A group of locals have booked out a table from 10am until 10pm! That's pretty bad management tbh though."

It would have been online bookings. They basically abused the system and will have booked 6 2 hour slots. See, people already taking advantage anyhow they can

over a year ago

I'm the nicest customer ever.

over a year ago

I'm actually working on a job right now that over looks a restaurant/garden. The way it's all laid out is great but the waiting staff look like they're pushed to the limits, I wouldn't want their job..

over a year ago

shits creek

"I'm actually working on a job right now that over looks a restaurant/garden. The way it's all laid out is great but the waiting staff look like they're pushed to the limits, I wouldn't want their job.."

They will be. Don't forget they'll have gone from going to the toilet when they need it to now having to retrain their bladders to hold on for hours, gone from being used to eating when they're hungry and drinking when they're thirsty to staying hungry and thirsty and it's tough shit. Minimum wage and a bladder infection - welcome back to work

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to be a bar manageress for six years god did we get some arseholes in but the good far out weighed the bad i loved every minute of it

over a year ago

100%

Some dicks out there need reminding of this unfortunately, surley should just be a given.

Her x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

over a year ago

I fairness, I just been out about town. And everyone looks upbeat. Really good atmosphere, people queuing up outside shops, drinking outside the pubs. Very European some would say

The sunshine helps and I am glad to see people embracing the freedom they have.

over a year ago

Well said _rincess peach . If only everyone would think like that.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Yes, I feel for the poor buggers as the day rolls on and the alcohol starts to mount.

I'm giving it a few days (beyond this weekend) to let the crazy ease off a bit...

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

If you're not one of the imbeciles you don't have to be offended.

over a year ago

Thank you for a reminder. Thank you for being human, thank you for understanding, thank you for being nice

over a year ago

shits creek

"Thank you for a reminder. Thank you for being human, thank you for understanding, thank you for being nice "

I'm actually a right cunt, but the people going back to work may get a boost from seeing they're being thought of as more than someone else's servant, and we all know someone could do with reading it coz they're professional shitbags, so thought others may want to share these words with them!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

A friend of mine goes back to her pub on Thursday she's dreading it. A group of locals have booked out a table from 10am until 10pm! That's pretty bad management tbh though.

Supposed to be 2 hour slots only. Whoever autherised this has messed up as thats far too long. "

That's what I said to her.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Very well said. I heard on the news that they are calling for people who are abusive in shops to get harsher sentences.

By *andAukCouple
over a year ago

leeds

Thankyou for reminding people. We have both worked all through lockdown and some people have been terrible. We have both witnessed colleagues been physically assaulted and suffering verbal abuse including ourselves on the end receiving end of this. As usual times of uncertainty bring out both the best and worst in people.

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And the ones ,who you may feel need this little rant,will not take any heed anyway.

"

I wasn't offended,nowhere have I taken offence,I just find it patronising that some feel others need reminded of this.

And I stand by that.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Supposed to be 2 hour slots only. Whoever autherised this has messed up as thats far too long.

That's what I said to her."

Presumably the management still reserve the right to manage who enters, how long they stay and if they are served in their premises?

You'd hope that folks who abuse the system...if they abuse it... Will be managed as they normally would be.?

over a year ago

Well said Peach. Even if you've reminded just a few of us, it's worth saying.

Xx

over a year ago

shits creek

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

I wasn't offended,nowhere have I taken offence,I just find it patronising that some feel others need reminded of this.

And I stand by that."

Apologies you feel it was patronising.

I'll stand by it making people returning to work feel valued.

I'll stand by it hopefully giving those that are venturing out the courage to remind others who DO need reminding, by not turning a blind eye to shitty behavior.

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And I stand by that."

Oh FFS.

Was the intent behind the post to be patronising? I very much suspect not, and will believe so until proof to the contrary is presented.

Struck me as a pleasant sentiment expressed by a pleasant person. The sad reality is that the human condition seems to me to be on the whole greedy, entitled and selfish. Many threads on the forum have reinforced this theory of mine. This thread, however, is not one of them.

Well said Peach, well intentioned I am sure, and (mostly) well received.

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And I stand by that.

Apologies you feel it was patronising.

I'll stand by it making people returning to work feel valued.

I'll stand by it hopefully giving those that are venturing out the courage to remind others who DO need reminding, by not turning a blind eye to shitty behavior.

"

No need for an apology,nothing more that a difference of opinion,that is after all how the forum operates

And yes,of course,all workers have the right to go about their work safely and to feel valued,by everyone.

I just feel as adults we shouldn't have to be told,and those that perhaps do,won't listen anyway.

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And I stand by that.

Oh FFS.

Was the intent behind the post to be patronising? I very much suspect not, and will believe so until proof to the contrary is presented.

Struck me as a pleasant sentiment expressed by a pleasant person. The sad reality is that the human condition seems to me to be on the whole greedy, entitled and selfish. Many threads on the forum have reinforced this theory of mine. This thread, however, is not one of them.

Well said Peach, well intentioned I am sure, and (mostly) well received."

Opening your message with profanity??

Yeah,I didn't read the rest,you said all I had to know in your opening line.

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

I would disagree, she was very polite and not at all patronising. It was well said.

over a year ago

Peace out "

Well said and spot on. Be kind

over a year ago

Peace out "

Absolutely right. And it's not over yet, anyway.

over a year ago

Bravo Peach

over a year ago

"

and good luck back at work peach, I hope your butt doesnt ache too bad afterwards

We had more people quit during the brief spell we were open between lockdowns than we did the entire previous year. "

Out of interest was that new staff or people who had worked there pre lockdown. I only ask because a friend said something similar but it was mainly people who had be furloughed or just wanted a temporary job.

over a year ago

Supposed to be 2 hour slots only. Whoever autherised this has messed up as thats far too long. "

I don't think that's actual rules or guidelines from the government.

Lots of restaurants do that on busy nights even pre lockdown.

over a year ago

Great call OP.

Basically, don’t be a cunt to other people.

over a year ago

Well said Peach and I wish you luck when you start back x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/21 18:39:45]

over a year ago

"Not nicely said at all

Very patronising

And I stand by that.

Oh FFS.

Well said Peach, well intentioned I am sure, and (mostly) well received.

Opening your message with profanity??

Yeah,I didn't read the rest,you said all I had to know in your opening line. "

Usually I don't, but hey on this occasion the pettiness motivated me to do so.

I think someone said something about patronising?

By *heonixRaven 777Woman
over a year ago

Guildford

Presumably the management still reserve the right to manage who enters, how long they stay and if they are served in their premises?

You'd hope that folks who abuse the system...if they abuse it... Will be managed as they normally would be.?"

Yes they do and I had the privilege to ask people to leave after the last lockdown because they the rules didn’t apply to them. Pretty much guaranteed that going be half an hour spent dealing with that.

The team and other guests all suffer because someone is being a twat . The teams jobs are already made harder by all the changes and extra stuff they have do.

The last thing they need is an inconsiderate person making their more difficult. And hurling abuse at them for simply doing their job.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

You'd hope that folks who abuse the system...if they abuse it... Will be managed as they normally would be.?

Yes they do and I had the privilege to ask people to leave after the last lockdown because they the rules didn’t apply to them. Pretty much guaranteed that going be half an hour spent dealing with that.

The team and other guests all suffer because someone is being a twat . The teams jobs are already made harder by all the changes and extra stuff they have do.

The last thing they need is an inconsiderate person making their more difficult. And hurling abuse at them for simply doing their job.

"

Well maybe this time they need to be levied a charge on their credit cards needed to book.... An ejection admin charge... Money focuses the brain.. Even intoxicated ones

over a year ago

shits creek

"

We had more people quit during the brief spell we were open between lockdowns than we did the entire previous year.

Out of interest was that new staff or people who had worked there pre lockdown. I only ask because a friend said something similar but it was mainly people who had be furloughed or just wanted a temporary job. "

Nobody who had been there less than 3 years. It was never an easy job, but being faced with trying to keep people safe and having them undo your work or worse, scream at you for trying to keep them and ourselves safe because they wanted a pre-covid experience and were annoyed they couldn't do exactly what they wanted.

I cried loads in those few months.

Some would twat about on purpose just to create extra work for the staff, daft stuff like asking for drinks one at a time. So you'd take a drink order, one person would want one. You'd go round the one way system, make the drink, take it to the table. Then someone else would want one even though they didn't 2 mins ago. Can't take the tray back to the bar coz now it needs to be sanitised before re-use even if it's for the same table. A table of 4 fucking around could take up 20 mins and 4 trays just to get 4 drinks which should take minutes...... how fair is that on the other diners, coz now they're all having to wait. So then people would start complaining that they were kept waiting. That would not only impact the waiting staff coz now none of those tables are likely to tip, but people will leave negative reviews etc, all coz of others dicking about thinking they're being funny coz it was all table service and they weren't allowed to go up to the bar. A "we can't do what we want, so we'll make you work for your minimum shitty wage whilst laughing at you" mentality.

It was pure frustration, being screamed at to "call the fucking police then" for telling someone they couldn't use that door and the exit is the other end when they came in for a table and we didn't have any available and they'd not booked. It was vile. That's the not too bad stuff!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

Out of interest was that new staff or people who had worked there pre lockdown. I only ask because a friend said something similar but it was mainly people who had be furloughed or just wanted a temporary job.

Nobody who had been there less than 3 years. It was never an easy job, but being faced with trying to keep people safe and having them undo your work or worse, scream at you for trying to keep them and ourselves safe because they wanted a pre-covid experience and were annoyed they couldn't do exactly what they wanted.

Some would twat about on purpose just to create extra work for the staff, daft stuff like asking for drinks one at a time. So you'd take a drink order, one person would want one. You'd go round the one way system, make the drink, take it to the table. Then someone else would want one even though they didn't 2 mins ago. Can't take the tray back to the bar coz now it needs to be sanitised before re-use even if it's for the same table. A table of 4 fucking around could take up 20 mins and 4 trays just to get 4 drinks which should take minutes...... how fair is that on the other diners, coz now they're all having to wait. So then people would start complaining that they were kept waiting. That would not only impact the waiting staff coz now none of those tables are likely to tip, but people will leave negative reviews etc, all coz of others dicking about thinking they're being funny coz it was all table service and they weren't allowed to go up to the bar. A "we can't do what we want, so we'll make you work for your minimum shitty wage whilst laughing at you" mentality.

It was pure frustration, being screamed at to "call the fucking police then" for telling someone they couldn't use that door and the exit is the other end when they came in for a table and we didn't have any available and they'd not booked. It was vile. That's the not too bad stuff!

"

My god!! Im not sure I'd have had the patience not to swing for the clever fuckers!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

My god!! Im not sure I'd have had the patience not to swing for the clever fuckers! "

Still I bet they left a huge tip for their evenings sport? (not)

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

over a year ago

Totally agree peach.

Post new Message to Thread