Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Right To Food

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They are trying to put the Right to Food on a Statutory basis. Good or Bad.. ?

They will have to cater for a range of diets both medical and fad alike..

To be fair.. if it guatrantees me ham, egg and chips once a fortnight then I am all for it..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"They are trying to put the Right to Food on a Statutory basis. Good or Bad.. ?

They will have to cater for a range of diets both medical and fad alike..

To be fair.. if it guatrantees me ham, egg and chips once a fortnight then I am all for it.."

Who’s they?

over a year ago

Maybe give us the full story, who’s they, etc etc

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's all over the news folks.. I don't make this stuff up.. look up sky news online..

It's free by the way Jeans .

over a year ago

"It's all over the news folks.. I don't make this stuff up.. look up sky news online..

It's free by the way Jeans . "

So we’ve got to do homework, I’ll pass

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's all over the news folks.. I don't make this stuff up.. look up sky news online..

So we’ve got to do homework, I’ll pass "

The dutchie to the left hand side...

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So we’ve got to do homework, I’ll pass "

I can't wrap up everything in expensive paper with a bow and name card.. people will start talking about us Jeans...

over a year ago

https://news.sky.com/story/calls-for-right-to-food-to-be-put-into-law-as-mps-call-on-govt-to-extend-support-beyond-covid-pandemic-12268017

over a year ago

Are we talking free school meals? Good.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I think you should change your name to click bait Tom..... Do you work for buzzfeed by any chance

It's about food poverty and ensuring that children have access to food post covid as many parents will be struggling to make ends meet doe to furlough or job losses.

over a year ago

Surely it can only be a good thing, you can’t get more basic than everyone’s right to be fed.

over a year ago

It’s interesting. Should heathy and adequate food be available to those who desperately need it? Yes. Should more work be done to help, educate and support those in need to prevent and reduce such levels of poverty etc? Yes.

Feed someone a fish or teach someone to fish style situation isn’t it. I loathe the idea of people being handed out for but never actually helped to get out of the situation on a long term basis too. It really is shocking as a developed nation we have such poverty gaps and issues.

I read an interesting article from the big issue founder stating that he wishes the big issue becomes obsolete eventually, as it is a reaction rather than preventative measure, eradicating homelessness would be his dream. It is a similar approach for food poverty that would be amazing, for the vast majority of families to have the tools and also resources to get out of such situations.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

The fact we might need to make a law that states all children have the right to food is incredibly depressing. Of course they bloody well have a right to food!! Surely this is part of the declaration of human rights, within the bit in article 25?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Food is kind of important.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I looked it up Tom.

Tis a call to extend the help given during Covid so that children who got free meals during the height of covid don't go hungry......

While I looked it up , an ad warned me that life is too short for sensitive teeth Tom.

Should I start a thread about that?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I looked it up Tom.

Tis a call to extend the help given during Covid so that children who got free meals during the height of covid don't go hungry......

While I looked it up , an ad warned me that life is too short for sensitive teeth Tom.

Should I start a thread about that?"

Well you know what you get with my threads GC..

over a year ago

Only a good thing. This government seems quite happy to abandon the less well off to foodbanks

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Well it's about adults as well as children according to the article...

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

Maybe we could try educating these people in how to balance the free money they already get from us. Every time I have seen food banks on the news, the people using them all seen to have a smart phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. When our children needed something we did without and even got a second job to give them what they needed, never expected it for fee off someone else,

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Ugh, not this toxic bullshit again.

"Maybe we could try educating these people in how to balance the free money they already get from us."

Just how much "free money" do you think "these people" get? Who do you think "these people" are? How do you think "these people", these mysterious and terrifying others, differ from you? To quote Oscar Wilde, "To recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less."

"a smart phone in one hand"

How do you accomplish literally anything in 2021 without an internet connection? Is your position that poor people shouldn't be allowed online? How are they supposed to find work if they can't apply online, use email, or receive or make calls? Do you think they all have a desktop PC and broadband at home? How poor does someone have to look before you deem them "worthy" of food?

"and a cigarette in the other"

Yes, addiction is terrible. There should definitely be some properly funded programmes to help people with that. Let me guess: You don't want "us" to pay for "these people" to have that either, right?

"When our children needed something we did without and even got a second job to give them what they needed, never expected it for fee off someone else"

Great. Congratulations. What would you have done if you couldn't get a second job? What would you have done if you got a second job, and it still didn't pay enough to provide for your kids? What happens when you've done all the "going without" you can think of, and it's still not enough? How bad would you let circumstances get before you "expected" something for "free off someone else"? Your kids being hungry? Cold? Barefoot? Sick? Dead?

I am not *remotely* religious, but the world would be an infinitely better place if more people paid attention to the "There but for the grace of God go I" thing. How typical of British malice that the guy who probably said that was burned at the stake.

By * AND R 777Couple
over a year ago

Teesside

"Ugh, not this toxic bullshit again.

Maybe we could try educating these people in how to balance the free money they already get from us.

Just how much "free money" do you think "these people" get? Who do you think "these people" are? How do you think "these people", these mysterious and terrifying others, differ from you? To quote Oscar Wilde, "To recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less."

a smart phone in one hand

How do you accomplish literally anything in 2021 without an internet connection? Is your position that poor people shouldn't be allowed online? How are they supposed to find work if they can't apply online, use email, or receive or make calls? Do you think they all have a desktop PC and broadband at home? How poor does someone have to look before you deem them "worthy" of food?

and a cigarette in the other

Yes, addiction is terrible. There should definitely be some properly funded programmes to help people with that. Let me guess: You don't want "us" to pay for "these people" to have that either, right?

When our children needed something we did without and even got a second job to give them what they needed, never expected it for fee off someone else

Great. Congratulations. What would you have done if you couldn't get a second job? What would you have done if you got a second job, and it still didn't pay enough to provide for your kids? What happens when you've done all the "going without" you can think of, and it's still not enough? How bad would you let circumstances get before you "expected" something for "free off someone else"? Your kids being hungry? Cold? Barefoot? Sick? Dead?

I am not *remotely* religious, but the world would be an infinitely better place if more people paid attention to the "There but for the grace of God go I" thing. How typical of British malice that the guy who probably said that was burned at the stake. "

Like I seid I have done without, and there are 1000s of jobs out there. Benefits are a stop gap not a way of life, I know people who work in recruitment and cannot fill the 100s of jobs they have on there books (even more so now after brexit) the more you give people for free the more they want, and I'm sorry I have work ethics and don't want to give what I earn to those who won't work

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

When I've been skint I've done more shifts or got a second job. I don't understand how people can not have money to eat. If they are disabled fair enough but if you are able bodied I just don't get it

R

over a year ago

"When I've been skint I've done more shifts or got a second job. I don't understand how people can not have money to eat. If they are disabled fair enough but if you are able bodied I just don't get it

R"

Really, you can’t grasp the concept of someone losing a job ?

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"When I've been skint I've done more shifts or got a second job. I don't understand how people can not have money to eat. If they are disabled fair enough but if you are able bodied I just don't get it

R

Really, you can’t grasp the concept of someone losing a job ? "

I put an ad on gumtree on the morning and had 3 jobs that night. It's not hard. I genuinely believe if you want to work you will

R

over a year ago

R

I put an ad on gumtree on the morning and had 3 jobs that night. It's not hard. I genuinely believe if you want to work you will

R"

That’s not going to be the case for everyone, people need a safety net, that’s hardly too much to ask from a Civilised society like ours.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Maybe we could try educating these people in how to balance the free money they already get from us.

When our children needed something we did without and even got a second job to give them what they needed, never expected it for fee off someone else

I am not *remotely* religious, but the world would be an infinitely better place if more people paid attention to the "There but for the grace of God go I" thing. How typical of British malice that the guy who probably said that was burned at the stake. "

Thank you so much for this...

over a year ago

R

R"

Did you also get paid cash in hand in advance so you could buy your necessities? What happens if you don't have any savings? You starve between offer of employment till pay date?

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

Did you also get paid cash in hand in advance so you could buy your necessities? What happens if you don't have any savings? You starve between offer of employment till pay date? "

Yes was cash in hand jobs so got paid that day

R

over a year ago

North West

R"

What's being disabled got to do with anything?

over a year ago

How about just sticking them "scroungers" up against a wall and shoot them

over a year ago

North West

R

R

Did you also get paid cash in hand in advance so you could buy your necessities? What happens if you don't have any savings? You starve between offer of employment till pay date?

R"

Great, so the "employer" was more than likely avoiding tax contributions and the like...

over a year ago

North West

"How about just sticking them "scroungers" up against a wall and shoot them "

There are, sadly, many people who would happily pull the trigger.

People who are so deluded that they think they can never find themselves in such a precarious situation. Life can change in an instant...

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

What's being disabled got to do with anything?"

If your movement is limited then so can your options for some jobs

R

over a year ago

North West

R

R"

Disabled people are just as able to work as the next person, in the overwhelming majority of cases. Reasonable. Adjustments

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

Disabled people are just as able to work as the next person, in the overwhelming majority of cases. Reasonable. Adjustments "

I know that. I done casual cleaning jobs tho. I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten they 3 jobs that day those 2,3 and 4 story houses tho if I was

R

over a year ago

North West

R

R

Disabled people are just as able to work as the next person, in the overwhelming majority of cases. Reasonable. Adjustments

I know that. I done casual cleaning jobs tho. I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten they 3 jobs that day those 2,3 and 4 story houses tho if I was

R"

Isn't that wonderful? I'm very happy in my education management job, sat in my wheelchair or on my specially adapted seat. The majority of my disabled friends work or are in further study.

over a year ago

"How about just sticking them "scroungers" up against a wall and shoot them

There are, sadly, many people who would happily pull the trigger.

People who are so deluded that they think they can never find themselves in such a precarious situation. Life can change in an instant..."

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

R

Isn't that wonderful? I'm very happy in my education management job, sat in my wheelchair or on my specially adapted seat. The majority of my disabled friends work or are in further study. "

Cool

R

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Tsk! They’ll be wanting a right to air and water next!

over a year ago

North West

"Tsk! They’ll be wanting a right to air and water next! "

We should be charging for these by the cubic metre

over a year ago

over a year ago

Fab makes me so sad sometimes.

There are a lot of very angry people here.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Like I seid I have done without"

And like *I* said, what happens when someone has “done without”, and it’s still not enough? It is *very* noticeable that you didn’t respond to any the questions in my last post and instead just parroted some Daily Mail-esque SCROUNGERS SCROUNGERS SCROUNGERS talking points.

"and there are 1000s of jobs out there"

And a brief Google tells me that there are currently 1.7 *million* unemployed people in the UK. And, of course, those are the ones the government will admit to, so of course the real figure will be higher.

"Benefits are a stop gap not a way of life"

Conveniently ignoring all the people who *can’t* work. You’re on board with letting them all die then, right?

"I know people who work in recruitment and cannot fill the 100s of jobs they have on there books (even more so now after brexit)"

And I know plenty of people who’ve spent months or years out of work because literally nobody will give them any job of any sort. Who wins? Your anecdote or mine?

"the more you give people for free the more they want"

[Citation needed]

"I'm sorry I have work ethics"

No, you have *privilege*. And I don’t believe for a moment that you’re sorry either.

"and don't want to give what I earn to those who won't work"

So you’re saying you’re so selfish you’ll let people who have less than you suffer and die, just on the off-chance that somebody somewhere might not meet up to your arbitrary personal stands of worthiness. Righto.

over a year ago

North West

"Fab makes me so sad sometimes.

There are a lot of very angry people here."

Yup. Also some people with a very limited world view. Any one of us could be landed up shit creek quite literally overnight...

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

R

R

That’s not going to be the case for everyone, people need a safety net, that’s hardly too much to ask from a Civilised society like ours."

Civilised Society..?

Jeans is the Master of Comedy...

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I am not *remotely* religious, but the world would be an infinitely better place if more people paid attention to the "There but for the grace of God go I" thing. How typical of British malice that the guy who probably said that was burned at the stake.

Thank you so much for this...

"

You’re welcome. I really didn’t want to get entangled in this, but somebody had to say *something*.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 19:30:27]

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 19:30:25]

over a year ago

"Fab makes me so sad sometimes.

There are a lot of very angry people here.

Yup. Also some people with a very limited world view. Any one of us could be landed up shit creek quite literally overnight..."

Yes exactly - you never know what life will throw at you.

over a year ago

North West

"[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 19:30:25]"

You were right though...

over a year ago

So I think we’re all agreed that everyone should have access to food.

Should the state provide a minimum threshold for people to live on? Yes.

Is the current level provided by the state enough? Debatable.

What about people that value other consumables (eg nice tellies, iPhones, XBoxes, cigarettes etc etc) ahead of providing the basic necessities (food, shelter etc)? Ooh let’s have a heated debate!!

At some point responsibility for providing the basics and making those value judgements between having necessities like food and “nice to haves” like top of the range designer trainers etc has to lie with the individual and not the state.

The real subjective debate is when does the line cross from state minimum provision to individual responsibility. As I say that’s subjective, I don’t know the answer!

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

R"

... you are happily married you have kids a mortgage and you stay home to raise said kids as it’s better for them for the first few years. He buggers off (or does/loses job) you struggle to pay the mortgage and lose the house you then have to rent which is more per month that said mortgage (I know right)

The money you get to pay rent isn’t your actual rent it’s the amount the gov think you should be paying which is £300 per month less than your rent.

On top of rent you get £800 a month to pay for everything for you and the kids ...... food shopping alone is £300 not even considering school uniform clothes and well living.

You can’t ‘do more shifts’ or ‘get a second job’ as you have kids to look after.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Oh my gosh some on this thread clearly haven't been totally up shots creek. Both my parents worked when I was little, they earnt 50p too much a week to get extra benefits such as free school meals etc.

My parents did go without, as did we as kids. We lived in a house without central heating, so the windows froze on the inside. We didn't always eat substantial meals at night. Because we didn't have heating and I have Raynaud's phenomenon I was on beta blockers at the age of 15 as my fingers swoll so much I couldn't hold a pen. Do I begrudge paying taxes hell no, no child should suffer if their parents aren't in a position to feed them.

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 19:30:25]

You were right though..."

.... (sitting on hands lol)

over a year ago

I lost my job in October due to Covid. Had to give up my flat and move nearly 400 miles north. Savings soon ran out when I had to pay a years rent up front.

There was a time when I was close to having to use a food bank, fortunately a good friend stepped up and leant me a rather large sum of money to keep me going until I am employed again.

I have worked full time from the age of 15...I've paid my dues. If I need a helping hand whilst I sort myself out I shouldnt be made to feel guilty about it.

over a year ago

It makes me quite happy that I contribute to the "free money they get from us". Even though a very small part of my tax contribution goes to the benefit system, it is still nice to know that it's doing something good for people who need it. Food, clothes, warmth, roof over their heads and whatever else makes them feel a little bit happier in the situation they're in.

You know just the basic human rights that every single person should have.

I don't see it my right to decide that certain people shouldn't get benefits, I have absolutely no idea what their situation is.

No one should go to bed hungry, absolutely no one.

over a year ago

"It makes me quite happy that I contribute to the "free money they get from us". Even though a very small part of my tax contribution goes to the benefit system, it is still nice to know that it's doing something good for people who need it. Food, clothes, warmth, roof over their heads and whatever else makes them feel a little bit happier in the situation they're in.

I don't see it my right to decide that certain people shouldn't get benefits, I have absolutely no idea what their situation is.

No one should go to bed hungry, absolutely no one. "

Trust me, there's nothing more degrading than having to claim benefits. It's soul destroying.

over a year ago

"Tsk! They’ll be wanting a right to air and water next!

We should be charging for these by the cubic metre "

If Nestle thinks they own the water..

over a year ago

If Nestle thinks they own the water.. "

Who knows what's next.

over a year ago

R

R

R

Great, so the "employer" was more than likely avoiding tax contributions and the like..."

I thought so.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

If Nestle thinks they own the water..

Who knows what's next. "

Evil company, say that bottle fed milk is better than breast to make money grr

over a year ago

"It makes me quite happy that I contribute to the "free money they get from us". Even though a very small part of my tax contribution goes to the benefit system, it is still nice to know that it's doing something good for people who need it. Food, clothes, warmth, roof over their heads and whatever else makes them feel a little bit happier in the situation they're in.

Trust me, there's nothing more degrading than having to claim benefits. It's soul destroying.

"

And it's probably people's nasty opinions that make it so much worse. I just don't understand the logic sometimes and how you can think such horrible stuff AND then voice it to others!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"

You've put into the system and not avoided paying your taxes to safeguard yourself if you found yourself in this situation. There should be no shame in it.

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

... you are happily married you have kids a mortgage and you stay home to raise said kids as it’s better for them for the first few years. He buggers off (or does/loses job) you struggle to pay the mortgage and lose the house you then have to rent which is more per month that said mortgage (I know right)

The money you get to pay rent isn’t your actual rent it’s the amount the gov think you should be paying which is £300 per month less than your rent.

On top of rent you get £800 a month to pay for everything for you and the kids ...... food shopping alone is £300 not even considering school uniform clothes and well living.

You can’t ‘do more shifts’ or ‘get a second job’ as you have kids to look after. "

I was on my own. I've worked since I've been at school. I done ironing so I was working from home in my spare time. I got my mum or my sister to watch the kids when I done cleaning or done it when they were at school. I even took them to jobs with me on occasion when I couldn't get a sitter. I worked my ass of as I wanted a better quality of life and luxuries. If you want to work you just make it work

R

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

R

You can’t ‘do more shifts’ or ‘get a second job’ as you have kids to look after.

I was on my own. I've worked since I've been at school. I done ironing so I was working from home in my spare time. I got my mum or my sister to watch the kids when I done cleaning or done it when they were at school. I even took them to jobs with me on occasion when I couldn't get a sitter. I worked my ass of as I wanted a better quality of life and luxuries. If you want to work you just make it work

R"

Autistic child can’t take them anywhere and no family and lockdown ......

over a year ago

And it's probably people's nasty opinions that make it so much worse. I just don't understand the logic sometimes and how you can think such horrible stuff AND then voice it to others! "

They say we're only two pay packets away from being in a mess financially.....food for thought (no pun intended).

Nobody should be hungry. End of.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

[Removed by poster at 07/04/21 19:55:13]

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

People judging should try paying all their bills and feeding/clothing themselves on £10.67 a day.

over a year ago

North West

"People judging should try paying all their bills and feeding/clothing themselves on £10.67 a day."

They stitch new clothes from the streaming tears of their children. Or something similar

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

Autistic child can’t take them anywhere and no family and lockdown ...... "

My mate has an autistic daughter. She was working for me doing ironing from home

R

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

R

R

My mate has an autistic daughter. She was working for me doing ironing from home

R"

And some people would rather or need spend that time with their autistic children, who may need extra help after sschool in order for their kids to have a better future. Not as black and white as you make out.

over a year ago

R

R

R"

Gosh it would be so easy if they all presented the same. Its a spectrum.

You seem to have an easy solution for everything but from what you have written you were never really alone. Received a lot of support and got lucky with job offers. Not exactly most legitimate ones but hey desperate times.. won't judge you in that instance. Not everyone has that blessing in difficult times to be able to rely on family or friends. I hope one day you wish to pass it on to someone who has no community.

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

R

And some people would rather or need spend that time with their autistic children, who may need extra help after sschool in order for their kids to have a better future. Not as black and white as you make out. "

Yes of course. I'd rather have spent time with my kids than done 3 jobs at times but you gotta weigh up your priorities

R

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

R

Gosh it would be so easy if they all presented the same. Its a spectrum.

You seem to have an easy solution for everything but from what you have written you were never really alone. Received a lot of support and got lucky with job offers. Not exactly most legitimate ones but hey desperate times.. won't judge you in that instance. Not everyone has that blessing in difficult times to be able to rely on family or friends. I hope one day you wish to pass it on to someone who has no community.

"

I have helped friends and neighbours on many occasions with childcare. I do believe in karma

R

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

R

R

R"

Some autistic children are non verbal, incontinent cannot operate out of routine ....... just because your mate’s can doesn’t mean they all can. If you had friends to look after your children or worked in an appropriate place your children could go then you’re very lucky. Not everyone is as lucky as you are

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

R

Some autistic children are non verbal, incontinent cannot operate out of routine ....... just because your mate’s can doesn’t mean they all can. If you had friends to look after your children or worked in an appropriate place your children could go then you’re very lucky. Not everyone is as lucky as you are "

She worked when the kids were in bed

R

over a year ago

Who is they? Odd post.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think these MPs are more interested in their so called legacy than helping the poor..

over a year ago

Why is that Tom?

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

R

R

R

Some autistic children are non verbal, incontinent cannot operate out of routine ....... just because your mate’s can doesn’t mean they all can. If you had friends to look after your children or worked in an appropriate place your children could go then you’re very lucky. Not everyone is as lucky as you are

R"

So who looked after the kids?

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

R

R

R

R

So who looked after the kids? "

She did. It's called multitasking

R

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So.ks it a good idea or knot?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Why is the right to fresh drinking water not mentioned ?

over a year ago

North West

"Why is the right to fresh drinking water not mentioned ?"

Because it's less of an issue in the UK where it's available from every tap and the water companies are not allowed to cut it off, even if you owe them money. Basically we already have freely available drinkable water.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Why is the right to fresh drinking water not mentioned ?

Because it's less of an issue in the UK where it's available from every tap and the water companies are not allowed to cut it off, even if you owe them money. Basically we already have freely available drinkable water."

But how safe is it?

over a year ago

North West

Because it's less of an issue in the UK where it's available from every tap and the water companies are not allowed to cut it off, even if you owe them money. Basically we already have freely available drinkable water.

But how safe is it?"

UK drinking water? Very.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently their is an old medieval law that says that if you knock on anybody's door and ask for some water then the householder has to give the traveller water...I tried that once and got told to fuck off

over a year ago

North West

"Apparently their is an old medieval law that says that if you knock on anybody's door and ask for some water then the householder has to give the traveller water...I tried that once and got told to fuck off "

Try next door to Gordon Ramsay's gaff next time

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

But how safe is it?

UK drinking water? Very."

I disagree...if tourists come here they should drink bottled water.. it's what your used too

Post new Message to Thread