Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The cost of Lottery & cakes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive just taken a stroll to the local bakery (birds) those in derbyshire nodoubt will know of the glorious sweet and savoury treasure that beholds within.

On my way back i passed the postoffice.. 'my god shes fit' i thought at the pleasant blonde smiling female species behind the till...

Magnetized in i went locking eyes, with my little creamcake in hand 'may i help' she says, bumbling i pick a ball of string (which i didnt really need) up and place it infront of the smartly dressed lass.

'Is that everything sir' looking at the ball of string, then at the creamcake then at me... now this felt very awkward, bumbling i asked for 2 lottery tickets..

now ive not played the lottery for 18 years.. £2.50! £2.50 for a ticket!

Now at that point id lost my train of thought payed and left, ive got home with 2 lottery tickets, a cream cake and a ball of string and it cost me £12.33

So have you had win on the lottery?

When did the lottery start on a friday?

What shall i do with my ball of string?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Ive just taken a stroll to the local bakery (birds) those in derbyshire nodoubt will know of the glorious sweet and savoury treasure that beholds within.

On my way back i passed the postoffice.. 'my god shes fit' i thought at the pleasant blonde smiling female species behind the till...

Magnetized in i went locking eyes, with my little creamcake in hand 'may i help' she says, bumbling i pick a ball of string (which i didnt really need) up and place it infront of the smartly dressed lass.

'Is that everything sir' looking at the ball of string, then at the creamcake then at me... now this felt very awkward, bumbling i asked for 2 lottery tickets..

Now at that point id lost my train of thought payed and left, ive got home with 2 lottery tickets, a cream cake and a ball of string and it cost me £12.33

What shall i do with my ball of string? "

I won 6 quid on the euros whens I was 18.

Think Fridays are euro draws.

Throw the strig to a cat and make a friend.

over a year ago

So £7.33 for a cake and a ball of string. That's expensive cake and string

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

So have you had win on the lottery? Yes but I do the postcode lottery and won plenty.

When did the lottery start on a friday? I don't know, I don't do the national or euro, waste of money.

What shall i do with my ball of string? How long is it?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Measure how long a piece of string really is

Also, which cake was it? I'm partial to a caramel doughnut myself

over a year ago

Imagine if you win now though

over a year ago

OP, that is actually so sweet.

I worked in retail for many years and would love to know if any guy bought random things just so he could talk to me

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"OP, that is actually so sweet.

I worked in retail for many years and would love to know if any guy bought random things just so he could talk to me "

^^^This. I have a lovely image of a very handsome, bespectacled gentleman bumbling over his ball of string

over a year ago

"So have you had win on the lottery? Yes but I do the postcode lottery and won plenty.

When did the lottery start on a friday? I don't know, I don't do the national or euro, waste of money.

What shall i do with my ball of string? How long is it?"

53m

over a year ago

"Measure how long a piece of string really is

Also, which cake was it? I'm partial to a caramel doughnut myself "

It was a cream slice

over a year ago

I worked in retail for many years and would love to know if any guy bought random things just so he could talk to me

^^^This. I have a lovely image of a very handsome, bespectacled gentleman bumbling over his ball of string "

You make me sound abit 'hugh grant' less the looks and charming accent

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

This is how lottery win stories are made.

It’s never “it was my usual ticket for 30 years” it’s always “I was passing and bought it on a whim”.

Mark my words, you’ll either marry the lady in question OR you’ll win the lottery.

over a year ago

North West

^^^This. I have a lovely image of a very handsome, bespectacled gentleman bumbling over his ball of string

You make me sound abit 'hugh grant' less the looks and charming accent "

I'm not a Hugh Grant fan - the image I had was a very pleasant one, if not a bit cute

By *UCKER56Man
over a year ago

Walsall

£2,457 in 2012 for 5 numbers

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

use the string to tie up and whisk away to your lair the blonde girl from behind the till

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Euro millions is on a Tuesday and Friday. Lottery is weds and Saturday.

I won £3500 a few years back.

over a year ago

"Ive just taken a stroll to the local bakery (birds) those in derbyshire nodoubt will know of the glorious sweet and savoury treasure that beholds within.

What shall i do with my ball of string? "

Master the art of shibari rope on something smaller.... A Teddy bear perhaps? Or an action figure?

over a year ago

I occasionally do the lottery - most I have ever won was £8 a very long time ago.

When my Dad was in a Nursing Home I had power of Attorney and managed his affairs for the two years before he died. He had £30k in Premium Bonds and every one of those months without fail he won - sometimes only £25 but the month after my Mum died he won £500 and he was convinced she had sent it to him as a loving gift.

over a year ago

That’s funny Gatsby I have only won small amounts on the lottery but won good amounts on £1 scratch cards. My cousin won enough to buy her first house with winning a £1 one that she used to just buy weekly on her way home from work and fell lucky one week

Hope you win with the tickets you bought!

over a year ago

Well ive got my fingers crossed for a win!! Ive stuck the string in my dungeon

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I’ve never played the lottery. If you win, I trust that jet ski is coming my way. You’re a good egg

over a year ago

North West

"Well ive got my fingers crossed for a win!! Ive stuck the string in my dungeon "

*Makes note that Gatsby has a dungeon*

over a year ago

Maybe couple months ago, we won £118 on the lottery. Better than a kick in the pants

Post new Message to Thread