Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

morrissey being a f'ing idiot (again)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

seems morrissey wants to compare the excitement generated by the olympics to the 36 olympics at the hands of the nazis.

why doesnt this 'never been' crawl back under his rock and keep his mouth shut

no one really cares about him now

think its a bit of sour grapes that he wasnt included in the opening ceremonys music.

thats because we want to show the world we have talent,not have people all depressed by the smiths

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

no one really cares about him now

"

irony? lol

over a year ago

suppose no one did in the 80's either

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i never did like the smiths one of the most depressing bands in pop history

over a year ago

He's one of those people who thought, "I know, I'll start a trend!" and stuck a daffodil in his back pocket, and when it didn't take off he got all miserable about it.

Never liked The Smiths anyway. Miserable fuckers.

over a year ago

"i never did like the smiths one of the most depressing bands in pop history "

Music to hang yourself by.

over a year ago

Morrisey = TWAT

That is all lol

over a year ago

William... William.... it was... really nothing....!

Wolf

over a year ago

I quite like The Smiths now, but I didn't back then

I agree that he's a bit of a plant pot though

By *umslut jannineTV/TS
over a year ago

nottingham

heaven knows i'm miserable now

pretty much sums him up

over a year ago

"heaven knows i'm miserable now

pretty much sums him up "

the Queen definitely was

over a year ago

I think it's worth taking a moment to think about what he is tryng to suggest, before dismissing it as rubbish.

Is he talking about a mass hysteria generated to deflect attention from what is really going on in people's lives?

Is he talking about the event being organised and sponsored by huge unelected and unaccountable institutions for their own ends, not ours?

I don't know. I didn't see his comments in the context of the whole interview, but calling him names probably isn't going to worry him very much, and would perhaps just confirm his opinion of how easily our emotions can be influenced.

Keep it up Mozza, some of us still think you are a genius!

Are we Still Ill?

over a year ago

"heaven knows i'm miserable now

pretty much sums him up

the Queen definitely was

"

I did like his quote about the Royal family being benefit scroungers

over a year ago

"no one really cares about him now

irony? lol "

PMSL!!!!!

over a year ago

Morrissey in saying something slightly thought provoking and more than a little outrageous in order to provoke people's outrage shocker.

Well judging by this thread that clearly worked. He's been doing it for years and people still fall for it everytime.

over a year ago

he has the right to say what he wants as has everyone, sometimes its constructive sometimes way over the top but the smiths and morrissey are musically class in my opinion

over a year ago

"I think it's worth taking a moment to think about what he is tryng to suggest, before dismissing it as rubbish.

Is he talking about a mass hysteria generated to deflect attention from what is really going on in people's lives?

Is he talking about the event being organised and sponsored by huge unelected and unaccountable institutions for their own ends, not ours?

I don't know. I didn't see his comments in the context of the whole interview, but calling him names probably isn't going to worry him very much, and would perhaps just confirm his opinion of how easily our emotions can be influenced.

Are we Still Ill?"

its not mass hysteria

its the public getting behind people who are not prima donna over paid footballers who seem to get all the media sport attention

these are athletes who work their arses off for little money.

the hysteria you call it will inspire kids to get into alot of differant sports.

the reason people get their backs up at morrissey is because he is a fucking untalented twat who has fucked off to live in italy

he is not known for being a quality musician,he is known for being a grumpy bitter old bastard

over a year ago

"I think it's worth taking a moment to think about what he is tryng to suggest, before dismissing it as rubbish.

Are we Still Ill?"

Love him! :D

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

very talented bloke;lyrics of his

are up there with the best poets of

all time.

that said he is a sandwich short

but listen to the hand that rocks the

cradle/ i know its over/am i still ill/

shoplifters of the world

only he could ever write these

over a year ago

I love Morrissey and was a big fan of the Smiths and have seen them several times. I agree though that Morrissey has issues.

The songs and lyrics are depressing but I'm not a big lover of happy love songs, I like emotion and darkness at times and I feel that Morrissey sums this up. Maybe its the demons of his own mind, but i like the realism that life isn't always happy lovey dovey and everythings ok.

over a year ago

Are we Still Ill?

its not mass hysteria

its the public getting behind people who are not prima donna over paid footballers who seem to get all the media sport attention

these are athletes who work their arses off for little money.

the hysteria you call it will inspire kids to get into alot of differant sports.

the reason people get their backs up at morrissey is because he is a fucking untalented twat who has fucked off to live in italy

he is not known for being a quality musician,he is known for being a grumpy bitter old bastard"

Thank-you for explaining it so logically.

over a year ago

Olympic officials have welcomed Morrissey’s comments, citing them as a further example of how desperate people were to attend the events.

As one explained, “We understand people will have been disappointed not to get tickets, especially daffodil waving misery-arses.”

“But people without tickets likening us to the Nazis only reinforces the belief that we’ve put on an amazing event that the world is delighting in.”

“I would suggest that if Mr Morrissey wants tickets to any future events he focuses on trying to get really famous again.”

Olympic ticket-holder Simon Williams told us, “Morrissey welcome to the ticket my girlfriend got me – it’s to that event where they make shiny horses do Louie Spence impressions.”

By *o-jCouple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

And we're giving him even more publicity even if it just amongst ourselves

Post new Message to Thread