Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How many uk swingers? Can’t be true!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching a swingers documentary this evening, they said that there’s 1.5 million adults in the uk involved with the swinging scene. That works out roughly 1 in every 34 people is in to it. Surely that can’t be right?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why not?

I believe that number will only increase as society becomes more open

By *LUFFER200Man
over a year ago

North Devon

From what I’ve seen 1.49 million are men.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"From what I’ve seen 1.49 million are men. "

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Make the 9 recurring

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

that did make me laugh.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know where they got that number from though. It's not as if there's a national swingers passport

By *arte_Blanche_NECouple
over a year ago

Northern

By *oreno0969Man
over a year ago

Rugby

I'll have to ask the director where he got that fiqure from amd let you know

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I don't know where they got that number from though. It's not as if there's a national swingers passport "

I think Martyn has a swingers passport

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't know where they got that number from though. It's not as if there's a national swingers passport "

Passports are a touch controversial

By *oreno0969Man
over a year ago

Rugby

"I don't know where they got that number from though. It's not as if there's a national swingers passport

I think Martyn has a swingers passport "

I've certainly traveled around some thats for sure

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

1,499,732 to be exact...

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"From what I’ve seen 1.49 million are men.

that did make me laugh. "

Me too.

over a year ago

Thats next after the vaccine passport.

over a year ago

Lol that's probably a correct number lol. It's always too many men ha ha

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"I don't know where they got that number from though. It's not as if there's a national swingers passport

Thats next after the vaccine passport. "

I was trying to book a trip to the UK and I was re directed to a UK government site that had flight requirements. testing no more then 5 days before trip and where to send proof. Hotel's that include arrival testing (x 2 and fine amounts)and 10 day quarantine requirements.

I got so confused I had to log off.

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Thats next after the vaccine passport.

I was trying to book a trip to the UK and I was re directed to a UK government site that had flight requirements. testing no more then 5 days before trip and where to send proof. Hotel's that include arrival testing (x 2 and fine amounts)and 10 day quarantine requirements.

I got so confused I had to log off. "

Off topic...my apologize.

over a year ago

"Why not?

I believe that number will only increase as society becomes more open"

I believe this to be true. Religion is a dying thing now (for whatever reasons, less and less are needing the church) and that was where the vows and the judgement on being ‘unfaithful’ with each other ingrained. *just my opinion

Where else can Those that want the people to behave threaten hell and damnation if you don’t stick to rules that society expects? The government? (Can they successfully install a way of life as much as the church did by saying we should do something and we all do it, in mass numbers?.... Haha. )

People will one day (if we don’t all blow ourselves up) become more knowledgeable that sex is not the be all and end of a strong relationship/marriage and with that in mind, having various sex partners will become more of the norm. Maybe.

By *roticusCouple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

I'd agree. Research on infidelity in heterosexual relationships suggests that around one-third of men and one-quarter of women engage in extradyadic sexual relationships at least once in their lives (Kinsey, Pomeroy, & Martin, 1948; Kinsey, Pomeroy, Martin, & Gebhard, 1953), or to put it less scientifically, fuck around. So tens of millions of men and women in the UK. As society grows up, it's reasonable to assume that an increasing proportion will get honest and decide to include it as a rewarding feature of their own relationship.

The great physicist Richard Feinman used to teach his students estimation by asking questions like "how many piano tuners are there in New York?" (He and his attractive wife were known to be swingers, too). It's surprising how accurate an answer may be achieved, by estimating what proportion of the population has a piano, how often they have to be tuned, how many pianos a piano tuner can tune in a year, etc.

So here goes. Let's assume that there are 30 regular swinging clubs in the UK. That each is attended by 500 couples in a week. That each couple, on average, goes to a club once every 3 months (12 weeks). On that basis, there are 500x30x12 swingers who go to clubs, or 72,000. Let's additionally say there are 500 parties in the UK held once a month, each with 100 couples attending, and that each couple on average attend one party a year. That gives a further 500x100 swinging couples who attend parties, or 50,000. So on this basis, there might be of the order of one or two hundred thousand swinging couples in the UK, or say at most 1% of the "adult swinging age" population. Of course, you can argue about the exact figures, but the figure quoted in the documentary of 1.5 million sounds high, and I'd like to know how they worked it out.

Happy swinging!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The numbers of members on here has increased a lot over the years and this site is just one of many. I bet there’s lots more people who swing or have recreational sex than anyone realises. Not all tell people about it.

over a year ago

Probably think about it at 18 i fucked 4 lasses at once me and a mate shared a bird among many other things and adventures i had no idea it was classed as swinging at the time my son carried on the tradition too hes got his own little gang bang planned for next month so yeah i think the number is probably much higher than that

over a year ago

Hahahahahahahaha made me giggle ...

over a year ago

"Watching a swingers documentary this evening, they said that there’s 1.5 million adults in the uk involved with the swinging scene. That works out roughly 1 in every 34 people is in to it. Surely that can’t be right?"

I suppose it all depends if you take into account those that like to call themselves swingers by being members of fab etc but don’t actually meet or play. That is seriously going to inflate the figures.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Watching a swingers documentary this evening, they said that there’s 1.5 million adults in the uk involved with the swinging scene. That works out roughly 1 in every 34 people is in to it. Surely that can’t be right?

I suppose it all depends if you take into account those that like to call themselves swingers by being members of fab etc but don’t actually meet or play. That is seriously going to inflate the figures. "

I’m not so sure that it would inflate figures greatly. Who would join a swingers site if not to have sex? Very few, I imagine. What with Covid and such, not many people are meeting anyway.

over a year ago

There is a special badge didn’t you know

over a year ago

"Watching a swingers documentary this evening, they said that there’s 1.5 million adults in the uk involved with the swinging scene. That works out roughly 1 in every 34 people is in to it. Surely that can’t be right?

I suppose it all depends if you take into account those that like to call themselves swingers by being members of fab etc but don’t actually meet or play. That is seriously going to inflate the figures.

I’m not so sure that it would inflate figures greatly. Who would join a swingers site if not to have sex? Very few, I imagine. What with Covid and such, not many people are meeting anyway."

Quite a few do though ... just to look at pictures, look at cams or chat without wanting to actually cheat on their domestic arrangements! Loads of men have been on here years without meeting

By *rooperRedMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

"Loads of men have been on here years without meeting "

Not by choice. :/

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Its down to the research done by Sydney University

over a year ago

"Loads of men have been on here years without meeting

Not by choice. :/"

Oh lots by choice ...

over a year ago

As with everything I read, see or hear from the press I take 75% of it as rubbish and the other 25% I take with a hefty dose of salt

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It’s an interesting figure. Absolute fiction but interesting.

Quite how they arrive at that figure is beyond me!

In my experience, the swinging community is tiny

over a year ago

it wasn’t on census form

Post new Message to Thread