Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crypto currency's

Jump to newest

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

Can anyone give me and others who might be interested an absolute idiots guide to how to invest in crypto currency's as it's all gobbledygook at the moment.

Or has the boat sailed ?

Fully appreciate there are risks with any investments

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I think there have been other threads about it, maybe do a search.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Find a cryptocurrency exchange so you can buy/sell. But do extensive research on the web on the exchange as I don't think they'll be regulated.

Probably spread the investment across a range of cryptocurrencies rather than just one (e.g. Bitcoin/Ethereum and perhaps a some lesser known ones).

Understand what a cryptocurrency is and what a blockchain is (if you don't understand it don't invest in it).

Research NFTs (non-fungible token - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56371912) as a possible investment also.

Do a Google search for 'idiot's guide to investing in cryptocurrency'.

An alternative is to look at investing in companies who might have a 'hook' into cryptocurrency/blockchain technology (developing it/using it).

The best advice is research, research, research (as well as all the other investing advice).

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I have four crypto currency’s BTC (Bitcoin) ETH (Ethereum ) TRX (Tron) and XRP (Ripple).

All on an app called eToro easy to set up and start investing. Obviously you can’t buy a full Bitcoin unless you have 60k doing nothing in your Bank account but you can still buy in and make a profit.

I have invested the majority of my capital into BTC but recently made a better percentage on XRP and TRX so it’s always a good idea to diversify your investments.

It’s the usual advice but only spend what you can afford to lose.

Is it worth buying in ? I would say yes, but time it right at the beginning of the week BTC was down to 55K a coin then a few days later back to 58k and as of writing this comment is now at 59k. So if you’d invested earlier this week you’d have made a profit.

Agree with anyone though that says do your own research, this time tomorrow crypto could disappear for all I know or double it’s price or increase to 70K / decrease to 40k a coin.

As an add on I also invested in Argo Blockchain so if crypto does become a regular way to pay for goods then I’m in that area as well.

By *TJxComboMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"I have four crypto currency’s BTC (Bitcoin) ETH (Ethereum ) TRX (Tron) and XRP (Ripple).

All on an app called eToro easy to set up and start investing. Obviously you can’t buy a full Bitcoin unless you have 60k doing nothing in your Bank account but you can still buy in and make a profit.

I have invested the majority of my capital into BTC but recently made a better percentage on XRP and TRX so it’s always a good idea to diversify your investments.

Is it worth buying in ? I would say yes, but time it right at the beginning of the week BTC was down to 55K a coin then a few days later back to 58k and as of writing this comment is now at 59k. So if you’d invested earlier this week you’d have made a profit.

Agree with anyone though that says do your own research, this time tomorrow crypto could disappear for all I know or double it’s price or increase to 70K / decrease to 40k a coin.

As an add on I also invested in Argo Blockchain so if crypto does become a regular way to pay for goods then I’m in that area as well.

"

You must be really happy with XRP growth this week

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I have four crypto currency’s BTC (Bitcoin) ETH (Ethereum ) TRX (Tron) and XRP (Ripple).

You must be really happy with XRP growth this week "

Happier if I’d have had more than £50 I have taken profit so looking to buy back in when the price goes down

Bitcoin I have £300 and convinced it’ll get to 70k by the end of the year

over a year ago

Mine is the only true way

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

Thanks to those who posted advice, off to do a bit more research

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

I put £150 into EToro about a month ago and scattered it across a few crypto’s - generally ones that were of low value. Since then I’ve sold and bought a couple of times and my equity today is £330.

I don’t really know what I’m doing but I saw the original investment as something I was prepared to lose and it’s proving some interest and entertainment

over a year ago

"Mine is the only true way "

Maybe not atm tbh. Have you seen the prices of GPU's atm?

My AMD Vega 56 is fucking old and i even bought it as an ex-display model 2 years ago for £230. The same Gigabyte card is now over £300 2nd hand.

Post new Message to Thread