Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If a charity that you support

Jump to newest

By *ablo minibar123 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Took more than £50 from your account for an annual pass that you never received, would you fight it or just think they need the money and buy another pass?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Fight it as they would be stealing from me.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What is an annual pass? I have a Direct Debit set up for £5 p/m to Cancer Research UK, and have never heard about this before?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Id fight for it

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Theft is theft. Being a charity doesn’t give them a get out of jail free card.

(Obviously administrative errors should be dealt with promptly

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll contact them to know what is going on

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

I would query it with them rather than "fight it". Mistakes happen. Emails go wonky, things get lost in the post etc. No need to get arsey with anyone.

If you pay money in exchange for a product or service then you should rightly expect to receive that, charity or otherwise.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I would draw it to their attention, they may have a problem with their systems, or your account may have been fraudulently accessed.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I would draw it to their attention, they may have a problem with their systems, or your account may have been fraudulently accessed. "

This

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Maybe you inadvertently agreed to annual subscription of something, lots of charities do this now. Established charities rely very heavily on regular donations, monthly annually etc one offs are problematic for financial planning.

They will refund you if you didn’t want it, check with them and the bank to be sure it’s not fraud

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Contact them. Actually alot of charity's are pure waste with your money, spending millions on high wages, cars and very nice offices.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s not your money , when you choose to give it becomes the charities money to do with as the trustees decide is best. If you can do better, become a trustee and solve some world problems

over a year ago

"What is an annual pass? I have a Direct Debit set up for £5 p/m to Cancer Research UK, and have never heard about this before? "

Annual pass to visit there for a year

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Argue the toss. It’s a dirty trick, they are not the only ones that will do this. Hoping you will let it slide is nasty.

Contact And complain, tell them it makes them look careless to their supporters.

over a year ago

Complained politely this morning. It's not right to have money taken for a thing I never received, I wouldnt put up with it from anywhere else.

Thank you.

over a year ago

"It’s not your money , when you choose to give it becomes the charities money to do with as the trustees decide is best. If you can do better, become a trustee and solve some world problems "

I wouldn't want to be a trustee for somewhere that takes money for things they don't deliver to be honest, pretty sure it's against the law.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"What is an annual pass? I have a Direct Debit set up for £5 p/m to Cancer Research UK, and have never heard about this before?

Annual pass to visit there for a year "

Ok, but who wants, or even needs to visit, especially now. As long as you know that your money is being put to good use, then there should be no problem sureley

By *anther81Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

Is it a real charity that helps a genuine cause or is it one of those charity for tax reasons kind of things?

Some charities earn quite a bit of money and pay the people who set them up and staff very well without doing a lot of good for the “cause”

over a year ago

"What is an annual pass? I have a Direct Debit set up for £5 p/m to Cancer Research UK, and have never heard about this before?

Annual pass to visit there for a year

Ok, but who wants, or even needs to visit, especially now. As long as you know that your money is being put to good use, then there should be no problem sureley "

If people don't visit them after the 12th of April eventually their animals vould be put down so fingers crossed they get visitors.

over a year ago

"Is it a real charity that helps a genuine cause or is it one of those charity for tax reasons kind of things?

Some charities earn quite a bit of money and pay the people who set them up and staff very well without doing a lot of good for the “cause”"

It's a genuine charity.

Post new Message to Thread