Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's okay not to be okay

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's been a tough year and although there is light at the end of the tunnel, people are understandably still struggling. Rerunning one of my old threads for anyone who might need a little help right now

Sorry to hear your struggling. Everyone's waiting lists are getting longer so unfortunately the waiting times are too. However, if you feel like you need to be seen now go back to your GP or call 111 and request to be seen by the crisis team.

If you feel like you can manage without seeing someone, go to Minds website, they have some great coping methods. In terms of daily help, you can do two things; do something creative and do some form of exercise. Doing one of these two things can benefit your mental health in a big way.

Finally, keep a journal, but keep two. One can be a place to put down your feelings/frustrations so they aren't taking over your thoughts. The second keep it positive, write down something good that happened that day and something you are grateful for. Its a way of acknowledging the good things that we all miss sometimes.

Most importantly, keep talking to people, never suffer alone. Reach out to anyone; family, friends, helplines, NHS services and even forums like this.

Hope this helps in anyway and take care of yourself.

The world's a scary place right now but we can get through this together

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

By *mTheMrJMan
over a year ago

Barry

It's great that you've posted this.

Many need a means of talking, sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger than it is to talk to someone that's close.

I'm happy to help if I can.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

The world's a scary place right now but we can get through this together "

The world is scary place anyway. Just walk through life and don't hurt anyone. It's simple

By *asha86Couple
over a year ago

walsall

Thankyou for this thread! There are a good many people struggling out there i myself never usually struggle i just get on with things but this past week has been awful!

Hopefully things will start to ease for alot of people with things starting to get back to some sort of normality!

All i keep thinking is Brighter times ahead!

over a year ago

Please also know that things will get better. You won't struggle forever. Reaching out really does help

over a year ago

"It's great that you've posted this.

Many need a means of talking, sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger than it is to talk to someone that's close.

I'm happy to help if I can. "

Absolutely talking to a stranger is sometimes a lot easier. Thanks for reaching out

over a year ago

"Thankyou for this thread! There are a good many people struggling out there i myself never usually struggle i just get on with things but this past week has been awful!

Hopefully things will start to ease for alot of people with things starting to get back to some sort of normality!

All i keep thinking is Brighter times ahead! "

There are good times ahead most definitely, we all just need to look after ourselves in the meantime

over a year ago

"

Please also know that things will get better. You won't struggle forever. Reaching out really does help

"

Absolutely, struggles are temporary.. happiness is within reach

By *arol321Woman
over a year ago

Poole

This is so very true.

I am a mental health first aider and have seen first hand how many people are struggling at the moment.

One place to recommend is Able Futures they offer counselling for mental health as long as it affects you at work. If you are struggling with your mental health it will be affecting every part of your life including your work. It’s free as it’s paid for by the DWP.

Also if your employer offers an employee assistance programme that’s worth looking into too.

Stay safe everyone, better times are coming.

over a year ago

"This is so very true.

I am a mental health first aider and have seen first hand how many people are struggling at the moment.

One place to recommend is Able Futures they offer counselling for mental health as long as it affects you at work. If you are struggling with your mental health it will be affecting every part of your life including your work. It’s free as it’s paid for by the DWP.

Also if your employer offers an employee assistance programme that’s worth looking into too.

Stay safe everyone, better times are coming. "

Thank you for posting this, some great advice

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

I was pleased to see that NHS England are launching 26 new mental health hubs aimed at helping and supporting thousands of new, expectant or bereaved mothers with their mental health.

This will be a much needed resource. Like all mental health services it’s been under funded for a long time.

over a year ago

Am already in touch with mind over work related issues medication I am on not good

By *ticky 69Man
over a year ago

Stirling

Brilliant advice - many thanks for posting. Might by worth adding that, if you need to talk to someone at any time, the Samaritans are always there on 116123.

over a year ago

"I was pleased to see that NHS England are launching 26 new mental health hubs aimed at helping and supporting thousands of new, expectant or bereaved mothers with their mental health.

This will be a much needed resource. Like all mental health services it’s been under funded for a long time.

"

That's great news, the more money invested into MH the better

over a year ago

"Brilliant advice - many thanks for posting. Might by worth adding that, if you need to talk to someone at any time, the Samaritans are always there on 116123. "

Yes Samaritans are a great service too, thank you for posting this

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This has been a difficult year and I think it has changed a lot of us.

over a year ago

"

This has been a difficult year and I think it has changed a lot of us. "

Very true, I think we have all realised the important things in life

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

"

This has been a difficult year and I think it has changed a lot of us.

Very true, I think we have all realised the important things in life "

Post new Message to Thread