Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fitness Challenges for April

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone

In March I posted this thread and it generated fantastic input from so many people wanting to share their fitness goals, activities or challenges, so I thought I'd post again for April.

In March myself and my boyfriend attempted to run 100 miles in 48 hrs, we achieved 82 miles in 41 hrs but a foot injury for me meant we called a stop to the challenge. I am still recovering and still can't walk any distance, I just need to keep resting it...which is driving me crazy as I love to be active.

So for me I need to identify alternative exercises to help my upper body and avoid putting stress on my foot, I also need to regain flexibility in my legs and stretch my muscles without hurting my foot. Ideas on a postcard would be ever so appreciated.

What activities are you doing this month? Are you in training for a personal goal? Are you eager for gyms to reopen or have you adjusted to your new normal workout routine? Or maybe you will maintain a blend of the gym and outdoors.

I would love to know how you are getting along

Her x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Take it easy Op, you need to do low impact cross training, I don’t know if swimming is out of the question.

I’m running, just training to beat my 5k PB, think later I’d like to do a my first half marathon.

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

Used to run, stopped because of bad knees. Did CrossFit, stopped because if bad knees. Did powerlifting, yep, bad knees.

But definitely will be back in the gym on the 12th like a rat up a drainpipe.

over a year ago

I was wondering how you had got on, shame about your foot . You still did brilliantly though.

My target is really just to keep plodding on, as best I can...

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

One month into my 1 million steps challenge for a mental health charity which continues until end of May currently sitting at 339,573 steps!

Well done OP amazing achievement xx

over a year ago

Running in a pool might help there OP. It feels really odd but there is far less stress and you are still moving.

April for me is about increasing the running distance gradually and trying to work to more of a program I.e. hill repeats, tempo work and long run

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

When the indoor pools open I will be back into training to build up to 30 laps a day again, I've deffered my tattoos till winter so I can concentrate on regaining my core stamina and fitness without having a break

over a year ago

"Take it easy Op, you need to do low impact cross training, I don’t know if swimming is out of the question.

I’m running, just training to beat my 5k PB, think later I’d like to do a my first half marathon. "

Thanks. I may look into swimming actually, that's a good idea.

A first half is a great achievement, I am hoping to be on track to enter my first marathon event in October.

Her x

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

I'm a crossfit addict. I run, do strength and a crossfit workout everyday. I also do my mobility and accessories. I've rented and bought alot of equipment. I miss my gym (box) so bloody much. At the moment we've not been given a date for reopening. Our coaches though have worked so hard with us throughout lockdown. Today is my running day (sorry op) threshold intervals. Wish me luck

Wishing you a speedy recovery op.

over a year ago

"Used to run, stopped because of bad knees. Did CrossFit, stopped because if bad knees. Did powerlifting, yep, bad knees.

But definitely will be back in the gym on the 12th like a rat up a drainpipe."

This made me smile, I like that you haven't given up

Her x

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Oh OP sorry to hear about your foot that is proper gutting. But you did amazingly well fair play.

Well mine was do my garden. We hired a skip and I've pick axed, carried rubble etc etc and I've lost a bit of weight. This month's aim to keep doing my garden, start barre work and dance class said yesterday they hope to be back end of May.

over a year ago

"I was wondering how you had got on, shame about your foot . You still did brilliantly though.

My target is really just to keep plodding on, as best I can... "

Thanks my lovely, it was a shame to be within touching distance of completing it but there's always another time...yep I want to do it all again until I achieve it, providing I sort my foot injury

Plodding on actually is really good, so keep it going.

Her x

over a year ago

Finished my 1 million steps challenge ... but next month (fingers crossed) doing my first ultra walk since 2019! Can't wait ... just upping my carrying weights now

over a year ago

"One month into my 1 million steps challenge for a mental health charity which continues until end of May currently sitting at 339,573 steps!

Well done OP amazing achievement xx"

Thanks my lovely, and you're doing absolutely brilliantly with your challenge. How are you finding it?

Her x

over a year ago

"Running in a pool might help there OP. It feels really odd but there is far less stress and you are still moving.

April for me is about increasing the running distance gradually and trying to work to more of a program I.e. hill repeats, tempo work and long run"

Hill repeats and tempo runs are evil but so beneficial towards your long run goals. I approach them with dread, I endure them with hatred and I am relieved when they are over but I like the benefits

Good luck with it

Her x

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Awww I'm sorry to hear about your foot but it's good that you're giving it proper rest and not rushing back. You should still be very proud of your efforts though

I've had a slightly different foot injury so not been working out for a few weeks but I plan to head back to the gym to continue weight training and also trying to get some cricket training in for the season ahead.

It would mean 4 days at the gym, 1 day of cricket training and then the whole Saturday or Sunday playing cricket. Might be tough, but looking forward to getting out and playing sport again

over a year ago

"When the indoor pools open I will be back into training to build up to 30 laps a day again, I've deffered my tattoos till winter so I can concentrate on regaining my core stamina and fitness without having a break "

Wow you're committed if you have deferred your ink sessions.... I take my hat off to you...well done. I need some of your determination at the moment.

Her x

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"One month into my 1 million steps challenge for a mental health charity which continues until end of May currently sitting at 339,573 steps!

Thanks my lovely, and you're doing absolutely brilliantly with your challenge. How are you finding it?

Her x"

It’s been great, have been getting up and out early. I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside we have some amazing walking routes here and beautiful scenery, feeling motivated and determined xx

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

"Used to run, stopped because of bad knees. Did CrossFit, stopped because if bad knees. Did powerlifting, yep, bad knees.

Her x"

Well, I can't stay away... I definitely don't look like I've spent thirty years in a gym, but I always figure it's probably done me more good than if I hadn't.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

From the 12th , gym 3-4 times a week and 1-2 runs per week. I want to get 5k under 20mins so need to drop a few kg

over a year ago

Continue with recovery from injury.

Things moving in the right direction, just taking it slowly and upping the weights very slowly. Still very frustrating as weights are stupid light.

Weight is also falling off me as I cant push, just about a stone gone in 3 and a bit months, will need to regain all that muscle before next year.

Looking to get back to competition in 2022.

over a year ago

You need to take a supplement created by Dave Palumbo - was a top Pro bodybuilder in the USA and is now one of the top trainers and nutritionists, his supplement can regrow cartilage.

I came up with a similar formula 10 yrs ago to treat severe arthritis of the knee, and along with MRI scans to prove it has worked I have passed a boxing fitness test and can walk and climb mountains, squat over 300lbs - all without pain.

I could run but the disadvantages outweigh the benefits when it comes to jogging and running.

over a year ago

"I'm a crossfit addict. I run, do strength and a crossfit workout everyday. I also do my mobility and accessories. I've rented and bought alot of equipment. I miss my gym (box) so bloody much. At the moment we've not been given a date for reopening. Our coaches though have worked so hard with us throughout lockdown. Today is my running day (sorry op) threshold intervals. Wish me luck

Wishing you a speedy recovery op. "

I forgive you for having a run, take me with you in your pocket

I am very impressed by your achievements throughout lockdown and its nice to know that running has been incorporated into your fitness routine.

Her x

over a year ago

Oh and my challenge for the next couple of months is to beat 1000 WIDE strict grip thumbless chins in under 1 hour - previous best was 1000 in 73 mins.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Hitting the gym for weight training 4x a week and have ordered cast iron dumbbell set 50kg + exercise bench to compliment at home.

I'm all in now

over a year ago

"Oh OP sorry to hear about your foot that is proper gutting. But you did amazingly well fair play.

Well mine was do my garden. We hired a skip and I've pick axed, carried rubble etc etc and I've lost a bit of weight. This month's aim to keep doing my garden, start barre work and dance class said yesterday they hope to be back end of May. "

Thank you my lovely, its gutting to be injured but I will try to remain positive.

You though are doing so well with your garden project which is a fantastic all over workout and will not only benefit your garden but you too. I know how much you love to dance, so I hope your classes restart soon

Her x

By *he rover returnedWoman
over a year ago

xxx

"I'm a crossfit addict. I run, do strength and a crossfit workout everyday. I also do my mobility and accessories. I've rented and bought alot of equipment. I miss my gym (box) so bloody much. At the moment we've not been given a date for reopening. Our coaches though have worked so hard with us throughout lockdown. Today is my running day (sorry op) threshold intervals. Wish me luck

Wishing you a speedy recovery op.

I forgive you for having a run, take me with you in your pocket

I am very impressed by your achievements throughout lockdown and its nice to know that running has been incorporated into your fitness routine.

Her x"

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Injury sucks. It's been my lifesaver. I'm frontline maintaining my fitness has been my stress release. Running is my thing

over a year ago

Her x

It’s been great, have been getting up and out early. I’m lucky enough to live in the countryside we have some amazing walking routes here and beautiful scenery, feeling motivated and determined xx"

I look forward to next month's updates from you...well done

Her x

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

You need to take a supplement created by Dave Palumbo - was a top Pro bodybuilder in the USA and is now one of the top trainers and nutritionists, his supplement can regrow cartilage.

I came up with a similar formula 10 yrs ago to treat severe arthritis of the knee, and along with MRI scans to prove it has worked I have passed a boxing fitness test and can walk and climb mountains, squat over 300lbs - all without pain.

I could run but the disadvantages outweigh the benefits when it comes to jogging and running."

Did a knee x-ray last year and my cartilage is fine. No bone chips or tears that they could see. They think it's basically inflammation of the bone itself. Just need to not squat three times a week like I used to, and do other leg work in between. It's thirty years of baseball, running, lifting, jumping, and crappy genetics.

over a year ago

Her x

Well, I can't stay away... I definitely don't look like I've spent thirty years in a gym, but I always figure it's probably done me more good than if I hadn't. "

Its all about having an active life which benefits your body in all ways.

I am not your typical runners build but my strength, determination and fitness is there... and I am the most bloody minded person I know

Her x

over a year ago

"I was wondering how you had got on, shame about your foot . You still did brilliantly though.

My target is really just to keep plodding on, as best I can...

Thanks my lovely, it was a shame to be within touching distance of completing it but there's always another time...yep I want to do it all again until I achieve it, providing I sort my foot injury

Plodding on actually is really good, so keep it going.

Her x"

Thank you

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

11 wks in after getting multi gym .loving the training 3 times a wk ...hope ur foot gets better 2 allow u ur goals x

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"When the indoor pools open I will be back into training to build up to 30 laps a day again, I've deffered my tattoos till winter so I can concentrate on regaining my core stamina and fitness without having a break

Wow you're committed if you have deferred your ink sessions.... I take my hat off to you...well done. I need some of your determination at the moment.

Her x"

The possibility of ruining my sleeve which is lots of money and very sentimental to me is the kick up the backside I needed to wait x

I'm always ready to impart some positivity if you ever need some xxx

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Gyms will be open again and will start off slowly. Was building some serious muscle and getting fitter before they closed.

Will need to start from the begining and work myself back up, dont fancy an injury.

over a year ago

"From the 12th , gym 3-4 times a week and 1-2 runs per week. I want to get 5k under 20mins so need to drop a few kg"

I bet you are looking forward to it too. Keep us updated when you achieve your goal and enjoy the journey

Her x

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I got a spin bike delivered last week...hopefully being saddle sore will stop soon

I'm currently alternating days of spinning and walking, but I ideally need to add some weights and yoga/stretching into that routine...dance classes will start again soon and I've lost a lot of my flexibility.

over a year ago

"Continue with recovery from injury.

Things moving in the right direction, just taking it slowly and upping the weights very slowly. Still very frustrating as weights are stupid light.

Weight is also falling off me as I cant push, just about a stone gone in 3 and a bit months, will need to regain all that muscle before next year.

Looking to get back to competition in 2022."

Wow you're doing incredibly well, just keep listening to your body....I so need to take my own advice.

Her x

By *loria JamesTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

My gym opens next week, can't wait to get back. Had a poor March and put on 3lb in the last fortnight.

Doing HIIT at home and aiming to get my body fat down from 22% to under 20%... must stay off the wine x

over a year ago

"Oh and my challenge for the next couple of months is to beat 1000 WIDE strict grip thumbless chins in under 1 hour - previous best was 1000 in 73 mins. "

My goodness me is there a film of this anywhere? .....sorry, well done and I really hope you achieve your goal

Her x

over a year ago

"Hitting the gym for weight training 4x a week and have ordered cast iron dumbbell set 50kg + exercise bench to compliment at home.

I'm all in now "

I like your determination, I am impressed. I also hope you enjoy your training too.

Her x

over a year ago

"11 wks in after getting multi gym .loving the training 3 times a wk ...hope ur foot gets better 2 allow u ur goals x "

Well done, its good to see that home gyms are equally beneficial as going to a gym.

Her x

over a year ago

"Gyms will be open again and will start off slowly. Was building some serious muscle and getting fitter before they closed.

Will need to start from the begining and work myself back up, dont fancy an injury. "

That's the right mindset to have. You know you have the ability to do it all again.

Her x

over a year ago

"I got a spin bike delivered last week...hopefully being saddle sore will stop soon

I'm currently alternating days of spinning and walking, but I ideally need to add some weights and yoga/stretching into that routine...dance classes will start again soon and I've lost a lot of my flexibility. "

You are doing very well indeed. I have lost so much flexibility since becoming a runner, I was so much more flexible as a dancer. I hope the saddle soreness eases soon for you.

Her x

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

This might be a good place to ask...but does anyone know if fitbit's are waterproof?

over a year ago

"My gym opens next week, can't wait to get back. Had a poor March and put on 3lb in the last fortnight.

Doing HIIT at home and aiming to get my body fat down from 22% to under 20%... must stay off the wine x"

Its nice to see you eager to get back and working hard...best of luck. I only have to look at food or wine and I gain weight

Her x

over a year ago

"This might be a good place to ask...but does anyone know if fitbit's are waterproof? "

A quick Google search shows that most are water resistant up to 50 metres.

That does not mean they are waterproof though.

Her x

over a year ago

I was an Ultrarunner doing 100km events. I foolishly ran my last one with plantar fasciitis. The net result was a very badly damaged foot which took 2 years to recover. I was stopped from doing any exercise for 9 months and then was only allowed swimming and cycling. This worked and I started back towards marathon distance. I had 3 planned for 2020, but they all got put off. I am doing 6 miles s a day at the moment and sprint triathlon, 1.5km run, 24km bike, and 5km run at the weekends. The swimming and cycling I can recommend. Mind you need to cycle twice the distance you used to run to get the same result!

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

My goals for April include: get back to the pole studio, gym and swimming pool; keep up my 10k a day steps, lose some fat ready for photoshoots starting in May.

over a year ago

Hi

I have been running for a few years now and love it I usually run 10k 3 times a week and on the days I don't I get on an exercise bike and have a set programme to do which helps my fitness and mental health I also try to incorporate hill work in my running which helps to build up my stamina

I recently injured my knee and couldn't run but with the help of knee strengthening exercises I got back to running quickly good luck in your fitness goals

over a year ago

Excited to get back I'm the gym, since they have been closed had zero motivation to keep fit so first few gym sessions will be a hard challenge but I know it won't be long till my fitness is back

over a year ago

"I was an Ultrarunner doing 100km events. I foolishly ran my last one with plantar fasciitis. The net result was a very badly damaged foot which took 2 years to recover. I was stopped from doing any exercise for 9 months and then was only allowed swimming and cycling. This worked and I started back towards marathon distance. I had 3 planned for 2020, but they all got put off. I am doing 6 miles s a day at the moment and sprint triathlon, 1.5km run, 24km bike, and 5km run at the weekends. The swimming and cycling I can recommend. Mind you need to cycle twice the distance you used to run to get the same result!"

My boyfriend is recommending cycling to me too. It sounds like you too have had your share of pain and injury too... you will understand my frustration.

Its wonderful to know that you are recovering well and it gives me hope too...thanks

Her x

over a year ago

"My goals for April include: get back to the pole studio, gym and swimming pool; keep up my 10k a day steps, lose some fat ready for photoshoots starting in May."

Pole dancing/training must be fantastic for core strength. You have a great blend of activities, I need to consider this too.

Look forward to seeing your photos from the shoot, I hope its a fun experience too.

Her x

over a year ago

"Hi

I have been running for a few years now and love it I usually run 10k 3 times a week and on the days I don't I get on an exercise bike and have a set programme to do which helps my fitness and mental health I also try to incorporate hill work in my running which helps to build up my stamina

I recently injured my knee and couldn't run but with the help of knee strengthening exercises I got back to running quickly good luck in your fitness goals "

You're absolutely right when you say that activity is good for your mental wellbeing, I couldn't agree more. It's helped me through difficulties too.

Her x

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Hope you make a full recovery xx I hurt my right metatarsal last year and soent most of the first lockdown being unable to exercise.

I still running, no improvement on times whatsoever... still doing HIIT training and while I see little or no difference on my lower body, I see a lot of change in my arms and shoulders which I am happy about! I have a groups of 5-8 friends and we go on zoom to work out every single day. It doesn’t matrer that we’re all over the world!

over a year ago

"Excited to get back I'm the gym, since they have been closed had zero motivation to keep fit so first few gym sessions will be a hard challenge but I know it won't be long till my fitness is back "

Being excited to get back is great, don't over do it when you're there and you will regain your fitness in no time.

Her x

over a year ago

I want to start walking again and getting my steps up. They’ve been practically non existent over lockdown and I’ve not had the motivation to get up and go!

Going to work most days has helped as I get a fair few steps in but walking is good for the soul and boy do I need that shit right now!

over a year ago

"Hope you make a full recovery xx I hurt my right metatarsal last year and soent most of the first lockdown being unable to exercise.

I still running, no improvement on times whatsoever... still doing HIIT training and while I see little or no difference on my lower body, I see a lot of change in my arms and shoulders which I am happy about! I have a groups of 5-8 friends and we go on zoom to work out every single day. It doesn’t matrer that we’re all over the world! "

Aww I am so glad to hear that you're doing so well and I think the zoom classes with friends sounds awesome too.

Her x

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Sorry to hear about your foot but also well done on your challenge still an awesome effort.

I’ll carry on running in April my Achilles has been a bit problematic so only doing 10-13km runs at the mo, if it hurried up and gets better I’ll do a distance challenge in a few months.

over a year ago

"I want to start walking again and getting my steps up. They’ve been practically non existent over lockdown and I’ve not had the motivation to get up and go!

Going to work most days has helped as I get a fair few steps in but walking is good for the soul and boy do I need that shit right now! "

I completely understand you, and hope you find the spark to get outdoors soon.

If it helps I am going to try a tiny walk today of less than a mile, literally just around the block. But that will be so good for me.

I won't put my running trainers on as they hurt the bone in my foot but my converse trainers are just canvass and are more comfortable for my natural foot position.

I hope I motivate you to head out for a stroll during this month,

Her x

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear about your foot but also well done on your challenge still an awesome effort.

I’ll carry on running in April my Achilles has been a bit problematic so only doing 10-13km runs at the mo, if it hurried up and gets better I’ll do a distance challenge in a few months. "

Thank you lovely man.

Its been a killer for me as you can imagine. I had an Achilles injury last year, in fact I remember talking to you about it and we identified that my trainers were the issue. Thankfully that's fully recovered now.

I hope your injury clears up soon and the distance aims are achieved...you know you will do it

Her x

By *xhibitionistbenMan
over a year ago

Ware / Kings Cross

I’m training for a half marathon, but also doing 100 push ups a day for the whole month

over a year ago

"I’m training for a half marathon, but also doing 100 push ups a day for the whole month"

When are you aiming to complete your half? Is it at an event or own achievement?

Her x

over a year ago

"Hi everyone

In March I posted this thread and it generated fantastic input from so many people wanting to share their fitness goals, activities or challenges, so I thought I'd post again for April.

In March myself and my boyfriend attempted to run 100 miles in 48 hrs, we achieved 82 miles in 41 hrs but a foot injury for me meant we called a stop to the challenge. I am still recovering and still can't walk any distance, I just need to keep resting it...which is driving me crazy as I love to be active.

So for me I need to identify alternative exercises to help my upper body and avoid putting stress on my foot, I also need to regain flexibility in my legs and stretch my muscles without hurting my foot. Ideas on a postcard would be ever so appreciated.

What activities are you doing this month? Are you in training for a personal goal? Are you eager for gyms to reopen or have you adjusted to your new normal workout routine? Or maybe you will maintain a blend of the gym and outdoors.

Her x"

.. I was wondering how you got on in your challenge. Shame you did complete your target but still it's incredible what you did. Really some achievement to do that. Mind that leg you don't want long term damage. I set target to run marathon distance and I did that a few weeks ago. Dont know what do during summer... Going to run the width of Dublin from coast inland... There is a a canal on south side that goes the whole length so think that's challenge. Will keep eye out for your next adventure!! Good luck!!

over a year ago

"Hi everyone

Her x.. I was wondering how you got on in your challenge. Shame you did complete your target but still it's incredible what you did. Really some achievement to do that. Mind that leg you don't want long term damage. I set target to run marathon distance and I did that a few weeks ago. Dont know what do during summer... Going to run the width of Dublin from coast inland... There is a a canal on south side that goes the whole length so think that's challenge. Will keep eye out for your next adventure!! Good luck!! "

Hey well done on your marathon your next challenge sounds great too.

Our next challenge is to run and hike the ascent of Everest over a month. It was due to begin this month but its postponed until my foot recovers.

Her x

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

My goal for this month is to continue to walk 10000 steps a day. I will both run and walk, it is about 90min of walking/running a day

over a year ago

"My goal for this month is to continue to walk 10000 steps a day. I will both run and walk, it is about 90min of walking/running a day "

Well done Shag, keep up the great work

Her x

over a year ago

I'm doing 50 miles for prostate cancer. I'm walking it as I got pneumonia of the lungs from covid in January. Now long covid. In 5 days I've covered 20. That's with a day off. Having a lazy one today. I might get a mile or pushing it 2 in a bit

That 1million steps in a month looks a killer. Ok I guess if you can run. Would take up every day for me come rain, sun, wind or bloody snow

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

"My goal for this month is to continue to walk 10000 steps a day. I will both run and walk, it is about 90min of walking/running a day

Her x"

Ty and yes I will. I sometimes walk more and can reach 17000 on some days, anything above 10000 steps is a bonus

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

"My goal for this month is to continue to walk 10000 steps a day. I will both run and walk, it is about 90min of walking/running a day

Her xTy and yes I will. I sometimes walk more and can reach 17000 on some days, anything above 10000 steps is a bonus "

X

By *ed velvet thornWoman
over a year ago

over the rainbow

I've signed up for 100 squats a day in May for SHELTER

im cracking off 5 then collapse in a heap so going to be a long month come may

over a year ago

"I'm doing 50 miles for prostate cancer. I'm walking it as I got pneumonia of the lungs from covid in January. Now long covid. In 5 days I've covered 20. That's with a day off. Having a lazy one today. I might get a mile or pushing it 2 in a bit

That 1million steps in a month looks a killer. Ok I guess if you can run. Would take up every day for me come rain, sun, wind or bloody snow"

You are doing incredibly well, don't forget you are still recovering.

I have a friend on here with long covid and he is finding it very difficult and frustrating to do any exercise, and it wipes him out after. So the effort and achievement to date is fantastic and should be celebrated... very well done

I will look forward to hearing how you get on over the weeks.

Her x

over a year ago

"I've signed up for 100 squats a day in May for SHELTER

im cracking off 5 then collapse in a heap so going to be a long month come may "

But you will feel awesome for achieving your goal by the end of May. Legs and bum of steel for you

Her x

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I see how many time I can get up off the sofa. To go in the kitchen and make a drink

over a year ago

"I see how many time I can get up off the sofa. To go in the kitchen and make a drink "

Its still keeping active.... that's made me want a coffee

Her x

over a year ago

The next step will be bills to trim the fat away im done doing it the hard way

By *xhibitionistbenMan
over a year ago

Ware / Kings Cross

"I’m training for a half marathon, but also doing 100 push ups a day for the whole month

When are you aiming to complete your half? Is it at an event or own achievement?

Her x"

It’s the London Landmarks half in August. I’m hoping for a sub-2hour time. My 10k is 53 mins so hopefully i can train that pace! X

over a year ago

"The next step will be bills to trim the fat away im done doing it the hard way"

It always easier when you find an activity that you enjoy doing, it soon becomes part of your life routine rather than a chore.

Her x

over a year ago

"I’m training for a half marathon, but also doing 100 push ups a day for the whole month

Her x

It’s the London Landmarks half in August. I’m hoping for a sub-2hour time. My 10k is 53 mins so hopefully i can train that pace! X"

Excellent, I wish you all the best for your training plan. Keep us updated

Her x

over a year ago

"I'm doing 50 miles for prostate cancer. I'm walking it as I got pneumonia of the lungs from covid in January. Now long covid. In 5 days I've covered 20. That's with a day off. Having a lazy one today. I might get a mile or pushing it 2 in a bit

That 1million steps in a month looks a killer. Ok I guess if you can run. Would take up every day for me come rain, sun, wind or bloody snow"

.. Good for you mate... Hope you feel better and you should be very proud of what you are doing! Best of luck

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

"My goals for April include: get back to the pole studio, gym and swimming pool; keep up my 10k a day steps, lose some fat ready for photoshoots starting in May.

Pole dancing/training must be fantastic for core strength. You have a great blend of activities, I need to consider this too.

Look forward to seeing your photos from the shoot, I hope its a fun experience too.

Her x"

Pole dancing is great for everything, I recommend it to everyone!

Pics will be on here for sure. The first shoot is a lingerie one next month, after that I have some pole ones.

over a year ago

"My goals for April include: get back to the pole studio, gym and swimming pool; keep up my 10k a day steps, lose some fat ready for photoshoots starting in May.

Her x

Pole dancing is great for everything, I recommend it to everyone!

Pics will be on here for sure. The first shoot is a lingerie one next month, after that I have some pole ones."

I am so happy that there's something to be motivated for and to look forward to in the near future...we are not used to this normal life stuff are we

Her x

over a year ago

I used to do nothing.

Now I'm looking to lose another 3 stones - already lost one and a half.

I've done more walking in the last week than I've done in the last 3 years!

My legs hurt like hell though!

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I used to do nothing.

My legs hurt like hell though! "

A hot bath in Epsom salts will help

over a year ago

I’m joining the gym

over a year ago

"I used to do nothing.

A hot bath in Epsom salts will help "

I tried a Radix bath last night after hill climbing yesterday. It probably helped, I guess I could have been in worse pain today if I hadn't done it!

over a year ago

"I used to do nothing.

My legs hurt like hell though! "

Well done to you

Having hot muscle relaxing baths will help but also give your legs time to recover, the muscles need to repair and strengthen. Even if you don't want to have a rest day then simply slow your pace.

Well done to you on your weight loss too, its awesome.

Her x

over a year ago

"I’m joining the gym "

Hey well done I hope you enjoy it. Have you been before?

Her x

over a year ago

Sorry to hear about your foot injury, but bloody well done on what you did achieve.

A little while back, I managed to do violence to my hamstring where it inserts to the pelvis. So while I was waiting for the physio's handy work to take effect, I swapped the running for home HIIT. Did a load of shadow boxing and burpees (amongst other things) according to a HIIT time scheme.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Solution - get a wheelchair and exercise in that!!

In seriousness, use resistance bands when seated, do seated yoga/Pilates or floor yoga/Pilates if you can. Have a look at upper body exercise for wheelchair users and you'll get some ideas for seated activity. There's a lady called Ella Beaumont who does Ella's Wheelchair Workouts on YouTube It can be done by anyone seated, the wheelchair isn't a pre requisite.

over a year ago

"I used to do nothing.

Well done to you

Having hot muscle relaxing baths will help but also give your legs time to recover, the muscles need to repair and strengthen. Even if you don't want to have a rest day then simply slow your pace.

Her x"

Thank you, I've had to have a rest day today - hobbling around with sore hips and calves told me I needed to!

20 sit ups tonight though

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I've got a bike in the garage

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Oh my days sorry to hear about your foot OP! I hope the recovery is quick!

This month I'm continuing doing a mile run a day...started 1st of March and just haven't stopped which is cool...I'm still super slow but still counts

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
over a year ago

in the waves

Me and a few friends are doing 100 squats a day for the month of April.

over a year ago

I am going to catch up on the messages I promise but I just want yo update you on my tiny walk this evening... 1 mile done, foot is aching ever so slightly but not painful. So pleased with improvement since Sunday's attempt.

I feel wonderful for just spending time outdoors.

Keep this going little foot, we can do this

Her x

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

10km run done tonight

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear about your foot injury, but bloody well done on what you did achieve.

A little while back, I managed to do violence to my hamstring where it inserts to the pelvis. So while I was waiting for the physio's handy work to take effect, I swapped the running for home HIIT. Did a load of shadow boxing and burpees (amongst other things) according to a HIIT time scheme. "

Ah thank you. Ouch it sounds like you had a nasty injury.

Her x

over a year ago

"Solution - get a wheelchair and exercise in that!!

In seriousness, use resistance bands when seated, do seated yoga/Pilates or floor yoga/Pilates if you can. Have a look at upper body exercise for wheelchair users and you'll get some ideas for seated activity. There's a lady called Ella Beaumont who does Ella's Wheelchair Workouts on YouTube It can be done by anyone seated, the wheelchair isn't a pre requisite."

Ooh I knew someone would come up with an awesome idea for me, thank you so much. definitely will look into this.

Her x

over a year ago

"I used to do nothing.

Well done to you

Her x

Thank you, I've had to have a rest day today - hobbling around with sore hips and calves told me I needed to!

20 sit ups tonight though "

Good idea

Her x

over a year ago

"I've got a bike in the garage "

Do you take it out PP?

Her x

over a year ago

"Oh my days sorry to hear about your foot OP! I hope the recovery is quick!

This month I'm continuing doing a mile run a day...started 1st of March and just haven't stopped which is cool...I'm still super slow but still counts "

This is great news, are you feeling an improvement in your fitness?

Her x

over a year ago

"Me and a few friends are doing 100 squats a day for the month of April. "

Ooh you're the second person on this thread to be doing this challenge, you're in good company

Her x

over a year ago

"10km run done tonight "

Well done Skydrol, good work

Her x

over a year ago

Ahh no sorry to her about your injury! Ouch hope it’s not too painful!

This month I’ve done a lot of walking so far and my usual homework outs until the gyms open. Then just try and get back into the lifting and slowly return to where I was before number wise! Hopefully not too long though... x

over a year ago

"Ahh no sorry to her about your injury! Ouch hope it’s not too painful!

This month I’ve done a lot of walking so far and my usual homework outs until the gyms open. Then just try and get back into the lifting and slowly return to where I was before number wise! Hopefully not too long though... x"

Ah thank you, it will be fine in no time....she says optimistically

Its good that you have been enjoying the great outdoors, its such a wonderful, beautiful place.

Her x

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

This month I'm continuing doing a mile run a day...started 1st of March and just haven't stopped which is cool...I'm still super slow but still counts

Her x"

Kind of, I've been doing the 100 squats too so I think my legs are getting stronger...and I don't hate running as much

Just saw you went for a walk today, well done! Hope you're getting well looked after!

over a year ago

Her x

Kind of, I've been doing the 100 squats too so I think my legs are getting stronger...and I don't hate running as much

Just saw you went for a walk today, well done! Hope you're getting well looked after! "

I did indeed, resting now in a hot bath and feel so much more positive

Her x

over a year ago

Gosh how frustrating, but still an amazing achievement!

I am waiting impatiently for the gym to ropen

I started walking in March to get myself moving and start preparing my body for training again and try to get my head i to an exercise mindset

If I can squeeze the time into my day, I'd like to walk to/from the gym

... But that might have to be a weekend activity

Best wishes for a speedy recovery x

over a year ago

In all honesty, I was scared to start running again. My injury was so bad I couldn't walk into town- 600m- without sitting down on a wall. When I eventually decided to run I did parkrun and didn't care about the time. I was eventually rumbled by a friend as having " come in from the cold" to run again.

Lots of my bother was in my head, once I started to crack that it got easier.

I am running a trail half marathon in June.

I cannot recommend cycling and swimming enough. Now the worst f the winter has gone I do a 6 mile run, 6 mile walk, 15 mile cycle, once per day- not the same day!!!

over a year ago

"Gosh how frustrating, but still an amazing achievement!

I am waiting impatiently for the gym to ropen

I started walking in March to get myself moving and start preparing my body for training again and try to get my head i to an exercise mindset

If I can squeeze the time into my day, I'd like to walk to/from the gym

... But that might have to be a weekend activity

Best wishes for a speedy recovery x"

Its nice to hear that you have enjoyed a new activity, I know you must be keen for the gym but its so nice to hear that you want a blend of both.

Her x

over a year ago

"In all honesty, I was scared to start running again. My injury was so bad I couldn't walk into town- 600m- without sitting down on a wall. When I eventually decided to run I did parkrun and didn't care about the time. I was eventually rumbled by a friend as having " come in from the cold" to run again.

Lots of my bother was in my head, once I started to crack that it got easier.

I am running a trail half marathon in June.

I cannot recommend cycling and swimming enough. Now the worst f the winter has gone I do a 6 mile run, 6 mile walk, 15 mile cycle, once per day- not the same day!!!"

Thanks for this message, I didn't want it to be unresponded to as we have discussed via DM.

Her x

By *ykoCouple
over a year ago

york

With me the male been disabled looking forward to the swimming pools opening already booked in for Monday morning swim.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Get a bike... not too hard on the knees

over a year ago

"With me the male been disabled looking forward to the swimming pools opening already booked in for Monday morning swim. "

Its so nice to have something to look forward to isn't it. I am thinking of getting myself back in the pool more regularly. I hope you have a great swim on Monday.

Her x

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Have a look at knees over toes guy on Instagram for stuff to help your knee issues.

I do a lot of heavy lifting for strongman events and have noticed a difference doing some of the exercises he shows.

Post new Message to Thread