Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

First message

Jump to newest

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

What is it about adding a picture to the first message that makes you reply? Is it normally because not everyone has their face on there profile pictures?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Simply adding a pic won't be what causes people to reply - but those that ask for a pic will probably be doing so so they can decide if there's an attraction there early on and not waste time swapping messages to get a picture later on and decide there's no attraction

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

I thought so, just wondered if anyone had any different reasons

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All about that initial attraction, but it goes both ways

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

Women get sooooooo manage messages....as do couples, so they narrow it down, eliminate messages with no photo attached, then use a special word in the title to narrow it down even more.

That gets rid of over half of the unread messages.

over a year ago

If I drop my filters and get first messages with a picture, I rarely look at them. Initial attraction for me is seeing how they come across in the forums.

If they arouse my curiosity, it's usually me sending the first message

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"If I drop my filters and get first messages with a picture, I rarely look at them. Initial attraction for me is seeing how they come across in the forums.

If they arouse my curiosity, it's usually me sending the first message "

A different perspective I guess, sometimes it’s not all about looks right?

over a year ago

Can you really judge someone from there first message? I find a conversation doesn't really get flowing until after a few reply and goes nowhere without at least 1 lol.

over a year ago

"If I drop my filters and get first messages with a picture, I rarely look at them. Initial attraction for me is seeing how they come across in the forums.

A different perspective I guess, sometimes it’s not all about looks right? "

Actually no. I've been attracted to profiles who post and have never actually seen their faces. Their humour and intellect just attracts me. Obviously if I was then not attracted after seeing them, I would probably have second thoughts

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

Actually no. I've been attracted to profiles who post and have never actually seen their faces. Their humour and intellect just attracts me. Obviously if I was then not attracted after seeing them, I would probably have second thoughts "

I guess that’s where the connection comes from? Yes the second thought could come soon but I’m sure the pictures get swapped somewhere down the line right?

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"Can you really judge someone from there first message? I find a conversation doesn't really get flowing until after a few reply and goes nowhere without at least 1 lol."

I’ll second that, you want to get to know their intentions

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Can you really judge someone from there first message? I find a conversation doesn't really get flowing until after a few reply and goes nowhere without at least 1 lol."

We do I'm afraid. If the 1st message is just simply a "hi" or "how r u" (which makes me cringe) then it's an instant turn off for me.

Mrs

over a year ago

Actually no. I've been attracted to profiles who post and have never actually seen their faces. Their humour and intellect just attracts me. Obviously if I was then not attracted after seeing them, I would probably have second thoughts

I guess that’s where the connection comes from? Yes the second thought could come soon but I’m sure the pictures get swapped somewhere down the line right? "

Yeah, which is where it usually either makes it definite or not

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/04/21 23:51:56]

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"Can you really judge someone from there first message? I find a conversation doesn't really get flowing until after a few reply and goes nowhere without at least 1 lol.

We do I'm afraid. If the 1st message is just simply a "hi" or "how r u" (which makes me cringe) then it's an instant turn off for me.

Mrs"

I know I do a little more than those openings but sometimes it’s a struggle to think of something that’s going to catch someone’s eye/ attention

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

I guess that’s where the connection comes from? Yes the second thought could come soon but I’m sure the pictures get swapped somewhere down the line right?

Yeah, which is where it usually either makes it definite or not "

And there it is

over a year ago

And there it is "

Your first picture is very 'wuthering heights'

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

And there it is

Your first picture is very 'wuthering heights'

"

It was taken on my birthday last year (before lockdowns) by my brother, was a good viewing however

over a year ago

Sometimes no matter how interesting your message is, or how handsome your pic is, you might not get a reaction. While you are putting in all this effort, the people you are messaging might be seeing 10 or 20 messages and just lose interest in reading any.

I dont send messages. If I'm interesting then people will let me know.

We found that its easier to meet people at socials and greets. No use to you atm I know, but if you just be you then your personality will attract people.

Swinger women are not exactly wall flowers

over a year ago

"Can you really judge someone from there first message? I find a conversation doesn't really get flowing until after a few reply and goes nowhere without at least 1 lol.

Obviously that's lazy

Mrs"

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"Sometimes no matter how interesting your message is, or how handsome your pic is, you might not get a reaction. While you are putting in all this effort, the people you are messaging might be seeing 10 or 20 messages and just lose interest in reading any.

We found that its easier to meet people at socials and greets. No use to you atm I know, but if you just be you then your personality will attract people.

Swinger women are not exactly wall flowers"

Brilliant outlook! I like it, yes the socials and meets are obviously more ‘in person’ but yes like you said atm rather useless hah

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

[Removed by poster at 03/04/21 00:04:05]

over a year ago

"Sometimes no matter how interesting your message is, or how handsome your pic is, you might not get a reaction. While you are putting in all this effort, the people you are messaging might be seeing 10 or 20 messages and just lose interest in reading any.

Brilliant outlook! I like it, yes the socials and meets are obviously more ‘in person’ but yes like you said atm rather useless hah "

I know it's hard for single guys to stand out in a crowd like this but I genuinely think the best way is to be authentic and be yourself.

Some guys like to peacock, some try to be a stereotype and some try to be alphas and all that. It's all a waste of time. Just be you.

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

Brilliant outlook! I like it, yes the socials and meets are obviously more ‘in person’ but yes like you said atm rather useless hah

I know it's hard for single guys to stand out in a crowd like this but I genuinely think the best way is to be authentic and be yourself.

Some guys like to peacock, some try to be a stereotype and some try to be alphas and all that. It's all a waste of time. Just be you. "

Yes! I Would second this but I think sometimes us single guys try to stand out as we don’t want to be the same mundane gents that message and message in hope of a 5-10 minute walk in walk out meet but still end up getting rejected

over a year ago

When we had profile pictures and posted pics, we got lots of messages from guys. Some put face pics, some cock pics, some put almost a cv up detailing everything they could do.

At first my wife replied to the ones that caught her eye. But pretty much every one ended up in the same place. Let's fuck tonight. When she explained she couldnt they pretty much stopped messaging straight away. Or they tried being pushy. Some even tried the I'm better than your hubby spiel... it can be demoralizing.

I understand your frustration. But keep your chin up, and keep plugging away

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"When we had profile pictures and posted pics, we got lots of messages from guys. Some put face pics, some cock pics, some put almost a cv up detailing everything they could do.

At first my wife replied to the ones that caught her eye. But pretty much every one ended up in the same place. Let's fuck tonight. When she explained she couldnt they pretty much stopped messaging straight away. Or they tried being pushy. Some even tried the I'm better than your hubby spiel... it can be demoralizing.

I understand your frustration. But keep your chin up, and keep plugging away"

Yeah it’s sounds frustrating,

This isn’t me asking why I don’t get replies it was simply an interaction title to find out what people do and don’t like when being messaged/ approached on here

over a year ago

Add a picture of something they wouldn't except and you may get a reply or a block depending on the picture

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I very rarely message. Today’s messages are going to be one word boring answers.

over a year ago

"What is it about adding a picture to the first message that makes you reply? Is it normally because not everyone has their face on there profile pictures? "

I'm one of those rare women who don't insist on guys adding a photo lol. I figure we'll swap face pics once we both feel comfortable. I think it's unfair to expect it straight away.

over a year ago

"I very rarely message. Today’s messages are going to be one word boring answers. "

This is not my experiences with your messages Steve, rambling on about your covid theories!

By *notherGent OP   Man
over a year ago

doncaster

"What is it about adding a picture to the first message that makes you reply? Is it normally because not everyone has their face on there profile pictures?

I'm one of those rare women who don't insist on guys adding a photo lol. I figure we'll swap face pics once we both feel comfortable. I think it's unfair to expect it straight away."

Yes I agree with you there kitty, connection is everything

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I very rarely message. Today’s messages are going to be one word boring answers.

This is not my experiences with your messages Steve, rambling on about your covid theories! "

“Today’s”....

over a year ago

"I very rarely message. Today’s messages are going to be one word boring answers.

This is not my experiences with your messages Steve, rambling on about your covid theories!

“Today’s”...."

You burnt yourself out

over a year ago

"What is it about adding a picture to the first message that makes you reply? Is it normally because not everyone has their face on there profile pictures?

I'm one of those rare women who don't insist on guys adding a photo lol. I figure we'll swap face pics once we both feel comfortable. I think it's unfair to expect it straight away.

Yes I agree with you there kitty, connection is everything "

Without broadband internet connection nothing could happen anyway

Post new Message to Thread