Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The little things

Jump to newest

By *wist my nipples OP   Couple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Over the past year my world, like most people's, has shrunk. This has pushed me to find joy in smaller ways. A particular highlight was the "how far can I run in my slippers before they fall off" game The biggest one has been finding pleasure in being outdoors, though. The feel of the air on my skin makes my stresses melt away

What about you?

Mrs kf x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What a simply joyous thread

Little things thst fill me with joy

Walking with the wild ponies in the hills.

My bicyle rides.

Being outdoors in nature , alone and surrounded by beauty.

Cake.

Good friends.

There are so mny wonderful things that make me smile every day. If you look for the positives you will find them, then your life will be full of contentment

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

This dude

https://youtu.be/AkKxYG-mG3E

His energy is just lush

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We sit down together for an hour each morning and drink coffee (usually three cups ) and ear something nice. It's a small ritual that we both look forward to.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We even eat something nice some days

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"Over the past year my world, like most people's, has shrunk. This has pushed me to find joy in smaller ways. A particular highlight was the "how far can I run in my slippers before they fall off" game The biggest one has been finding pleasure in being outdoors, though. The feel of the air on my skin makes my stresses melt away

What about you?

Mrs kf x"

I actually thought that slippers comment was so cute!!!

I’m boring, I discovered that I can play games on the Xbox. Before lockdown it was only used for Netflix and Amazon Prime lol

over a year ago

I'm a huge fan of collecting small joyful moments life "philosophy"..

I embraced things I always enjoyed but neglected pre plague because there was so much on the plate. Definitely being amongst the nature and seeking solace and peace there like you.

More quality conversations, more raw sharing. Taking it all in not just chewing end of the straw.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"Over the past year my world, like most people's, has shrunk. This has pushed me to find joy in smaller ways. A particular highlight was the "how far can I run in my slippers before they fall off" game The biggest one has been finding pleasure in being outdoors, though. The feel of the air on my skin makes my stresses melt away

What about you?

Mrs kf x

I actually thought that slippers comment was so cute!!!

I’m boring, I discovered that I can play games on the Xbox. Before lockdown it was only used for Netflix and Amazon Prime lol"

Oh and I’ve discovered a love for cooking with my kids

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I've been able to spend more time with my kids. It's time I wouldn't have had had it not been for covid. It's been stressful and hard but it's been a positive thing.

over a year ago

Finding new trails. I’ve lived here all my life and I’ve only just discovered loads of bridal ways and trails I never knew were there. One of the best ones is only about 3 miles from my house, it has a sweeping panoramic view of Dartmoor it then Descends down through woods and at the bottom there’s a Ford, then a stone bridge and old railway station. All of which I never knew was there. Also found another that follows a winding river, it’s covered in bluebells and daffodils at the moment. If I see a new trail or path I just follow it and see where they lead, it’s the only way to find new places.

over a year ago

I've rediscovered a love of exercise which I hated before lockdown!

Just seeing spring arrive whilst out on walks has been truly amazing, the blossom, little flowers emerging...kind of gives you hope

over a year ago

Like many I have found this last year very difficult, have not looked after myself and trying to change that now

over a year ago

Slowing down is my biggest pleasure.

I knew I was busy before but now I realise I was in a constant rush.

over a year ago

Soaking in the bath. I was always too busy before, I've enjoyed it this year!

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Slowing down is my biggest pleasure.

I knew I was busy before but now I realise I was in a constant rush.

"

This. I was always doing something or going somewhere or keeping the kids busy. I've realised I can actually just chill, and do can the kids.

over a year ago

What about you?

Mrs kf x"

Sharing the home schooling meant I had to use my brain more. I made up lots of puzzles and games. Connected with her more so made me more happier.

Also the more walks on the beach I've had. Such a saver for me.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

What an endearing image OP.

Much like others I'd always found I was too busy, too stressed to enjoy anything simple. I've started embracing little rituals of joy in my life - my partner brushing my hair, having a cup of tea in the garden and listening to the birds. I also take great pleasure in faffing about with the hanging baskets.

Post new Message to Thread