FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocking someone before they even read/answer your message.

Jump to newest

By *ySweetLady OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Blocking someone before they even read/answer your message.

Have you ever done that? What reason could you have to do this? I just do not get it.

I do not always have time to answer the messages I get on the same day they are sent (or maybe I am just not in the “right frame of mind”) but when I was going to reply someone today I found that person had blocked me. Okay, no answer to send then.

It got me thinking though. (Some) men often complain about (some) women not answering their messages so why would you ever block someone before they even have the chance to reply? Is it to discard those not showing an instant reaction to a message sent? Just curious.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

They just aren't that into you anymore

R

over a year ago

London

"They just aren't that into you anymore

R"

Oh, I got that. But why even bothering with the message? I mean it was a first ever message and quite long at that. Like I said, just found it strange...

Oh well...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have no idea why they do it but they do. I spend a lot of time and energy on every message as I only ever message a profile that intrigues me. I don't message every single woman or couple on here hoping for a reply, I chose what might appeal to myself or them. More often than not, my message was deleted and I was blocked. I don't take things to heart though, so I'm fine. I understand that this might affect a slightly more affected man though

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"They just aren't that into you anymore

R

Oh, I got that. But why even bothering with the message? I mean it was a first ever message and quite long at that. Like I said, just found it strange...

Oh well... "

Maybe they messaged on a whim or messaged the wrong profile

R

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

OP. I mat a guy at a club 28 months ago who blocked people he had sent messages to, simply because he would give them a set time period of say, 2 hours, from his message to respond.

If they didn't, he'd block them as he wasn't prepared to wait. He actually believed that ladies should have been more attentive!

His style in the club left a lot to be desired too and he left barely an hour after he'd arrived!

over a year ago

Up on till reasonly after I sent a message I'd leave it there for maybe a week knowing that the lady might eventually pick it up and maybe reply.but now not anymore. Knowing the most wemon have maybe hundreds of messages to get through if I don't get a read with in the first three hours I'll probably delete. They'll know I'm interested and its up to them afterwards to reply if they want to .there filters will probably block me from sending a second one. I hear wemon complaining about guys not getting the message and sending endless replies. What's that about.? Can you not use your filters to block after the second message

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"Blocking someone before they even read/answer your message.

Have you ever done that? What reason could you have to do this? I just do not get it.

I do not always have time to answer the messages I get on the same day they are sent (or maybe I am just not in the “right frame of mind”) but when I was going to reply someone today I found that person had blocked me. Okay, no answer to send then.

It got me thinking though. (Some) men often complain about (some) women not answering their messages so why would you ever block someone before they even have the chance to reply? Is it to discard those not showing an instant reaction to a message sent? Just curious."

He either finished his wank or lost his erection waiting for you to respond

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Or it was a woman pretending to be a man and guilt took over her.

By *rs BxxWoman
over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

"Up on till reasonly after I sent a message I'd leave it there for maybe a week knowing that the lady might eventually pick it up and maybe reply.but now not anymore. Knowing the most wemon have maybe hundreds of messages to get through if I don't get a read with in the first three hours I'll probably delete. They'll know I'm interested and its up to them afterwards to reply if they want to .there filters will probably block me from sending a second one. I hear wemon complaining about guys not getting the message and sending endless replies. What's that about.? Can you not use your filters to block after the second message "

Unfortunately no you can't use filters to block after receiving the second message, the only way is to block the profile.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

You're Veri is from 2015 and you're update is 2019 so maybe the initial message was just from the person being horny then they've read the profile and think you're a fake ? Who knows.

Maybe update you're profile but who knows I'm rubbish at this

Good luck though

over a year ago

I have said since day one you're not going to get a message back from everyone that you message. I try and only send messages to people that I actually want to talk to. If they do not want to talk to me then I hold my hands up and say okie dokie. A lot of the time I will send a message and just ask a couple of simple questions and then of course I'll get reply back saying no thanks even when I'm just being nice I'm not trying to get into their pants so to speak.

over a year ago

Sooooo why not block the profile simple .

Are do you want the cake and eat it as well.

By *ocothumpaMan
over a year ago

quite close to you

I’ve blocked women/couples because they have ‘white men only sorry’ I do it so I don’t waste time going on to their profile.

I block those I have messaged who don’t reply or are not interested in me; for the same reason.

I block some people ‘just because’

over a year ago

It got me thinking though. (Some) men often complain about (some) women not answering their messages so why would you ever block someone before they even have the chance to reply? Is it to discard those not showing an instant reaction to a message sent? Just curious."

Looking at your profile you look well so

I kinda Have to hand it to the cocky fucker must think very highly of himself!!!! Wouldn’t bother giving that a second thought

over a year ago

London

It got me thinking though. (Some) men often complain about (some) women not answering their messages so why would you ever block someone before they even have the chance to reply? Is it to discard those not showing an instant reaction to a message sent? Just curious. He either finished his wank or lost his erection waiting for you to respond "

Ha ha ha

Probably!!

over a year ago

Might it be that they thought you weren’t interested and were being polite by blocking you so as not to message you again perhaps?

over a year ago

"Might it be that they thought you weren’t interested and were being polite by blocking you so as not to message you again perhaps?"

That’s the opposite of polite no ?

Just have the balls to hit a quick txt back saying your not interested!

It’s happened to all of us at some point on here

over a year ago

London

"Might it be that they thought you weren’t interested and were being polite by blocking you so as not to message you again perhaps?"

Maybe. I mean, I have been blocked after replying saying I am not interested. I get that. This message, his first to me, was one day old and I still had not read it as I had not been here. Maybe he changed his mind for whatever reason, and that is okay too. I just found it strange.

Again, maybe I should not have started this thread as it is making it sound more important that it really is.

over a year ago

It's just dumb and i never understood it..!! After those ppl exists

over a year ago

"Might it be that they thought you weren’t interested and were being polite by blocking you so as not to message you again perhaps?

Maybe. I mean, I have been blocked after replying saying I am not interested. I get that. This message, his first to me, was one day old and I still had not read it as I had not been here. Maybe he changed his mind for whatever reason, and that is okay too. I just found it strange.

Again, maybe I should not have started this thread as it is making it sound more important that it really is.

"

Exactly! He couldn’t of been that special!

Next !!!!

over a year ago

If you hadn’t been online either then I’m puzzled as to why he blocked you. People can see when you were last online and how many hours ago. If you hadn’t been online at all since the message was sent then it’s pretty obvious you haven’t seen it yet.

If however he sent it at 4pm for example and could see that you had been online since the message was sent then I could understand why he may block thinking you’re not interested so as not to message you again or appear in his searches.

over a year ago

"I have said since day one you're not going to get a message back from everyone that you message. I try and only send messages to people that I actually want to talk to. If they do not want to talk to me then I hold my hands up and say okie dokie. A lot of the time I will send a message and just ask a couple of simple questions and then of course I'll get reply back saying no thanks even when I'm just being nice I'm not trying to get into their pants so to speak."

Really?????

T

over a year ago

"Might it be that they thought you weren’t interested and were being polite by blocking you so as not to message you again perhaps?

"

No, I don’t think you would give it much thought. This is just a conversation and chit chat in the middle of the night. Good idle chat. We must the strangest things in lockdown.

over a year ago

No, I don’t think you would give it much thought. This is just a conversation and chit chat in the middle of the night. Good idle chat. We must the strangest things in lockdown. "

**muse the strangest....

over a year ago

"If you hadn’t been online either then I’m puzzled as to why he blocked you. People can see when you were last online and how many hours ago. If you hadn’t been online at all since the message was sent then it’s pretty obvious you haven’t seen it yet.

If however he sent it at 4pm for example and could see that you had been online since the message was sent then I could understand why he may block thinking you’re not interested so as not to message you again or appear in his searches. "

Good point.

over a year ago

Probably to make you notice. It looks like it worked.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I do it so I don’t annoy someone by messaging again. It’s stop me seeing their profile.

Don’t read my message? Block

Read and no reply? Block

Read and reply but low effort? Block

It just helps out the uninterested, the boring and the fakes/time wasters

over a year ago

That's what I'd have thought too.

over a year ago

I’m sure it’s already been said (I haven’t read all the replies) but us men are constantly told on here that no reply is a polite “thanks but no thanks” and that we should respect that.

By your own admission you delayed a reply, maybe they assumed it was a polite “thanks but no thanks” and blocked you so not to bother you again.

So not necessarily a bad thing.

Either that or they’re an impatient bastard - but it’s still preferable to following up with abuse for not replying.

By *heekyredsoloWoman
over a year ago

bromborough

I’m wondering OP did you like him?

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I get blocked even before I send a message

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

We block when they read our message and dont answer.

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

Perhaps they realised they live next door to you.

over a year ago

I think some people do it so they don’t message again.... I suppose it’s how long they wait that could be an issue xxxx

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I use the. Lock button as a filter to avoid people I know I won’t ever meet popping up in my feed and searches etc.

I would only send messages To profiles I want to hear back from, so sending a message to someone and then blocking them before they even reply is a bit strange.

I have learned on this site over the years to expect the unexpected and not to be surprised by anything. I should have ‘each to their own’ etched inside my head.

By *atalie..Woman
over a year ago

Bolton

"We block when they read our message and dont answer."

What time frame do you give?

I always get sidetracked when I'm in the forum's, I read my messages then go back to the forum's, I might log out and not log back in for yonks the re-read messages and reply.

I actually never knew that people do that

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

I tend to give a profile a week after messaging them. If in that time they’ve been online and not replied it’s a block.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ve not blocked before anyone has read a message as I usually block instead of sending one.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I only counterblock ... sometimes I look at a profile..see we've exchanged messages...and now I guess I wasn't what they were looking for then ...so I don't try very often to message again

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

"We block when they read our message and dont answer.

What time frame do you give?

I always get sidetracked when I'm in the forum's, I read my messages then go back to the forum's, I might log out and not log back in for yonks the re-read messages and reply.

I actually never knew that people do that "

About a day, if I see they have been on line since they read the message.

over a year ago

The top of the screen reminds me the last time I sent a message to that member so don't get another opportunity to send an other message .I'm also reminded that I've been blocked. But what really pisses me off is the snide gutless remarks they make about my person and age and then block me ..

over a year ago

I find it funny when someone sends an insult (usually their first message to me, why?) and then blocks me in case I reply back. It's so cowardly, it's actually funny.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

We block if their profile is a bit grim. I’ve blocked moaners (eg ‘no one ever meets blah blah’) I’ve blocked people that are biphobic and transphobic or racist!

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I don't block people because they haven't answered a message within any time frame. I know people have other things to do. What I will do is delete the message my end, so I'm not looking at yellow unread messages after a day or so. It does seem strange for someone to spend time on a message only to block you because you haven't replied within an hour or two.

As for blocking so you don't message again, you do get a warning saying you have already messaged without a reply, so really there's no need, other than to stop you coming up on a search.

over a year ago

People will block for any reason.

Maybe something you posted here they disagree with.

You cannot miss what you never had

By *airyfatmanMan
over a year ago

by 'ere

"If you hadn’t been online either then I’m puzzled as to why he blocked you. People can see when you were last online and how many hours ago. If you hadn’t been online at all since the message was sent then it’s pretty obvious you haven’t seen it yet.

If however he sent it at 4pm for example and could see that you had been online since the message was sent then I could understand why he may block thinking you’re not interested so as not to message you again or appear in his searches. "

Some people, like myself, are logged in through mobiles are don't necessarily log out so could show as online when they may actually not have been. Everyone is free to use fab as they choose, but i only block of people persistently message after being told no (not often but does happen) or if they've been abusive (much more often) or worse, it's someone i know.....

over a year ago

I think that blocking someone before they reply, like all those fuckers who privately insult you then block before you reply, somehow restore the power they lost before sending you the message.

They are not in control of your answer, therefore blocking you restore the control and power they have.

over a year ago

Only block the bunny boilers

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It has happened to me I usually think it's because they see ice been online and I haven't replied to their message.Quite often I am on and don't look at my messages and just pop into the forum's. It doesn't bother me if someone has blocked me it just shows me that we were most likely not compatible anyhow .

over a year ago

London

Very good point

over a year ago

Dickheads and time wasters...

over a year ago

Sorry I just checked out your profile and I have to change my response...

It's highly probable that he saw your curvaceous hotness but knew that he would only let you down... Lady, some people literally don’t have the balls x

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

The ones who’ve blocked me have done me a favour. I wouldn’t want anything to do with them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've had it a fair few times here over 10/11 years and I think that much of it is due to men having unrealistic expectations. Some may think that they are God's gift and everyone would be so grateful for their contact . Mostly it is about assuming that you will drop everything for them immediately.

They do you a favour. They are inappropriate. They don't match you and they realise it.

over a year ago

I would rather someone delete and/or block me after a message if I am of no interest to them! Nice easy and fast way to know!

Don't get upset! It saves a lot of time!

But, blocking after THEY have sent you a message is a little odd! If I haven't had a read/reply in a few weeks, then I may delete it, but not block them!

You may have just caught them at a point where they are busy with life. People take this far to seriously! No one owes me a reply. If they do, its great! If not, its mildly disappointing at worst!

over a year ago

Two things jump to my mind, firstly if anyone gets any kind of negativity around messages they have sent, it might be easier to send then delete from their outbox ... the recipient can still read it but will stop all feelings for sender as they won't know if its read/deleted/blocked etc and it's best to just not care or think about these things!

Secondly perhaps (like me) they read the profile before opening the message? That way if the person just holds no interest for them they don't have to read the message?

Post new Message to Thread