Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Line of Duty, Season 6 Ep 4

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Wow Ep 4 already!

In preparation for tomorrow's episode. Hopefully the title of post will prevent those yet to catch up from reading the thread.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’m enjoying it!

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

I’m wondering why they don’t interview the gang of lads who carried out the armed robbery in the first episode? Surely they were used/employed by the OCG as a diversion. They must know some names etc. Hmmmm....

Ed

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I gave up on it, after keeley hawes left it went down hill, even the brilliant steven Graham couldn't save it, my problem is the acting, Adrian broady is awful, Martin Comptons accent is all over the place, he sounds like stormzy half the time,Kelly Mcdonald is bad in everything she's in,series 2+3 were very good, but so was keeley hawes

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I gave up on it, after keeley hawes left it went down hill, even the brilliant steven Graham couldn't save it, my problem is the acting, Adrian broady is awful, Martin Comptons accent is all over the place, he sounds like stormzy half the time,Kelly Mcdonald is bad in everything she's in,series 2+3 were very good, but so was keeley hawes"

I admire a person who stands alone.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

This whole series has been electric. I guess if you need slow motion and simple dialogue and plot then you will be a tad confused.

Unfortunately someone has spoiled it all by putting forward dastardly bastardly theories......

God forgives them....... I don't.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I’m wondering why they don’t interview the gang of lads who carried out the armed robbery in the first episode? Surely they were used/employed by the OCG as a diversion. They must know some names etc. Hmmmm....

Ed"

This and the glaringly obvious negligence in not nicking the probationary copper who was in the back of the car when the WPC 'drowned'..

over a year ago

"I gave up on it, after keeley hawes left it went down hill, even the brilliant steven Graham couldn't save it, my problem is the acting, Adrian broady is awful, Martin Comptons accent is all over the place, he sounds like stormzy half the time,Kelly Mcdonald is bad in everything she's in,series 2+3 were very good, but so was keeley hawes

I admire a person who stands alone. "

I watched one episode of series 6,kelly Mcdonalds acting was terrible,V. Mclure is dependable as she is throughout, I shan't be watching any further episodes, the bodyguard was far better

over a year ago

Simmering nicely and getting back to it’s best after the series 5 dip

over a year ago

Episode 2 and 3 definitely picked up from Ep 1. I have been enjoying the show

over a year ago

What if H isn’t a person, but a place?

The Hill ...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I think this series is better after some of the excesses of Series 4&5.

I actually like Kelly M in it - I think it’s more the character she’s playing is deliberately buttoned-up on the outside.

Then again, I thought DCC Hilton was great, and lots didn’t like him!

I keep getting distracted by thoughts of Vicky M and Kelly M getting it on in this series, though .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/04/21 13:07:22]

over a year ago

"I’m wondering why they don’t interview the gang of lads who carried out the armed robbery in the first episode? Surely they were used/employed by the OCG as a diversion. They must know some names etc. Hmmmm....

Ed"

over a year ago

It’s been great I really look forward to watching it!

over a year ago

Super excited for the next episode

Her x

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’ve read that things really ramp up in tomorrow’s episode so I’m looking forward to a few twists.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I gave up on it, after keeley hawes left it went down hill, even the brilliant steven Graham couldn't save it, my problem is the acting, Adrian broady is awful, Martin Comptons accent is all over the place, he sounds like stormzy half the time,Kelly Mcdonald is bad in everything she's in,series 2+3 were very good, but so was keeley hawes"

Keely Hawes was phenomenal in it, as was that series - it set a high benchmark for TV.

I don't know if they've set too low a benchmark this series in simple policing though. At least this series is moving now

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I'm loving this series. So far for me it's gearing up to be as good a series as any of the previous ones.

Always a personal highlight for me...the AC-12 interviews/interrogations. And the ones we've had so far this series haven't disappointed. I don't know if it's just me (it probably is) but as soon as I hear that annoying, goes-on-far-too-long beep of the tape machine, an almost Pavlovian response comes over me and I'm practically salivating at the drama that's about to unfold. You know you're in for some sharp and clever dialogue, the odd funny quip and plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. You'd think 10 minutes of interrogation and questioning and technical jargon wouldn't make for great TV but in a good writers hands it's gold.

over a year ago

"This whole series has been electric. I guess if you need slow motion and simple dialogue and plot then you will be a tad confused.

Unfortunately someone has spoiled it all by putting forward dastardly bastardly theories......

God forgives them....... I don't. "

These people need a damn good thrashing.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I’ve read that things really ramp up in tomorrow’s episode so I’m looking forward to a few twists."

A deliberate swerving into a lake followed by drowning a fellow officer and then attempting to drown a Downs prisoner. AC12 interviewing McDonald. McDonald implicating Buckells. Buckells employing Pilkington. Files found in Buckells car. Evidence in the form of DNA in the freezer. Arnott addicted to pain killers. John's wife in contact with H. Pilkington being a member of the O.C.G from series one and Davidson being in contact with the O.C.G via computer ....... just a few of the twists last Sunday ......

What can be left ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Let's go to bed and just cuddle ???

What ? She was quick at it last week. Someone look for a profile on here for her.

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

I'm excited for this week!

over a year ago

I heard rumours it may not be on tonight because of revised scheduling due to Prince Philip's death. Anyone heard anything?

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

stockport

Holy mother of God!

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"I heard rumours it may not be on tonight because of revised scheduling due to Prince Philip's death. Anyone heard anything?"

It’s still showing in my Sky Q TV planner.

over a year ago

Hopefully just a rumour as there has been much anticipation for EP 4. RIP Prince Philip, I am sure 1 hour can be spared for Libe of Duty.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I heard rumours it may not be on tonight because of revised scheduling due to Prince Philip's death. Anyone heard anything?"

Maybe he was H and they’ve postpone to re-work the plot?

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Given Philip’s propensity for saying daft and inappropriate things and “getting on with it”, he’d be fine with it, I reckon.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Dear Lord, ..........

Life is supposed to go on innit ? I did feel when I heard the news about the Royal Family but ENFORCED MOURNING is not on ...

Time for a French Revolution I think .....

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"I heard rumours it may not be on tonight because of revised scheduling due to Prince Philip's death. Anyone heard anything?

Dear Lord, ..........

Life is supposed to go on innit ? I did feel when I heard the news about the Royal Family but ENFORCED MOURNING is not on ...

Time for a French Revolution I think ..... "

Where's F&B when you need him....

over a year ago

Word is it’s a good ‘un tonight .. not long now ..

Squuuuueeeeee!!

over a year ago

10 minutes alert

over a year ago

Whoop Whoop 5 mins to go

over a year ago

who do we think she is related to? ryan?

over a year ago

Blackthorn Prison.

Blackthorn.

Insiders.

In cider.

Makes you think.

over a year ago

"who do we think she is related to? ryan? "

In thought this for a second. It was an action packed episode.

over a year ago

A little bit of wee came out!

over a year ago

"I'm loving this series. So far for me it's gearing up to be as good a series as any of the previous ones.

Always a personal highlight for me...the AC-12 interviews/interrogations. And the ones we've had so far this series haven't disappointed. I don't know if it's just me (it probably is) but as soon as I hear that annoying, goes-on-far-too-long beep of the tape machine, an almost Pavlovian response comes over me and I'm practically salivating at the drama that's about to unfold. You know you're in for some sharp and clever dialogue, the odd funny quip and plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing. You'd think 10 minutes of interrogation and questioning and technical jargon wouldn't make for great TV but in a good writers hands it's gold."

I love those bits too

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Joe Exotic

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

That was absolutely spellbinding

over a year ago

The episode was incredible

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Kate.

Only because I just saw a head with short dark hair.

And I know it’s being set up to look like it could be a romantic love interest with that Jo and Kate, with all the lingering looks and the hand touching, but it could be something else. They could be related and not know and just have a “connection” or they are related and know and the hand touching could be a caring “you ok petal?” kind of thing.

Or I could be completely wrong.

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

“That’s what happens to rats!” Lol

He didn’t even say anything!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’m loving it. Completely edge of seat stuff

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 22:30:41]

over a year ago

"who do we think she is related to? ryan?

Kate.

And I know it’s being set up to look like it could be a romantic love interest with that Jo and Kate, with all the lingering looks and the hand touching, but it could be something else. They could be related and not know and just have a “connection” or they are related and know and the hand touching could be a caring “you ok petal?” kind of thing.

Or I could be completely wrong."

The nerd in me rewound that final scene and paused when the pic was revealed. It was of Jo Davidson, so we never actually got to see anything of the person she’s related to!

So it wasn’t Kate. At least not in that photo anyway!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"“That’s what happens to rats!” Lol

He didn’t even say anything! "

He did, he said something to Steve in the van but we don’t know what and in the interview he gave Steve the look to clarify he didn’t say anything, and Steve nodded in agreement, but his eyes said “oh yes you did”.

over a year ago

He did, he said something to Steve in the van but we don’t know what and in the interview he gave Steve the look to clarify he didn’t say anything, and Steve nodded in agreement, but his eyes said “oh yes you did”."

Yep

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Kate.

The nerd in me rewound that final scene and paused when the pic was revealed. It was of Jo Davidson, so we never actually got to see anything of the person she’s related to!

So it wasn’t Kate. At least not in that photo anyway! "

Ahhhh, the plot thickens

over a year ago

Joe Exotic"

By *ackandsashaCouple
over a year ago

West Dublin

He did, he said something to Steve in the van but we don’t know what and in the interview he gave Steve the look to clarify he didn’t say anything, and Steve nodded in agreement, but his eyes said “oh yes you did”."

Yeah that's what I took from it.

over a year ago

*Spoilers* .. possibly!!

So.. remember the end of episode 1 and that family photograph in Jo’s house. Didn’t her Mum look very similar to John Corbetts Mum who was murdered in N Ireland and who had an affair with Ted?

Hmmmm

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

*Spoilers* .. possibly!!

So.. remember the end of episode 1 and that family photograph in Jo’s house. Didn’t her Mum look very similar to John Corbetts Mum who was murdered in N Ireland and who had an affair with Ted?

Hmmmm "

Damn, you’re good

over a year ago

*Spoilers* .. possibly!!

Hmmmm

Damn, you’re good "

Could be totally wrong but binge watched the last series in the few days leading up to the new series so it was still fresh in my mind!

Probably a million miles off the mark mind!!

over a year ago

"What if H isn’t a person, but a place?

The Hill ...

"

Or headquarters...is H the Chief Con?

over a year ago

just saw another theory that it could be tommy hunter - i missed if they just said they had the dna in database or were specific about it being a coppers dna

over a year ago

It was the best episode so far. Can't wait for next week.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Kate.

Or I could be completely wrong."

I thought that pic looked like Joanne , was he still moving his hand as the camera pulled away from the picture to the other side of the page which potentially could have another pic on?

over a year ago

"It was the best episode so far. Can't wait for next week."

I agree I can’t wait either!

By *arlot_CharlotteWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"just saw another theory that it could be tommy hunter - i missed if they just said they had the dna in database or were specific about it being a coppers dna "

Well Jo is Scottish, Tommy Hunter was Scottish...that’s as far as my police skills go but it would make sense

By *arlot_CharlotteWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Kate.

So it wasn’t Kate. At least not in that photo anyway! "

Ha! I rewinded it back too and it was defo Jo Davidson in the pic so no clues given away at that moment!

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I'm 99% sure that picture was of Jackie Laverty!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I moved frame by frame and got the best possible frame of that picture and I can reveal that ......................

Couldn't tell who it was. Definitely a human. Looked to be female. 30's . Dark hair , dark eyes......... identity unclear.

And I've seen every episode of every series.

I think they left it open for speculation .......

over a year ago

"I moved frame by frame and got the best possible frame of that picture and I can reveal that ......................

Couldn't tell who it was. Definitely a human. Looked to be female. 30's . Dark hair , dark eyes......... identity unclear.

I think they left it open for speculation ....... "

Because it was Jo.

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

Is it not Joe Exotic

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I moved frame by frame and got the best possible frame of that picture and I can reveal that ......................

Because it was Jo. "

That's a maybe. You couldn't see who it was.

over a year ago

Because it was Jo.

That's a maybe. You couldn't see who it was. "

The relation is a man though. Steve literally said "he's identified over the page"

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’m on a FB LOD fan page. It’s gone nuts this morning!!!

J x

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

I missed it! Raging now. Rewatching tonight. Bloody dog started barking at the neighbours outside right at the convoy scene.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Well, whomever it is we will maybe find out in due course..

It was a great bit of drama and building nicely, more what ifs, who what's and how comes than a box full of Agatha Christie novels..

By *osco78Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I’m on a FB LOD fan page. It’s gone nuts this morning!!!

J x"

Me too.,..it's an interesting bunch on there

over a year ago

I love the twists and turns of LOD, never a dull moment. There’s always something going on in the background, blink and you’ll miss it.

It’s certainly gripping stuff. I constantly scream ‘bent b*stard’ at the TV!

over a year ago

"Wow Ep 4 already!

In preparation for tomorrow's episode. Hopefully the title of post will prevent those yet to catch up from reading the thread."

Great storyline yet again

Not quite as good as previous but it’s still got it

As always loads of stuff that stretches things a bit, but then again reality can still be stranger than fiction and often less believable.

Biggest mistake is a probationer being on MIT

Just doesn’t happen, not even believable as a routine attachment for a few days as happens in dubiously CID, Traffic etc as MIT far too specialist etc

But it does present one hell of a storyline

So all forgiven

over a year ago

Do you think Hastings maybe bent ?

Is it Ryan thats the dna link ?

Does she know ?

Post new Message to Thread