Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mindfulness

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

How do you practice mindfulness?

Amongst other things I am trying to be present in the moment, and appreciate where I am and whatever is going on, from the taste and texture of my food to the birds in the trees.

Are you mindful, what does it mean to you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I use an app which has pre recorder meditation for different purposes. My mind does not easily settle so it's a blessing to do it with some guidance.

over a year ago

*prerecorded

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I focus on the sensations of my breathing, first and foremost. I also try to focus on the present, on sensations in my body, to minimise or distract from fear or pain.

Mindfulness is attention in the present. It's been huge for my mental health - I'm coming up on a decade since I last had a panic attack, which had previously been multiple daily, and debilitating.

By *edhead72Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham and Ashby

I try to feel the moment through being aware of the natural rhythm of my body be it breathe heart or the steps that I take. Slow the moment down - it can be very sexy

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

When it comes to communication - empathy and the ability to put yourself in the other person’s shoes and forget you have any of your own.

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I focus on the sensations of my breathing, first and foremost. I also try to focus on the present, on sensations in my body, to minimise or distract from fear or pain.

Mindfulness is attention in the present. It's been huge for my mental health - I'm coming up on a decade since I last had a panic attack, which had previously been multiple daily, and debilitating."

That's really fabulous, I'm very glad that it has helped your mental health so much and that your panic attacks are way in the past.

over a year ago

I hate sleeping, it’s become a war recently but I’ve benefitted a lot from ASMR and YouTube meditation videos

Leo have some good book recommendations if anyone would like them xx

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I hate sleeping, it’s become a war recently but I’ve benefitted a lot from ASMR and YouTube meditation videos

I don't have book recommendations but on YouTube there are a lot of medications that are supposed to help people go to sleep more easily

"

over a year ago

I practice mindfulness several times a day.

I use meditation, guided mindfulness practice, present moment, mindfulness eating and one mindfulness has been a part of my every activity.

over a year ago

"I hate sleeping, it’s become a war recently but I’ve benefitted a lot from ASMR and YouTube meditation videos

"

Any of the Calm sleep mindfulness and guided medications/relaxation YouTube videos are really good.

Also I like sleep stories on YouTube.

over a year ago

Any of the Calm sleep mindfulness and guided medications/relaxation YouTube videos are really good.

Also I like sleep stories on YouTube. "

Agreed - I enjoy Calm sometimes but more often than not the axmen videos take me away better x

over a year ago

Also I like sleep stories on YouTube.

Agreed - I enjoy Calm sometimes but more often than not the axmen videos take me away better x"

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I use wave replenishment meditation, negativity flows out to sea, positivity flows in with the crash noise

over a year ago

Exercise.

Only a long walk, or slow jog is needed! It’s amazing how a restless body can goad a mind so much.

over a year ago

I use music , takes me away from the world around brings back memories of bands and artists I've seen , DJ Alfredo dropping I feel love to a crowd of 5000 people in real

over a year ago

"I use music , takes me away from the world around brings back memories of bands and artists I've seen , DJ Alfredo dropping I feel love to a crowd of 5000 people in real "

Now we’re talking

over a year ago

My mind is full enough

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Fly-fishing.... The sound of running water.... dappled light filtering through the swaying trees..... The line swishing through the air, feeling the curve and strain of the rod as you sense the timing of each forward and back cast... subconsciously reading the wind and the river currents.... ears straining out the background noises of river, wind and wildlife...to hear the sip of a Trout sucking down a Mayfly..... as you look through the moving water, for a shadow that shouldn't be there, or slightest flash of a buttery, golden yellow trout....

For me it's the most natural and perfect state of mindfulness I can achive, it's like being in an otherworldly, semi trance like state....

The only thing that comes close is tracing out while dancing with my fire poi...

Post new Message to Thread