Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Open minded - try anything once!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I read this a lot on profiles, and in principle it's fine, but most of us here aren't virgins and have probably tried a good range of things now.

So I suppose my question is, once you've been here a little while surely you need to change that part of your profile to "I've tried a lot things now and there's a catalogue of stuff I don't enjoy; happy to provide you with a full list do/donts"

Why do I never read this?? If you say you're up for trying anything once, do you really mean it? And does that mean you haven't tried many things already?

Thoughts please... X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Offering to try *anything* means they will fuck anything.

If they have any 'don't do that' things it reduces their chances.

over a year ago

"Offering to try *anything* means they will fuck anything.

If they have any 'don't do that' things it reduces their chances. "

But what if they don't actually want to do "that"? Surely they just won't enjoy the sexual encounter?

over a year ago

I've tried a lot of things...food and drinks especially

over a year ago

"I've tried a lot of things...food and drinks especially "

And I'm guessing you've a fairly well established list of what you do and don't like now, right?

over a year ago

Always tempted to message them saying are you up to being rogered with a red hot poker while fellating a cactus with a pack of radishes shoved up your arse.

over a year ago

It doesn't matter what you put in you're list someone will always object to something on it and decide not to meet you because of it

over a year ago

"Always tempted to message them saying are you up to being rogered with a red hot poker while fellating a cactus with a pack of radishes shoved up your arse."

I mean if they're really up for trying anything...

over a year ago

"I've tried a lot of things...food and drinks especially

And I'm guessing you've a fairly well established list of what you do and don't like now, right?"

Pssst....let it be our little secret...

over a year ago

"Always tempted to message them saying are you up to being rogered with a red hot poker while fellating a cactus with a pack of radishes shoved up your arse.

I mean if they're really up for trying anything... "

Exactly. Probaby should read 'I'm up for trying anything (within limits and reasonability)'.

By *..FirstMan
over a year ago

london

I think the statement allows for a very open minded encounter and ...

,Provided there is some trust, some fun and new boundaries

By *aughty_tonyMan
over a year ago

King's Lynn

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 16:39:46]

over a year ago

"Always tempted to message them saying are you up to being rogered with a red hot poker while fellating a cactus with a pack of radishes shoved up your arse.

Exactly. Probaby should read 'I'm up for trying anything (within limits and reasonability)'."

Or... "I'm up for trying some new things, if they are similar to previously enjoyable experiences I've had, such that I think there's a reasonable chance I'll enjoy this new thing too. Otherwise I'm only up for what I've done before and enjoyed."

I'd prefer to read that!

over a year ago

seen it a lot from straight guys does that mean they are wanting a cock up their bum just in case they like it

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I think a lot of people don't tend to change their profile text once it's set so that may be a factor.

By *aughty_tonyMan
over a year ago

King's Lynn

Maybe the I'll try anything once is just some peoples way of saying their open minded?!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

To me it comes across as a meaningless phrase used as more filler for profile text.

over a year ago

Exactly. Probaby should read 'I'm up for trying anything (within limits and reasonability)'.

Or... "I'm up for trying some new things, if they are similar to previously enjoyable experiences I've had, such that I think there's a reasonable chance I'll enjoy this new thing too. Otherwise I'm only up for what I've done before and enjoyed."

I'd prefer to read that!"

Could TL;DR it -

'TL;DR I'm up for trying anything*

*I'm up for trying some new things, if they are similar to previously enjoyable experiences I've had, such that I think there's a reasonable chance I'll enjoy this new thing too. Otherwise I'm only up for what I've done before and enjoyed.'

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I’m very literal so it makes me want to ask something weird

over a year ago

"Maybe the I'll try anything once is just some peoples way of saying their open minded?!"

Open minded is another expression that has a wide interpretation of meanings, as far as I'm concerned.

over a year ago

"I read this a lot on profiles, and in principle it's fine, but most of us here aren't virgins and have probably tried a good range of things now.

So I suppose my question is, once you've been here a little while surely you need to change that part of your profile to "I've tried a lot things now and there's a catalogue of stuff I don't enjoy; happy to provide you with a full list do/donts"

Why do I never read this?? If you say you're up for trying anything once, do you really mean it? And does that mean you haven't tried many things already?

Thoughts please... X"

I genuinely haven’t tried much x

over a year ago

I'd prefer to read that!

Could TL;DR it -

*I'm up for trying some new things, if they are similar to previously enjoyable experiences I've had, such that I think there's a reasonable chance I'll enjoy this new thing too. Otherwise I'm only up for what I've done before and enjoyed.'"

What does TL;DR mean?

over a year ago

I'd prefer to read that!

Could TL;DR it -

*I'm up for trying some new things, if they are similar to previously enjoyable experiences I've had, such that I think there's a reasonable chance I'll enjoy this new thing too. Otherwise I'm only up for what I've done before and enjoyed.'

What does TL;DR mean?"

Too Long;Didn't Read

over a year ago

"I read this a lot on profiles, and in principle it's fine, but most of us here aren't virgins and have probably tried a good range of things now.

Thoughts please... X

I genuinely haven’t tried much x"

Step into my lair then

over a year ago

I dont take it too literally and see it as a 'turn of phrase' indicating being broadminded and open to new ideas.

I like to think Im willing to try a lot of things but listing things I dont want is a bit negative .... and who knows maybe I could be persuaded......;-)

Sometimes something feels right with one person but not others....?

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'd say its a just because he didn't enjoy it last time won't mean that he doesn't next time mindset.

Some of these guys were meeting different women a couple times a week and trying various stuff with each one, it's fun reading their veris and the things they get up to

over a year ago

I'm not a "try anything once" type of person. I have my boundaries and I respect other people's boundaries

For me, putting that in my profile would be a throw away comment and untrue so it's not there.

For others, I'm sure it's valid.

But for those who put it in purely to garner interest, you'll never know until you're with them.

And, of course, then they may say 'I've tried that and it's not me' so you'll never know unless they have some kind of FAB cv

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Thoughts please... X"

How about “open to suggestions”? Would that sound better?

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

There are things I’m just not interested in so I’m not trying them.

over a year ago

"Always tempted to message them saying are you up to being rogered with a red hot poker while fellating a cactus with a pack of radishes shoved up your arse."

Sounds like a line from Blackadder

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

It always makes me think they must be very inexperienced especially when they say try anything once

over a year ago

"I dont take it too literally and see it as a 'turn of phrase' indicating being broadminded and open to new ideas.

I like to think Im willing to try a lot of things but listing things I dont want is a bit negative .... and who knows maybe I could be persuaded......;-)

"

I agree on the latter part, but there are certain things I'd just never do, so might list those to help people avoid wasting their time. E.g. if you've got a foot fetish, best avoid me lol

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Thoughts please... X"

There are a hell of a lot of men who will "try anything once" yet are aggressively straight... curious...

By *X2019Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I read somewhere a variation of the 'try anything once' statement, which was that things should be tried twice. Once to see if you do or don't like it. And again to make sure

over a year ago

Sounds like a line from Blackadder "

Swap the radishes for a turnip and cactus for Baldrick.

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

There are a hell of a lot of men who will "try anything once" yet are aggressively straight... curious..."

Very few guys are up for me pooing on them either. Can't figure it out?

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

How about “open to suggestions”? Would that sound better?"

This

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I often feel that people who say this are naive to the full range of things other people may potentially be into. I absolutely will not try many things, not even once.

over a year ago

"I dont take it too literally and see it as a 'turn of phrase' indicating being broadminded and open to new ideas.

I agree on the latter part, but there are certain things I'd just never do, so might list those to help people avoid wasting their time. E.g. if you've got a foot fetish, best avoid me lol"

There are so many fetishes - you cant list all of them lol

over a year ago

I agree on the latter part, but there are certain things I'd just never do, so might list those to help people avoid wasting their time. E.g. if you've got a foot fetish, best avoid me lol

There are so many fetishes - you cant list all of them lol "

I can try

over a year ago

There are so many fetishes - you cant list all of them lol

I can try "

Ok.....lets go

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X"

Frankly if i read that line in a profile I'd think they sound dull as fuck! I'd rather make contact with the profile saying bring it on! Lists are not sexy! Details on like and dos/does can be sorted later

Tabitha x

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X"

I will try anything I like the idea of once.

I won’t try things that don’t appeal to me personally, like having anything inserted into my urethra or eyes.

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

I won’t try things that don’t appeal to me personally, like having anything inserted into my urethra or eyes."

Eyes?? What kind of offers have you received?

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Frankly if i read that line in a profile I'd think they sound dull as fuck! I'd rather make contact with the profile saying bring it on! Lists are not sexy! Details on like and dos/does can be sorted later

Tabitha x"

You do know you have a "do's and don't" list on your profile..?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I don’t really care for the whole ‘I like this, I don’t like that’ conversation. It’s a bit clinical. Feels a little bit like ticking things off, which is ok if that’s what you’re doing, of course

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

I won’t try things that don’t appeal to me personally, like having anything inserted into my urethra or eyes.

Eyes?? What kind of offers have you received? "

Well, apparently contact lenses could improve my vision by up to 60% and having mercury inserted into my urethra could cure syphallis.

over a year ago

"I don’t really care for the whole ‘I like this, I don’t like that’ conversation. It’s a bit clinical. Feels a little bit like ticking things off, which is ok if that’s what you’re doing, of course "

I guess it's for each person to decide. For me, I have certain things I really really hate and some things can be triggering, so I like to be very clear and up front about those things to avoid an unpleasant situation emerging.

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

Well, apparently contact lenses could improve my vision by up to 60% and having mercury inserted into my urethra could cure syphallis.

"

I feel like you should probably listen to one of those pieces of advice...

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Offering to try *anything* means they will fuck anything.

If they have any 'don't do that' things it reduces their chances. "

actually, I won't fuck anything as you put it, believe it or not, I am selective about who I invite into my bed.

I have a few things that I have not done and would be interested in trying, I have limits, but that is something that I would discuss with a prospective playmate

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

"

Mercury didn't cure Blackbeards syphilis did send him a bit loopy mind

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

Mercury didn't cure Blackbeards syphilis did send him a bit loopy mind"

You watched the pirate thing on Netflix too!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"I don’t really care for the whole ‘I like this, I don’t like that’ conversation. It’s a bit clinical. Feels a little bit like ticking things off, which is ok if that’s what you’re doing, of course

I guess it's for each person to decide. For me, I have certain things I really really hate and some things can be triggering, so I like to be very clear and up front about those things to avoid an unpleasant situation emerging."

Yes, we're in a similar boat to you with feet. Obviously these things are easily avoidable with anyone, but when their profile is footfuckers, probably best to assume it's going to be a sticking point!

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

"

I have, Mercury injected in the penis fir syphilis has been documented for years though, i may be wrong i think the Romans used it as well

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

I have, Mercury injected in the penis fir syphilis has been documented for years though, i may be wrong i think the Romans used it as well "

I guess if you die of mercury poisoning, you didn't die of syphilis? There's a logic there, you can't deny it...

over a year ago

I think the syphallis effected my spell check.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's a throw away meaningless phrase.

No one would try 'any' thing once at least.

There are many things that would put each of us off.

Lazy profilers , making bluff.

over a year ago

"I think the syphallis effected my spell check."

Uh oh, that's a stage 3 symptom

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

I have, Mercury injected in the penis fir syphilis has been documented for years though, i may be wrong i think the Romans used it as well

I guess if you die of mercury poisoning, you didn't die of syphilis? There's a logic there, you can't deny it..."

there's logic in the madness

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

I guess if you die of mercury poisoning, you didn't die of syphilis? There's a logic there, you can't deny it... there's logic in the madness "

There usually is

over a year ago

I tried Bovril once Kitty and didn’t like it

over a year ago

"I tried Bovril once Kitty and didn’t like it "

You see, people shouldn't try just anything

over a year ago

"I tried Bovril once Kitty and didn’t like it

You see, people shouldn't try just anything "

I was like Tom Hanks in big when he scraped caviar off his tongue

over a year ago

I was like Tom Hanks in big when he scraped caviar off his tongue "

Hahaha

Like the first time I tasted cum!

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Not one 'up for anything!'. I've always had limits of what I want to experience. Luckily I have tried most of those I want to. Some I would like to try again, many I already have. Can't really think of anything I have experienced that I wouldn't again, except maybe being called 'uncle'.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

And yet at the table we constantly tell our kids to just try the food...is it built into us from a very young age or are we just greedy

over a year ago

Hahaha

Like the first time I tasted cum!"

I mix a bit of chilli jam with that now

over a year ago

"Not one 'up for anything!'. I've always had limits of what I want to experience. Luckily I have tried most of those I want to. Some I would like to try again, many I already have. Can't really think of anything I have experienced that I wouldn't again, except maybe being called 'uncle'."

Those pesky nieces and nephews. Bastards.

over a year ago

Thoughts please... X

Frankly if i read that line in a profile I'd think they sound dull as fuck! I'd rather make contact with the profile saying bring it on! Lists are not sexy! Details on like and dos/does can be sorted later

Tabitha x"

I dont tell people please contact me for a list! I like to think we've made a good stab at appearing fun and up for most things x

By *elpful and caringMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

I’m not up for anything.

I’m definitely not up for some things but I don’t necessarily know what they are.

Is that confusing!

over a year ago

Hahaha

Like the first time I tasted cum!

I mix a bit of chilli jam with that now "

Lol brave, hope you're careful not to get the chilli on his willy

By *renzMan
over a year ago

"Not one 'up for anything!'. I've always had limits of what I want to experience. Luckily I have tried most of those I want to. Some I would like to try again, many I already have. Can't really think of anything I have experienced that I wouldn't again, except maybe being called 'uncle'.

Those pesky nieces and nephews. Bastards."

Exactly! Can do without.

over a year ago

"Not one 'up for anything!'. I've always had limits of what I want to experience. Luckily I have tried most of those I want to. Some I would like to try again, many I already have. Can't really think of anything I have experienced that I wouldn't again, except maybe being called 'uncle'.

Exactly! Can do without."

I bet they wanted Christmas presents and everything

over a year ago

It's just a turn of phrase, why is there a relentless need to ostracise and humiliate on here.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm pretty sure I have tried everything I wanted to try by now.

over a year ago

"It's just a turn of phrase, why is there a relentless need to ostracise and humiliate on here."

Who have I humiliated?

over a year ago

"It's just a turn of phrase, why is there a relentless need to ostracise and humiliate on here.

Who have I humiliated?"

Certainly haven’t humiliated me, you’re not that sort of person x

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"I read somewhere a variation of the 'try anything once' statement, which was that things should be tried twice. Once to see if you do or don't like it. And again to make sure"

I used to say something like this when I was younger whilst dating.

Sleeping together the first time was a d*unken fumble

Second time was trying to remember the first

Third time is a relationship

By *elpful and caringMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

A turn of phrase like “I don’t like cats?”

I am not very articulate at times but I think I’m ok with writing what I mean.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"It's just a turn of phrase, why is there a relentless need to ostracise and humiliate on here.

Who have I humiliated?

Certainly haven’t humiliated me, you’re not that sort of person x"

A turn of phrase which is incorrect though, unless they really would try anything.

I had it on my profile in the early days, and then I realised people expected me to want to actually shit them. Not metaphorically. Literally.

Others expecting me to give them my address and have them turn up, spunk in my arse and leave with no words spoken.

For some it read that I had no morals and would happily meet them whilst their spouse was unaware.

So no, I really won't give anything a go, but it doesn't mean I'm a prude.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Stephen Fry said: "Try everything once. Except inc3st and morris dancing."

He may have just been making a joke though and not setting out a manifesto for the Fab life

over a year ago

I think I've tried most things and would do again, and definitely open to suggestions! But I'm sorry Kitty, there's no way I'd let you use me as a litter tray

over a year ago

"I think I've tried most things and would do again, and definitely open to suggestions! But I'm sorry Kitty, there's no way I'd let you use me as a litter tray "

Lol, but I'll purr and let you scratch my belly?

over a year ago

Who have I humiliated?"

There's a lot of picking faults with the way others use the site/forums or what they write in their profiles. To call out this and try to draw attention to it isn't what i'd call productive and can make others feel uncomfortable. Though you've not directly humiliated anyone it's not exactly friendly and it's directed mainly at others comments which is why I didn't quote your initial post.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Who have I humiliated?

A turn of phrase which is incorrect though, unless they really would try anything.

I had it on my profile in the early days, and then I realised people expected me to want to actually shit them. Not metaphorically. Literally.

Others expecting me to give them my address and have them turn up, spunk in my arse and leave with no words spoken.

For some it read that I had no morals and would happily meet them whilst their spouse was unaware.

So no, I really won't give anything a go, but it doesn't mean I'm a prude. "

There will always be those that interpret it to suit themselves or be pushy. It means that you are open minded enough to try what interests you I think

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Exactly! Can do without.

I bet they wanted Christmas presents and everything "

If I'd returned quite possibly!

But, 'harder uncle!' didn't quite sit right.

over a year ago

Who have I humiliated?"

You eloquently asked the question and asked for people's thoughts so you could get a better understanding.

That is NOT humiliation.

It's called education/learning.

Thankfully the world has moved on over the past few decades because people ask questions and leads to better understanding.

over a year ago

Who have I humiliated?

There's a lot of picking faults with the way others use the site/forums or what they write in their profiles. To call out this and try to draw attention to it isn't what i'd call productive and can make others feel uncomfortable. Though you've not directly humiliated anyone it's not exactly friendly and it's directed mainly at others comments which is why I didn't quote your initial post."

It's just a healthy debate about the interpretation and meaning behind commonly used phrases. No offense was ever intended.

over a year ago

Who have I humiliated?"

But this Fab. Some people may be looking to be humiliated.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Who have I humiliated?

So no, I really won't give anything a go, but it doesn't mean I'm a prude.

There will always be those that interpret it to suit themselves or be pushy. It means that you are open minded enough to try what interests you I think "

You're right of course , but by saying I'd give anything a go, I was inadvertently selling myself as someone I wasn't, so I can't really blame them for thinking I'd be into that stuff or at least willing to try it.

over a year ago

Who have I humiliated?

But this Fab. Some people may be looking to be humiliated."

Not really my thing... As I've stated on my profile, in a helpful list for everyone

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I believe you're meant to try something 3 times before you make your mind up.

It doesn't bother what someone puts in their profile.

over a year ago

I thought about having a bucket list once !

over a year ago

"I believe you're meant to try something 3 times before you make your mind up.

"

I tried speed eating cream crackers once and no way am I doing that two more times !

over a year ago

"

I'm pretty confident in my list of "don'ts". Some I've tried more than once just to be sure, others I don't need to try again!

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I tried speed eating cream crackers once and no way am I doing that two more times ! "

Hmmm maybe I should rethink this.

I tried it too...I was spitting crackers..it wasn't fun

But hey...I can't resist q challenge

over a year ago

"

I'll remember you said that.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I've not tried a good range of things, might as well put "will try anything once" on my profile to build up my list of will/will nots. Good tip OP.

over a year ago

"

I tell the kids something similar when trying new food ! Lol

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I've not tried a good range of things, might as well put "will try anything once" on my profile to build up my list of will/will nots. Good tip OP."

Prepare for poop requests

over a year ago

"I've not tried a good range of things, might as well put "will try anything once" on my profile to build up my list of will/will nots. Good tip OP.

Prepare for poop requests "

Damnit I was literally about to send her a poop request. Now it won't look original

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think it’s just a way to keep all options open like not having any preference on the which is best posts, they just like anything and everything

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"I've not tried a good range of things, might as well put "will try anything once" on my profile to build up my list of will/will nots. Good tip OP.

Damnit I was literally about to send her a poop request. Now it won't look original "

Send it to me. It’s been a week since I last rejected a beautiful woman lol

over a year ago

Damnit I was literally about to send her a poop request. Now it won't look original

Send it to me. It’s been a week since I last rejected a beautiful woman lol"

over a year ago

"I think I've tried most things and would do again, and definitely open to suggestions! But I'm sorry Kitty, there's no way I'd let you use me as a litter tray

Lol, but I'll purr and let you scratch my belly?"

Well now, there's an offer!

Post new Message to Thread