FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I’m neither pierced nor tattooed.. am I a wrong ‘un in this day and age?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I remember when it was ‘alternative’ to have piercings or tattoos, nowadays it seems like you’re the odd one out if you don’t.

How marginal am I to have neither? Anyone else?

Those that do, how many do you have?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I remember when it was ‘alternative’ to have piercings or tattoos, nowadays it seems like you’re the odd one out if you don’t.

Those that do, how many do you have? "

Does it matter that you don't, only you can marginalise yourself

over a year ago

3 tattoos and just ear piercings. Used to have a nose and eyebrow one but took them out

More ink to come.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I remember when it was ‘alternative’ to have piercings or tattoos, nowadays it seems like you’re the odd one out if you don’t.

I share your sense of alienation. Don't have any and don't especially like them on others.

over a year ago

i have some, with post-covid plans for a lot more

those that don't, aren't marginal.. those that do aren't alt.

it's all personal preference.

Px

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

No tattoos or piercings for me either

over a year ago

Does it matter that you don't, only you can marginalise yourself "

Doesn’t matter in the slightest to me to be honest, just wondering how common it is?

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

I just have my belly button pierced, did think about getting a tattoo years ago but then decided not to..

over a year ago

Does it matter that you don't, only you can marginalise yourself

Doesn’t matter in the slightest to me to be honest, just wondering how common it is? "

More main stream today, I have tattoos more being done on the 29th cant wait leg should be finished off

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Ears and belly button piercings

4 tattoos so far, with 2 half sleeves planned for this autumn/winter

over a year ago

Why be bothered by either what other people look like, have done to them or think is the "norm"

Be you!

Everyone is different....

I have numerous tattoos and piercings but thats what makes me who I am, I wont regret having them done.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I have no tattoos and haven't even got my ears pierced.

over a year ago

I've only one tattoo no piercing. I got the tattoo because I wanted to, granted it was before every tom,dick and Harry got them but do it because you want to not to fit in. My experience also says people only care if you do have either and not if you don't.

over a year ago

No tatts, ears pierced used to have my eyebrow pierced and been considering getting my navel and my lip pierced

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

No tattoos or piercings here either.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

You are you - nothing wrong with either.

I have 7 bits of metal and 7 tattoos. Definitely more tattoos on the list though as I personally love them and see them a form of art. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a body without them though

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I just have my ears pierced, pretty standard stuff

over a year ago

It's so easy to be a rebel these days

By *oxy lady40Woman
over a year ago

bridgwater

5 tattoos was going to have my clit pierced but bottled out

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I have my earlobes pierced (Mrs), Mr has no piercings and neither of us has tattoos. We feel perfectly happy with ourselves in this regard! That other people do have tattoos/more piercings is fine, it's just we don't

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I don't have any ink or piercings, so I would say you are not the odd one out

over a year ago

It's personal choice. I get bored easily so I know if I had one done, I'd regret it not too long after.

I do like them on other people though

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

A few tattoos

My ears are pierced x

By *hedark_knightMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don’t think you’re odd for not having any tattoos or piercings. Never actually seen anyone made to feel away for not having either. Feel it’s the other way round. But I don’t think so. I think it’s also great that it’s becoming more acceptable in society.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

4 tattoos and 4 piercings (various parts of the ear) would definitely have more ink

I don’t think is odd not to have any, I think it’s all down to personal choice x

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

One of us has Tats and piercings, one is a wrong un

over a year ago

It's incredibly weird to have no piercings or tattoos. Why would someone want to be a social outcast like that?

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

I used to have pierced ears but let them close up, no tattoos but have been thinking about getting one for a long time now. Don't feel marginalised but would like a tattoo for me. Don't care about piercings at all.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I only have my ears pierced and no tattoos. I border on alternative in my dress sense and dying my hair crazy colours but not in the tattoos and piercing sense.

By *ert n BerylCouple
over a year ago

middlesbrough

Bert has 2 piercings and no tattoos

Beryl has 18 tattoo and 2 piercings

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

No tattoos but I did get an ear piercing in my rebellious teenage years

over a year ago

"It's incredibly weird to have no piercings or tattoos. Why would someone want to be a social outcast like that? "

I like to be alternative. The cultural resistance if you will!

over a year ago

"It's incredibly weird to have no piercings or tattoos. Why would someone want to be a social outcast like that?

I like to be alternative. The cultural resistance if you will! "

It's very brave to 'out' yourself publicly.

over a year ago

Tattoos on all 3 legs

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don’t think you’re odd for not having any tattoos or piercings. Never actually seen anyone made to feel away for not having either. Feel it’s the other way round. But I don’t think so. I think it’s also great that it’s becoming more acceptable in society. "

Don't you think they were edgier when they were less accepted though? And that was surely part of the attraction - inviting bourgeois judgement but putting two fingers up to conformity.

It just seems a trend nowadays and certainly very common on the swinging scene.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Half sleeve, full neckpiece and 2 piercings. I don’t think anything is odd these days.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Half sleeve, full backpiece and 2 piercings. I don’t think anything is odd these days. "

over a year ago

Five tattoos, both ears pierced, several scars...my body looks like Moon surface

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

I have 8 tattoos and did have lip, nipple and eyebrow piercings years ago but took them out.

There's nothing wrong with having none at all but if you want something then get it done I say

over a year ago

I have been in tattoo parlours a few times and ashamed to say I have chickened out because wasn't sure what I wanted!! i certainly don't feel inferior for not having one.. Some people do look super cool with them though

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

According to official figures, around 1 in 3 UK adults has one or more tattoos, and around 1 in 10 has a one or more piercing (other than earlobes)

Cal

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have no interest if someone has tattoos and piercings or not. I have three tattoos and had my nose and tongue pierced but had them taken out

By *hedark_knightMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I don’t think you’re odd for not having any tattoos or piercings. Never actually seen anyone made to feel away for not having either. Feel it’s the other way round. But I don’t think so. I think it’s also great that it’s becoming more acceptable in society.

Don't you think they were edgier when they were less accepted though? And that was surely part of the attraction - inviting bourgeois judgement but putting two fingers up to conformity.

It just seems a trend nowadays and certainly very common on the swinging scene."

I mean I don’t really remember a time when they were not edgy. When I remember people around my age getting tattoos. So like ten years ago, it was usually some random persons name tattooed on someone’s arse cause they were d*unk in Maga and thought it’d be funny. More arsey than edgy.

Is it a trend or is it just more acceptable...I don’t know. Maybe it’s both. But I feel like these days people are getting more creative and original with their tattoo choices which I think is great. If you wanna be more edgy with it, pretty sure face tattoos still ruffle feathers.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I had at one point 6 facial piercings with a further 6 in my ears, and have 4 tats from when I was 17.

They don’t make me who I was, am or will be.

I also don’t feel part of a club for having them or view those without them any differently, as I wasn’t born with them.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Cpl tattoos and ear and nipple pierced,ear done wen i was a kid nipple done bout 20 yrs ago

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"I have been in tattoo parlours a few times and ashamed to say I have chickened out because wasn't sure what I wanted!! i certainly don't feel inferior for not having one.. Some people do look super cool with them though "
wouldnt call that chickening out more like sensible if you dont know what ya want on you for life better to wait till ya do

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I don’t think you’re odd for not having any tattoos or piercings. Never actually seen anyone made to feel away for not having either. Feel it’s the other way round. But I don’t think so. I think it’s also great that it’s becoming more acceptable in society.

I mean I don’t really remember a time when they were not edgy. When I remember people around my age getting tattoos. So like ten years ago, it was usually some random persons name tattooed on someone’s arse cause they were d*unk in Maga and thought it’d be funny. More arsey than edgy.

Is it a trend or is it just more acceptable...I don’t know. Maybe it’s both. But I feel like these days people are getting more creative and original with their tattoo choices which I think is great. If you wanna be more edgy with it, pretty sure face tattoos still ruffle feathers. "

Face tattoos are definitely still taboo in many parts of society but I think there's a strong psychological component to that because of the importance of the face in communication.

over a year ago

I've got 3 tattoos, but they're all biggish

No piercings tho

My OH makes up for both of us on the piercing front

His ears are done 3 times each side plus he has tunnels in both lobes

His frenum, both nipples, bell end, ball bag and that bit between the balls and his bumhole

He had a bar in his arm too, but that rejected

I make that 14

over a year ago

I don't think you are odd for not having either, we are the only ones amongst our close friends who have them

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

None here.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have a few tattoos and just my ears pierced. Did have my tongue done, but it really annoyed me, so took it out.

Not keen on men with any kind of piercings.

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

I have no tattoos and no piercings, although I did once have the tip of my finger removed.

It wasn’t intentional though, so probably doesn’t count.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

You're not marginal in the slightest.

I have no tattoos, nose pierced (but rarely wear it) and my ears pierced. That's it. It doesn't make me any more unique than those who have tattoos nor those who have no piercings at all.

over a year ago

"I have been in tattoo parlours a few times and ashamed to say I have chickened out because wasn't sure what I wanted!! i certainly don't feel inferior for not having one.. Some people do look super cool with them though "

That's because you go in with an idea! you can tweak it there.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Tattoos and piercings have never made people alternative it's you're beliefs and ideals which set you apart from a croud.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I have never been pierced or tattooed

over a year ago

"I have never been pierced or tattooed "

Plain canvas

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"I have never been pierced or tattooed

Plain canvas "

Ready to be played with

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I like them, but have neither.

I used to go to a lot of rock venues, and when I was younger I felt a little out of place, and thought about getting one many times. As I grew up, I realised in that situation 'not' having them made me more unique, to stand out from the crowd. Which is funny as I knew loads of people who got them young to rebel and stand out. Now they just blend in.

Don't give a fuck what others do or think about it. For everyone that likes them, they'll be someone who doesn't.

Just be who you want to be.

By *aughty_tonyMan
over a year ago

King's Lynn

I have none either, just not of interest to me

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I don't have any Tatt's or piercings

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Nope from this point of view - I'm virginal.

over a year ago

I share your sense of alienation. Don't have any and don't especially like them on others."

ditto

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Nope from this point of view - I'm virginal.

"

We could start a group

By *aughty_tonyMan
over a year ago

King's Lynn

"I like them, but have neither.

I used to go to a lot of rock venues, and when I was younger I felt a little out of place, and thought about getting one many times. As I grew up, I realised in that situation 'not' having them made me more unique, to stand out from the crowd. Which is funny as I knew loads of people who got them young to rebel and stand out. Now they just blend in.

Don't give a fuck what others do or think about it. For everyone that likes them, they'll be someone who doesn't.

Just be who you want to be. "

Yep well said, i just never settled on a tat design i could imagine being happy with forever. So just never bothered lol

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Some tats

But your still unique

over a year ago

Plain canvas

Ready to be played with "

Edible body paint?

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 22:44:47]

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Plain canvas

Ready to be played with

Edible body paint? "

Ohh that’s a good idea

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

We could start a group "

So long as our group's motto is 'we give hugs'.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

We could start a group

So long as our group's motto is 'we give hugs'. "

Aww yes that’s perfect

over a year ago

I don't have any either, and just one piercing in each ear lobe. Pretty boring really lol

over a year ago

I have one or 2 tattoos and 1 piercing.

But it’s all personal choice just remember if you are going to get one make sure you know what you want as cover ups are a pain in the ass xx

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

We could start a group

So long as our group's motto is 'we give hugs'.

Aww yes that’s perfect "

I have good ideas now & again. Lol

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

No tattoos or piercings is the new exotic. I have neither.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

5 tattoos and two piercings in each ear. Would love my nose pierced but I’m too scared. Also wanted more ear piercings (Helix, Tragus) but again, too scared of the pain.

By *hesexpistolsCouple
over a year ago

Kent

Make half here - have my frenulum pierced, some people get freaked out by it and ask me to take the piercing pit. But all of this - tattoos, piercings, are very individual forms of expression and not the only one available, there’s plenty of ways to define oneself...

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

I av 2 tats at mo getting 3rd don ASAP x

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

No tattoos or piercings is the new exotic. I have neither."

Ohh am I exotic

over a year ago

About 40 tatts so far and almost a whole body suit planned...just my ears pierced but plan to get my septum done.

J has more tattoos than me plus a few piercings aswell as having dermal implants in the past.

We're both tattoo artists too so big fans of body modifications.

Lu

over a year ago

"I have been in tattoo parlours a few times and ashamed to say I have chickened out because wasn't sure what I wanted!! i certainly don't feel inferior for not having one.. Some people do look super cool with them though

That's because you go in with an idea! you can tweak it there. "

... I love the Maori ones like the NZ rugby players but then odd an Irish guy getting them! Maybe something in gaelic.. But what, where, how big etc etc... Dont want hate it for the next 40 years! Have you any or would you get one?

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Just piercings here, have never been able to decide when or where I wanted ink

over a year ago

"I have been in tattoo parlours a few times and ashamed to say I have chickened out because wasn't sure what I wanted!! i certainly don't feel inferior for not having one.. Some people do look super cool with them though

That's because you go in with an idea! you can tweak it there. ... I love the Maori ones like the NZ rugby players but then odd an Irish guy getting them! Maybe something in gaelic.. But what, where, how big etc etc... Dont want hate it for the next 40 years! Have you any or would you get one? "

I'll have a look for you

over a year ago

The difference between people who have tattoos and people that don’t is that people who have tattoos don’t care that you don’t xx

over a year ago

"5 tattoos and two piercings in each ear. Would love my nose pierced but I’m too scared. Also wanted more ear piercings (Helix, Tragus) but again, too scared of the pain."
so that’s 10 tattoos inside your ear ? Xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

One in each earlobe.

Won't be getting any more, I like what I've got.

No tattoos yet, but I have plans for two.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We're both without tattoos and piercings.

We can appreciate a tattoo on a sexy body, it's just not our thing.

There are plenty of people on here with neither.

C

over a year ago

I have neither... although I may get a tattoo one day it’s just choosing what and where to have it

over a year ago

"I have neither... although I may get a tattoo one day it’s just choosing what and where to have it "

A nappy on the chest lol

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

No tattoos or piercings is the new exotic. I have neither.

Ohh am I exotic "

Need you ask?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I've got a few tattoos already and plans for a few more.

Which reminds me.... I should really tell my tattoo artist that I've picked the text for the inside of my wrist....

Lu! I want "misneach" on it please!

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

I have neither.

Tattoos are a personal thing. My memories are in my head and heart not my skin.

So I won't ever be getting some.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've got a few tattoos already and plans for a few more.

Which reminds me.... I should really tell my tattoo artist that I've picked the text for the inside of my wrist....

Lu! I want "misneach" on it please!"

over a year ago

Although tattoos are on most people these days, I still get looked at loads because I'm very heavily tattooed, and people are still shocked when they see I have my throat and my head tattooed. I still get the stares and whispers haha

By *ecretpantyTV/TS
over a year ago

lisburn

Is it a trend or is it just more acceptable...I don’t know. Maybe it’s both. But I feel like these days people are getting more creative and original with their tattoo choices which I think is great. If you wanna be more edgy with it, pretty sure face tattoos still ruffle feathers.

Face tattoos are definitely still taboo in many parts of society but I think there's a strong psychological component to that because of the importance of the face in communication."

Is it for attention? If you get a face tattoo, people are going to stir at it.

Is that why people get it done? Or maybe there is another reason.

over a year ago

Face tattoos are definitely still taboo in many parts of society but I think there's a strong psychological component to that because of the importance of the face in communication.

Is that why people get it done? Or maybe there is another reason."

I've wondered this, see my only tattoo with meaning is my sons name across my fingers, the rest are just because I wanted them, people have a hard time getting their head around some who's tattoos don't have a meaning

over a year ago

9 pericings 2 tattoos.

over a year ago

There's still a few of us about.

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple
over a year ago

unknown

I don't have a hard time, only in lockdown ,I've 2 tattoo's lol ??

By *ab fun 1Man
over a year ago

donegal

No why wud u... Lol.. up to ureself wat u do..

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

You're only out of the frame if you don't take it up the botty hole OP

over a year ago

I have fore tattoos. I think the quality of tats is a lot better now than in previous year's. Also people are having sleeves done ect not just one or two here or there. I also them time's back in the day you wouldn't even get a job if you had tattoos

over a year ago

Few tattoos here including a fully tattooed breast. Pierced nipples too. Bob has none of each.

over a year ago

"Few tattoos here including a fully tattooed breast. Pierced nipples too. Bob has none of each. "

Very nice

over a year ago

Two tattoos no piercings

By *torm in a G cupWoman
over a year ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

Ears pierced and long since closed up and no tattoos. I'd like to get my nipples pierced though.

over a year ago

No tattoos - I have an addictive personality and would be bored with just one so wouldn't have been able to just have one.

Uaed to have three nose piercings but took them out quite a few years ago.

over a year ago

"3 tattoos and just ear piercings. Used to have a nose and eyebrow one but took them out

More ink to come. "

I see no ink on that lush canvas

By *rongstantineWoman
over a year ago

hull

Fourteen singular tattoos and a full leg sleeve back and front. Thirteen piercings. Not particularly obvious as I'm pretty plainskin to look at.

over a year ago

I actually like my bare skin, I wouldn't change it

over a year ago

No extra holes or INK on my body.

Never felt the desire to have one.

over a year ago

Yes baddy

By *ocksareoffMan
over a year ago

Out n About

Haven't got the guts to get tattooed. I did have a nipple pierced when I was in my teens but that's long closed up. I want to get one or both done again tho'

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

With 72 piercings, I'm probably the most pierced on here.

I don't do it to be cool or alternative or anything, I just do it because I love it.

I've no tattoos though. I love them and would love some but tattoos are way more of a commitment.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Is that why people get it done? Or maybe there is another reason."

I recognise the social stigma around face, neck and other tattoos that aren't easily concealed.

I try to cure myself of it, personally. It's not my body, it's been a long time - possibly not even within my awareness (although I grew up in a pretty sheltered/ conservative milieu) - since tattoos could reasonably imply anything about anyone.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I have my nipple pierced...if I'm honest I had it done many years ago when it wasn't commonplace in a bid to be different from the herd. Now it's just kind of there and I never really think about it, aside from the odd occasion when I catch it on something!

I do have one small tattoo that I hate, thankfully it's on a part of my body that not many people see...I will be having it covered, but only when I can decide on something that I'm sure I won't feel the same way about in a few years time. I would prefer it if I'd never had it done.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I don’t have any and won’t be getting any either. No issues with a them, but just see it as a fashion trend.

When I was a kid only bikers, criminals, rock stars, sailors and other alternative living people had them. But now politicians to police officers have a tattoo so the uniqueness of them has been diluted in my opinion.

However if you have some and love them, all the power to you

over a year ago

Ears pierced and a small tattoo on my ankle.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

For those of you with tattoos -

How many of you are posh enough to have them spelt correctly?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t have any and won’t be getting any either. No issues with a them, but just see it as a fashion trend.

When I was a kid only bikers, criminals, rock stars, sailors and other alternative living people had them. But now politicians to police officers have a tattoo so the uniqueness of them has been diluted in my opinion.

However if you have some and love them, all the power to you "

Absolutely.

By *aptain PeteMan
over a year ago

stamford

It's your choice to brand yourself. I personally love the 3 tattoos I have. But at the end of tge day it's personal choice.

over a year ago

I cant count how many I have, only place I don't have any are my feet, arse, cock and face ha

By *alldarkandharmlessMan
over a year ago

Ross on Wye

I think they are both awful, most are like sheep following the crowd, be yourself and don't be afraid to be different.

Post new Message to Thread