Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The celebration of jesus.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Happy easter everyone, easter is about jesus, where we celebrate the resurrection of him, who else will be thinking about him during this festive period?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Amen

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Amen "

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ll be thinking of where to hide the chocolate and how best to feign Easter bunny footprints, rather than about Jesus. They’re both as real as the other

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not me im a atheist

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Not me im a atheist "

You can have an

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Amen "
This

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

Oh Jesus where going to hide all these eggs. Jesus that was fucking good.

By *J GeminiTV/TS
over a year ago

Northumberland

"Happy easter everyone, easter is about jesus, where we celebrate the resurrection of him, who else will be thinking about him during this festive period? "

Nope ,

Xx

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

No I’ll be celebrating the long weekend and all the discount chocolate on Monday

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am no aethiest but our churches are closing because they are empty and the few who do attend are mostly pensioners. The census has been worded so that unless you practice religion you are not a christian. Christmas is more about turkey and tinsel and Easter is about chocolate eggs. I fear that if we survive on this planet for another 500 years that The gods of Christianity will join the gods of the vikings, Romans and Greeks..

Here endeth the lesson..

Happy Easter to all, regardless of race, religion and belief.. I actually do t mind the Christians. The only thing I find off-putting is the ones who smile a lot...

over a year ago

"Amen This "

This

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Amen This

This "

That

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I am no aethiest but our churches are closing because they are empty and the few who do attend are mostly pensioners. The census has been worded so that unless you practice religion you are not a christian. Christmas is more about turkey and tinsel and Easter is about chocolate eggs. I fear that if we survive on this planet for another 500 years that The gods of Christianity will join the gods of the vikings, Romans and Greeks..

Here endeth the lesson..

Happy Easter to all, regardless of race, religion and belief.. I actually do t mind the Christians. The only thing I find off-putting is the ones who smile a lot..."

To be fair, even though religion isn't as widespread in the UK or even the US as it used to be, there are still countries where Christianity is the main religion. In addition to this, as Christianity is taught in most schools, there will always be people who have that faith and carry it on.

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That "

Those

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I am no aethiest but our churches are closing because they are empty and the few who do attend are mostly pensioners. The census has been worded so that unless you practice religion you are not a christian. Christmas is more about turkey and tinsel and Easter is about chocolate eggs. I fear that if we survive on this planet for another 500 years that The gods of Christianity will join the gods of the vikings, Romans and Greeks..

Here endeth the lesson..

Happy Easter to all, regardless of race, religion and belief.. I actually do t mind the Christians. The only thing I find off-putting is the ones who smile a lot...

To be fair, even though religion isn't as widespread in the UK or even the US as it used to be, there are still countries where Christianity is the main religion. In addition to this, as Christianity is taught in most schools, there will always be people who have that faith and carry it on."

Well see what the Emporer Constantine did for the Roman Gods..

Not sure Christianity is taught in our schools . They give awareness of all religions.. to teach christianity would be indoctrination surely? To inform and let the kids make up their own minds

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Amen This

This

That

Those "

Were

By *siancouplehantsCouple
over a year ago

K-PAX

"Amen This

This

That

Those "

this

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"Amen This

This

That

Those

this "

These ^

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

More power to those who do celebrate Easter, Passover and other religious festivals.

As for me, it's some bank holidays.

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Happy Easter to all, regardless of race, religion and belief.. I actually do t mind the Christians. The only thing I find off-putting is the ones who smile a lot..."

That last sentence made me laugh

My father was a minister and no I am not a Christian I believe it to be a big cult that cons people however if it makes you happy then fair enough, but if your a real practicing christian you wouldn't be on a swingers site...

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Here endeth the lesson..

My father was a minister and no I am not a Christian I believe it to be a big cult that cons people however if it makes you happy then fair enough, but if your a real practicing christian you wouldn't be on a swingers site... "

Excuse me?

I call myself a Christian.... above all else, love one another

over a year ago

Yes I'll be giving some thought to Jesus this weekend.

I have a book called The Case For Easter by Lee Strobel which looks at the evidence for the resurrection. I hope to make some time to read it over the weekend.

I'm not a Christian but some people close to me are and I'm curious and respectful towards it.

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were "

Celebrating

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were

Celebrating"

Hard

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The Bible could have been written by the Brothers Grimm..

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

My father was a minister and no I am not a Christian I believe it to be a big cult that cons people however if it makes you happy then fair enough, but if your a real practicing christian you wouldn't be on a swingers site...

Excuse me?

I call myself a Christian.... above all else, love one another "

I am not saying your not but if you are a cpraxtising Christian then you wouldn't be on this site, we can all say we are Christians but a true Christian lives by their faith. It's like a Buddhist or Muslim it's a way of life your faith is in everything you do, Christian faith is the same it's how you live your life according to the teachings of the Bible..

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were

Celebrating

Hard"

When

over a year ago

"More power to those who do celebrate Easter, Passover and other religious festivals.

As for me, it's some bank holidays."

over a year ago

Easter was originally a Pagan festival; in fact, the word “Easter” itself comes from the name of Eostre, the Germanic goddess of Spring.

Christmas was the Roman celebration of Sol Invictus and part of the festival Saturnalia.

In fact most Christian festivals are originally Pagan.

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were

Celebrating

Hard

When"

Suddenly

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"More power to those who do celebrate Easter, Passover and other religious festivals.

As for me, it's some bank holidays."

Same here!! I had a Catholic upbringing & we had it rammed down our throats all the time.

J x

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Easter was originally a Pagan festival; in fact, the word “Easter” itself comes from the name of Eostre, the Germanic goddess of Spring.

Christmas was the Roman celebration of Sol Invictus and part of the festival Saturnalia.

"

Close.

The festivals were placed on those dates in order to supplant the pagan religions and give Christianity more of a foothold.

There’s also a school of thought that the biblical teachings were written with this in mind

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were

Celebrating

Hard

When

Suddenly "

One

over a year ago

Same here!! I had a Catholic upbringing & we had it rammed down our throats all the time.

J x"

Quite literally knowing the Catholic Church.

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I am not saying your not but if you are a cpraxtising Christian then you wouldn't be on this site, we can all say we are Christians but a true Christian lives by their faith. It's like a Buddhist or Muslim it's a way of life your faith is in everything you do, Christian faith is the same it's how you live your life according to the teachings of the Bible.. "

You do you I'll do me. I was baptised 4 years ago...

over a year ago

why be on here if your into the thou shalt not stuff

over a year ago

"Easter was originally a Pagan festival; in fact, the word “Easter” itself comes from the name of Eostre, the Germanic goddess of Spring.

Close.

The festivals were placed on those dates in order to supplant the pagan religions and give Christianity more of a foothold.

There’s also a school of thought that the biblical teachings were written with this in mind"

Exactly! New Years Day, Halloween, Epiphany and St. John's Day were all originally Pagan. It can be said that Jesus was based upon the Egyptian god Horus!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Close.

There’s also a school of thought that the biblical teachings were written with this in mind"

The Romans used to do this to the peoples they conquered, both pre and post Christianity.

I'm sure that the organisation of the biblical texts up to and including the Council of Nicea happened within this context (late antiquity not my long suit).

Whether the texts were written with Roman conquest techniques in mind - guess it depends on which texts. I'd think it wouldn't be possible for the Gospels, otherwise it'd depend on when the texts were written.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

J x

Quite literally knowing the Catholic Church. "

Our school priest is currently residing in hotel HMP!! He was sentenced in January....

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I am not saying your not but if you are a cpraxtising Christian then you wouldn't be on this site, we can all say we are Christians but a true Christian lives by their faith. It's like a Buddhist or Muslim it's a way of life your faith is in everything you do, Christian faith is the same it's how you live your life according to the teachings of the Bible.. "

No it’s not.

And Jesus never said a single thing about swinging, (or abortion or homosexuality), the closet he came was when asked whether he agreed with the Old Testament rule they should stone to death a woman who had cheated ... he just smiled and said let him

without sin cast the first stone and they all walked away.

over a year ago

J x

Quite literally knowing the Catholic Church.

Our school priest is currently residing in hotel HMP!! He was sentenced in January...."

By *rder66Man
over a year ago

Tatooine

No, I will not be celebrating a false story of someone who had been misinterpreted through religious text as a means of controling the population.

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I had sex with a pastor at a swingers club 2 years ago

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I am not saying your not but if you are a cpraxtising Christian then you wouldn't be on this site, we can all say we are Christians but a true Christian lives by their faith. It's like a Buddhist or Muslim it's a way of life your faith is in everything you do, Christian faith is the same it's how you live your life according to the teachings of the Bible..

I had sex with a pastor at a swingers club 2 years ago "

Was he from Cornwall?

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I had sex with a pastor at a swingers club 2 years ago

Was he from Cornwall? "

Ermm no lol. West mids, was in chameleons

over a year ago

"I had sex with a pastor at a swingers club 2 years ago

Was he from Cornwall?

Ermm no lol. West mids, was in chameleons "

So he wasn't a Cornish pastor?

over a year ago

Happy Easter shag!!

god has died

god has risen

god can fuck off.

T

over a year ago

Was he from Cornwall?

So he wasn't a Cornish pastor? "

Ok, time for me to step away from the internet again

over a year ago

Was he from Cornwall?

So he wasn't a Cornish pastor?

Ok, time for me to step away from the internet again "

You might as well. No one is going to top that.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"

I’m a pagan but do eat Easter eggs. We celebrate the coming of spring and rebirth, nothing christian.

over a year ago

"Amen This

This

That

Those

Were

Celebrating

Hard

When

Suddenly

One"

Good exchanges everyone.

over a year ago

over a year ago

And he was born on Christmas dayyyyy

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I hope everyone's well stocked on chocolate to celebrate Zombie Jesus Day

LvM

over a year ago

"And he was born on Christmas dayyyyy "

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

No it’s not.

And Jesus never said a single thing about swinging, (or abortion or homosexuality), the closet he came was when asked whether he agreed with the Old Testament rule they should stone to death a woman who had cheated ... he just smiled and said let him

without sin cast the first stone and they all walked away."

So that is why being gay is not recognised by the church.

Why it is a sin to commit adultery

Why when you get married in the church it is to forsake all others.. The modern church does not go by the old bible it goes by the new testament.

I could go on but I actually don't give a flying fuck what people do or lives their life's just the hypocrisy of it all I prefer to admit I am not a Christian but I live within reasonable morals and I am a good person but I don't live my life as others would deem to be role modeling behaviour in my sexual preferences according to Christians.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Delusional beliefs that differ from cultural norms are a diagnosable symptom of a schizotypal personality, that is on the schisphrenia spectrum; if one or a small number of people believed in the central tenets of Christian faith, they could potentially be diagnosed as being mentally ill.

The fact that religious faith is (or was) a cultural norm means it cannot be included, except when carried to an extreme called religiosity.

Frankly, I think that Christian faith is delusional, and its practise is bizarre, incomprehensible and unjustifiable.

But Cadbury's chocolate eggs are very tasty, and potentially addictive, as faith formerly was in less enlightened times.

over a year ago

Nope.

By *istyblue1967Man
over a year ago

manchester

im having a meat free friday

salad for tea

over a year ago

I have sinned (unintentionally though - does that count?)

I've cooked chicken fajitas accidentally on Good Friday

I feel awful now

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

I am sorry to say I will not be thinking about him.......And still we wait for the second coming......

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And although the Christians wait for the second coming every time someone says they are Jesus then they are met with ridicule.. bizarre

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"And although the Christians wait for the second coming every time someone says they are Jesus then they are met with ridicule.. bizarre"

Because they're usually not the Messiah, but a very naughty boy

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"And although the Christians wait for the second coming every time someone says they are Jesus then they are met with ridicule.. bizarre

Because they're usually not the Messiah, but a very naughty boy "

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I am sorry to say I will not be thinking about him.......And still we wait for the second coming......"
I can do it several times a session

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I am sorry to say I will not be thinking about him.......And still we wait for the second coming......"

I thought it was David Icke

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A pagan non-christian festivity that they incorporated could be viewed as the pagans' right.

over a year ago

I have Easter bunny in my garden.. Family of wild rabbits

Don't leave me any eggs!!!

Atheist here...

over a year ago

There’s a Lincoln log in my sock draw.... And that’s the story of Jesus...

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Jesus is OK, quite a cool guy, I'm not scared of him even though I'm a sinner.

I will probably go to hell but I'm not worried.

I like Easter and Christmas I also like vampires wierd that.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Yes, as a Christian for me Easter is for me a time of reflection and thanks for what we have and also what others are unfortunate not to have.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I find the Christian message particularly horrible. The idea of Jesus having to die because I have upset his father is abhorrent.

Basically the message is that God's ability to kill somebody because he was disobeyed is more important than punishing the right person. We would never condone that approach in our legal systems. Imagine saying "A crime has been committed and somebody has to pay, and if it's not the person who committed the crime then that's OK because the most important thing is that somebody is punished". Would you think that's a good system? No? But apply that to God and suddenly lots of people talk about how merciful he is. It's insane.

What's even more mad is that Christian theology says that Jesus IS God. So God's desire for retribution is so great, he's even prepared to punish himself.

Jesus's so-called sacrifice is no act of mercy. It's a symbol of a bat-shit crazy God. If he is that nuts and that's what really needed to happen, he should stop complaining and get on with it.

over a year ago

"No I’ll be celebrating the long weekend and all the discount chocolate on Monday

"

Ooohhh yes I forgot about the discounted chocolate

Praise Jesus and the Easter Bunny

over a year ago

I wonder, for those of you that are religious, do you trust King James I to translate the word of God? Didn't he give instructions to adapt the bible to fit the episcopal nature of the Anglican church? To endorse the idea of an ordained clergy? What else could he have adapted?

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)

"

Saturnalia....now that was a good album.

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)

"I find the Christian message particularly horrible. The idea of Jesus having to die because I have upset his father is abhorrent.

Basically the message is that God's ability to kill somebody because he was disobeyed is more important than punishing the right person. We would never condone that approach in our legal systems. Imagine saying "A crime has been committed and somebody has to pay, and if it's not the person who committed the crime then that's OK because the most important thing is that somebody is punished". Would you think that's a good system? No? But apply that to God and suddenly lots of people talk about how merciful he is. It's insane.

What's even more mad is that Christian theology says that Jesus IS God. So God's desire for retribution is so great, he's even prepared to punish himself.

Jesus's so-called sacrifice is no act of mercy. It's a symbol of a bat-shit crazy God. If he is that nuts and that's what really needed to happen, he should stop complaining and get on with it. "

Shouldn't overthink things.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I’ve been contemplating the difference between Jesus and Christ.

over a year ago

If you believe in God/Jesus, happy Easter.

If you don't believe in God/Jesus, happy Easter.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"I find the Christian message particularly horrible. The idea of Jesus having to die because I have upset his father is abhorrent.

Jesus's so-called sacrifice is no act of mercy. It's a symbol of a bat-shit crazy God. If he is that nuts and that's what really needed to happen, he should stop complaining and get on with it. "

I agree that the ‘penal substitution’ view of the atonement paints a terrible view of god. And while this has become popular, I think that is bad theology

By *merald Eyes XWoman
over a year ago

Can you find me….

I will be thinking of him......and enjoying my eggs

Happy Easter

By *andy2123Couple
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Isn't he playing for man city this weekend lol

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Jesus's so-called sacrifice is no act of mercy. It's a symbol of a bat-shit crazy God. If he is that nuts and that's what really needed to happen, he should stop complaining and get on with it.

Shouldn't overthink things."

And who gets to decide when logically analysing becomes overthinking?

I'm certainly not just going to accept something like this at face value. I'm going to think about it. Why shouldn't I? And when I think about Christian theology, it comes across as absurd.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Oi! Steady on you lot - I am Jesus.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

"Oi! Steady on you lot - I am Jesus."

^ he’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm certainly not just going to accept something like this at face value. I'm going to think about it. Why shouldn't I? And when I think about Christian theology, it comes across as absurd. "

I would have thought that our eternal fate, and the origins of the universe, are things we can't overthink.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Happy easter everyone, easter is about jesus, where we celebrate the resurrection of him, who else will be thinking about him during this festive period? "

Genuine question and not being provocative.

What does your faith say about swinging (have you found a loophole or is it ok and the church give it their blessings) ?

Every days a school day so I'm always happy to learn something new ?

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"Happy easter everyone, easter is about jesus, where we celebrate the resurrection of him, who else will be thinking about him during this festive period?

What does your faith say about swinging (have you found a loophole or is it ok and the church give it their blessings) ?

"

Maybe ask a catholic priest this question ??

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Happy easter everyone, easter is about jesus, where we celebrate the resurrection of him, who else will be thinking about him during this festive period?

Maybe ask a catholic priest this question ?? "

I'm happy for any religious groups to answer,

I'm not judging I just thought it would go against their believes unless it was a wacky religion that included orgys etc

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm certainly not just going to accept something like this at face value. I'm going to think about it. Why shouldn't I? And when I think about Christian theology, it comes across as absurd. "

When you apply logic to any religion, none of them make sense.

I feel strongly that everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want, but not to try to convince others it's true.

Faith is very important to some, and I respect that, as long as they respect my disbelief in any deity or higher power.

over a year ago

"

Mr Sam I think that you will find that wanting and being are two very different things!!

No priest needed.

T

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm certainly not just going to accept something like this at face value. I'm going to think about it. Why shouldn't I? And when I think about Christian theology, it comes across as absurd.

When you apply logic to any religion, none of them make sense.

I feel strongly that everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want, but not to try to convince others it's true.

Faith is very important to some, and I respect that, as long as they respect my disbelief in any deity or higher power."

Agreed

over a year ago

I was raised in a church-going home but, I've lost my faith now. Jesus never answered my prayers and he's definitely not my Savior. I don't care if I am not granted eternal life in heaven as I was taught.

I'm of the opinion now that life without religion and without Jesus would be better for everyone. It might put an end to all the countless horrors committed in the name of God and Religion like war and suicide bombings etc.

Just my opinion

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

"

One of the final commandments is above all else love one another.

A lot of what of what is said in the bible is dated to the times it was written, and Christianity needs to evolve along with it.

As a swinger, we are totally open and honest with each other, it brings us both pleasure. I don't agree with adultery, in the sense of cheating, both parties have to consent, without manipulation.

I don't think you can take the bible literally, it's dangerous. I'm also more guided by the new testament and those who were in direct contact with Jesus. Above everything though, trust yourself. A greater being (whatever you may call that) created you the way you are. Everyone deep down knows what's right or wrong.

over a year ago

Was Jesus the first zombie?

over a year ago

"Oi! Steady on you lot - I am Jesus."

No I am jesus, and so is my (ex) wife!

over a year ago

"Was Jesus the first zombie?"

Nope, plenty of resurrection myths that pre-date Christianity...some going as far back as the bronze age and almost all involving the "goddess".

over a year ago

All I'm thinking about is that he should have had a safe word

By *usty kayWoman
over a year ago

Burnham

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

I’m a practising Christian and will be in church tomorrow morning and still on this site. Jesus loves everyone regardless of how they live their personal lives.

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Thank you jebus for the chocolate eggs!

I’m not a Christian, I don’t particularly celebrate the festivals in a Christian way. I grew up in the church and I felt very much an outsider, I wasn’t one of them. The church I was in felt very cult-ish

over a year ago

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

No it’s not.

without sin cast the first stone and they all walked away."

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Think that's a pretty clear condemnation of sex outside marriage ...

Of course, given its all made up people are free to invent whichever form of Christianity they want but it takes serious cognitive dissonance to claim to be a follower of Jesus and a swinger.

Mr

over a year ago

"And although the Christians wait for the second coming every time someone says they are Jesus then they are met with ridicule.. bizarre

Because they're usually not the Messiah, but a very naughty boy "

brilliant film

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

No it’s not.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Of course, given its all made up people are free to invent whichever form of Christianity they want but it takes serious cognitive dissonance to claim to be a follower of Jesus and a swinger.

Mr

"

And I think that's very closed minded of you. We are not committing adultery, we are faithful, loyal and honest. Jesus was all about love and respect... think that fits pretty well in the swinging world.

If everything in the bible was taken as it is, Jesus also happily hung about with prostitutes

over a year ago

It's all about the chocolate for us!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/21 20:43:38]

By *usty kayWoman
over a year ago

Burnham

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

No it’s not.

Mr

And I think that's very closed minded of you. We are not committing adultery, we are faithful, loyal and honest. Jesus was all about love and respect... think that fits pretty well in the swinging world.

If everything in the bible was taken as it is, Jesus also happily hung about with prostitutes "

You said that far better than I could have thank you, I actually ignored the previous response as it felt like it came from a very bitter perspective and obviously not from someone who understands religion or Jesus at all x

over a year ago

It's a very interesting thread to read through.

I find it interesting that some say that swinging and christianity aren't compatible, which may or may not be the case. But if you consider the teachings in the new testament, that Jesus died for all our sins, as man is not perfect, and impossible to live by the rules and doctrine beforehand, does that not mean we are forgiven?

Not sure what my point is here, but I've always been taught, and discussed with others that we should always question faith, what ever that may be.

Other than that, have a wonderful bank holiday weekend

By *olvesbigkMan
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"No I’ll be celebrating the long weekend and all the discount chocolate on Monday

"

a woman from my own heart x

over a year ago

Sorry but no

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

Totally get what you're saying. The Bible is the Christian's manual

over a year ago

"It's a very interesting thread to read through.

I find it interesting that some say that swinging and christianity aren't compatible, which may or may not be the case. But if you consider the teachings in the new testament, that Jesus died for all our sins, as man is not perfect, and impossible to live by the rules and doctrine beforehand, does that not mean we are forgiven?

Not sure what my point is here, but I've always been taught, and discussed with others that we should always question faith, what ever that may be.

"

Please read verse 28 in my quote which is (allegedly) the words of Jesus and explain what you think he meant?

Mr

over a year ago

Please read verse 28 in my quote which is (allegedly) the words of Jesus and explain what you think he meant?

Mr"

I have read it, and I do take your point. But I would never try and preach or propose what I think another person meant. Many a war has started because of that. All I was meaning to say, is that if Jesus had died on the cross for our "sins", then does it even matter? I've been called a cherry picker many a time, but the only message I ever got or took on board was be kind and loving. Even that is impossible to do at all times I guess.

over a year ago

Mr

I have read it, and I do take your point. But I would never try and preach or propose what I think another person meant. Many a war has started because of that. All I was meaning to say, is that if Jesus had died on the cross for our "sins", then does it even matter? I've been called a cherry picker many a time, but the only message I ever got or took on board was be kind and loving. Even that is impossible to do at all times I guess."

I'm not preaching anything, I spent 21 years of my life being brainwashed, living as best I could by the exact letter of the bible, baptised at 17, no friends outside the church the full works. Having experienced that I would never presume to tell someone what to believe but it has given me a deep distrust of hypocrisy. I understand that many want to ignore the bits they don't like and stick to the fluffy love and hugs bits but struggle to understand what goes through their heads as they read this stuff? It's like the bit where someone calls Jesus "father" and he tells them not to call him or anyone else father as their only father is God. What the fuck do millions of catholics think as they read this? I just find it bizarre how people can read this and ignore the direct contradiction with their own beliefs

Mr

over a year ago

Mr

I have read it, and I do take your point. But I would never try and preach or propose what I think another person meant. Many a war has started because of that. All I was meaning to say, is that if Jesus had died on the cross for our "sins", then does it even matter? I've been called a cherry picker many a time, but the only message I ever got or took on board was be kind and loving. Even that is impossible to do at all times I guess."

Also, please accept my apologies, I clicked reply and quote to the wrong post - I meant to send this to whoever it was who replied to my earlier post claiming (in so many words) that because Jesus forgave prostitutes they were fine to crack on doing whatever they liked.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Here endeth the lesson..

Excuse me?

Totally get what you're saying. The Bible is the Christian's manual"

But like the Haynes ones when you could actually work on your own car..

over a year ago

Mr

I have read it, and I do take your point. But I would never try and preach or propose what I think another person meant. Many a war has started because of that. All I was meaning to say, is that if Jesus had died on the cross for our "sins", then does it even matter? I've been called a cherry picker many a time, but the only message I ever got or took on board was be kind and loving. Even that is impossible to do at all times I guess.

I'm not preaching anything, I spent 21 years of my life being brainwashed, living as best I could by the exact letter of the bible, baptised at 17, no friends outside the church the full works. Having experienced that I would never presume to tell someone what to believe but it has given me a deep distrust of hypocrisy. I understand that many want to ignore the bits they don't like and stick to the fluffy love and hugs bits but struggle to understand what goes through their heads as they read this stuff? It's like the bit where someone calls Jesus "father" and he tells them not to call him or anyone else father as their only father is God. What the fuck do millions of catholics think as they read this? I just find it bizarre how people can read this and ignore the direct contradiction with their own beliefs

Mr"

I wasn't meaning you, you asked me what I think He meant. I'm sorry to hear that you have gone through that growing up, and completely understand you having such distrust in religion. I wasn't raised catholic, and certainly wasn't brainwashed or indoctrinated as you had been. I was always taught to question your faith, what ever that may be. So question and ridicule the contradictions and hypocrisy. I was also taught not to have blind faith, so that may be why I lean to the fluffy love and hugs parts. I haven't been to church in countless years, I haven't even been christened. I do have a slight fascination with judeo christian religions though and their origins.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Today it is easter sunday, also known as the resurrection day

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

I've been celebrating the recently deceased rising from the grave by watching zombie movies.

Kudos to everyone who have stuffed themselves with chocolate eggs, he died for your sins, so gluttony to thank him

over a year ago

Happy Erection Day JC

over a year ago

Easter is about chocolate and wine. Whos this Jesus fella?

over a year ago

Happy Eostre you Pagans!

The naming of the celebration as “Easter” goes back to the name of a pre-Christian goddess in England, Eostre, who was celebrated at beginning of spring.

In the month in which English Christians were celebrating the resurrection of Jesus had been called Eosturmonath in Old English, referring to a goddess named Eostre.

Hence Easter remains the name by which Christians refer to the festival of Jesus’ resurrection.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Happy Eostre you Pagans!

The naming of the celebration as “Easter” goes back to the name of a pre-Christian goddess in England, Eostre, who was celebrated at beginning of spring.

In the month in which English Christians were celebrating the resurrection of Jesus had been called Eosturmonath in Old English, referring to a goddess named Eostre.

Hence Easter remains the name by which Christians refer to the festival of Jesus’ resurrection.

"

Happy easter

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Day 2: On Monday, jesus clears the temple the following morning, jesus returned with his disciples to jerusalem, along the way, he cursed a fig tree because it had failed to bear fruit

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Happy Easter Shag.

I hope you enjoyed every moment of it.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"Happy Easter Shag.

I hope you enjoyed every moment of it."

Ty, happy easter to you too and yes I enjoyed easter too. I hope you did as well

Post new Message to Thread