Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Herbal anxiety sleep help

Jump to newest

By *8dd OP   Couple
over a year ago

xxxxx

Has anyone tried any herbal sleep anxiety tablets could recommend

Husband realy struggling at the momment with anxity and waking up at 3 4 in morning now to the stage we sleep separate rooms as he awake most of the night

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olden PoleMan
over a year ago

Thal

Hello....

I’ve recently been using Nytol Herbal which seem to be doing the trick.

I take one about an hour before bed and have slept through getting 8 hours.

Hope this helps.

J

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Has anyone tried any herbal sleep anxiety tablets could recommend

Husband realy struggling at the momment with anxity and waking up at 3 4 in morning now to the stage we sleep separate rooms as he awake most of the night "

Oh blimey. I'm really sorry to hear about that. It must be awful. I only know of Rescue Remedy and I don't know if it's any good. You may also want to look up Matthew Walker, who is a sleep expert and has written extensively about the subject and also give tips about what to do when you can't sleep. I really do hope you both find something helpful there.

over a year ago

Husband realy struggling at the momment with anxity and waking up at 3 4 in morning now to the stage we sleep separate rooms as he awake most of the night "

Used to be the same. Awake at witching hours every night for one reason or another. Tried all sorts of remedies. Ended up a lifestyle change worked better. Just subtle changes really.... no tea/coffee after 5pm, always took at least a half hour walk later afternoon and surprisingly, a shower before bed. I won’t lie and say I’m sleeping like a log but certainly getting there.

By *innocentMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

I suffer from anxiety very badly, every waking moment, but everything is amplified at night time when nothing to do but get even more lost in thoughts, effecting sleep and snowballing.

I have found that the videos available through YouTube just by searching helps to settle the mind during night time. I watch every night to try and quieten the inner voice by getting strength through the words of others.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Valerian tablets do work, they do smell tho so don't get them on your hands!!

Lots of good advice on insomnia out there, so best of luck OP.

By *8dd OP   Couple
over a year ago

xxxxx

Tks for the kind messages and help

By *8dd OP   Couple
over a year ago

xxxxx

Tks for the kind messages and help

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

The calming pillow sprays are quite good. I'm not a fan of lavander as a scent which is usually what they are but it definitely did help

over a year ago

Calms, Nightol, anything with valerian in ... I love "Sleepytime Tea" (has a bear on the packet) as part of my routine, lots find chamomile tea can help, actually warm milk does help especially with a lettuce sandwich on wholemeal bread (is actually soporific!) before bed

Most importantly is remove everything from the bedroom (even try avoiding having sex where you sleep) that can stimulate the mind. Stop using devices up to 2 hrs before bed (including the tv) as emmitt blue light that stimulates the brain, also try red bulbs?

So so many things to try ... I've read so many books and papers (actually even wrote a paper on nutrition and sleep) to try and help clients and am a reformed lifelong insomniac!!! So it can be done but don't believe there's a miracle instacure ... happy for you to message me?

By *8dd OP   Couple
over a year ago

xxxxx

Hi annie cant message you we blocked

By *8dd OP   Couple
over a year ago

xxxxx

Hi annie cant message you we blocked

over a year ago

"Hi annie cant message you we blocked "

Try now?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Try an infuser night light with various oils like lavender

over a year ago

I use melatonin tablets, suffer badly with insomnia

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Valerian tablets help as does Dittany which is tricky to obtain. Avoid blue light from screens. Warm bath. Get into a routine.

By *EXY_PILOTMan
over a year ago

Manchester, North West, UK

Calms tablets help alot

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Think I need a pint of Valium atm , any suggestions on how to drown out inconsiderate pricks at 5am are most welcome

Post new Message to Thread