Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Clenching

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was once on a massage table when an aneros toy was inserted. I was then instructed to rhythmically clench my glutes which in the end led to many and multiple prostate orgasms. One of the most intense experiences of my life. Alas my mind is in the gutter and I digress!

My issue is actually with clenching my jaw when stressed. Not only is this causing crazy headaches, it is also making my TMD worse. It’s hard to find any techniques on how to relieve it.

I’ve started meditating and using mindfulness more than usual which helps but when I’m mid way through a report or got a lot on at work I do it without even realising. When I do realise, it takes so much effort to stop doing.

Has anyone got any tips for what to do? A mouthguard at night will just make the jaw clicking of the TMD worse.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/04/21 12:22:34]

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I'm can't really offer any real advice but I know it's horrid. I got to the point it was painful to eat coz it felt like my jaw was popping out when I was opening my mouth to stick the fork in.

All I really learned was that was a sign that my brain was deferring stress signals round my body and saying "you need to sort this, hello! I'm trying to show you something is very wrong, why aren't you listening?"

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I looked up bruxism. Theres not really much practical advice on top of what youre already doing maybe some facial massage? To help relax your face muscles and bring some awareness to clenching?

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

Wish I knew....if anyone has any useful tips let me know

over a year ago

"I'm can't really offer any real advice but I know it's horrid. I got to the point it was painful to eat coz it felt like my jaw was popping out when I was opening my mouth to stick the fork in.

All I really learned was that was a sign that my brain was deferring stress signals round my body and saying "you need to sort this, hello! I'm trying to show you something is very wrong, why aren't you listening?"

Sorry I couldn't be more help. "

Yes my jaw is always clicking and when I yawn it would feel like it’s about to dislocate so i hold my jaw in place!

over a year ago

"I looked up bruxism. Theres not really much practical advice on top of what youre already doing maybe some facial massage? To help relax your face muscles and bring some awareness to clenching? "

Yep I massage it all the time too. It’s an odd one

over a year ago

"Wish I knew....if anyone has any useful tips let me know "

My dentist recommended this technique but I’m yet to try it. You know those wheat bags you heat in the microwave. Well he said when you clench your teeth it uses muscles near your temples. Essentially overtime they become stronger than they need to be and they’re just always tight which leads to clenching. He said to warm a wheat back two or three times a day and put it on your head to try relax the muscles and get them used to be relaxed. Almost like the opposite of strengthening a muscle I guess?

Can’t find any good wheatbags for sale but when I do I will try this method.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I'm can't really offer any real advice but I know it's horrid. I got to the point it was painful to eat coz it felt like my jaw was popping out when I was opening my mouth to stick the fork in.

Yes my jaw is always clicking and when I yawn it would feel like it’s about to dislocate so i hold my jaw in place! "

Oh, yawning I still can't do it now without it clanking out and clanking back in again. I'm gonna get stuck like it one day I know it

over a year ago

Yes my jaw is always clicking and when I yawn it would feel like it’s about to dislocate so i hold my jaw in place!

Oh, yawning I still can't do it now without it clanking out and clanking back in again. I'm gonna get stuck like it one day I know it "

I once ate 3 bags of chewy haribos and my jaw got stuck closed. Had to massage it for ages before iw went back to normal!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Wish I knew....if anyone has any useful tips let me know

My dentist recommended this technique but I’m yet to try it. You know those wheat bags you heat in the microwave. Well he said when you clench your teeth it uses muscles near your temples. Essentially overtime they become stronger than they need to be and they’re just always tight which leads to clenching. He said to warm a wheat back two or three times a day and put it on your head to try relax the muscles and get them used to be relaxed. Almost like the opposite of strengthening a muscle I guess?

Can’t find any good wheatbags for sale but when I do I will try this method. "

You can make your own using porridge oats and a small bag.

By *elethWoman
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Bookmarking in the hope of some tips. No particular help I'm afraid, yoga may be helping with it at night, as may magnesium baths. Bite guards make me clench more.

Post new Message to Thread